Replies

• TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    People saying or not saying something doesn't matter to CG. None of this talk matters.

It doesn't? Makes one wonder why datacrons didn't stay exactly as they are released then.

This talk isn't about DCs. Most talk here is pointless. Ask anyone.

71hpm999qyey.gif

Same
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lumiya
    1487 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    People saying or not saying something doesn't matter to CG. None of this talk matters.

It doesn't? Makes one wonder why datacrons didn't stay exactly as they are released then.

This talk isn't about DCs. Most talk here is pointless. Ask anyone.

71hpm999qyey.gif

Same

Hahah well you were the one who wrote "Ask anyone." If you don't like the answer of someone you don't have to turn your problem into mine 😉
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Or we still in the Exhibition era of DCs? If not, when did it end?
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    Or we still in the Exhibition era of DCs? If not, when did it end?

It ended with the 2nd set I think.
  • Options
    I faced someone in Kyber 1 that didn't attack all three times. I won a match 12-0 because I did one attack and didn't care. So along with K1 decreasing, some players are still not caring nearly as much.

If they were actually making changes based on player feedback, they wouldn't have brought "dodge" in as a meta, nor Health Steal back. Granted, health steal isn't 800% anymore, but even at 100% your character is still going to be a healing machine as an attacker.

And who's to say what changes they made to datacrons anyway? They didn't show us actual datacrons showing what they were before "changes." They pulled three bogus or softball questions from players, allegedly, and answered them. I still feel like they made the first 10ish sets of DCs and haven't changed a thing.
  • oXXo
    17 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    This has really become an interesting discussion. But maybe besides all the "technical" criteria I would like to come back to the core concerning the player.
    As I wrote at the beginning, I was downgraded once over 100 points and then 84. I've been playing in K1 since the beginning after the changeover and have never dropped out.
    What is now for me the core why the squish so annoying.
    Like all the other players, I have a RL.
    I had made a special effort to win in the round before and invest a lot of time because I went on vacation with my wife and thus wanted to invest less time in the upcoming GAC round.
    Which always leads to more lost rounds.
    Without the squish, I could have taken 4 rounds easy or even lost without falling out of Kyber 1.
    But because of the squish I had to try again to perform as well as possible.
    The time needed for the game has grown so much that more and more players quit good and motivated players.
    GAC, GEOLS still running and Conquest is starting. Plus the raids etc.
    I can only say please CG find an alternative to the squish the pressure is already too high.
    We are finally people who want to have fun with this game.
    So it frustrates me when I after a well-played round indirectly 2-3 wins will cut out from a shrinking.
  • Options
    oXXo wrote: »
    This has really become an interesting discussion. But maybe besides all the "technical" criteria I would like to come back to the core concerning the player.
    As I wrote at the beginning, I was downgraded once over 100 points and then 84. I've been playing in K1 since the beginning after the changeover and have never dropped out.
    What is now for me the core why the squish so annoying.
    Like all the other players, I have a RL.
    I had made a special effort to win in the round before and invest a lot of time because I went on vacation with my wife and thus wanted to invest less time in the upcoming GAC round.
    Which always leads to more lost rounds.
    Without the squish, I could have taken 4 rounds easy or even lost without falling out of Kyber 1.
    But because of the squish I had to try again to perform as well as possible.
    The time needed for the game has grown so much that more and more players quit good and motivated players.
    GAC, GEOLS still running and Conquest is starting. Plus the raids etc.
    I can only say please CG find an alternative to the squish the pressure is already too high.
    We are finally people who want to have fun with this game.
    So it frustrates me when I after a well-played round indirectly 2-3 wins will cut out from a shrinking.

So, I'll agree with you that the amount of time spent in game is much higher than it used to be and at times can be a bit much - at other times I still find myself saying, "wow, not much to do in-game today..." but those are days that I use for fiddling with my mods or figuring out what gear I need for my next goal.

As for the squish, and dropping when you're not as active - that's just the nature of any competitive endeavor. To stay competitive you have to keep pushing - all the time. I'm sure that contributes to burn-out for some players who pressure themselves to stay at the top all the time - but I don't see that changing. That's what GAC is about.

My solution has been to care less about GAC - and that's been my solution since datacrons hit the scene. Sure, my crystal income suffers a bit but in my opinion, it's a fair trade for not stressing about a video game. If I want more crystals that bad, I'll buy them and/or try harder in fleet arena. Barring those two things, the game is still perfectly playable on 20-40 less crystals per day and I find that I enjoy it more when I'm not stressing out about my GAC placement.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • striker_Jakkuzas
    128 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    So, I'll agree with you that the amount of time spent in game is much higher than it used to be and at times can be a bit much - at other times I still find myself saying, "wow, not much to do in-game today..." but those are days that I use for fiddling with my mods or figuring out what gear I need for my next goal.

As for the squish, and dropping when you're not as active - that's just the nature of any competitive endeavor. To stay competitive you have to keep pushing - all the time. I'm sure that contributes to burn-out for some players who pressure themselves to stay at the top all the time - but I don't see that changing. That's what GAC is about.

My solution has been to care less about GAC - and that's been my solution since datacrons hit the scene. Sure, my crystal income suffers a bit but in my opinion, it's a fair trade for not stressing about a video game. If I want more crystals that bad, I'll buy them and/or try harder in fleet arena. Barring those two things, the game is still perfectly playable on 20-40 less crystals per day and I find that I enjoy it more when I'm not stressing out about my GAC placement.

Sometime you feel like there is too much to do. Conquest starts during light side TB. Light side TB is much more time consuming. Today there is a dark side TB, that is a straight auto for me. We are between GAC rounds, and there is no TW or Conquest. So you go between two extremes.

I still want a sandbox mode for the downtime. They added datacrons to arena so we could test them there, but that does not give you the ability to test omnicrons. I want to see how phasma with the TW omnicron and datacron works. Too bad, no place to test it. I want to test Starkiller with this omnicron outside of GAC. I want to test out Ben Solo. No place to do it.

So we are either very busy, or slow with no way to test out what interests us in the game. So the game goes from 420k active user to 300k and kyber 1 gets shrunk down, just to highlight CG's failures to the player base. Thank you CG for the reminder that this game is slowly dying.