Possible EA employee cheater?

Prev1
Anyone heard of the EA employee (at least that what he claim he's) that cheat & supplies people free 15k-1mil crystals to folks, in addition to conquest characters & GLs?

In YT, there's also screenshots of chat with him and proof of the cheating..

If those reports/proofs are true, this is a serious issue. One of the biggest we've seen so far, and it's coming from CG back yard...

@CG_SBCrumb , @CG_Tusken_Meathead , @Ultra any response?
I would very much like to be assured it's just a false rumor, but it need to be addressed imo

Replies

• Options
    That's one of the vids I saw:

https://youtu.be/u9bS33vA8xM
  • Options
    I really doubt he was an actual EA employee, but who knows. A comment from Ahnald on the video says they've shored up the hack and started banning people. I doubt we'll hear anything from CG on the subject.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    they've shored up the hack and started banning people. I doubt we'll hear anything from CG on the subject.

Yep. Doubt we will see anything from CG.

This thread will probably get deleted too.
  • Options
    Geez….I thought there wasn’t a cheating or or hacker issue….says all of the CG defenders. They keeping coming and coming and coming
  • Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Geez….I thought there wasn’t a cheating or or hacker issue….says all of the CG defenders. They keeping coming and coming and coming

What are you on about? I've never once heard anyone say there weren't cheaters, and afaik this is the first time there's ever been a server side hack. CG doesn't care about regular cheaters, but they're never going to allow something that funnels their money to someone else.
  • Options
    There has been multiple threads…every few days on cheaters and the CG defenders come on and say it is minor. Also, there has been other server side hacks in the past. There was a major issue a few years ago about buying black market crystals. Some of you newbies probably don’t remember that fiasco.
  • Options
    There has been multiple threads…every few days on cheaters and the CG defenders come on and say it is minor. Also, there has been other server side hacks in the past. There was a major issue a few years ago about buying black market crystals. Some of you newbies probably don’t remember that fiasco.

1. I have never seen these "CG defenders" say that cheating is minor
    2. That wasn't a server side hack, that was just taking advantage of exchange rates
    3. I am a launch player
  • Options
    If it's true (maybe check to see if their .gg account is visible and search it up to confirm?) it would have to be someone at EA support with access to the support/inbox compensation system.

austin-powers-gold-member.gif
  • Options
    From what I've heard the accounts that received anything was rolled back. People that received a lot (they paid money) were banned. And the person at EA support that was responsible can no longer give out anything and I assume will be fired soon if they haven't been already.
  • Options
    ahuf0ck388fu.gif
  • Options
    It seems that they've started banning people and found the source. It's funny how fast they act when it comes to cheaters/hackers/bugs/interactions that benefit the players but the cheating and the consistent bugs that negatively affect us take years to fix.

• Options
    EA support in a nutshell here. It does more damage than good.

How little effort they put in and that English doesn't seem to be most of the staff's first language. I'm guessing it's outsourced to somewhere cheap and these guys don't get paid very much. Looks like one took matters into their own hands and started a side business.
  • Options

1. I have never seen these "CG defenders" say that cheating is minor
    2. That wasn't a server side hack, that was just taking advantage of exchange rates
    3. I am a launch player

Havent seen them cheat defenders either. Maybe his vision is just better than most
  • Ultra
    11532 posts Moderator
    Options
    I’m going to avoid commenting on this situation and try to see if we can get an official response on it instead
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1795 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Huh... I thought I they were using stolen credit cards or something much shadier than manipulating currency exchange rates <shrugs>
  • Options

Huh... I thought I they were using stolen credit cards or something much shadier than manipulating currency exchange rates <shrugs>

Could have been some of that, too. My point was really just that it wasn't a hack.
  • Ultra
    11532 posts Moderator
    Options
    JackedJedi wrote: »
    It seems that they've started banning people and found the source. It's funny how fast they act when it comes to cheaters/hackers/bugs/interactions that benefit the players but the cheating and the consistent bugs that negatively affect us take years to fix.
    1. there was no cheating or hacking

2. this issue didn’t benefit the players though - and was a disaster for the player base, so a fast and swift response was/is necessary
  • Options
    JackedJedi wrote: »

Huh? Are you saying that this hack is beneficial to other players who need to face these hackers in gac/tw/arena? And CG should drag their feet in solving this problem?
    This forum is full of weirdos.
  • Options
    hello all
    apparently theres a hacker selling stuff with a ea dev tool and making big money, so i want to know if the tool is going to change and what cg will do about because just catch one guy will not be enough
    its not far that we spend months chasing a galact legend and some allegedly european guy can make this happen in a second
  • Options
    Does anyone here really believe CG or EA is competent enough to shut this down? I don’t. This person is sitting in Romania giving interviews with APGains because he knows EA won’t/can’t find him. They can issue bans all they want but as long as users feel the marketplace price of legit CG packs are too high, then there will be a black market for this.
  • Options
    Could you post a link to threads where the CG Defenders have said cheating is minor?
  • Options
    Does anyone here really believe CG or EA is competent enough to shut this down? I don’t. This person is sitting in Romania giving interviews with APGains because he knows EA won’t/can’t find him. They can issue bans all they want but as long as users feel the marketplace price of legit CG packs are too high, then there will be a black market for this.

The guy said it was shut down yesterday and he couldn't give out anything anymore. He also said he's probably going to get fired. Also try to find that "interview," it doesn't exist.
  • Options
    hello all
    apparently theres a hacker selling stuff with a ea dev tool and making big money, so i want to know if the tool is going to change and what cg will do about because just catch one guy will not be enough
    its not far that we spend months chasing a galact legend and some allegedly european guy can make this happen in a second

If everything is as it appears, it's not a hacker. It's an EA employee with client tools that went rogue.

APGains will do just about anything to up his viewing figures. I have a suggestion, how about upping your production values?
  • Options
    He gained access to either Crumb or Meatheads account, easy to hack an account when the password is datacronsarefun
  • Options
    It's an inside job. What always makes me laugh is they should be able to determine almost anything outside the bounds of normal play and act on it but they don't. They just don't care about keeping the game fair at all.

I'll be honest, I've been rooting for this guy for the last day.

gg Robin Hood!
  • Options
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    It's an inside job. What always makes me laugh is they should be able to determine almost anything outside the bounds of normal play and act on it but they don't. They just don't care about keeping the game fair at all.

gg Robin Hood!

Too bad he didn’t give everyone 1 million crystals. 😂
  • crzydroid
    7342 posts Moderator
    Options
    All the people calling this guy "Robin Hood" need to revisit that story. Robin Hood stole from the rich and gave to the poor; he didn't work for the rich and deal under the table to make himself more rich.

Further, CG isn't taxing people out of their livelihoods under threat of imprisonment. You don't have to like CG's prices. You also don't have to pay them. Everyone who's bought something in this game have done so of their own choice. Believe it or not, it's possible to play this game for free.
  • Ultra
    11532 posts Moderator
    Options
    You do know he was charging people right? You do know he was only giving stuff to people paying him, not any player, right?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    You do know he was charging people right? You do know he was only giving stuff to people paying him, not any player, right?

Absolutely... and charging them fair prices.