Datacron Set-4 Infinite Loop, WAI?!?

Prev134
Not sure who to tag in this, assuming anyone from CG ever actually reads/responds to genuine concerns, but:
Wasn't CG's position always that "infinite loop" scenarios were bad for the game and NOT a "working as intended" situation at any point? Because it's clear from the new Set-4 DataCon modifiers that there IS going to be an infinite loop scenario, most notably for Darth Vader.
Is CG going to rectify this? Or are we going to have 4-MONTHS of infinite loop issues?

@CG_Tusken_Meathead

Replies

• Options
    Depends if Vader's defensive AI prefers re-mercilessing over force crush with the bonus turn at the end
  • Options
    YodasAdoy wrote: »
    Depends if Vader's defensive AI prefers re-mercilessing over force crush with the bonus turn at the end

In my experience Vader almost always Force Crush first then Merciles Massacre
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Who would put an "I win" button on def and risk AI messing it up?
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    What CG really meant was no free infinite loops. If you want to pay for their dataCON packs/refresh spam conquest nodes as well as pirchase 999c rerolls, then you get to have your infinite loop fun.
  • Options
    Is this "Sabine Wren Conquest" all over again??
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Beeblebrox
    424 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Metasly wrote: »

It's not just Vader who could/would end up with an Infinite Loop of turns scenario with that set of DCs though, he's just the most obvious example, there are several others, I'm specifically not mentioning character names as much as I can since I don't want CG claiming I'm spreading knowledge of an exploit or whatever they call it.
    ...Plus, it shouldn't really matter whether AI would instinctively use the infinite loop available, players on Offense definitely would
  • Options
    Beeblebrox wrote: »

I'm specifically not mentioning character names as much as I can since I don't want CG claiming I'm spreading knowledge of an exploit or whatever they call it.

is it knowledge about exploit or theory crafting? Im gonna do it for you:

With Palp lead we would have piett, starck, mara jade, death trooper and tarkin with potential loops.

As well as 3 inquisitorious

So in a "normal" imperial team, only palp, vader, mara and tarkin could benefit from that, given that it probably wont be profitable to break two teams. And then they have to hit all debuffs actually
  • Options
    I_JnK_I wrote: »

I'm specifically not mentioning character names as much as I can since I don't want CG claiming I'm spreading knowledge of an exploit or whatever they call it.

With Palp lead we would have piett, starck, mara jade, death trooper and tarkin with potential loops.

So in a "normal" imperial team, only palp, vader, mara and tarkin could benefit from that, given that it probably wont be profitable to break two teams. And then they have to hit all debuffs actually

Mara inflicts mass Tenacity Down, so yeah debuffs will stick
  • Options
    The "bonus turn" and "loop" Crons need to not exist.
    Seriously.

Make the 'cooldown' cron like the one from Set-1. That was much more balanced.
  • Options
    Turns out "balance" doesn't make the whales empty their wallets ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Can't wait for my opponent to have this on Lord Vader, doing constant AOE daze/AB as well as normal Palp Vader infinite turns as the AI will always do the dots.
    They really don't think of anything.. such a game breaking mechanic.
  • Options
    Remember kids... Loops in places like Conquest damage the integrity of the game and what the game mode requires.

Loops in PVP? That only screws over the playerbase, so that's fair game.
  • Options
    I_JnK_I wrote: »

I just didn't trust them not to find some ridiculous way to ban me, lol, but yeah, you covered most of them there.

As for whether it's "theory crafting", well when infinite loops existed before they always said that wasn't WAI, and this doesn't even need any theory to get right with some of them, just spam debuff abilities and keep taking turns
  • Options
    What CG really meant was no free infinite loops. If you want to pay for their dataCON packs/refresh spam conquest nodes as well as pirchase 999c rerolls, then you get to have your infinite loop fun.

But this Datacron is only using a level 6 ability and this is very easily obtainable especially with the materials we were handed with set 1 disappearing

This is also one where it easily beats 3 Galactic Legends with a 2-man or 3-man relic 5 team. I would not be surprised to see some kind of nerf incoming for it.
  • Options
    Didn't CG specifically say they wouldn't bother nerfing any OP DCs because of their temporary nature?
  • Options
    CG does not like infinite loops in the game, my guess is they did not test this enough. Likely to be changed.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Didn't CG specifically say they wouldn't bother nerfing any OP DCs because of their temporary nature?

yeah i think they said with datacrons if something is OP and broken they will just wait for the set to expire IIRC
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

yeah i think they said with datacrons if something is OP and broken they will just wait for the set to expire IIRC

Sounds about right. Also, makes sense. Why spend time on balancing something when you know it's gone in 4 months if you simply do nothing?
  • Options
    At what length of time would this no longer be your take? For me, it's much less than 4 months.
  • Options
    At what length of time would this no longer be your take? For me, it's much less than 4 months.

You misunderstand. I speak from their perspective. But from that perspective, probably even 6 months would be acceptable. Remember the Teebo stealth bug? That was around for a couple years of them actively trying to fix it. Heck, we still have missing buttons 5 years later.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Sounds about right. Also, makes sense. Why spend time on balancing something when you know it's gone in 4 months if you simply do nothing?

Yeah i understand their logic but to me 4 months of Vader infinite loop taking out every team in the game except LV is too much
  • Options
    El oh El. Who cares. It's only for a couple of months. Let them have fun with it. It's not permanent lol.

/s

Funny when I brought it up about Nightsister Initiate, it wasn't a problem (Nobody has her at R7!?!) lol. Just because only 300+ people have her at R7 doesn't make it right that she is deleting GLs. The point was that ability to do so shouldn't exist. Just like this datacron. But I'll go ahead and run this Darth Vader/LV datacron to the ground until it expires. Have fun like everyone said to have huh? Lol 🤣🤣🤣
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    El oh El. Who cares. It's only for a couple of months. Let them have fun with it. It's not permanent lol.

/s

Funny when I brought it up about Nightsister Initiate, it wasn't a problem (Nobody has her at R7!?!) lol. Just because only 300+ people have her at R7 doesn't make it right that she is deleting GLs. The point was that ability to do so shouldn't exist. Just like this datacron. But I'll go ahead and run this Darth Vader/LV datacron to the ground until it expires. Have fun like everyone said to have huh? Lol 🤣🤣🤣

It's actually up to 506 people in the game that can run the NI datacron. An actual complete non-issue.

Have fun or don't, totally up to you. But yes you should 100% be using the completely OP infinite loop datacron, because basically everyone (~230k players) has DV at r7+.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

/s

It's actually up to 506 people in the game that can run the NI datacron. An actual complete non-issue.

Have fun or don't, totally up to you. But yes you should 100% be using the completely OP infinite loop datacron, because basically everyone (~230k players) has DV at r7+.

Who knew breaking things could be so much “fun”
  • Options
    It's stupid and just as bad as the stun the target if you blink and other dopey datacrons from set 1. Apparently, all the decision maker cares about is putting out a new set of datacrons for players to spend money and resources on as the new shiny. Screw anything worthwhile, just "here's another excessively stupid set of datacrons that are going to make some players invincible if they get the good RNG or buy enough datacrons because they are fun!"

And yes, even in regular arena the AI for Darth Vader just keeps repeating his force crush over and over and over again. Stupid excessive garbage, once again.

If you want our rosters to be absolutely useless except one or two factions for months at a time, just lock them out so we can only use what YOU want us to? It would be easier than creating new annoyingly ridiculous datacron sets every few months that mean most of my roster won't be able to do anything against the "new shiny" you've proclaimed as the Meta.

• Options
    The reason I suggested this one may not last is because it fails the "spend money" test. It's very easily obtainable F2P. I have it on my F2P alt account that's barely a year old without really trying hard just using the materials from my unused set 1 Datacrons being scrapped.
  • Options

I did not pay anything and i got it ;)
  • Drathuk916
    633 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    The real mistake, imho, is allowing datacrons to be set on defense. They were always going to make an overpowered dc whether intentionally or due to incompetence doesn’t matter. However, had dcs been offensive only than they wouldn’t be as frustrating and dumb. (Editors note: i d i o i t i c gets censored lol)

Everyone hates losing whether it be a war, gac, or a battle within one of the two. Losing because of a ridiculous dc set on defense in either tw or gac is never fun. Losing because your opponent undersized you more because of overpowered datacrons and winning a banner race, while still frustrating, would probably be less annoying.
  • Options
    From a near day 1 player at 9M GP, this really troubles me. I have put years into building good mods, working on gear, relics, building the right squads and all of this hard work is devalued by this datacron. You don't need any good mods, min relics and you easily have an endless loop to beat any team you want. It ruins the integrity of the game. You already have many long time players leaving due to datacrons and this is worse than any other bonus they had previously. It makes Rey's datacrons look like JV level. Basically what CG is saying is mods, R7-R9 are not important, just get the right endless loop datacron and hope you get that one? Several in my gluild have spent all their re-roll materials and not get the cool down reduction one. So on top of not needing any good mods or high relics, you need to get lucky in the lottery? This is deeply concerning where things are headed.
  • Options
    Curious why it took until now for you to have this reaction. All your criticisms, save the specific element about endless loops, have been an issue since DCs came out.