K2 is the new k1 problem

Prev1
Drim
359 posts Member
Let’s talk k2… if you were ok losing your k1 status like me aka don’t care about DC or investing in micromanaging kits get excited for your k3 drop! Because CG has smashed all in to K2 the above player will be going to K3 so excited!!!!

Replies

• Options
    So you're ignoring major parts of the game and upset that you're losing to players that aren't?
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Is your argument theres 1,300 people in k1 and if your in k2 you should be pushed out if you don’t have 20 DC9? Please educate me. People seriously don’t understand how to actually formulate an argument on this site. Am I the 1st to point out the K2 push out? So basically everyone is super ok with CG business model cash only no actual gaming for fun experience?
  • DonPuto
    374 posts Member
    Options
    Drim wrote: »
    Is your argument theres 1,300 people in k1 and if your in k2 you should be pushed out if you don’t have 20 DC9? Please educate me. People seriously don’t understand how to actually formulate an argument on this site. Am I the 1st to point out the K2 push out? So basically everyone is super ok with CG business model cash only no actual gaming for fun experience?

Key word in your post is "business". CG is a business and the point of a business is to make money right?
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    DonPuto wrote: »

Key word in your post is "business". CG is a business and the point of a business is to make money right?

You got me! They should push every nickel they can with no accountability to the people who play great point! I am a sheep I must not question corporate profit and greed….keep the questions coming I love defending the users I am “tron”?
  • Options
    Wait! Does this mean that every 10m account will be with me in Carb 2 in a few seasons?!?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    According to the matchmaking threads they already are.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Lol it was only a 5m that i faced this time, not 10 :lol:
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    DonPuto wrote: »

Not really the point. The skill squish is becoming more and more of an issue. If it’s already starting to squish and shrink K2 then that’s a pretty big issue. K1 is already down to what? Around 1000 people?

Perhaps the people Meathead is bringing this to should address this sooner rather than later.
  • wildnz
    257 posts Member
    Options
    There are a number of threads on this and I see a fairly consistent misunderstanding that the division effects your match making. It doesn't (with a very small exception for the top /bottom 8 in each division who could have been matched with the top/bottom of the next division).

The overall ranking (across all players) you hold is what determines your match making , the division you are in determines your rewards. As an example , if you are rank 1400 in K1 and you get squished to K2 as K1 becomes top 1200 , you are still ranked 1400 in the overall gac order and will match with the players +/- 8 spots around you ( 7 others from ranks 1193 to 1207). The game will show you as rank 200 in K2 , and there is 1200 in K1 , but you won't move up or down the ranking order.

In might be called K2 , but these are the same accounts as if there was no squish and you all stayed in K1.

So .. the entire squish conversation should be about the rewards , K2 less rewards than K1 is the change. There is not suddenly a bunch of people being put into K2 that makes people's matches in K2 worse , it just doesn't work that way. There are bunch of people getting less rewards. This is the real issue.
  • Options
    Right. Somewhere around 1% (or less) of the player base getting top rewards doesn’t feel like what was intended originally when the move from squad arena for crystals to GAC for crystals occurred.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    Justokay wrote: »
    Right. Somewhere around 1% (or less) of the player base getting top rewards doesn’t feel like what was intended originally when the move from squad arena for crystals to GAC for crystals occurred.

You’re right. Kyber is one of five divisions, so 20% of players. K1 is supposed to be 10% of kyber, so K1 should represent 20%x10%=2% of the player base.

It doesn’t change the fact that K1 is shrinking and is now under 2% of the player base. Kyber is still 20% of players though, according to numbers from other threads who showed the K1 shrinking problem.
  • Options
    Good to see people coming around.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Justokay wrote: »

You’re right. Kyber is one of five divisions, so 20% of players. K1 is supposed to be 10% of kyber, so K1 should represent 20%x10%=2% of the player base.

It doesn’t change the fact that K1 is shrinking and is now under 2% of the player base. Kyber is still 20% of players though, according to numbers from other threads who showed the K1 shrinking problem.

Kyber is not 20 percent of all signed up accounts. 48ish k of 307ish k is 15.6 percent roughly. Now it’s closer to 20 percent if you exclude carbonite but still less than 20
  • Options
    If you’re skipping out on on their newest form of competitive advantage, then yeah, you’re gonna fall down the rankings. I’m as annoyed by datacrons as the next guy, but I don’t know why you’d expect to stay in the top 15k if you skip out on something everyone else is getting.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

I'm comfortably in K2 and only have 4 level 9 DC's. Went 3-0 this round. Not sure what the problem is.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

I'm comfortably in K2 and only have 4 level 9 DC's. Went 3-0 this round. Not sure what the problem is.

I have one L9 DC at 3500+ SR lol
  • Options
    I’m at the top end of K2….. 1:2 this time. Every player I face had a full defence of lvl 9 Datacrons…..that’s all defensive teams, not one or two. I’m 9.7m the other 5 are 11m+. I got very close to winning round 3 and that would have been 2:1 overall. It’s getting harder @ the K2/K1 border…….or maybe I just suck 😂
  • Options
    Many of the K2 players were moved down from K1 and creates a domino affect. K2 is definitely much harder then 4-5 months ago.
  • Eyo
    34 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Well, I'm f2p with 3 DC9 (farming it every conquest as much as possible), I would say I'm in the lower part of K1 - 3650-3750, whenever I get closer to 3700 it's a 30 DC9 festival, spiced up with ocassional revas.

It wasn't like that even several months ago, the algorithm is clearly faulty with the whale wall getting lower and lower.

Whenever new gac starts, I wanna puke, same goes for every new conquest filled with boring grind, all that keeps me in is sunken cost fallacy.
  • Options
    Eyo wrote: »

Well, I'm f2p with 3 DC9 (farming it every conquest as much as possible), I would say I'm in the lower part of K1 - 3650-3750, whenever I get closer to 3700 it's a 30 DC9 festival, spiced up with ocassional revas.

It wasn't like that even several months ago, the algorithm is clearly faulty with the whale wall getting lower and lower.

Whenever new gac starts, I wanna puke, same goes for every new conquest filled with boring grind, all that keeps me in is sunken cost fallacy.

The players directly above you in the ladder are the same before and after squish. Points changed but not the order in the ladder. You have to beat them if you want to go up.

K1 shrinkage moved the frontier of K1 so there is definitely a reward issue, but the one big ladder is still the same with the players in the same order. Closer, but in the same order.
  • Eyo
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

The players directly above you in the ladder are the same before and after squish. Points changed but not the order in the ladder. You have to beat them if you want to go up.

K1 shrinkage moved the frontier of K1 so there is definitely a reward issue, but the one big ladder is still the same with the players in the same order. Closer, but in the same order.

And rewards are all I care about from this mode, so the whale wall vs k1 frontier is all that matters and it's moving down.

Relatively to the ladder I'm climbing up, indeed - I should be rewarded for that, yet current system punishes me for that with harder and harder opponents and nothing in exchange other than frustration.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    If rewards are really all you care about, you should be happy. Even if you are pushed to K2 you should be earning way more crystals since they moved them out of arena.
  • Options
    Relatively to the ladder I'm climbing up, indeed - I should be rewarded for that, yet current system punishes me for that with harder and harder opponents and nothing in exchange other than frustration.

You meeting tougher opponents as you move up the ladder is neither a reward nor a punishment. It's a result. Of course you're meeting tougher opponents going up. What would be the alternative?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    If rewards are really all you care about, you should be happy. Even if you are pushed to K2 you should be earning way more crystals since they moved them out of arena.

This statement requires a lot of context. It's patently false if you were finishing first daily in squad arena with no refreshes.

it's even less true since the cadence went from 4 weeks on, 1 week off to 3 weeks on 1 week off once conquest came about. The "breakeven" relative to daily first in arena over a 30 day month is ~6-3 in K1 and ~7-2 in K2.

There can be all kinds of conjecture about what Arena would look like in the age of datacrons, along with the value of time spent NOT performing daily arena climbs, but let's be factual about the rewards structure itself.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

This statement requires a lot of context. It's patently false if you were finishing first daily in squad arena with no refreshes.

it's even less true since the cadence went from 4 weeks on, 1 week off to 3 weeks on 1 week off once conquest came about. The "breakeven" relative to daily first in arena over a 30 day month is ~6-3 in K1 and ~7-2 in K2.

There can be all kinds of conjecture about what Arena would look like in the age of datacrons, along with the value of time spent NOT performing daily arena climbs, but let's be factual about the rewards structure itself.

I will provide context, since I track everything. And if you were finishing first every day (not sharing) with no refreshes then you were very lucky.

My numbers are based on a 28 day period. For arena sharing 1-2 daily with one 50 refresh.

Arena: 12,250 crystals
    GAC k2 5v5 (S9) 6-3 record: 16,490 crystals
    GAC k2 3v3 (S10) 3-6 record: 13,335 crystals
  • Options

I will provide context, since I track everything. And if you were finishing first every day (not sharing) with no refreshes then you were very lucky.

My numbers are based on a 28 day period. For arena sharing 1-2 daily with one 50 refresh.

Arena: 12,250 crystals
    GAC k2 5v5 (S9) 6-3 record: 16,490 crystals
    GAC k2 3v3 (S10) 3-6 record: 13,335 crystals

Thanks! My break even was wrong (forgot the end of event rewards as well). Here's the daily differential. GAC can absolutely be a lot more crystals some periods, might be less some periods. Answer is, it depends on various factors and what you consider "way more".

9hicusndlwck.png

• Options
    You’re going to go close to .500 over time, so there isn’t much sense using anything other than that for the break even point. And as long as we’re being factual, you get very slightly more rewards per day on average due to the reduction from 4 weeks on, 1 week off to 3 weeks on 1 week off.

You’re not getting significantly more rewards in K2 than you were if you were taking 1st with no refreshes in SA, but if you’re staying in K2 for several season you’re mathematically coming out ahead.

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Dawnsinger wrote: »
    You’re going to go close to .500 over time, so there isn’t much sense using anything other than that for the break even point. And as long as we’re being factual, you get very slightly more rewards per day on average due to the reduction from 4 weeks on, 1 week off to 3 weeks on 1 week off.

You’re not getting significantly more rewards in K2 than you were if you were taking 1st with no refreshes in SA, but if you’re staying in K2 for several season you’re mathematically coming out ahead.

Your statement doesn't take into account that, during the arena crystal days, very few players got first every day...
  • Options
    That’s definitely true. And I think in Kyber the crystal rewards are more generous than it generally gets credit for. I’m just pointing out that even the best case scenario for SA, you’re still coming out ahead in K2.
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Dawnsinger wrote: »

Your statement doesn't take into account that, during the arena crystal days, very few players got first every day...