How do you beat Light Side 4-L?

Prev13
McDaniels
0 posts Member
edited November 2015
On lightside 4-L the first two enemy groups are 4-5 sandtrooper scouts who throw grenades that do 500-600 damage to each hero in my squad. The grenade toss seems to be a basic attack and not have an ability cooldown? If all 5 sandtroopers use it i typically lose 3-4 of my heroes in the first enemy turn.

My light side squad is:
34 Chewbacca
34 Jedi Counselor
34 Jawa
34 Ahsoka Tano
34 Ewok Scout

I tried getting obi-wan as an ally to ability block but it didnt seem to block the nades, and even if it did it only lasts 2 turns and considering there are two waves of sandtrooper scouts, it wouldn't matter.

Anyone have any suggestions for beating this level? I'm not open to dumping a bunch of money into cards to get a specific hero. I feel like I'm just gonna have to wait til my heroes are 40+ even though its only a level 30 mission.

Also, random unrelated question, how do i add allies with people who's heroes I see when I start a mission? When I first unlocked allies it would prompt me to add people whenever I used their heroes but now it doesn't and I don't know how to get anyone's ally code without knowing them personally?

Replies

• Options
    Hey there!

That's funny because I have just encountered the same problem here and I was going to create a thread with the same question.

The main problem of 4-L level is stormtroopers using mass AOE skills.

I assume that resolution to this problem is using characters with counter-attack skills (Kit Fisto, CT-5555, Aayla Secura) + healers (Luminara+ Jedi consular)

Check this video of a guy making mess of Sidius:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MihEa3raRw8

Any other thoughts?

BTW add me: 926-266-463. Rank 33 atm
    Alen Nugi. Feel free to add me: 926-266-463

• Options
    I got close to beating it using old Ben as a borrowed character. His special keeps the grenades at bay for 2 rounds. As long as he goes first before the troopers you have a chance and hopefully time the win properly to do the same on the second and third round. Have Jedi consular and hopefully Barriss to heal. Beyond that just lots of luck and improve your level and power to make it easier. I'm going to wait a few more levels and upgrades before trying again to not waste energy. I'm level 33 right now.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Options
    This mission is just horrible. My team is 37-38 with blue gear. I ran with Consular and Barriss to heal. If I get unlucky with allies, I just can't keep up with the damage with the grenade spam.
  • Options
    I agree, it was like a nightmare. I finally managed to pass this mission, but only with 2 stars. My team was : Chewbacca, Jedi Counselor, Jedi Knight, Jawa, Hoth Rebel Scout (all 38 lvl) and borrowed Ahsoka Tano (42 lvl).
    Jawa always dies when I try to get 3 stars :(
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I have to agree that this is completely ridiculous. You shouldn't go from being able to 3-star a fight on the first try to having no hope of beating it on the very next one with the same team.

I mean, I was not even remotely close, I didn't even beat the second wave. I tried with both a borrowed Ima-Gun Di and a borrowed Obi-Wan. Everyone got obliterated.

Now I am stuck having done nearly all of level 4 normal and no way to access level 4 hard. :/
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Cenarl
    35 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    i've been here for 2 days myself, this cracks me up because it's just a normal fight, and get obliterated in about 2 turns. I've been farming to get my all guys up to mk4, but my drop rate has been incredibly unlucky or just low and you need 5 of several things - and energy just gets wiped out too fast. It's a fun game but the grinding and p2w are starting to work on my nerves a bit now.
  • Options
    Cenarl wrote: »
    i've been here for 2 days myself, this cracks me up because it's just a normal fight, and get obliterated in about 2 turns. I've been farming to get my all guys up to mk4, but my drop rate has been incredibly unlucky or just low and you need 5 of several things - and energy just gets wiped out too fast. It's a fun game but the grinding and p2w are starting to work on my nerves a bit now.

Agreed! The game is fun and I did choose to leave this battle alone for now and focussing on other things.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm stuck here. Whole team is dead off the bat ****
  • Options
    Same problem here.
  • Options
    Got this finished finally. Trick is to find Ima-Gun as an ally and use two healers and all Jedi. I used Barriss and the Consular. Even if they grenade spammed, my two healers kept up and the counters killed them after one toss.
  • Options
    ima-Gun leaderskill have only 25% counterchance.
    I used him and my Jedis(Consular/Barriss/Ashoka) counters realy rare.
    I got only 1 Star and finish Boba with Barriss+Ima Gun lol.
  • Options
    Also created an account to talk about this, it's obscene. I think potentially an oversight on the developers behalf; they surely shouldn't have access to grenades to throw every single turn?

I'm levelled lower by others standards, at 29 across characters, but I managed against previous levels and this one is just a joke. Hope it gets addressed.
  • Options
    My plan is just to massively overlevel it, can't start the next map until level 43 or something like that anyway
  • Options
    Ivinol wrote: »

Sounds like you had bad counter rolls or I had really good ones. I was getting 2-3 of my Jedi countering each grenade. I used two heals total and 3 starred it with Ima Gun.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Indrick wrote: »
    Ivinol wrote: »

Sounds like you had bad counter rolls or I had really good ones. I was getting 2-3 of my Jedi countering each grenade. I used two heals total and 3 starred it with Ima Gun.

You got really lucky. I just tried this with 2 healers and a borrowed level 39 Ima-Gun Di and didn't even make it out of the first round. Out of 6 or 7 grenades I got a total of maybe 4 counter-attacks from all of my guys combined.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • CUFCfan616
    279 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My squad is all at level 34, 3 3* and 2 2* characters and I'm constantly getting wiped out on the first wave. Make the grenades have a cooldown or reduce the damage. I vote the latter seeing as there's 2 waves of them and they'll still get to all use a grenade straight off the bat. They're also always first to act in the first wave so I don't even get a chance to attack any

The only other thing that annoys me as much is facing a squad of clone stormtroopers using supressive fire and giving themselves basically an extra turn or two with it knocking my turn counter down 30%.
  • Options
    Yay! I've finally won 3 stars! :# Had to reach 40 lvl for that.
  • R0BP0CALYPSE
    28 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hopefully they will nerf this stage to where it needs to be soon, because as of right now, it's a joke.
  • Options
    It's a boss stage of a milestone of the game, it's supposed to be really hard. Work on leveling your characters to at least 40, gear them up, upgrade their basic attacks and special attacks and give it another go. Instead of wasting energy on trying to beat the match, use that energy to improve your power. If it takes several days for that to happen, then it's all the more satisfying when you finally beat it.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Options
    beat it this morning, luckily they didn`t toss too many grenades to me~ failed a lot before. that grenade need add cooldown
  • Options
    Muscari wrote: »
    Yay! I've finally won 3 stars! :# Had to reach 40 lvl for that.
    Yes 3 Stars now with lvl40.
    All chars lvl.40
    Barriss healingskills+leaderskill at lvl.4
    gearlevel 4-5
    replaced yawa with Fives(got him today from bronze pack^^)
    Used 39er Ima-Gun and got 1-2 counter each granade
  • Options
    I also just beat the 4L at level 40. That appears to be the hump.
  • Options
    I have found that Old Ben works great with this group as well. His ability blocker stops the grenades. I ran him, with barriss/consular and I 3 starred it. It worked great as it stopped the abilities long enough for me to kill a few of them and that mitigated the amount of damage coming in.
  • Options
    I'm having trouble here too.. Seems too hard for the level. Team full of counter attackers and healers seem to be the advice I'm getting. Sad part is I don't have any counter strikers and no money to invest in buying a team to make it. Keep grinding those free bronze packs and pray I get a real champion to help me.
  • Options
    Just grind shards and gear for a while, as mentioned earlier you need to be level 43 to unlock the next map anyway. Most people seem to be able to do it around 40. That's when I finally nailed it, and 3 stars at that.
  • Options
    Chalk me up as another person who made an account here just to ask/complain about this level. I guess it's just sort of a gear/level check to be sure you're leveled up enough, but it's extremely jarring to go from 3-starring every level to suddenly getting wiped out in the first stage. It seems like extremely poor planning on the developers part to have such a massive jump in difficulty. It should be more gradual. If you can't unlock the next stage until level 43, why can you even GET to this level with a team of level 29 characters? That just ensures that after having a really fun time playing this game up to a point, you suddenly have to spend a week doing nothing but farming gear and leveling up. That gets really boring, really fast. I'd like to see more consistency, personally.
  • Options
    By the way, I guess I should post what team I used to make it to the second round before dying:

1) lvl 37 blue 3-star Clone Wars Chewbacca
    2) lvl 37 blue 3-star Jawa
    3) lvl 37 blue 2-star Jedi Consular
    4) lvl 37 blue 2-star Resistance Trooper
    5) lvl 37 green+1 1-star Clone Sergeant
    6) Borrowed lvl 37 4-star Ima Gun Di
  • Options
    I would recommend being at least lvl 35+ and having a gear lvl of IV or V. That, with the counter attacks from a (owned/borrowed) Ima Gun Di, was able to get me the win (3 stars). But man... just a pain in the **** of a fight.
  • Options
    Beat it with 1 star using Barriss, ahsoka, ewok scout, consular, level 38, and a burrowed old Ben.
  • Options
    Screw this level. If it's some kind of milestone level, don't show the enemies as level 30. Non-stop AE attacks for 500-600 each is impossible for a level appropriate group.