Forget the new TB

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Khodan29 wrote: »
    Jimster1 wrote: »
    I wonder if it's possible to take this new event and create three separate tiers for it. Thee way it is now can be the top tier. But have a normal which is much more reasonable. Maybe make rewards less. Then have an easier mode for lower guilds this way everyone can play it and everyone's needs are met. You want a challenge well select tier 3. You want to play and have fun well select tier 1, at the cost of lesser rewards of course.

By doing something like this we all get to enjoy it. I think the idea of three paths is great but disappointed I can't play it. Allow me to play it at a lesser difficulty for lesser rewards and I'm happy, sure I'd still be disappointed but at least then I can't really complain, because you at least thought of other players. It's like conquest. I wasn't able to play it on the difficulty when it just had 1. But now I can play normal and get the t5 crate. It still a challenge but I enjoy it,( granted I hate the sith team because I struggle WAY too much with them) but at least I am growing and having Fun. Which at the end of the day is the reason I am playing this game to have fun and pass the time. This would be a more Equitable approach to the game, plus I am sure people who are close to a goal would be more likely to spend money to overcome the hurdle in front of them.

They should do it like Conquest - Have an Easy, Normal and Hard mode, with appropriate rewards for each. Guilds can start on Easy and then work their way up. This allows all guilds to participate at whatever level they are at, and as more toons get relicked they can move to the harder content. The way it is now, they are excluding something like 90% of the player base. So, let's just call it Whale Battles, and the majority of us will go in, deploy to Platoons, and be done. All the work that CG put into this, and most of us will get 1 minutes worth of "enjoyment". Why they are excluding "lesser" accounts is beyond me. Very disappointing.

You won't be able to do the platoons.
  • Options
    Khodan29 wrote: »

They should do it like Conquest - Have an Easy, Normal and Hard mode, with appropriate rewards for each. Guilds can start on Easy and then work their way up. This allows all guilds to participate at whatever level they are at, and as more toons get relicked they can move to the harder content. The way it is now, they are excluding something like 90% of the player base. So, let's just call it Whale Battles, and the majority of us will go in, deploy to Platoons, and be done. All the work that CG put into this, and most of us will get 1 minutes worth of "enjoyment". Why they are excluding "lesser" accounts is beyond me. Very disappointing.

Easy is Hoth and Normal is Geonosis.

It doesn't mean I like that every CB is relic gated, because I don't.
  • Options
    Okay, come on, folks.

I started this thread and I feel there are legitimate complaints to be made, but I'm not arguing for the actual battles to be easier to win.

The idea that there should be "easy, normal, and hard" modes is silly when we have Hoth and Geonosis TBs.

The next-level TB doesn't need to be easy. It just needs to be accessible.

Please remember that the mode opens to guilds at 200Mgp. If it opened at 500Mgp, I might not even have a problem with the requirements that currently seem obscene.

My guild was more than 440Mgp the last I checked and I doubt we have 4 players who could attempt 2 missions in day 4. That's more than double the entrance GP requirement, and 50% of the TB is simply forbidden to 90% of the players.

We don't need easy. We just need access. I don't care if I get slaughtered. I care if I don't get to play the game. Not wanting to get slaughtered will be enough of a motivation. I don't need a hard gate.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

I confess I was optimistic and looking forward to the new TB. But now having seen the details, this will likely fade into the background as something that's not even worth attempting for at least another year, and possibly longer.

I don't mind steep requirements that might need months of preparation - most of us have been acclimated to that through GL farms. This isn't months of preparation for my guild, this is years of preparation - and many of us are first-year players. At roughly 350m GP we might be able to field some teams in P1, but after that we'd be wrecked.

There are ways that this could have been done that would satisfy both the tip of the spear and the folks in the middle (you know... the folks getting about 20 stars in LS Geo) but I feel like they didn't even make an attempt at that. Difficulty should drive progression. Arbitrary gear gates are the least imaginative way to accomplish this. It feels lazy and contrived. I'm not impressed. The content itself may be amazing but it will be a long time before I'll get to find out. That just stinks.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    It’s fun how they refuse to make it easier to get to relics but then everything they release requires higher and higher relics.

Did you not read the road ahead?!?!?!?
    Bringing a Marquee Character up to viability, in a game where strong squads are often Relic 5+, is a longer road than when we first introduced Marquees many years ago. These changes will help shorten that journey and get characters up to snuff so you can feel confident in using them in a variety of modes sooner.

The changes will speed up getting units to relic level....
    insert rolling eyes here 🙄

I did read the road ahead. Basically, 7 years into the game, they made economy changes to most sub-g12 gear. But they have intentionally left kyrotechs and g12 gear alone. By choosing to maintain the kyrotech choke point, they only made it easier to get old units to g12 and newer ones to g8 or g9.

This does squat for the g12 characters I have waiting on kyros and g12 gear. Or for the reliced ones I have waiting on relic materials. I fail to see how this somehow makes relicing characters easier.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the rolling eyes agree with you
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Jimster1 wrote: »
    I wonder if it's possible to take this new event and create three separate tiers for it. Thee way it is now can be the top tier. But have a normal which is much more reasonable. Maybe make rewards less. Then have an easier mode for lower guilds this way everyone can play it and everyone's needs are met. You want a challenge well select tier 3. You want to play and have fun well select tier 1, at the cost of lesser rewards of course.

By doing something like this we all get to enjoy it. I think the idea of three paths is great but disappointed I can't play it. Allow me to play it at a lesser difficulty for lesser rewards and I'm happy, sure I'd still be disappointed but at least then I can't really complain, because you at least thought of other players. It's like conquest. I wasn't able to play it on the difficulty when it just had 1. But now I can play normal and get the t5 crate. It still a challenge but I enjoy it,( granted I hate the sith team because I struggle WAY too much with them) but at least I am growing and having Fun. Which at the end of the day is the reason I am playing this game to have fun and pass the time. This would be a more Equitable approach to the game, plus I am sure people who are close to a goal would be more likely to spend money to overcome the hurdle in front of them.

They could call the first tier Hoth and the second tier Geonosis. Wait...

This is the third difficulty tier of TB. Lesser difficulty, lesser rewards. Yes. That's already there. Selecting the different tiers is already there. Why would they throw out the stuff that's already there? New players would miss out on all that content.

The problem with that is that the new one is different. It has different planets not just one. If it was say Jakku then fine. But the fact is its a different format. That's why I want to play the new format. The newer one reminds me of conquest modes in other games. Playing hoth or geo is fine but I'd like to play on other planets too in my territory battle.

The mere fact they changed it so ots not the same in terms of all on one planet is what I find interesting. I think having a game mode like that would make it feel more like star wars. Let me be the rebellion and fight over yavin, on tatooine on the forest moon of endor. Yes I can do that in regular battles but give me and my guild a story. In hoth I feel like we are the rebellion and each star is one more transport that escapes. Likewise as the empire each star is a transport destroyed and advancing to the shield generator. Plus this new battle has new bonuses for different characters hoth is great if you have rebel or imperial teams. Likewise geos are great for the same reason. Now we get a neutral focused zone, inquistors rebel spies how interesting the story is. How disappointing not everyone can experience the story.

In geos I feel like each star is a Separatist ship leaving or the clones destroying a ship and pushing the droids back into full retreat.

I can do the same with the new format but on a much larger scale. My guild currently alternates the battles.