New TB info: MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR Complaints

Replies

• Options
    @MasterSeedy if by "doing the work" you mean simming battles and participating in events to get resources to buy gear to get characters to a required relic level so I can unlock these characters then I've been doing all that for years. I put in the most time out everyone in my guild at TW, in sith raid I spend nearly an hour sometimes raiding just to secure top 3 and guarantee the best rewards possible. It's still gonna take me around 8 months just to get 1 GL up and running not counting my progress before I took a break from the game, in terms of shards and getting some FO units to g12. So it could have been a lot longer than 8 months. For one single GL who's also in terms of resources the easiest GL in the game along with SEE. All other GLs take significantly more resources and time.

Your whole entire suggestion of making a new account for GC every few months is so ridiculous I shouldn't even bother addressing it man. You can do better bro, if you don't see the difference in GA with multiple GLs vs barely having 5 gear 10 squads to play with the idk what to tell you. The fact that you seriously took the time to type and suggest something so absurd is not even funny.

I wanna experience GAC the way players like Ahnalt do not my buddy at work who sets 3 teams on defense and 1 fleet at 2.5 million GP and he's been playing for over a year. The game has NO catch up mechanisms adequate for how much gear and content there is and that's a huge problem. I'm doing as much work as you do, every GAC, sith raid, tw, TB, tw I put 110% in to get as much as I can out of it, but the progression rate is just too slow and you know it homie
  • Options
    I wanna experience GAC the way players like Ahnalt do

Ahnald spends money. If you want Ahnald's experience, then spend money and you'll know what it's like to be Ahnald.

But that's not what you said before. Before you said you like outsmarting PvP opponents. You're not going to get more intelligent when you get a GL. If what you like is outsmarting people, you can do that at g10. If what you like is being Ahnald, well, what can I tell you: you ain't Ahnald.
  • Options
    @Tellithowitis if you want to experience GAC with multiple GLs then you have two choices:
    1. Go back in time and don’t take a break from the game
    2. Spend lots of money on the game

It’s your choice, but expecting to be able to unlock 4/5 GLs within 12-18 months is just unrealistic and is actually pretty disrespectful to those who have put in the graft over 5+ years in many cases to get that far. Im not defending those players because I am one, (I’m only 5m, 2GLs and Exe and 2.5 years of play) but because being part way to their achievement makes me see what they’ve put in. Also, your use of hyperbole over length of time to get even one GL is laughable. With the gear economy changes it shouldn’t take more than 6 months to get SLKR or SEE from a lower baseline than you claim to have if you plan properly and use crystals for refreshes appropriately.
  • Options
    I wanna experience GAC the way players like Ahnalt do

Ahnald spends money. If you want Ahnald's experience, then spend money and you'll know what it's like to be Ahnald.

But that's not what you said before. Before you said you like outsmarting PvP opponents. You're not going to get more intelligent when you get a GL. If what you like is outsmarting people, you can do that at g10. If what you like is being Ahnald, well, what can I tell you: you ain't Ahnald.

Outsmarting opponents with multiple GLs in both rosters is not the same as using starter squad with no intricacies or nuances, no mod depth in your account, etc etc.

The whole point of my argument if you remember is that for the first few years of the game's life, pay to play players were 6-8 months ahead and the f2p could catch up. You're right Ahnalt pays a lot of money and he gets access to the latest stuff, this doesn't mean he should have perpetual access to stuff, after a few months the rest of the community should be able to catch up. The whole premise of the game is that you pay for a few months of advantage before the rest of community get access to the same stuff.

Now it's basically gotten to the point where the rest of the community is years behind and the longer this goes the gap is only going to be bigger and bigger.
  • Options
    @nomad1988 homie all games have catch up mechanics for a reason, it's to attract new players. The ability of a new player to get multiple GLs within a couple years period doesn't affect everyone else negatively. I'll never have the roster depth of a player who's never taken a break from the game and I am cool with that, my mods will always be lacking, that's fine. But since the only area of the game where we even have a chance to meet is GAC, and your superior modded, higher depth account will always have an advantage, what is the concern of yours? Why is my ability to have fun and enjoy the game supposedly a slap in the face to you?

You got access to these characters a lot earlier, you got use them time and time again in various events, raids, PVP matches etc and you'll keep being able to use them. Why is it in your interest to gate keep me for years and years from being able to do the same just because I took a break from the grind and you didn't? How does that benefit you? We're not competing for finite resources, it's digital stuff, pixels on a screen. I think it's somewhat narcissistic to want other people to have to work just as hard as you did for something you earned on a video game years ago and got all the enjoyment out of by now and you're moving to new things.
  • Options
    @Tellithowitis - you need to read before you rant ‘homie’. I’ve only been playing for 2.5years, haven’t spent a penny and haven’t had my GLs for ‘years and years’. I got SEE late last year and JMK about two months ago. This is my .gg for reference https://swgoh.gg/p/117269921/ . This isn’t about gating people for ‘years and years’ behind impossible grinds, it’s about choosing what you can achieve. There’s lots of legendaries I haven’t even started thinking about for that reason.

You need to take a serious reality check though, and understand that CG are a business. Their game needs to make them money. They achieve this by having players spend money to speed up the grind. If you don’t want to pay you don’t have to, but if you want to ‘catch up’ there is a mechanic. It’s pounds sterling, euros or dollars. Pick your currency.
  • Options
    nomad1988 wrote: »
    @Tellithowitis - you need to read before you rant ‘homie’. I’ve only been playing for 2.5years, haven’t spent a penny and haven’t had my GLs for ‘years and years’. I got SEE late last year and JMK about two months ago. This is my .gg for reference https://swgoh.gg/p/117269921/ . This isn’t about gating people for ‘years and years’ behind impossible grinds, it’s about choosing what you can achieve. There’s lots of legendaries I haven’t even started thinking about for that reason.

You need to take a serious reality check though, and understand that CG are a business. Their game needs to make them money. They achieve this by having players spend money to speed up the grind. If you don’t want to pay you don’t have to, but if you want to ‘catch up’ there is a mechanic. It’s pounds sterling, euros or dollars. Pick your currency.

I read very well and I was just referring to those people you said it would be disrespectful and a slap in the face from a general standpoint.

CG is a business but that has nothing to do with how catch up mechanisms work. Before relics CG could not make money off of relics. Before datacrons CG could not make money off datacrons, before g12 finishers CG could not make money on gear 12 finishers. Before kyrotech CG could not make money on kyrotech. CG made money on shard, mods, purple gear etc.

My point is, as more and more gear was added to be game, relics 1-7, then 8-9, then datacrons etc. CG has expanded their money making avenues by a significant amount, normally the new avenues would replace the old, that's how most games work, but instead what we saw is that CG is monetizing on all levels. It doesn't matter we got kyro, carbantis were always a choke point. It doesn't matter we have relic 6-9, gear 12 finishers are still a choke point. Despite having more ways to monetize the game now, they old ways still persist and most games simply don't do that.

We can all agree that gear 12 characters are useless. Gear 12 is to high relic teams the equivalent of what gear 8 was to gear 12+, yet it used to be very easy to get to get past 8 than it is to get past 12. With everything requiring relic 3 minimum it should be a lot easier to get to gear 13 than it is and even if most players could easily get to gear 13 CG would still have multiple avenues for revenue.

If more and more people could access relics then the need for datacrons would increase, the need to buy higher relic levels mats and signal data would increase, the need to get back to mod farming and optimizing would increase. And let's not forget there are a LOT of characters in the Star wars universe who aren't in the game right now and CG can add, lots of marquee events they can make a ton of money from. And as more and more shows are being released by Disney that number will only grow.

Being so hellbent on making GLs so hard to access years later and making it so hard to get to gear 13 is so pointless.
  • Options
    Let's not indulge the trolling(as self-admitted) of the topic as this is not a resources topic. Clearly the problem here isn't about this tb.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Let's not indulge the trolling(as self-admitted) of the topic as this is not a resources topic. Clearly the problem here isn't about this tb.

This TB is only highlighting the gear gap. It's also highlighting that most players only care about themselves. Everyone was livid when the news came out and they thought that THEY wouldn't be able to participate or do alright at the new TB, when they realized they could do alright they all calmed down, took a deep breath and now they are acting normal. Except you know who's not going to participate in the TB for a while, newer and returning players who don't have the roster for it. I really wish this TB was actually as hard as y'all thought it was going to be after the initial info because maybe then you'd be on the same train as many of us. Funny how the world works, most people only care about problems when they affect them. This TB is another resource income for end game players to grow the gap between them and everyone else even more and I guess as long as you make the cut, you are fine with that. Kinda selfish and narcissistic attitude if you ask me. Instead of trying to lift the community as a whole, y'all just wanna cover your butts, like the leach that feeds off the ecosystem instead of caring about the ecosystem as a whole
  • Options
    This tb is end game content for end game players, sure.
  • nomad1988
    92 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @MaruMaru
    quite. As for TB, I know a lot of the fuss at the moment is about having full r8/9 squads for the CMs. Surely with the limited points on offer for CMs it’s a better strategy right now for guilds to focus on splitting up asking members for the odd toon to relic for platoon. That way we can wait a few months before we see some more TB omicrons or toon releases which are aimed at RotE mission success. Does anyone know if the top guilds bothered much with beyond p4?
  • Options
    @MaruMaru
    quite. As for TB, I know a lot of the fuss at the moment is about having full r8/9 squads for the CMs. Surely with the limited points on offer for CMs it’s a better strategy right now for guilds to focus on splitting up asking members for the odd toon to relic for platoon. That way we can wait a few months before we see some more TB omicrons or toon releases which are aimed at RotE mission success. Does anyone know if the top guilds bothered much with beyond p4?

Is it more profitable to high relic platoon toons then working on phase teams like wookies and aphra to be able to play those? I'm about done with inqs (after the event)
  • Options

And guess what dude, everyone needs some help getting to the end game. And also guess what else: THE GAME ISN'T ENDING ANY TIME SOON. Funny how y'all wanna talk about end game this and end game that, when you know the game has a long way to go. I promise you this won't be the last TB or the last content we get for this game and if it was nobody would care to spend money on it or play it. If CG said that they are turning off the lights in 2 years time and whoever got in got in and it was basically decided that that game is done, y'all would probably just quit.

So technically this isn't "end game" content, it's just content for the highest power accounts for now and the near future. Two, three years from now these players will end up with hundred of thousands of stock piled get 3 waiting for CG to drop the newest content whole the rest of us are still struggling to get to 30 stars and we'll be having the same conversation again
  • nomad1988
    92 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @MaruMaru

Is it more profitable to high relic platoon toons then working on phase teams like wookies and aphra to be able to play those? I'm about done with inqs (after the event)

I know that in the first few phases one section of platoons was worth about the same as 40-50 people completing a CM at 2/2. For 15 r5 toons in one platoon you get the same points as approx 200 r5 toons being used in CMs. Possibly focusing on toons that can open up the special missions for extra GET3 is a good bet too.
  • Options
    It's also highlighting that most players only care about themselves.

Don't assume that everyone else is like you. I've put in the work to show that I'm not all about myself. You don't have to care about that. I didn't do it to get a pat on the back from Tellithowitis, but let's not pretend that you know anything about my personal motivations, TYVM.
  • Options
    I wanna experience the game having 4-5 GLs instead of 0, so I can enjoy the GAC like some of the YouTubers I watch but even to get to 4-5 GLs I'm probably 3 years out...
    Your frustration is understandable, but the chances that the game changes so much that those 3 years are not required are pretty slim.

As you pointed out, the game is designed this way: you improve your roster, engage in harder events and get more stuff to improve your roster. That's very, very unlikely to change.

Now, saying that the game has no free catch up mechanism isn't true. There are, but not enough for your taste. Fair enough.

You might consider a different game or a different approach, considering there is a good chance what you wish for will never happened.
  • Options

I read very well and I was just referring to those people you said it would be disrespectful and a slap in the face from a general standpoint.

CG is a business but that has nothing to do with how catch up mechanisms work. Before relics CG could not make money off of relics. Before datacrons CG could not make money off datacrons, before g12 finishers CG could not make money on gear 12 finishers. Before kyrotech CG could not make money on kyrotech. CG made money on shard, mods, purple gear etc.

My point is, as more and more gear was added to be game, relics 1-7, then 8-9, then datacrons etc. CG has expanded their money making avenues by a significant amount, normally the new avenues would replace the old, that's how most games work, but instead what we saw is that CG is monetizing on all levels. It doesn't matter we got kyro, carbantis were always a choke point. It doesn't matter we have relic 6-9, gear 12 finishers are still a choke point. Despite having more ways to monetize the game now, they old ways still persist and most games simply don't do that.

We can all agree that gear 12 characters are useless. Gear 12 is to high relic teams the equivalent of what gear 8 was to gear 12+, yet it used to be very easy to get to get past 8 than it is to get past 12. With everything requiring relic 3 minimum it should be a lot easier to get to gear 13 than it is and even if most players could easily get to gear 13 CG would still have multiple avenues for revenue.

If more and more people could access relics then the need for datacrons would increase, the need to buy higher relic levels mats and signal data would increase, the need to get back to mod farming and optimizing would increase. And let's not forget there are a LOT of characters in the Star wars universe who aren't in the game right now and CG can add, lots of marquee events they can make a ton of money from. And as more and more shows are being released by Disney that number will only grow.

Being so hellbent on making GLs so hard to access years later and making it so hard to get to gear 13 is so pointless.

They ARE adding catch up mechanics. They've BEEN adding catch up mechanics. In the future, they'll add more catch up mechanics. The fact that the catch up mechanics aren't fast enough for you doesn't mean that they don't exist. It's WAY faster now than it used to be. If you want a roster like Ahnaldt, spend money like Ahnaldt - that's a catch up mechanic that has been in the game since day 1 and as you can see from his streams, it's pretty effective and orders of magnitude faster than even the very fastest f2p players. Spend or farm and be patient like the rest of us that can't spend that kind of money on the game. Those are literally your only two options outside of quitting.

The game is slow. The game has always been slow. It's intentionally slow. For a lot of players a good portion of the fun in this game is developing a plan for their own roster growth and executing it - then watching over time as their roster grows and they hit milestones - which usually leads to better rewards somewhere which leads to faster roster growth.

I feel like you don't really understand this game. There's more to it than PVP matches. If all you want is PVP there are probably other games out there that are better suited to you. The folks at the top of Kyber 1 - most of them paid for the privilege to be there and the ones that didn't spent years building their roster.

As an aside, I'm pretty sure MAW (or CAW? I forget which guild Ahnaldt is in) got 36 stars. Ahnaldt mentioned it on one of his recent videos - that was the MAX that any guild got according to him. This is the whaliest of whale guilds - the krakeniest of kraken guilds - I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the name literally means, "Money Always Wins". That's the standard that you're chasing. I hope your pockets are deep.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options

And guess what dude, everyone needs some help getting to the end game. And also guess what else: THE GAME ISN'T ENDING ANY TIME SOON. Funny how y'all wanna talk about end game this and end game that, when you know the game has a long way to go. I promise you this won't be the last TB or the last content we get for this game and if it was nobody would care to spend money on it or play it. If CG said that they are turning off the lights in 2 years time and whoever got in got in and it was basically decided that that game is done, y'all would probably just quit.

So technically this isn't "end game" content, it's just content for the highest power accounts for now and the near future. Two, three years from now these players will end up with hundred of thousands of stock piled get 3 waiting for CG to drop the newest content whole the rest of us are still struggling to get to 30 stars and we'll be having the same conversation again

LOL - Heroic Pit used to be end game content - those goal posts move every time a new guild event is released. We are all aware of this - that's not the point. The point is THIS TB is now end-game content, where LS Geo was right before it came out. This is normal and expected in progression games.

And so you know (I guess you haven't looked at that screen in shipments?) There's a 20k cap on GET3. You can't stock-pile more than that. You can buy about 5 omicron materials with that.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    End game and the end of the game are two different things.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

This TB is only highlighting the gear gap. It's also highlighting that most players only care about themselves. Everyone was livid when the news came out and they thought that THEY wouldn't be able to participate or do alright at the new TB, when they realized they could do alright they all calmed down, took a deep breath and now they are acting normal. Except you know who's not going to participate in the TB for a while, newer and returning players who don't have the roster for it. I really wish this TB was actually as hard as y'all thought it was going to be after the initial info because maybe then you'd be on the same train as many of us. Funny how the world works, most people only care about problems when they affect them. This TB is another resource income for end game players to grow the gap between them and everyone else even more and I guess as long as you make the cut, you are fine with that. Kinda selfish and narcissistic attitude if you ask me. Instead of trying to lift the community as a whole, y'all just wanna cover your butts, like the leach that feeds off the ecosystem instead of caring about the ecosystem as a whole

It is cool that CG offers fun ways to play the game for all players. Enjoy those things like Conquest, character unlock events, Assault Battles, Galactic Challenges, Sith raid, character unlock events and GAC that didn’t exist when I was new. Enjoy getting gear at 2x the speed we all did and enjoy getting shards at 2x the speed as well. Hopefully rewards for all of these events cut down on the time and help you catch up much faster than how long it took me.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I wanna experience the game having 4-5 GLs instead of 0, so I can enjoy the GAC like some of the YouTubers I watch but even to get to 4-5 GLs I'm probably 3 years out...
    Your frustration is understandable, but the chances that the game changes so much that those 3 years are not required are pretty slim.

As you pointed out, the game is designed this way: you improve your roster, engage in harder events and get more stuff to improve your roster. That's very, very unlikely to change.

Now, saying that the game has no free catch up mechanism isn't true. There are, but not enough for your taste. Fair enough.

You might consider a different game or a different approach, considering there is a good chance what you wish for will never happened.

Shorter comment since I nuked my last accidentally. Three years is easily doable for 4-5 gls even ftp. Limited spending I went from 0 gls just finishing gas in March 2020 to all 7 with ultimate, 7* profundity and executor. Obviously my higher league in gac helps but 1st in fleet every day and 5-4/4-5 probably somewhere in chromium for gac should generate enough crystal income to easily meet the 3 year goal given the recent changes to gear.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    It is not about the size of you rewards, but how you use them.

Yeah sure man, imma hack the code and make my characters require less gear. Come on dude let's be serious, ever since the concept of GLs was introduced, your entire roster has a place somewhere. Even garbage toons who you'd never even think to gear up, are required at relic 3-5 for something. Maybe statement used to be true once upon a time but currently it IS all about the size of the rewards and not just about how you use them

Maybe to you it is.
    Would i like more for less sure, how wouldn't.
    However am i really worried that some kraken guild is getting 11 more stars and from my understanding not that much better rewards, no i will not lose sleep over it.
    If you want to chase the kraken guilds and use them as your measuing stick feel free, they have a different play style than me.

Do i chase the "soft requirements" sure, do i also work on stuff I want to work on, you betcha.
    What has this TB release changed for me? in the short term, ewoks are not back on the list to finish relic levels, and Inq need a couple more levels each. that is about all.
  • Options

To be fair, we’ve been having the same conversation with you for a couple of months now.

“End game” means people who have little else to work on. You are not, by definition, “end game”. Which is why your repeated and repetitive complaints about “end game” content are largely dismissible.
  • Options
    They dont understand what endgame content means. They think it means the end of the game. They dont understand it is for the people who have pretty much every character and ship at 7* and half their roster reliced and they are just looking for things to do and not characters and ships to unlock.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    In typical CG fashion, they have fixed the bug that allowed one to use R5 Jedi on Bracca, but did NOT fix the mistaken R7 Geo requirement on Geonosis...
  • Options
    BeralCator wrote: »
    In typical CG fashion, they have fixed the bug that allowed one to use R5 Jedi on Bracca, but did NOT fix the mistaken R7 Geo requirement on Geonosis...

Who said it was a mistake that it requires r7 geos?
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

It doesn't match the info in Crumb's post, so either he is wrong, or the in-game UX is wrong.

It's the only mission where the relic level does not match the Phase; I suppose it could be intentional and the dev post on here is incorrect, but that seems like the less likely scenario to me...
  • Options

It doesn't match the info in Crumb's post, so either he is wrong, or the in-game UX is wrong.

It's the only mission where the relic level does not match the Phase; I suppose it could be intentional and the dev post on here is incorrect, but that seems like the less likely scenario to me...

Actually I would guess the most likely thing is that the dev post is wrong. CG's dev posts are very rarely completely accurate.
  • Options

Actually I would guess the most likely thing is that the dev post is wrong. CG's dev posts are very rarely completely accurate.
    Really?

When all other p2 missions require r6, you think it’s intentional that one mission and one mission alone needs r7?

I mean, their dev posts are notorious, but it’s not like their game coding is without blemishes either.
  • Options

Really?

When all other p2 missions require r6, you think it’s intentional that one mission and one mission alone needs r7?

I mean, their dev posts are notorious, but it’s not like their game coding is without blemishes either.

I think it's more likely that there was a last minute change for that specific mission that wasn't communicated to Crumb, yes.