Thank you CG for the freeze issue compensation!

2Next

Replies

• Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    StewartH wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    When I just saw the announcement I also wanted to create a thank you post, but you were already faster @CrispyFett 😉

I am glad CG decided to do this, and it's not even because I get something. The reason why I am glad is because of what stands behind it. It shows that eventhough things don't always go smoothly, the players are important to CG. In my eyes, that is worth a lot. So here is my big THANK YOU! 🏵 (big, not shouting 😉)

Well said. The additional level of compensation for giving information to help solve the issue also says "thanks for being part of the solution even if you're not part of the problem." Hard to find fault with that imo.
    Easy if you’re a serial forum whiner!

I can never tell which is worse: the serial forum whiners, or the serial forum defenders that feel obligated to defend CG and chastise people for sharing opinions contrary to their own.

Both groups are part of the problem. No one’s opinion is better than anyone else’s. People are allowed to come here to vent without being attacked by CG sycophants.

Always remember: arguing on the internet is about as effective as yelling at the ocean. If you want to be a real change agent, find common ground and discuss a solution, don’t just argue over a problem.

You are conflating addressing toxic behavior with “defending CG.”. Are you entitled to have a negative opinion of CG? Absolutely. But that doesn’t come with a license to be rude, toxic, or break the forum guidelines.
    As to your point about venting - that indicates the post is for the user, and not to address any particular problem. If venting is necessary, there are appropriate ways to do that. Get a diary, start a blog, etc. Generalizing a specific complaint into a complaint about CG doesn’t support any argument, nor does it accomplish anything constructive. Especially when it hijacks a thread.
    I’m not going to try to speak for everyone on this next bit, but I personally don’t care what anyone’s opinion is of CG. It distracts from the conversation, it has no relevance to a topic, and it destroys your credibility. If my neighbor was constantly complaining about his car, there’s absolutely no way I would listen to his advice about my car.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    Also, it’s worth adding that I’m incredibly grateful for the compensation due to this error. Everyone should be. But I understand the frustration of people who may have lost more than they were reimbursed.

We should all have a little more empathy and love for our fellow human beings and be less quick to judge.
  • Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    When I just saw the announcement I also wanted to create a thank you post, but you were already faster @CrispyFett 😉

I am glad CG decided to do this, and it's not even because I get something. The reason why I am glad is because of what stands behind it. It shows that eventhough things don't always go smoothly, the players are important to CG. In my eyes, that is worth a lot. So here is my big THANK YOU! 🏵 (big, not shouting 😉)

Well said. The additional level of compensation for giving information to help solve the issue also says "thanks for being part of the solution even if you're not part of the problem." Hard to find fault with that imo.

I can never tell which is worse: the serial forum whiners, or the serial forum defenders that feel obligated to defend CG and chastise people for sharing opinions contrary to their own.

Both groups are part of the problem. No one’s opinion is better than anyone else’s. People are allowed to come here to vent without being attacked by CG sycophants.

Always remember: arguing on the internet is about as effective as yelling at the ocean. If you want to be a real change agent, find common ground and discuss a solution, don’t just argue over a problem.

You are conflating addressing toxic behavior with “defending CG.”. Are you entitled to have a negative opinion of CG? Absolutely. But that doesn’t come with a license to be rude, toxic, or break the forum guidelines.
    As to your point about venting - that indicates the post is for the user, and not to address any particular problem. If venting is necessary, there are appropriate ways to do that. Get a diary, start a blog, etc. Generalizing a specific complaint into a complaint about CG doesn’t support any argument, nor does it accomplish anything constructive. Especially when it hijacks a thread.
    I’m not going to try to speak for everyone on this next bit, but I personally don’t care what anyone’s opinion is of CG. It distracts from the conversation, it has no relevance to a topic, and it destroys your credibility. If my neighbor was constantly complaining about his car, there’s absolutely no way I would listen to his advice about my car.

So maybe leave handling the toxic behavior to those whose responsibility it is? Ultra does a great job handling that nonsense. There’s no need for an army of sycophants to start bashing people for expressing opinions contrary to their own. Why do you think your opinion is more important than someone else’s? We are all the same here.
  • Options

So maybe leave handling the toxic behavior to those whose responsibility it is? Ultra does a great job handling that nonsense. There’s no need for an army of sycophants to start bashing people for expressing opinions contrary to their own. Why do you think your opinion is more important than someone else’s? We are all the same here.

One last try:
    It’s not the opinion, but the manner in which it is expressed or the logic used in reaching the conclusion.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options

One last try:
    It’s not the opinion, but the manner in which it is expressed or the logic used in reaching the conclusion.

I understand, despite the passive-aggressive “one last try” comment as if I’m an ****. Some may view being passive-aggressive as toxic. As toxic as some of the other comments? No. But if they violate the TOS, leave that to the professionals to handle.

Being passive aggressive (or just flat aggressive, in many cases) and ganging up on others for what you perceive to be toxic only exacerbates the problem. You are not Team America: Forum Police.
  • Options
    Anybody know when the make good will go out?
  • LordI
    70 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    LordI wrote: »
    WoW, compensation of 1000 crystals to those people like me that sent a ticket to ea support...
    The bug made me losing at least x3/x4
    For sure something goes wrong and they dont have noted all tickets sent

How did you lose 3 to 4k crystals ?

3 matches losts due to losing teams.
    So 3 winnings + having the option of getting a better rank
    avihas wrote: »
    Of you lost 3000-4000 crystals (even if it's lost earnings), maybe there's another reason for that besides the freeze bug...

if you lose 1/2 legends in 4 rounds you maybe lose the option of cleaning the map.
    In kyber 1 play with 4 legend instead of 6 is an obvious lost

I would like to see you playing against 10'5-11M GP with 9-9'5 and having bugs there to annoy you
    This game sucks
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    WoW, compensation of 1000 crystals to those people like me that sent a ticket to ea support...
    The bug made me losing at least x3/x4
    For sure something goes wrong and they dont have noted all tickets sent

How did you lose 3 to 4k crystals ?

3 matches losts due to losing teams.
    So 3 winnings + having the option of getting a better rank
    In current gac when you tend to a 50% winrate except if you’re at the very top of the spear, it doesn’t really matter. Only the ‘better rank’ part would apply, because if you went down a division you will probably lose a few hundreds crystals until you’d climb up to your usual division.
    However, it doesn’t mean i find the compensation useless. Your 3 losses, even if it won’t affect your crystal income very much, are still unpleasant and frustrating.
  • CrispyFett
    977 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    This thread kind of went off the rails. I created it to say Thank You. If you want to complain, go start your own thread, there's plenty of them. Also as far as TOS goes, you may want to watch the swearing, even if it's starred. I got warned for that the other day
    Post edited by CrispyFett on
  • E3P0
    110 posts Member
    Options
    I can't quite remember how it compares to some of the make-goods in years past. But even if it's less, that's not really relevant I guess. Since it seems we're in a new era of how CG tends to view that sort of thing. Frankly I'm (pleasantly) surprised we got something at all, so I'm not going to go looking a gift horse in the mouth. I think it just indicates how badly pervasive this problem was.

I'm kind of bummed that I never sent in any support tickets (I gave up on that whole process long ago as generally fruitless and more trouble than it's worth), and didn't do the survey (by the time it came out, my own crashes had petered out and I didn't have a specific incident come up I was able to report). But I'm not gonna whine about it.
  • Options
    Any idea on when the freezing comp is being sent out? The post this week said this week. Are we sure this is separate from the anniversary gift CG was already planning? That is coming up soon as well, and the rewards are very similar.
  • Options
    Sha1218 wrote: »
    Any idea on when the freezing comp is being sent out? The post this week said this week. Are we sure this is separate from the anniversary gift CG was already planning? That is coming up soon as well, and the rewards are very similar.
    Where did they announce the anniversary rewards?
  • Options
    Sha1218 wrote: »

I would guess in the next or one of the next update/s.
    We are all made of star-stuff