I'm changing my stance on the Dooku led squads

Prev134567
I have pretty much been saying it's good for the game. I guess I hadn't fought enough of them to see how ridiculous it actually is!

It's not good for the game whatsoever. It's the equivalent of the kid in high school that would sucker punch people and then run away. He could brag about how many fat lips he gave out but it didn't make him a good fighter

. If this is the best the Devs can come up with to offset other team comps in arena then shame on them. Between yesterday and today I battled 3-4 Dooku teams that I literally could not hit. It's not like the matches were close and I lost in the end. It wasn't even a contest. It's not just bad RNG. You atleast have a chance to overcome bad RNG. When these teams dodge at that high of a rate it doesn't really matter who they have around Dooku. They could have Dooku lead and insert any 4 other chars and still be hard to beat. I'm not talking about being dodged 30% of the time. I'm talking 70%.

I have both win and lost matches in the past where the RNG is stacked against me. You know... They are critting, you are not, they are sticking stuns, you aren't. Your QGJ doesn't knock down a taunt. That kind of stuff sucks but it isn't impossible to overcome.

I'm fully prepared to get trashed for this post. Luckily... I don't give a rats behind about the people that will come on this thread and make fun of me. I could level up my 5* Dooku today and have him at 6* in a few days. I'm not going to do it. I don't want the crystals bad enough to join this ridiculous evasion meta. I will see you guys back in the top 10 when the Devs get their heads out of their backsides and realize this does not make the game more fun.

Hey... Let's all build Dooku squads and see who can dodge the most! Sounds like a blast!!

Replies

• Options
    Another cryer
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more. Posted this in a dofferent thread a few mins ago

All top10 of my shard are dooku lead. I had a good defence day today and only fell from 1st to 13th. I buy one attack refresh so 10 attacks, first beat 10th to get 10th. Next SEVEN lost to dooku lead teams. His dodge is INSANE. I run 2 teams, a max jedi or a max droid depending on oppenent, neither could dent a dooku team. My ig86 with his aoe would MAX hit 3/5 toons. My ig88 one shot kill special was dodged twice. Not only did they dosge at around 25%, but every dodge gives them offence up and they tear me to shreds :,)

Why do they not test run these things? They buff qgj, 90% has him lead, now they've buffed dooku and the whole of my top10 is him lead.

The only consistency in this game seems to be change trying to correct the imbalance the last change made. its like a dog chasing its tail, you can get closer but they're never going to quite get it.
  • Options
    Everyone in my sever runs Dooku teams and they are highly beatable. If you lose 1 out of 10 why cry?

http://imgur.com/a/kE6ri
  • GuinUK
    65 posts Member
    Options
    I have a team that is Dooku lead and it has 2 major weaknesses. You need to exploit them better.

Adding Dooku has basically turned the game into rock, paper, scissors. A lot healthier than all QGJ teams in my humble opinion.
    http://swgoh.gg/u/GuinUK - 0otini - 688-542-619 - A word of advice - never read a pop-up book about giraffes.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku the Noobslayer strikes again??
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    Options
    Beware, many Dooku users will come to haunt you in this thread.

I myself am a disciple of the meta. I have a nice little speed team, and I place in the top 10 as often as I want. I even own Dooku. But, after experiencing the horror show that is the Dooku meta firsthand, I declined to subject others to it. The dodges are truly ridiculous and if they want to have +15% evasion it should be Sith only and anyone else can have half.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Well obviously anyone running dooku is happy with it how it is :,) thanks for your input guys, "i have him so it's great, you're just sore". :,)

I guess the issue being hes one of the better early toons as well and easy to get so lots DO have him.

Yes guin, rock paper scissors where dooku is fire and beats everything else :,) till they bring in a water balloon. I can list 3 squads that will beat qgj lead. I'm struggling to find one that will beat a team that can't be hurt. But hey, thats just me.
  • Options
    Nah, there is one team I can't even touch with my Dooku teams. Thankfully everyone is ether QGJ or Dooku themselves or the Dooku leads would all be jumping on the next bandwagon.

Keep searching - you'll find it :)
    http://swgoh.gg/u/GuinUK - 0otini - 688-542-619 - A word of advice - never read a pop-up book about giraffes.
  • Options
    There are others in my top 10 who like to make life rough, so I have no qualms with leaving my maxed Dooku as lead overnight. If they end up nerfing his leadership strength, oh well, on to the next imbalance...
  • Options
    Everyone in my sever runs Dooku teams and they are highly beatable. If you lose 1 out of 10 why cry?

http://imgur.com/a/kE6ri

Case and point. Dooku teams battling Dooku teams. My server is actually much more diverse than that but it won't be for long if this ridiculously high dodge rate is allowed to continue.

Where did I say I lost 1 out of 10? It's much higher than that. No it's not my squad so let's not go there. The whole point is that it doesn't matter how good your own squad is and it doesn't really matter how good their squad is if they are dodging everything. There is no counter to dodge.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Aye, I've no doubt i will find it, but I've already got 2 maxxed arena teams, with a third and fourth (stun and ewok) on the way. As a F2P its getting a bit ridiculous that i need to make a brand new team every month to counter whatever ridiculous buff they've created that month.
  • Options
    JoshG wrote: »

Negative... Far from a noob here. Generally in the top 10-20. I can put together several different squads. It doesn't matter. If you can't hit them you can't beat them. It's not even Dooku himself. I have always been able to deal with him just fine. There is no strategy against dodge.

• GuinUK
    65 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm F2P as well and share your frustration with that.

I'll agree I was gutted when my Sidious team fell from #12 to #236 overnight and admit to jumping on the Dooku bandwagon to get back to the top 20. Couldn't afford to lose those crystals.

That being said I think that the current meta allows for 3 types of team, whereas in the past we have literally had either the droid meta, the Sidious meta or QGJ meta as the only solution. This meta still allows a speed team. It also allows dodge Sidious to be annoying. It also allows Yoda teams to have a good go. And of course Dooku (arguably the strongest team defensively)

Where I agree with your point the Doogers are annoying, at last there is some variety. It just seems nobody is choosing to go with the alternatives.

• Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Meh, ill start tomorrow with another 10 attacks and try something new! Don't expect dodge would work, heres hoping ewok does the trick :,) maybe with a nice daka too
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Problem isn't Dooku, but how RNG works in battle
    Here is what I usually experience
    2-3 battles where I just crush the Dooku team, don't see much of his lead skill, then 1 where everyone evading all the time
    Here is my tip for when people go into a battle with a Dooku team, treat it from the beginning of the battle like it will be like the last example, and you most likely will win the battle
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    I feel your pain. I too really enjoyed the Dooku lead in the beginning.
    Now 34 of 50 in top of my board run dooku.
    The fifth spot will vary a bit but you can count on
    Dooku
    Rey
    RG
    Gs
    And amazing dodges from the ai every time all the time.
    I have in general 2 of 5 battles end with my team only landing 1 or 2 hits.

While the roughly 120 battles fought over the past week is a teeny weeny sample size for the reciculous dodge rate I have experienced , it is indicative of the rng I am having.

I imagine it's great for game revenue but I myself am considering just not playing arena until it changes.

Or I can just work harder to finish up my Rey and give in and farm the bug!

I still really like my dooku team but it is rather brain melting to fight through the sea of dodges.
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options
    So you want to go back to all Qgj lead speed dps teams? Or galaxy of Poe? It was OK for speed DPS combo but not evasion.? It is OK to one shot an opponent but it is not ok for the opponent to now done that?

Qgj lead teams with Yoda and high DPS had been the norm for a while. Dooku does good against jedi teams so yeah he is going to be used. I still face more Qgj, Yoda DPS teams than dooku led.

IMO this shift is more annoying/frustrating because:
    -Most at higher levels wrote dooku off as a useless and stopped working on him. Then he got a fix.
    -There was another purpose in farming QGJ since he could be used in the Yoda event so most got him leveled up. But he is not the best lead anymore, still a great one but now their are more options.
    -people got Yoda and want to use him.

BTW I beat a dooku led team with a teebo led team. I am personally using dooku only against jedi led teams.

• Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Problem isn't Dooku, but how RNG works in battle
    Here is what I usually experience
    2-3 battles where I just crush the Dooku team, don't see much of his lead skill, then 1 where everyone evading all the time
    Here is my tip for when people go into a battle with a Dooku team, treat it from the beginning of the battle like it will be like the last example, and you most likely will win the battle

Then I must have had a very poor RNG day, losing 8/8 times with a team that usually gets me first place.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    JoshG wrote: »

Negative... Far from a noob here. Generally in the top 10-20. I can put together several different squads. It doesn't matter. If you can't hit them you can't beat them. It's not even Dooku himself. I have always been able to deal with him just fine. There is no strategy against dodge.

Ahh. I guess all of the tears threw me off.
  • Options
    Idk scuba , I would still say high speed DPS is still running my board I.E. Rey,Gs, dooku, with RG

Can't really say qgj or Poe era were better or worse, but dooku lead is much more of an annoyance.

Curious about your tebo lead? I have him but have yet to level or gear him up. How does he do ?
  • Options
    All I know is I'm trying Talia lead in a nightsister team and her 15% evasion buff is not as good as Dooku's. What's up with that?
  • Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    I have pretty much been saying it's good for the game. I guess I hadn't fought enough of them to see how ridiculous it actually is!

It's not good for the game whatsoever. It's the equivalent of the kid in high school that would sucker punch people and then run away. He could brag about how many fat lips he gave out but it didn't make him a good fighter

. If this is the best the Devs can come up with to offset other team comps in arena then shame on them. Between yesterday and today I battled 3-4 Dooku teams that I literally could not hit. It's not like the matches were close and I lost in the end. It wasn't even a contest. It's not just bad RNG. You atleast have a chance to overcome bad RNG. When these teams dodge at that high of a rate it doesn't really matter who they have around Dooku. They could have Dooku lead and insert any 4 other chars and still be hard to beat. I'm not talking about being dodged 30% of the time. I'm talking 70%.

I have both win and lost matches in the past where the RNG is stacked against me. You know... They are critting, you are not, they are sticking stuns, you aren't. Your QGJ doesn't knock down a taunt. That kind of stuff sucks but it isn't impossible to overcome.

I'm fully prepared to get trashed for this post. Luckily... I don't give a rats behind about the people that will come on this thread and make fun of me. I could level up my 5* Dooku today and have him at 6* in a few days. I'm not going to do it. I don't want the crystals bad enough to join this ridiculous evasion meta. I will see you guys back in the top 10 when the Devs get their heads out of their backsides and realize this does not make the game more fun.

Hey... Let's all build Dooku squads and see who can dodge the most! Sounds like a blast!!

Surely this is not what was intended. The dodge fest is mind blowing at times. Hope it gets corrected soon. I'm not sure the percentages are quite what they are advertised to be. My two cents.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    I was trying to make a dooku squad forever and made a huge deal about his leader ability being broken. They finally fixed it and it worked better than I thought it would. I was the first on my server with dooku lead. Over a few days it went to 8 of top 10 is dooku lead (formerly qgj was in place of dooku now).

Although it can be frustrating at times, I still think it is way better than before bc now more characters are viable. Only thing that happened was qgj was replaced with dooku and in doing that I've seen a lot more diversity on teams. When it was speed meta, which it still partly is, you were forced to run the same characters or lost.

It may just be that when they "fixed" dooku they actually gave him more than 15% evasion bonus. Or it could just be how the probability works out. If the latter is the case I think the game would greatly benefit from some algorithms instead of flat chance.

No matter though bc when the combat changes take place the evasion will be about as relevant as speed, hopefully at least. It will be a more statigic game, hopefully.

Bottom line is this : evasion meta is better bc it allows more diversity among teams. Before you had to run like 3-4 meta toons, now u only have to run 1 (actually you don't have to run dooku lead bc their are a few ppl on my server who are top 10 who don't run dooku lead).
  • Options
    The problem with the Dooku meta is RNG decides who wins ALL THE TIME. Want to be in the top 20, 10, 5? No problem, just buy refreshes to wade through all the dodges.
  • Options
    Foomerang wrote: »
    All I know is I'm trying Talia lead in a nightsister team and her 15% evasion buff is not as good as Dooku's. What's up with that?

I bet it does on AI defense...I faced a Talia lead earlier and it was somewhat like a Dooku lead.
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options
    @Gungnir75 no doubt the speed dps is still there on many servers mine was that way at the top toll yesterday. dooku lead just adds evasion dps team. I think it makes the current meta not so much of a guaranteed win like it was.

I switched to dooku stun team about month ago when I was seeing all those Jedi teams out there.

Teebo lead was crazy battles lasted about 4 and half minute's. I really wanted to try something different, Qgj led Yoda teams destroyed them but did ok with Dooku led.
    Rest of my team is RG, Rey, daka, Asajj.
    It is not something I will do all the time.

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    This is basically a repeats of something I said in another thread. Dooku isn't the problem. Dodge is. Regardless of whether or not the actual math behind dodge is working correctly in game. Dodge is way too potent. It's strips away what little skill is involved in this game due to the ridiculously high reliance on RNG. It just so happens that Dooku's leader ability has the best dodge synergy right now since it grants offense up in a meta where offense/damage is dominant.

While the issue with dodge isn't as game breaking as the Poe coin flip, I personally find it to be far less fun. If I lost the Poe coin flip, and subsequently the match, all I could do was shrug my shoulders and try again. Dodge is far more heavily dependent on RNG and it's as much garbage as the Poe coin flip. Dodge should absolutely have a place. But, it should never be universally as effective across classes as it is for how potent it is. Instead you should be required to form cohesive squads of the same class (i.e. Jedi, scoundrels, etc) to benefit from the full effect.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Bottom line is this : evasion meta is better bc it allows more diversity among teams. Before you had to run like 3-4 meta toons, now u only have to run 1 (actually you don't have to run dooku lead bc their are a few ppl on my server who are top 10 who don't run dooku lead).

Supporters of Poe said the same thing. The problem is, it's as not true now as it was back then. You see the same few heavy hitters and/or foresight toons hidden behind Dooku (although it really could be any of the dodge leaders) in an effort to capitalize on the RNGfest that those matches turn into.

It's not fun and it further removes what little skill is left in this game as RNG assumes more of that control.
  • Options
    Algren wrote: »
    Well obviously anyone running dooku is happy with it how it is :,) thanks for your input guys, "i have him so it's great, you're just sore". :,)

I guess the issue being hes one of the better early toons as well and easy to get so lots DO have him.

Yes guin, rock paper scissors where dooku is fire and beats everything else :,) till they bring in a water balloon. I can list 3 squads that will beat qgj lead. I'm struggling to find one that will beat a team that can't be hurt. But hey, thats just me.

I run Doopku lead, been waiting ages for it to be fixed. Now I do find it silly. I';ll fight a team and land 1/4 25%(75% dodge) hits and get killed. I'll fight again the same team and land 3/4 75% (25% Dodge) and slaughter them. Rng sucks it is what it is.

Here is the issue same with QGJ era, Poe era, ect. It is the blatent imbalance of this game that is flawed. Not Dooke lead, Not QGJ lead, not Daka res, ect. The fact that you can fight the same exact team twice and get slaughtered once then slaughter them the next time is unbalanced. It is not 1-2 characters it is the nature of the game that is flawed.
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    Options
    Just played my arena battles.
    Went up against a Lumi, JC, GS, 86, Ackbar. My Rey and GS just couldn't hit anyone. They had 4 toons left at the end.
    Waited until the timer rest and found the same team. This time my team wiped them and had 3-4 toons left.
    I agree that RNG is pretty lame. Oh well, whatever.