Kit Reveal - Merrin

Replies

• Options
    I can’t wait to get her up and running.
    It’s going to be a short while due to g12 lock and general need for relics, but honestly rather have that than some unintended low gear cheese
  • Options
    Why is she Dark Side?
    We wanted Merrin to not only be used with Nightsisters, but also to be used in Territory Battles
    She also will have a new special mission added to Dathomir in the Rise of the Empire TB soon after her release

This makes no sense. Neutral characters can be used on either DS or LS. So making her neutral would not impede using her anywhere in TB or with Nightsisters.

Why even bother with the neutral tag?
  • LordDirt
    5052 posts Member
    Options
    I don't see how anyone would think Nightsisters are neutral.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Not all NS, but Merrin specifically. You'd have to have played Jedi Fallen Order, but she definitely could have been neutral, if not LS even.
  • CaesarAM
    251 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Why do you think they would make a point of addressing why she is DS?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    I haven’t been so excited for a character and their kit in quite awhile only to be utterly ticked and disappointed with how CG gated abilities. That’s beyond greedy.

The whole “NS cheese” is a cop out. You’re literally taking arguably the best part of her kit and pay walling it. Just be up front about it. Way to kill some hype. You already put the relic amplifier stipulations in to control it.

Secondly why even have the neutral tag if you aren’t going to utilize it?? She’s arguably the most deserving of it after Hondo introduced it. In fallen order she literally doesn’t discriminate against light or dark in defense of Dathomir.

Idk, I was so excited for her kit release but this paywalling abilities is just leaving me with a sour taste in my mouth.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I haven’t been so excited for a character and their kit in quite awhile only to be utterly ticked and disappointed with how CG gated abilities. That’s beyond greedy.

The whole “NS cheese” is a cop out. You’re literally taking arguably the best part of her kit and pay walling it. Just be up front about it. Way to kill some hype. You already put the relic amplifier stipulations in to control it.

Secondly why even have the neutral tag if you aren’t going to utilize it?? She’s arguably the most deserving of it after Hondo introduced it. In fallen order she literally doesn’t discriminate against light or dark in defense of Dathomir.

Idk, I was so excited for her kit release but this paywalling abilities is just leaving me with a sour taste in my mouth.

I don't really get why people care about the g12 thing. Not like she'll be useful prior to r3 anyway. And lol @ paywall.

The DS tag is definitely weird though. Agree that the neutral tag's existence seems weird when they refuse to use it when it should be used.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

I don't really get why people care about the g12 thing. Not like she'll be useful prior to r3 anyway. And lol @ paywall.

The DS tag is definitely weird though. Agree that the neutral tag's existence seems weird when they refuse to use it when it should be used.

Because to get to G12 she needs to be at 7*. Barring dropping a few hundred bucks (pay wall) or getting incredibly lucky on a character pack pull, you cannot get her to G12. So that means wait anywhere from 4-6 months for her to be released, then another couple months for farming her shards at minimum. So yes that’s a paywall on one of her best abilities that’s a mass cleanse, revive and health and protection regen. Not to mention it helps trigger her unique as well. Idk how else you would describe a pay wall if not for this.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

Because to get to G12 she needs to be at 7*. Barring dropping a few hundred bucks (pay wall) or getting incredibly lucky on a character pack pull, you cannot get her to G12. So that means wait anywhere from 4-6 months for her to be released, then another couple months for farming her shards at minimum. So yes that’s a paywall on one of her best abilities that’s a mass cleanse, revive and health and protection regen. Not to mention it helps trigger her unique as well. Idk how else you would describe a pay wall if not for this.

Blah blah blah. She will be useless at 3* g11 anyway, ability or not, so why does it even matter? You're just being nitpicky for the sake of being nitpicky.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

Blah blah blah. She will be useless at 3* g11 anyway, ability or not, so why does it even matter? You're just being nitpicky for the sake of being nitpicky.

So you’re saying there would be no use for her at 3* g11 based on her kit? If she was going to be useless then why paywall that ability?

Reread her kit and tell me how useless she would be if we had access to all her abilities like normal. I’ll wait for you to explain that one
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

So you’re saying there would be no use for her at 3* g11 based on her kit? If she was going to be useless then why paywall that ability?

Reread her kit and tell me how useless she would be if we had access to all her abilities like normal. I’ll wait for you to explain that one

Because that's how this game works? 3* g11 she'll be dead before she does anything, much less use the "paywalled" ability.
  • Options

Because that's how this game works? 3* g11 she'll be dead before she does anything, much less use the "paywalled" ability.

Mara Jade was incredibly viable at low star levels. I used her for a year with what I got from the marquee event. She completely changed up my Palpatine team and I would use the two of them in 3v3 GAC to take on full relic teams because she was fast, got them both rolling and it was great. Whether this character would be the same I don't know, but you can certainly get a huge amount of use from lower star/gear characters with the right setup and battles.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

It’s almost like there’s at least two other characters in the team that would be able to revive her and benefit from her dying fast….
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

Mara Jade was incredibly viable at low star levels. I used her for a year with what I got from the marquee event. She completely changed up my Palpatine team and I would use the two of them in 3v3 GAC to take on full relic teams because she was fast, got them both rolling and it was great. Whether this character would be the same I don't know, but you can certainly get a huge amount of use from lower star/gear characters with the right setup and battles.

EP and Mara have specific synergy and potentially an omicron from SK to feed from. NS have nothing like that.

It’s almost like there’s at least two other characters in the team that would be able to revive her and benefit from her dying fast….

Oh, so you're saying that dying fast in a benefit, which means at 3* g11 she would actually be very useful, but only because she would die so quickly? Almost like that's exactly what CG said was the reason for locking the ability.
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    Options
    I just wanna point out that Cal was just added to shipments today, just under a month after his kit reveal.

Tusken Chieftain is now farmable, about two months or so after that kit reveal.

It will not take '4-6' months for Merrin to be released. She officially drops tomorrow. She should be in shipments around the second week of May. She'll probably be farmable around the beginning of June.

Relax, and have some dip.
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    Haruk wrote: »
    I just wanna point out that Cal was just added to shipments today, just under a month after his kit reveal.

It will not take '4-6' months for Merrin to be released. She officially drops tomorrow. She should be in shipments around the second week of May. She'll probably be farmable around the beginning of June.
    She will be added here soon

https://swgohevents.com/marquee
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Starslayer
    2420 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    90MikeG wrote: »
    Dark side? Lol. Even if it’s before she joined the Mantis she wasn’t dark sided

I’m pretty confident players who would use a datacron with a ns team will love seeing her DS.

Edit: same for Neutral tag. Won’t work with dc level3 abilities.
  • DonPuto
    378 posts Member
    Options

Given all you ever do is complain, no one is surprised to see your opinion on this. Must be difficult for you to keep playing a game you lament so much. 🤷
  • Options
    He's hardly the only one complaining about oh... most Everything in this game that CG does... LOL

And, its not like its unwarranted complaining.
  • dgree
    522 posts Member
    Options
    This. CG is going out of their way to block the ability level for a reason. And there's a really easy way for CG to prove that they actually want g12 gear, and not that this is a dishonest way of throwing in a 7 star requirement: allow merrin to go to g12 at lower star level. Or change the gear level to g11, which really isn't a huge difference (after all, if you're arguing she needs to be r5 to be viable, then surely g11 vs g12 shouldn't be an issue).
  • Options
    dgree wrote: »
    And there's a really easy way for CG to prove that they actually want g12 gear, and not that this is a dishonest way of throwing in a 7 star requirement: allow merrin to go to g12 at lower star level. Or change the gear level to g11, which really isn't a huge difference (after all, if you're arguing she needs to be r5 to be viable, then surely g11 vs g12 shouldn't be an issue).

They want her to be at 7* g12+, so people don't use her at 3* forever, benefiting from low gear and putting leveling her into disadvantage
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    Haruk wrote: »

Relax, and have some dip.

It's not 4-6 months for release, it's 4-6 months for farming and gearing.

Per cadence, the earliest she will be farmable is 12 weeks from yesterday, which is 3 months. If she's on a hard node, most people are looking at another 56 days (2 more months) to farm her shards. I would assume anyone that cares enough will use that time to also save her gear, but we're still at 5 months from release until she is usable by most of the game. Putting her on a Cantina node cuts off about 30-40 days, depending on the node.
    dgree wrote: »
    This. CG is going out of their way to block the ability level for a reason. And there's a really easy way for CG to prove that they actually want g12 gear, and not that this is a dishonest way of throwing in a 7 star requirement: allow merrin to go to g12 at lower star level. Or change the gear level to g11, which really isn't a huge difference (after all, if you're arguing she needs to be r5 to be viable, then surely g11 vs g12 shouldn't be an issue).

I was arguing she needed to be r5 to be usable, yes. But as has been pointed out, because it's NS, there's a very strong use case in some modes where low star/gear is a benefit. Allowing her to be g12 lower than 7* does not solve that benefit. It's also not dishonest, since they were extremely upfront about the fact.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    DonPuto wrote: »

Given all you ever do is complain, no one is surprised to see your opinion on this. Must be difficult for you to keep playing a game you lament so much. 🤷

No it’s not all I ever do, but thanks for your misappropriated comment. I do enjoy the game, otherwise I would’ve quit a long time ago. However when CG does something I’m not a fan of, I voice my opinion just as many others do; which is I don’t think it’s a good idea to set a precedent for G12 gear levels on an ability.

Perhaps if you bothered to look into why, rather than just try and incite and argument or make a personal insult to garner likes, you’d see that they solved the paper zombie problem in the past by forcing her ability to unlock at G10 I believe? They could’ve done the same with G11 here. Instead they chose g12 which now gates her behind 7* viability which can’t be achieved without paying money before she becomes farmable. Ergo, a pay wall.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    90MikeG wrote: »
    Dark side? Lol. Even if it’s before she joined the Mantis she wasn’t dark sided

I’m pretty confident players who would use a datacron with a ns team will love seeing her DS.

Edit: same for Neutral tag. Won’t work with dc level3 abilities.

Now this begs the question, should DC’s include neutral in their benefits as well? So a LS datacron giving benefit to Light/Neutral and Vice versa for DS datacrons.
  • Starslayer
    2420 posts Member
    Options
    they solved the paper zombie problem in the past by forcing her ability to unlock at G10 I believe? They could’ve done the same with G11 here. Instead they chose g12 which now gates her behind 7* viability which can’t be achieved without paying money before she becomes farmable. Ergo, a pay wall.

!'m failing to understand the problem. The deal has always been: pay to get the brand new character now or wait until it's farmable, then when it's farmable decide if you spend your precious premium currency to get it quickly or slow farm and wait some more. For this one, they add more layers to be sure it stays that way, because this character has the potential to be very efficient at low gear under 7*. So even if the deal is altered on paper, it's still the same deal: Pay or wait.

• TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    7* viability which can’t be achieved without paying money before she becomes farmable. Ergo, a pay wall.

False.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    they solved the paper zombie problem in the past by forcing her ability to unlock at G10 I believe? They could’ve done the same with G11 here. Instead they chose g12 which now gates her behind 7* viability which can’t be achieved without paying money before she becomes farmable. Ergo, a pay wall.

!'m failing to understand the problem. The deal has always been: pay to get the brand new character now or wait until it's farmable, then when it's farmable decide if you spend your precious premium currency to get it quickly or slow farm and wait some more. For this one, they add more layers to be sure it stays that way, because this character has the potential to be very efficient at low gear under 7*. So even if the deal is altered on paper, it's still the same deal: Pay or wait.

They’ve never gated abilities like this before. Paper zombie was the first time they did it at G10 so you could still get her benefit without 7*. Now it’s G12 to even unlock it at all. Yea to get the character to 7*, relic and up to top speed it’s been that way sure. This is the first time it’s been an ability locked behind 7* that I can remember.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    7* viability which can’t be achieved without paying money before she becomes farmable. Ergo, a pay wall.

False.

Oh I’m sorry, barring an incredibly lucky, what is it? .1% chance of a 330 shard pull in the packs?
  • Options

You admitted in your own post that you don’t HAVE to pay money to get her to 7*. Therefore, there’s no paywall.

Please research terms before attempting to use them, especially if you’re just going to condescend to others when they point out the inaccuracies of your statements.

• TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

False.

Oh I’m sorry, barring an incredibly lucky, what is it? .1% chance of a 330 shard pull in the packs?

You don't need to pull a 330 to get her to 7* without paying a cent.