Datacron Set-4 Infinite Loop, WAI?!?

Replies

• Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    El oh El. Who cares. It's only for a couple of months. Let them have fun with it. It's not permanent lol.

/s

Funny when I brought it up about Nightsister Initiate, it wasn't a problem (Nobody has her at R7!?!) lol. Just because only 300+ people have her at R7 doesn't make it right that she is deleting GLs. The point was that ability to do so shouldn't exist. Just like this datacron. But I'll go ahead and run this Darth Vader/LV datacron to the ground until it expires. Have fun like everyone said to have huh? Lol 🤣🤣🤣

It's actually up to 506 people in the game that can run the NI datacron. An actual complete non-issue.

Have fun or don't, totally up to you. But yes you should 100% be using the completely OP infinite loop datacron, because basically everyone (~230k players) has DV at r7+.

And of course you missed the entire point. Doesn't matter if one person has it or 500k have it. The datacron shouldn't have been made period. They did an entire revamp (nerf) on characters that could previously beat GLs. Now all of a sudden it's ok because less than 500 people have it? Sure dude.
  • Options
    El oh El. Who cares. It's only for a couple of months. Let them have fun with it. It's not permanent lol.

/s

Funny when I brought it up about Nightsister Initiate, it wasn't a problem (Nobody has her at R7!?!) lol. Just because only 300+ people have her at R7 doesn't make it right that she is deleting GLs. The point was that ability to do so shouldn't exist. Just like this datacron. But I'll go ahead and run this Darth Vader/LV datacron to the ground until it expires. Have fun like everyone said to have huh? Lol 🤣🤣🤣

It's actually up to 506 people in the game that can run the NI datacron. An actual complete non-issue.

Have fun or don't, totally up to you. But yes you should 100% be using the completely OP infinite loop datacron, because basically everyone (~230k players) has DV at r7+.

And of course you missed the entire point. Doesn't matter if one person has it or 500k have it. The datacron shouldn't have been made period. They did an entire revamp (nerf) on characters that could previously beat GLs. Now all of a sudden it's ok because less than 500 people have it? Sure dude.

I didn't miss your point, I just disagree with it.
  • Options
    This DC has already changed the list of teams in my squad arena. Top 50 are full of LVs now. This DC is so lame. Next GAC will be so much “FUN”.
  • Options
    Antario wrote: »
    This DC has already changed the list of teams in my squad arena. Top 50 are full of LVs now. This DC is so lame. Next GAC will be so much “FUN”.

You mean GAC and TW for the next 4 months ... absolute joke
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

Fortunately you only have to beat one in GAC, and fortunately arena doesn't matter anymore.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I think the best thing for cg to do to address this is to get rid of datacrons. And conquest.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

The best part? They're so incredibly broken that having 2 or 3 of them versus 0 will basically win you your GAC.

I've now attempted 18 times to get a coolddown cron and I've got 0.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I think the best thing for cg to do to address this is to get rid of datacrons.

That's weird, your post ended here.
  • Options

/s

I didn't miss your point, I just disagree with it.

Roger that 👍🏾
  • Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »

EA: Defintely WAI, keep spending suckers!
  • Options
    Also the datacron on Lord Vader is broken, I use JML to increase his CDs at start of the fight. Then at the beginning of LV turn he does his passive dots, which reduces his cds and allows his to use the AOE anyway AFTER his cds are supposed to be increased by 1.

Absolute joke coding
  • Options
    Recurve wrote: »
    Also the datacron on Lord Vader is broken, I use JML to increase his CDs at start of the fight. Then at the beginning of LV turn he does his passive dots, which reduces his cds and allows his to use the AOE anyway AFTER his cds are supposed to be increased by 1.

Absolute joke coding

I'm loving it. Since I'm constantly being told it's a non-issue, I'm using the hell out of it. Wish it worked in PvE. Infinite Unshackled Emotions is great as well as the extra 6% ultimate lol.
  • Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »

The best part? They're so incredibly broken that having 2 or 3 of them versus 0 will basically win you your GAC.

18 times in what? 10 days? that is indeed some money
  • Options
    What a surprise, utter radio silence from CG on a game-breaking item which will utterly ruin Arena, GAC, and TW for any players/guilds who happen to not have LV and/or that DataCron!
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    What a surprise, utter radio silence from CG on a game-breaking item which will utterly ruin Arena, GAC, and TW for any players/guilds who happen to not have LV and/or that DataCron!

The datacron will expire in 4 months
  • Options

It's WAI. Just accept it and get one yourself. Nobody cares about balance or broken mechanics. Just ride it out dawg.
  • Options

It's WAI. Just accept it and get one yourself. Nobody cares about balance or broken mechanics. Just ride it out dawg.

It is not that easy, I know many who have a few level 6 and 15-re-rolls later still did not get it. That's another thing broken about datacrons. It doesn't matter how many times you try, you never get the really good one and others get it first try. It's a broken re-roll system, broken mechanic and they need to nerf this datacron or will after the big whales complain enough after TW. Money talks and they listen to their big spenders.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    the odds of running into this seems low
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    About the "I can't get the OP datacron because bad luck" issue:

It's been 5 days on a 2 months farm. As it's true for about anything in the game, those who are willing to spend precious resources (crystals/money) will get the new shiny stuff early. If you're lucky enough, you also could enjoy the premium goodness right away. I'll be curious to see how many players who were actively pursuing it, but without paying crystals, will get the OP datacron at the end of the farming period.

• Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    About the "I can't get the OP datacron because bad luck" issue:

It's been 5 days on a 2 months farm. As it's true for about anything in the game, those who are willing to spend precious resources (crystals/money) will get the new shiny stuff early. If you're lucky enough, you also could enjoy the premium goodness right away. I'll be curious to see how many players who were actively pursuing it, but without paying crystals, will get the OP datacron at the end of the farming period.

Ditto, especially since it doesn't even matter yet.
  • Options
    Just remember: The most effective way to express your opinion towards any company is with your wallet.
  • Whatelse73
    2186 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    CG is trying to base this on their past history of implementing something the players didn't like and waiting long enough so players just accept and move on. The problem with that naive perspective is that datacrons are instant gratification that goes away after a couple months and a new set refreshes the anger and frustration. (I'd swear the decision maker on these must be a millenial who is only concerned about the new shiny happening right now.)

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has decreased my spending, but the ridiculous garbage seems as if it will just continue. Watching Darth Vader and Lord Vader take turns force crushing (especially if Darth Vader does merciless, he does force crush 5-6 times in a row!) is so demotivating I can't even describe it. Don't worry though, CG said infinite loops won't happen with datacrons! Their lawyer is probably explaining to them that technically this isn't an infinite loop because your team dies from the 100+ DoTs they get long before "infinite" happens. Boom!

Not enough krakens are decreasing their spending significantly and some decision maker hiding behind their desk is only concerned about revenue, nothing more. (Especially since others have to deal with the wrath of players they can hide from.)
  • Options

It is not that easy, I know many who have a few level 6 and 15-re-rolls later still did not get it. That's another thing broken about datacrons. It doesn't matter how many times you try, you never get the really good one and others get it first try. It's a broken re-roll system, broken mechanic and they need to nerf this datacron or will after the big whales complain enough after TW. Money talks and they listen to their big spenders.

"Many" seems a bit odd considering that most in here claim that the players wont invest in datacrons, doesnt it?
  • Options
    Took 4 Rerolls for me.

If only I had LV.
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    Took 4 Rerolls for me.

If only I had LV.

For Set 1 I did multiple rerolls and made a couple level 9s and a few level 3-6s with not one stun ability. I've gotten two set 4 datacrons and one I tried rerolling a couple times for the level 6 and didn't get it. The second set 4 DC I got I rerolled once and got the OP excessive loopty loop LV and DV cooldown. Next GAC LV/DV/RG defensive team's hold rate is probably going to be a lot higher.

CG is dropping us all into a garbage compactors as if we're supposed to enjoy the smell.
  • Options
    For datacrons you have 2 options. Beat ‘em or join ‘em. AND IF YOU CAN BEAT ‘EM JOIN ‘EM. We can’t beat CG and we can’t beat the datacrons. So we have to join ‘em.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Fortunately you only have to beat one in GAC, and fortunately arena doesn't matter anymore.
    Territory Wars will be an exciting adventure, too. I guess this will make Rex’s leader ability extremely important again.
    Ultra wrote: »

The datacron will expire in 4 months
    Shouldn’t it be 6 months?
    2 months as the farmable datacron.
    2 months as the legacy datacron.
    2 months as the datacron about to be cycled out.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    It's four months, only two will be active at a time.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Territory Wars will be an exciting adventure, too. I guess this will make Rex’s leader ability extremely important again.

Rex lead? Why? :\
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Rex lead? Why? :\

Recieve crit and get 15 percent tm. but getting a lead that disables tm gain would be more efficient to counter them dcs