Krayt Dragon Rewards Need an Overhaul

Replies

• Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    el_mago wrote: »
    the other ones were deleted because they were inflammatory and asked people to boycott, which is strictly prohibited.

this seems to me, a fairly well thought out and accurate post.

It's a little "over the top" but it's understandable that some folks are upset....

It's a bit too early to be making snap judgements about content that is kess than a day old (especially since the folks complaining have had less than a half day to play it and analyze it)....

And yes, break tos and your junk gets deleted....

Playing the content and analyzing it isn't gonna just make the missing rewards appear out of nowhere.
  • Options
    the other ones were deleted because they were inflammatory and asked people to boycott, which is strictly prohibited.

It's a little "over the top" but it's understandable that some folks are upset....

It's a bit too early to be making snap judgements about content that is kess than a day old (especially since the folks complaining have had less than a half day to play it and analyze it)....

But there’s no snap judgement on the rewards. People on Reddit did great breakdowns and we are seeing a huge net loss in rewards from raids. The devs said we would see the same and eventually much better rewards with the new system but that’s not true.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    It's typically not my style to be overly negative...but I do have to ask these questions.

1. I did my 5 battles and and now what? Did I win?
    2. Is there like a second phase?
    3. How come there aren't any rewards apart from some currency?
    4. Where is the SSC from the Han, Kenobi & Traya shards?
    5. What happened to the GET1/2 rewards?
    6. Why did it take 5 years to come with a raid that is so underwhelming?

Truth be told, this raid is kinda boring...........again, apologies for being negative.
    I mean in looks cool, but how long till that wears off? A day?

1- I don't know, did you?
    2- No
    3- You determine your rewards based on what you buy with that currency....
    4- There has always been better ssc sources than raids...
    5- Replaced with new currency you can buy more stuff with
    6- Start strategizing, reading the raid parameters and developing teams (it's a hell of a lot less boring than 49 guildies entering an hstr and one guy soloing it)
  • Ultra
    11525 posts Moderator
    Options
    Anyone crunched the numbers / data yet on how much rewards is lost and how much increase needs to be done to match or increase the raid rewards?
  • Whatelse73
    2186 posts Member
    Options
    Very well articulated and I'm sure many players will agree with it. I think the issue is that while there are those at CG who understand these concerns, they aren't the ones making decisions about the game's long-term strategy, player rewards, priority of implementation, etc., are determined.

It'd be great if this was a wake-up call for whoever is in charge to realize that they kinda suck, should go home and re-think their life, then come back and realize that players make some good points that should be considered.
  • LendersQuiz
    1169 posts Member
    Options
    6- Start strategizing, reading the raid parameters and developing teams (it's a hell of a lot less boring than 49 guildies entering an hstr and one guy soloing it)

Yeah, pass on that one.
    Recruiting & TB already take FAR to much of my time as it is.
    If I'm asked to this as well that's gonna be a deal breaker.
    BubbaFett, want to be the leader of my guild?
  • K_Ley2
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Anyone crunched the numbers / data yet on how much rewards is lost and how much increase needs to be done to match or increase the raid rewards?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/137e45a/in_depth_rewards_analysis_for_new_raid_system/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    K_Ley2 wrote: »

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/137e45a/in_depth_rewards_analysis_for_new_raid_system/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Saw that.... Too many assumptions ... Other folks are working on it....
  • Options

"Too early to be making snap judgements"

Are you serious right now? How can you say it's too early when people already figured out in less than 30 minutes that the rewards are criminally underwhelming in relation to what they expect us to do for them? You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see that the reward structure is just straight up unfair. And "unfair" is even an understatement. I'd love to call it many other things, but I won't write those things on the forums.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, pass on that one.

Lol, no.... But that's what you signed up for (me too)..... Honestly, we will see how this all pavs out soon enough, appreciate your post and all but it's too early to be breaking out the pitchforks and lightning the torches just yet....

Besides, sone if my best tines in swgoh were around me and my guildies working together to beat raids, I am glad that's back...
  • Drim
    360 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Amazing post. How can they say this is even close to = rewards it’s way way way off. As a day one player and FTP in no way does this add up. The store would also need to be RNG random full crafted at random low price for this to come close
  • Vengence
    1114 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah 💯 agree with the poster. I don’t think they will listen but it would seem to be that creating this raid and leaving the old ones intact would have been a much better option to “taking a step TOWARDS the player base? ”
  • Range1974
    905 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Very vet player here. The raid’s rewards are frustrating and I am sure CG will adapt. My guild is hitting crate 2 though and we had the other raids on “auto” for max rewards. We are not a high end guild.
    My problems.
    #1 the reward stores are nauseating to scroll through now, can we maybe tag some items as favorites and they bump to the top?
    #2 the new symbols for the currency look the same on a small iPhone screen. Can you change the colors of each for some obvious contrast? Red, green, yellow? Honestly with almost 50 yr old eyes, I cannot tell what is what even with my glasses on, I recommend all developers be forced to test on a n SE sized iPhone not a 16 inch high resolution monitor or larger.
    #3. The outages impacted across a lot EA services so it’s not CGs fault but CG needs to reconsider what guilds lost with a five hour outage during the USAs evening hours when most adult players have time to complete GAC, ROTE, the new raid and their fleet battles. 1000 crystals cost about $6 in the store right now. Players lost reva shards, zeta materials, status in GAC plus GAC rewards (a win is what 750 crystal in kyber 3?). Even at a minimum wage of $15, five hours is $75 or about 10,000 crystals. I know I’m doing beer math here but you get my point.
    I guess it’s not really frustrating at this point, it’s disappointment.
  • Drathuk916
    633 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, pass on that one.

Besides, sone if my best tines in swgoh were around me and my guildies working together to beat raids, I am glad that's back...

But there is no “beating this raid.” The rewards are the rewards I don’t see cg changing them except to maybe add credits??? This raid will give you about as much enjoyment as you get when you’ve finished doing 40 win with x feats in conquest if your guild ever reaches 520 million points.
  • Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

Yeah, pass on that one.

But there is no “beating this raid.” The rewards are the rewards I don’t see cg changing them except to maybe add credits??? This raid will give you about as much enjoyment as you get when you’ve finished doing 40 win with x feats in conquest if your guild ever reaches 520 million points.

Nah they probably will change the rewards. Standard mobile developer tactics. If you want to nerf something by 20% you first nerf it by 50% then when people complain you increase the rewards to that 20% nerf point. Lots of dumb people then walk away happy because the developers listened to their feedback and forget that they are still getting nerfed by 20%.
  • Drathuk916
    633 posts Member
    Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

Yeah, pass on that one.

Nah they probably will change the rewards. Standard mobile developer tactics. If you want to nerf something by 20% you first nerf it by 50% then when people complain you increase the rewards to that 20% nerf point. Lots of dumb people then walk away happy because the developers listened to their feedback and forget that they are still getting nerfed by 20%.

Ha we agree just saying things differently. You just expect more placating than I do. At most I see credits, mod slicing mats and Aeros as the bone they throw to show they are listening to the player base with a chart to show that raid one tokens are equal to legacy raids given certain assumptions. What will be ignored is the loss in get 1&2, g12 plus kyros.
  • grack
    5 posts Member
    Options
    I've been playing hard for the past 2 years. I don't mind spending money to support a game, but this is a real kick in the teeth. I was looking forward to the May the 4th activities, but this has left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I had planned to buy some crystals for double drops - no way I will do that now. I am instead evaluating if I should continue playing. I will ride out the next 2 days of double drops and see how I feel after that. The balance between "fun game to play" and "milking us for money" is beginning to tip woefully towards the bad. Too many new characters for non-whales to keep up with, thereby locking off rewards in conquest and galactic challenge, combined with a nerf of raid rewards - this is pretty rough, CG.
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    Options

OK, @CG_SBCrumb...
  • Options
    My guild just achieved the milestone to close the cpit (270M GP) and get aeromagnifiers regulary. With the new raid, we need to restart the process again. We are far, very far from getting the Mk3 raid Token. We have many new player (low spender) in the guild and many long time players (5 years+). We go 1 year backward for the guild. More then that because we can't use mercenaries now. Now, we need to change all our plan to get where we were one week ago. We love the Krayt Dragon raid, but we will be better to go back to the old raid that everybody can solo right now. We appreciate the work, but balance need to be made. That makes no sense even from CG. Happy May 4th and thanks for this great time travel experience.
  • Options
    Your mistake in that great post was thinking CG gives a rat's behind.
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1089 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    The OP has laid this out really clearly and agree 100%.

FWIW, I’ve played the new raid, enjoyed the novelty a bit (certainly more than CPit) but the rewards are clearly well below what was promised. CG need to address this urgently.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Yrendar
    13 posts Member
    Options
    I'm very sad, about that whole thing, so I add some details regarding my post above.
    They wrote, all previous raid rewards will be in one place.
    No guild tokens, (HPit, HAAT, HSTR) which was for characters, and gear, especially low level gear for low level relic mats to salvage. Gone.
    No guild event token mk1. (HSTR, CPIT) Gear on the first place, but shards as well, if needed, for characters like GAS, Malak, Hoda, etc.
    No guild event token mk2. (CPIT) Gear on the first place, but old tb characters for newer players es well.
    No shards. (HPIT, HAAT, HSTR) Gear.
    No credits. (HPIT, HAAT, HSTR, CPIT) Mods, leveling.
    No ship building materials. (HAAT, HSTR) Mods, leveling.
    No five dot mod slicing materials. (HSTR) Slice mods from store, events.
    No kyrotech in the raid store (CPIT) Oh yeah, there are some in the weekly, 5 pcs for 2k token. LoL.
    Not to mention, that we have lost the chance for getting fully crafted gear pieces as well.
    So these are the previous rewards, that come from the one new raid now. NOT!
    I am in a 480M GP guild, we ran cca 3 HPIT, 2 HAAT, 1 HSTR, 1 CPIT/week, do the math, CG, see the loss.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Why is it that 1 solo SLKR squad earns the guild more from Sith raid than 50 x Jabba AND 50 x Mandos all at R5? Looking at Conquest, once you hit 4M and earn first crate on Hard mode your rewards are better. Why isn’t the first crate in the Krayt raid worth more than max crate Sith raid?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    The saddest part of this all is that some kind of reward nerf might even be reasonable if it was done in a less heavy handed way and communicated properly. Adding new raids on top of the existing ones would inevitably bloat the rewards past the intended point, and it might have happened already. But nerfing it to the ground and straight up lying about is is not the way to handle anything. Even going as far as highlighting the lies to make sure that everyone notices them. It almost looks like they forgot to add loot boxes, but given the lack of response on the topic, it's probably not the case.
  • Lumiya
    1492 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »
    Why is it that 1 solo SLKR squad earns the guild more from Sith raid than 50 x Jabba AND 50 x Mandos all at R5? Looking at Conquest, once you hit 4M and earn first crate on Hard mode your rewards are better. Why isn’t the first crate in the Krayt raid worth more than max crate Sith raid?

This!

If you create something new that is supposed to be the "next step" it should contain everything from before and then depending on how good you do/the guild does more on top of that.

It makes no sense to have something be the next step, when it is actually a few steps back and gives you less.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Eyo
    34 posts Member
    Options
    iq0y3c5dug62.jpeg

Worth of bringing it up again.
  • Gawejn
    1123 posts Member
    Options

You need to look on reedit. There is a lot of this.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    I finished my 5x with max 300k per try, the raid has 2 days remaining and the guild is struggling to log in at the time.

And ppl are complaining about the reward of the raid that havnt finished.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    I finished my 5x with max 300k per try, the raid has 2 days remaining and the guild is struggling to log in at the time.

And ppl are complaining about the reward of the raid that havnt finished.

You can literally see exactly what the rewards will be. It isn't like it is some RNG chest you need to open before you know if it is good or not.
  • Kaerindal
    124 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Working on one now using averagish rewards (21-30 tier for hsith / 11-25 tier for cpit). Will update when I finish the breakdown.

Update: To maintain parity with minimal investment required (their words, not mine) early personal crates would need to contain...

7627 MK 1 Raid Tokens
    1852 MK 2 Raid Tokens
    750 MK 3 Raid Tokens
    4392 Guild Currency
    832 GET 1
    488 GET 2

Note: This is assuming no full piece drops, the actual amount would be a bit higher to compensate for that.
    Post edited by Kaerindal on
This discussion has been closed.