Datacron Set-4 Infinite Loop, WAI?!?

Replies

• Options
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »
    This DC has already changed the list of teams in my squad arena. Top 50 are full of LVs now. This DC is so lame. Next GAC will be so much “FUN”.

Fortunately you only have to beat one in GAC, and fortunately arena doesn't matter anymore.
    Territory Wars will be an exciting adventure, too. I guess this will make Rex’s leader ability extremely important again.

Rex lead? Why? :\

Recieve crit and get 15 percent tm. but getting a lead that disables tm gain would be more efficient to counter them dcs

Aren't we talking about LV teams?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    What a surprise, utter radio silence from CG on a game-breaking item which will utterly ruin Arena, GAC, and TW for any players/guilds who happen to not have LV and/or that DataCron!

The datacron will expire in 4 months

So you're saying that you and CG think it's acceptable to introduce game-breaking DataCrons without fixing them because they "only" last for 33% of the year and "only" affect the 2 most important modes in the game?! Then what happens when the next set is broken, and the one after that, and the one after that....?!
  • Options
    This DC has already changed the list of teams in my squad arena. Top 50 are full of LVs now. This DC is so lame. Next GAC will be so much “FUN”.

Fortunately you only have to beat one in GAC, and fortunately arena doesn't matter anymore.

Yeah, but you still have to actually be able to beat it. Not seeing much (anything) in the way of a workable counter to LV with this broken cooldown DC, and bear in mind that a lot less people have LV so it's not an equal playing field where almost everyone has say Jedi Consular or whatever
  • Options

Territory Wars will be an exciting adventure, too. I guess this will make Rex’s leader ability extremely important again.

Recieve crit and get 15 percent tm. but getting a lead that disables tm gain would be more efficient to counter them dcs

Not really, but LV lead doesn't shut down tm gain so not sure why it would matter if we were? The point of the thread is that this datacron gives DV an infinite loop. It was real fun for me in arena yesterday to take out a JMK/CAT team with it. As soon as DV got a turn, he never stopped going.
  • Options
    What a surprise, utter radio silence from CG on a game-breaking item which will utterly ruin Arena, GAC, and TW for any players/guilds who happen to not have LV and/or that DataCron!

The datacron will expire in 4 months

So you're saying that you and CG think it's acceptable to introduce game-breaking DataCrons without fixing them because they "only" last for 33% of the year and "only" affect the 2 most important modes in the game?! Then what happens when the next set is broken, and the one after that, and the one after that....?!

Save your breath (well, your fingers lol). Nobody cares about broken mechanics around here. It's a non-issue. (I don't agree with it.)
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Not really, but LV lead doesn't shut down tm gain so not sure why it would matter if we were? The point of the thread is that this datacron gives DV an infinite loop. It was real fun for me in arena yesterday to take out a JMK/CAT team with it. As soon as DV got a turn, he never stopped going.

LV lead, correct, it does not. LV... yes. I know this thread was about the endless loop, but someone brought up how useful Rex lead is going to be as a result. Genuinely wondering what I'm missing.
  • Options

LV lead, correct, it does not. LV... yes. I know this thread was about the endless loop, but someone brought up how useful Rex lead is going to be as a result. Genuinely wondering what I'm missing.

Ah, once they have a dot they can't gain TM. I assume that person (like me) didn't know this was a thing.
  • Options

Ah, once they have a dot they can't gain TM. I assume that person (like me) didn't know this was a thing.

Easy to miss since he also applies Daze on his AOE.
  • Options

Easy to miss since he also applies Daze on his AOE.

Sure. Though if damage applies before daze, then without the dot thing Rex would go second and he could cleanse and grant TM. But as soon as LV goes again it's over.
  • Options
    CG and devs want to kill the game. just don't say it openly, and directly........ Isn't it DEVS????????😉
  • Options
    Yep, they really need to address this. Just fought a EP led LV, Thrawn, Tarkin and Piett. Stuck in an infinite time loop where Tarkin just keeps going and going and going until the match times out (much like the energizer bunny except this isn't funny). Maybe some thought by the Devs to the effects provided by the DC would be helpful prior to unleashing them on the community. Plus don't have them apply to GLs
  • Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Yep, they really need to address this. Just fought a EP led LV, Thrawn, Tarkin and Piett. Stuck in an infinite time loop where Tarkin just keeps going and going and going until the match times out (much like the energizer bunny except this isn't funny). Maybe some thought by the Devs to the effects provided by the DC would be helpful prior to unleashing them on the community. Plus don't have them apply to GLs

Seems like CG are just going to go radio silent and avoid dealing with any issues that arise from any DataCon sets, it's like they've perfected testing-free releases!
  • Options

Seems like CG are just going to go radio silent and avoid dealing with any issues that arise from any DataCon sets, it's like they've perfected testing-free releases!

They already addressed it by saying they aren't going to adjust OP datacrons because they are temporary. You can not like that stance, but that is their stance on the subject.
  • Options

They already addressed it by saying they aren't going to adjust OP datacrons because they are temporary. You can not like that stance, but that is their stance on the subject.

That's a bit different from this current issue raised however. While CG may not change datacrons which are "OP", that have always stated that mechanisms that cause infinite TM gain or turns etc are not intended are are usually fixed relatively quickly because of their impact. I would say having a toon take infinite turns until the match times-out is a glitch rather than "OP"
  • Options

That's a bit different from this current issue raised however. While CG may not change datacrons which are "OP", that have always stated that mechanisms that cause infinite TM gain or turns etc are not intended are are usually fixed relatively quickly because of their impact. I would say having a toon take infinite turns until the match times-out is a glitch rather than "OP"

While they have always come out quickly to say they didn't want the loop, it has not always been quick fixes. And also those have all been kit related. From their perspective, why would they spend time on this (it would be a lot of time, because they would have to change the datacron and then refund some stuff and that always takes them forever) when it's going to go away in less than 90 days? It could be 30 days before they even have a fix and compensation ready.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options

Again, with datacrons any TM loop issues will eventually expire so they'll just wait it out and probably not give empire this modifier the next time
  • Options

Again, with datacrons any TM loop issues will eventually expire so they'll just wait it out and probably not give empire this modifier the next time

So we should just expect EVERY new set of DataCrons to be untested and obviously open to some kind of massive and massively obvious exploit, and you believe that is genuinely just fine and an acceptable way for the game to be managed?!
  • Options
    Yes, you should expect that.

I don't think it's fine, but I'm not footing the bills for CG--in large part because I don't think what they've been doing the last 6 months is fine. The whales, however, are fine with all this. I don't have total revenue numbers, of course, but the bottom of K1, where I dropped to try and get away from DCs, is filled with plenty of whale accounts that seem very happy--i.e. they're spending like crazy on them.
  • Options

So we should just expect EVERY new set of DataCrons to be untested and obviously open to some kind of massive and massively obvious exploit, and you believe that is genuinely just fine and an acceptable way for the game to be managed?!

1. CG not testing jokes aside, why do you think this wasn't tested? Because it does something you don't like?
    2. Pretty sure Ultra has said a few times here that they don't agree with CG's stance on OP datacrons
    3. This is the first one that has been just ridiculously OP, so why do you think they'll all be this way?
  • Options

1. CG not testing jokes aside, why do you think this wasn't tested? Because it does something you don't like?
    2. Pretty sure Ultra has said a few times here that they don't agree with CG's stance on OP datacrons
    3. This is the first one that has been just ridiculously OP, so why do you think they'll all be this way?

1) Because it was obvious the moment they were announced, before they were even in-game that they would allow for infinite loops, so even a mediocre and lazy tester testing them would've seen this
    2) I've not seen that, and they defend too many indefensible positions to assume it would be the case
    3) Because they're clearly not testing them, and the more ideas they have to come up with (something we know they aren't good at) the more they're likely to create completely broken mechanic situations which would normally be tested-out-of-use pre-release but clearly won't be with CG

P.S. I don't agree to this "all jokes aside" thing :D lol
  • Options

1) Because it was obvious the moment they were announced, before they were even in-game that they would allow for infinite loops, so even a mediocre and lazy tester testing them would've seen this
    2) I've not seen that, and they defend too many indefensible positions to assume it would be the case
    3) Because they're clearly not testing them, and the more ideas they have to come up with (something we know they aren't good at) the more they're likely to create completely broken mechanic situations which would normally be tested-out-of-use pre-release but clearly won't be with CG

Again, just because it does something you don't like doesn't mean it isn't what they intended. While I agree that they're very bad at testing, you don't even need to test this to know what would happen. It's even got a DV character bonus at level 9, so it's not possible that this is not intended.

The devs over at CG are an absolute joke (so much for joking aside :D), but there's no way this wasn't known that this would happen.
  • Options

Again, just because it does something you don't like doesn't mean it isn't what they intended. While I agree that they're very bad at testing, you don't even need to test this to know what would happen. It's even got a DV character bonus at level 9, so it's not possible that this is not intended.

The devs over at CG are an absolute joke (so much for joking aside :D), but there's no way this wasn't known that this would happen.

I don't agree. Based on the evidence from the dev's conduct since game has been released, I would argue its more likely that they did not know this would happen. There are numerous instances of changes being implemented which the community realizes right away will have some "adverse" effect and the only logical inference would either be: (i) they are so incompetent as to not know the anticipated effects of their changes; or (ii) they don't care/are making these changes with the intention of causing "adverse" effects on gameplaying. Just one example would be changing the layout in the "featured shipments" which (very foreseeably) caused numerous players to click on the crystal purchases (rather than the credits purchases) out of muscle memory because they switched the locations. There was no real reason to make that change. Afterwards, they said it was not done intentionally to dupe players out of crystals. So we're left with the explanation that they were not able to foresee that happening, when it was quite obvious to anyone else that it would. I don't think they intended to make a DC that caused infinite TM gain or turns. I just don't think it was tested well/at all or thought out.
  • Options

I don't agree. Based on the evidence from the dev's conduct since game has been released, I would argue its more likely that they did not know this would happen. There are numerous instances of changes being implemented which the community realizes right away will have some "adverse" effect and the only logical inference would either be: (i) they are so incompetent as to not know the anticipated effects of their changes; or (ii) they don't care/are making these changes with the intention of causing "adverse" effects on gameplaying. Just one example would be changing the layout in the "featured shipments" which (very foreseeably) caused numerous players to click on the crystal purchases (rather than the credits purchases) out of muscle memory because they switched the locations. There was no real reason to make that change. Afterwards, they said it was not done intentionally to dupe players out of crystals. So we're left with the explanation that they were not able to foresee that happening, when it was quite obvious to anyone else that it would. I don't think they intended to make a DC that caused infinite TM gain or turns. I just don't think it was tested well/at all or thought out.

You're comparing apples and sweaters. A UI change they made for marketing reasons has nothing to do with gameplay interactions.

If they were going to say something more than they've already said on the subject, they would have done so by now.
  • Options
    I'm just posting again because I just fought the Never-ending Battle against Super Tarkin, who must have been wielding the Infinity Gauntlet due to his mastery of time allowing him to take infinite turns against me until the battle timed out. I guess thats what we get from Disney/Marvel/Star Wars
  • Options
    I'm just posting again because I just fought the Never-ending Battle against Super Tarkin, who must have been wielding the Infinity Gauntlet due to his mastery of time allowing him to take infinite turns against me until the battle timed out. I guess thats what we get from Disney/Marvel/Star Wars

Have you tried not letting Tarkin take a turn?
  • Options

I'm not looking for strategy on how to overcome a game-breaking bug/glitch/un-intended consequence of developers not adequately testing their work prior to release. Its not something that needs to be overcome by players, its a mistake that needs to be corrected by the developers. At least for future release of this DC set, and perhaps thought should be given to future potential bugs caused by "unforeseen" DC interactions before they are released.
  • Options

I'm not looking for strategy on how to overcome a game-breaking bug/glitch/un-intended consequence of developers not adequately testing their work prior to release. Its not something that needs to be overcome by players, its a mistake that needs to be corrected by the developers. At least for future release of this DC set, and perhaps thought should be given to future potential bugs caused by "unforeseen" DC interactions before they are released.

Oh, so you knew what would happen, and then went in with a team you knew wouldn't work, just so you could come here and complain about something that everyone knew would happen?
  • Options

Oh, so you knew what would happen, and then went in with a team you knew wouldn't work, just so you could come here and complain about something that everyone knew would happen?

Yes. I don't understand how you're defending an obvious bug in the game. What's your position here? You don't think it should be fixed? What about the next DC set that does the same thing, so there's two in rotation? and the next and the next?
  • Options

Yes. I don't understand how you're defending an obvious bug in the game. What's your position here? You don't think it should be fixed? What about the next DC set that does the same thing, so there's two in rotation? and the next and the next?

I disagree it's an obvious bug. It does exactly what they told it to do and everyone knew it would do that as soon as they read it. It's why everyone tried to get it. And I don't really care about it at all. I have 1, will try to get another. *shrug*
  • Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    The real mistake, imho, is allowing datacrons to be set on defense. They were always going to make an overpowered dc whether intentionally or due to incompetence doesn’t matter. However, had dcs been offensive only than they wouldn’t be as frustrating and dumb. (Editors note: i d i o i t i c gets censored lol)

Everyone hates losing whether it be a war, gac, or a battle within one of the two. Losing because of a ridiculous dc set on defense in either tw or gac is never fun. Losing because your opponent undersized you more because of overpowered datacrons and winning a banner race, while still frustrating, would probably be less annoying.

Totally agree. I'd prefer no datacrons, but if they have to exist, offense-only would be far less frustrating. Also, it makes sense for CG because engagement = $$ and offense is the only engaging aspect of the game.