Kit Reveal - Merrin

124Next

Replies

• Options
    OSDeus wrote: »
    Guys... My Merrin doesn't work. Don't know what to do, it simply skips her turn in battles, can't use her at all. I used the help in game but I still didn't get any reply. Pls help!

Are you using her with a team with no night sisters? She will not get a turn as her speed is zero, and there are no night sisters to get her tm from her kit.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Here’s a wild idea

wait 3 months to farm her and then use her?

I’m sure you have plenty of other toons that are reaching the 3 month mark now to work on in the meantime

Not gonna have a choice am I? 🤷🏻‍♂️

that's the cost of being F2P

Which is fine, i never had a problem with waiting 3 months to farm a toon to save $300+ per toon

Me either. But the new thing of gating abilities behind 7* now is what’s bothering me. Soon it’ll be relic gated I’m sure, CG has no boundaries 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    The problem is CG should have given some middle ground…if this is a new ability gate being introduced then make her farmable right away. Actually they should do that with all new toons instead of waiting 4-6 weeks.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Here’s a wild idea

wait 3 months to farm her and then use her?

I’m sure you have plenty of other toons that are reaching the 3 month mark now to work on in the meantime

Not gonna have a choice am I? 🤷🏻‍♂️

that's the cost of being F2P

Which is fine, i never had a problem with waiting 3 months to farm a toon to save $300+ per toon

Me either. But the new thing of gating abilities behind 7* now is what’s bothering me. Soon it’ll be relic gated I’m sure, CG has no boundaries 🤷🏻‍♂️

gear moves forward, why shouldn't abilities 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    The problem is CG should have given some middle ground…if this is a new ability gate being introduced then make her farmable right away. Actually they should do that with all new toons instead of waiting 4-6 weeks.

they monetize impatience
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    they solved the paper zombie problem in the past by forcing her ability to unlock at G10 I believe? They could’ve done the same with G11 here. Instead they chose g12 which now gates her behind 7* viability which can’t be achieved without paying money before she becomes farmable. Ergo, a pay wall.

!'m failing to understand the problem. The deal has always been: pay to get the brand new character now or wait until it's farmable, then when it's farmable decide if you spend your precious premium currency to get it quickly or slow farm and wait some more. For this one, they add more layers to be sure it stays that way, because this character has the potential to be very efficient at low gear under 7*. So even if the deal is altered on paper, it's still the same deal: Pay or wait.

They’ve never gated abilities like this before. Paper zombie was the first time they did it at G10 so you could still get her benefit without 7*. Now it’s G12 to even unlock it at all. Yea to get the character to 7*, relic and up to top speed it’s been that way sure. This is the first time it’s been an ability locked behind 7* that I can remember.

Games develop over time.... I will ask you the same thing I would ask anyone complaining about this "pretend paywall".....

If they didn't gate the ability at G12 would you actually take the time and spend the resources to get her abilities maxxed and use her at 3 stars?, and if so why?

If your answer is no, then you have nothing to complain about.....

If your answer is yes, then I'd sure like to know why since this really isn't some gae-breaking GL killer or anything..
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Why?.. Just another person telling CG what to do with no reasoning behind their assertions..... They need to make money, it'skind of how this gig works...
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Why?.. Just another person telling CG what to do with no reasoning behind their assertions..... They need to make money, it'skind of how this gig works...
    I am confused…I thought this gating is not a paywall?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

they monetize impatience

Paywall or no paywall? Flippity floppity
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options

they monetize impatience

Wrong. A paywall means there's no other way to get something other than paying.
  • Options
    1. Lock an ability behind G12 ftom release
    2. No restrictions, but decide to lock it behind G12 after someone with this win against something

I choose 1
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

I am confused…I thought this gating is not a paywall?

It isn't... Just accept that and your confusion will go away....

Also, The post you quoted of mine was in reference to someone saying to make characters farmable right away.... Has nothing to do with locking abilities behind gear levels...
  • Options
    So, all potency mods with no speed? Potency on cross and protection on arrow? I'm excited to see her in S&S... It's the only AB I couldn't (or wouldn't) get my head around.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    this is setting up a dangerous precedent. If you’re ok with no toons being viable before 7* then god bless.

It’s not about being viable before 7*, it’s about not needed her at 7* to get her at her prime. A character is supposed to perform poorly before starring or gearing them (even if they could be usable) which is why we star and gear them, which is why someone willing to spend and not wanting to wait will give CG some money in order to get the full show.

But isn’t this the first time it’s happening? Mara Jade, DN, Mando, etc were able to put on a full show with their kits prior to 7*. Now yes, the absolute best of their all around performance came with relics and full stars but still had their entire kit available in the interim. Outside of paper zombie when was the last time that we had a hard gear and Star gate on abilities?

Also, thank you for having a constructive conversation about this. It’s refreshing to not deal with just blatant condescending and insulting responses.
    You should quit talking to yourself if you’re tired of condescending and insulting responses.

And once again, you’ve proven your own statement wrong later on in your ramblings. Paper zombie was a gear gate to fix an incentive to not gear zombie. Zombie cheese was not an intended outcome. They’ve addressed something they see as potentially exploitable at low star/gear. Had they not done so and changed the kit after release, I am 100% confident some people would complain about a lack of testing and forethought from CG and how they don’t know what they’re doing.

Zombie was still able to be used with a gear 10 gate. Meaning she didn’t need to be 7* to have that ability unlocked. Merrin does with her gear gate set at G12. I’ve even said if they had set it at G11 there wouldn’t be an issue because people could still get use out of her without having to dump 37-52k crystals into her or hundreds of dollars. That’s the point but like always you just want to condescend and throw around trivial insults.

I’ll even do a TLDR: Gear gating any new marquee toon’s abilities at G12 and above, isn’t not F2P friendly and is a temporary pay wall unless you have several months worth of stored of crystals to just dump into her. Paper zombie was not a G12 gate.
    I think you have forgotten the order of events re: paper zombie.

Before the devs updated zombie’s kit (with the endless horde / undying sacrifice update in late 2018), the forums had several threads complaining about the power of a g2 zombie which had the endless horde ability unlocked.

The consensus among players was that it wasn’t good for the game if a character was operating in its most effective way with less investment. This was exacerbated by the fact that anyone who had geared their zombie had effectively wasted resources by making their zombie less effective than those who had not invested anything. And this was, of course, irreversible.

So introducing a g10 gate for zombie was a way to reward the investment of players who had used resources on gearing her up, and ensured that her unusual mechanic - which is in keeping with the lore of the faction - was only viable with adequate investment.

The g12 gate for Merrin shows the devs have learned from the zombie experience. Well done to them - they’ve done something that we know from experience is in the best interests of the game.

As for your suggestion of using g11 instead of g12 - I’m surprised someone who has played the game as long as you doesn’t see the problem with this. Since the gear economy updates, players who have been around as long as you should be able to take Merrin to g11 either instantly or in the short amount of time to collect the 150 of each Kyro needed. The devs can’t make it so a toon can instantly operate at their most effective level when that is easily attainable to thousands of players immediately after unlocking.
  • Options

they monetize impatience

Wrong. A paywall means there's no other way to get something other than paying.

Stay on target…
  • Options
    I'm not seeing G10 Zombie (Pre-Gear Doubling) v/s G12 (locked behind 7*) which is 6 months of daily farming as being the same thing.

The Kyros to get to G11 is every bit what G10 Zombie required in terms of "equality".

G12 isn't he issue, its that G12 requires 7* which is NOT the same as G10 Zombie or the Kyros to get to G11.

Next thing you know a GL won't be able to do their Ultimate till they get to R9.because R7 is the "minimum" anyone puts on their GL.

• Options
    I'm not seeing G10 Zombie (Pre-Gear Doubling) v/s G12 (locked behind 7*) which is 6 months of daily farming as being the same thing.

If you do just the 25 and 50 shard refreshes you can top up the last 280 shards in 56 days, so 8 weeks. With toons being farmable 8 weeks after release, and assuming you don’t buy shards from shipments any ftp player who wants Merrin can have them within 4 months. People wildly stating 5 months (or more as others have previously) is unhelpful. It’s just not accurate.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Next thing you know a GL won't be able to do their Ultimate till they get to R9.because R7 is the "minimum" anyone puts on their GL.
    If a GL is more efficient at G13 than at R7, that’s pretty likely that the ultimate would be gated behind R7, yep.
  • Options
    Really, what does any of this matter?.... A new toon was released, their kit is what their kit is and so be it....

No need to bash it to death, you eihjer want to go for it or you don't....