The Mandalorian S3E8: The Return (Spoilers)

2Next

Replies

• Wed_Santa
    1023 posts Member
    Options
    They are turning a show about a bounty hunter into fan service based on kids TB shows.

Can’t change a show for adults into one for kids like this.

When was this show for adults?
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    This is very inconsistent because grogu's past shows us that while in the academy, jedi and clones dies like nobody, but at the last big fight no major good guys die? Should have more casualties like axe woves or koska reeves. this ep just remind me BoBF(kill 1 good guy at before, then no major good guys died at the last big fight).

This is now like kid's bed story, dunno if the original story like this, or disney insist.

Well they kinda had to die during order 66…
  • LordDirt
    5125 posts Member
    Options
    This is very inconsistent because grogu's past shows us that while in the academy, jedi and clones dies like nobody, but at the last big fight no major good guys die? Should have more casualties like axe woves or koska reeves. this ep just remind me BoBF(kill 1 good guy at before, then no major good guys died at the last big fight).

This is now like kid's bed story, dunno if the original story like this, or disney insist.

Why, we keep seeing more and more Jedi survived the longer SW keeps going.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

Grogu's past is like 5mins long or so, but the casualties are more than mandalorians died in a full season. Oh yeah....
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Now this is true.
  • Options

Now this is true.

Palpatine's secret terms and conditions in Order 66 was that only 66 Jedi would be killed as part of that.

The mouse makes more money for every escaped Jedi that has a story they can tell. I'm shocked we haven't seen Mace back yet. Perhaps Sam would expect too much money?
  • yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Now this is true.

Palpatine's secret terms and conditions in Order 66 was that only 66 Jedi would be killed as part of that.

The mouse makes more money for every escaped Jedi that has a story they can tell. I'm shocked we haven't seen Mace back yet. Perhaps Sam would expect too much money?

They will prob give mace his own series. I would assume plo koon would appear in that and have them as a tuff combo.
  • Options
    Blubcop wrote: »
    I just hope that Gideon is now dead.
    Takes a while for a clone to grow a moustache, apparently.

• Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    It was a decent episode, but had tons of really weird elements. The more I think about it, the less I like it, and the less I like the whole season. It also seemed very rushed.

The Pershing mind wipe makes even less sense now. They could have just thrown him off the train. It was a very convoluted story arc with no reason behind it.

R5 being scared of the cliff when he literally just flew down off a cliff made no sense.

Gideon saying he would take care of Din and Grogu, and then just waiting in his lair while they destroyed his clones with a single button push made no sense. And why would you have a button that blew the glass out of the clone tanks?

The last name of Mandalorians is obviously the family name. See Clans Visla and Katan, so why would Grogu be Din Grogu instead of Grogu Djarin?

Where the heck did all of Din’s weaponry go? In the first season he was launching whistling birds and knee rockets every 5 seconds. Neither made an appearance this entire season as he fist fought everyone.

Rocket packs all ran out of fuel after a few minutes in one episode, but in this one they can fly all the way to space.

Their necks are completely exposed to any rope thrown at them, but somehow the vacuum of space doesn’t affect them.

Who are the spies?

Why did the pretorian guards try to kill Grogu? Gideon had done everything in his power to try to capture him for 2 seasons, now he wants him dead?

I could go on. I really feel like this show lost its way this season. There’s too many fingers in the pot. Too many directors. Star Wars needs to be limited to Filoni, Taika, and Howard directing. And that’s it.

I think why the Pretorian guards tried to kill Grogu is because Gideon already had Grogu's blood and DNA to clone as he pleases.
  • Options
    I really hoped "The return" was a reference to Thrawn, but it does make sense that way too. Nice episode
  • Ryche
    153 posts Member
    Options
    Season 2 finale blew this one away.
    this whole season felt a lil "meh" , like lets just throw something together real quick.
    Supposedly Mandalorians are "elite soldiers" , but fell into a trap in an enclosed area easily while i was yelling at my TV.
    hopefully 4 is better.