Thank you CG & Meathead for addressing our concerns so quickly (not sarcasm)

2Next

Replies

• iMalevolence
    328 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    The average GET2 from CPit was enough to buy 10 per run. That's at least 45/month, not including random drops.

okay but that falls under the GET2 not addressed umbrella

And not everyone spends GET2 on kyros, you can just say GET2 instead of X amount of kyros were subtracted

And for any account that has both GET2 capital ships, that's a kyro problem. Most players at that point were likely buying almost exclusively kyros with GET2.

And the weekly store currently only offering 2x instances of 5 LS kyros (not even any DS kyros) for a massively overpriced 2000 MK2 currency means that kyros are essentially unobtainable in the new system. And with new characters requiring 300-400 kyros a piece, it's a massive problem.

/e We could buy a little over 10 a week and still have the chance at random drops. Now we can buy 10 a week, not buy anything else with MK2, and have no chance at random drops
  • CrispyFett
    981 posts Member
    Options
    I posted my thoughts in another thread about this (maybe consolidate), but I will also say Thank you here. Thank you! Appreciate that we are being heard, and that changes are being made
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Robre wrote: »
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    Now fix the Kyro problem, either add a zero to the quantity given, or remove a zero from the MK II cost.

Game gives a lot of kyros as it is outside of the raid

SO? They took away about 60+/month that were given out by the raids w/o any replacement except the exorbitant MK II pricing.

I don’t remember getting 60 per month

Then you weren't running/participating in Challenge Pit enough. Regardless, those Kyros are gone.

4 runs a month

I wasn’t getting 20 kyros every week

Maybe there was no RNG in kyro drops and my account was bugged :thinking:

Remember that you would sometimes get full pieces. Other times you got 15 or 25. I would think it's definitely less overall than 20 per week but significantly more than you can buy now.

yes i know i would go 5 weeks without kyro and then 25 if i’m lucky

i still can’t make a bold claim like 60 a month

And i doubt anyone here got 60 kyros or more in the last 4 pit raids that were run before the raid went down

60 Kyros is saying you get kyros 3 times in boxes out of 4 runs per month

it’s such a made up claim i can’t believe you

It was more often than not I didn't get Kyros. And two of the last three Challenge Pits we ran I got a full Kyro pieces. That's 100 salvage in just two runs of that set of four. So yes, maybe I've been blessed with awesome RNG on the CPit, but I was more surpised when I didn't get kryos than when I did.

You know who can get the real average across the players running the Challenge pit? CG? You know the only person in the thread who can ask and have a chance at getting an answer? You.

You also receive ~600 each of GET1/GET2. Which buys ~10 Kyros per run. Using TVR's 4.5 Kyros pre run drop rate - thats 18 Kyros every 4 runs. Only Spending GET 2 on Kyros GET2 for Kyros gets 40 Kyros. Giving....Wait for it....

58 Kyros per month from Challenge Pit.

Regardless, those Kyros are gone. And both throttling them through the weekly shipments, and exorbitant pricing is not an equal replacement.
    Post edited by EgoSlayer on
  • Exnilox
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I mostly agree with everything commented about kyros, since the update to get 2x rewards in old gear but G12+ Kyros, i am bottlenecking in G12 a lot of toons, because lack of kyros, moreoever all new toon are requesting kyros to lvl up the Gear, not only to reach relic. I spend all my GET2 + Grand Arena tokens to get Kyros, so with Cpit gone, and GET2 gone in raids it will be way more difficult to get kyros.

So i do not mind the new way of getting kyros from raid, however the price makes no sense at all 2k for only 5. So we would get normally 10 kyros from raid, if you aiming for full rewards in sith, or less +10 kyros depending where your guild is, with dragon raid.

However i do think that Aero prices are good comparing old raids, but they are T3 tokens, it should be T2, T3 tokens should be the relic mat for R9 imo, but that's just an opinion.

But, i also understand the reason behind the split, T1 for old gear, T2 to reach relic and T3 for relic, but T3 is a huge gatekeeping right now, let's see how the patch hit, but unless they rise the T2 token or change the prices.. Kyros are not addressed.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Man, gotta love how those kyros are “helping” the gear crunch, amirite??
  • Options
    KDC99X wrote: »

Spend 2 months farming nothing but Shock Prods and then try to complain about the Bronzium Crunch, I dare you.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Ummm… what?

Spend 2 months farming nothing but Shock Prods and then try to complain about the Bronzium Crunch, I dare you.

• SkillKing
    26 posts Member
    Options
    We will see how much they buff it but I suspect this is still very much what I predicted. It is what they planned all along. They nerfed us to 50% and now they will buff us to 75% and everyone will praise them.

I think there will be some amount lost then it used to be and that's fine

That's the price / trade-off you pay for agency over randomness

Instead of getting blue trash tank gear, you can now choose to get the gear you want, but instead of 40 tank raid gear you are getting 30 droid callers etc

I do see what you are saying.

My personally largest hang up is getting Wampa, Hyoda, GAS, Malak, the Negotiator, and Melevolance just became even more difficult, and they were already pretty lengthy farms.

I recognize CG is making the guild store currency characters accessible, and I'm thankful for that, but honestly we need these characters available as well then. If we are sacrificing rewards, for choice, we need all the choices.

It doesn't make sense to take the GET1,2,3 currencies from players, and then not give us another way to farm those characters.
  • Revan110
    112 posts Member
    Options
    This is a start for improving things, much better then ignoring it and the players here. Hopefully with more time we can get more changes done as long as people keep being specific in what we want and unified with those changes we want.
  • Jacgul
    233 posts Member
    Options
    This is a step in the right direction. However, I've been wondering, this is kind of coming out of nowhere, but given the slight changes to last conquest and the conquest questionnaire beforehand, might they be revamping conquest to make up for the other lost rewards? That would ensure participation, which I believe is what they're going for.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    SkillKing wrote: »
    We will see how much they buff it but I suspect this is still very much what I predicted. It is what they planned all along. They nerfed us to 50% and now they will buff us to 75% and everyone will praise them.

I think there will be some amount lost then it used to be and that's fine

That's the price / trade-off you pay for agency over randomness

Instead of getting blue trash tank gear, you can now choose to get the gear you want, but instead of 40 tank raid gear you are getting 30 droid callers etc

I do see what you are saying.

My personally largest hang up is getting Wampa, Hyoda, GAS, Malak, the Negotiator, and Melevolance just became even more difficult, and they were already pretty lengthy farms.

I recognize CG is making the guild store currency characters accessible, and I'm thankful for that, but honestly we need these characters available as well then. If we are sacrificing rewards, for choice, we need all the choices.

It doesn't make sense to take the GET1,2,3 currencies from players, and then not give us another way to farm those characters.

I agree and I think CG will put GET / Guild Tokens / Credits etc back in the reward pool, just not on wednesday
  • Options
    Jacgul wrote: »
    This is a step in the right direction. However, I've been wondering, this is kind of coming out of nowhere, but given the slight changes to last conquest and the conquest questionnaire beforehand, might they be revamping conquest to make up for the other lost rewards? That would ensure participation, which I believe is what they're going for.

Oh Lawd! I do hope after this disaster they are not touching other reward systems to "help" us! Don't give them ideas! We already had enough "help" for the year! 😂
  • Options
    This has not been mentioned yet but having a single raid going on leaves me feeling hungry for more gameplay.

This is probably just me or maybe low-mid player who would be progressing across multiples raids.

This was an opportunity to practice or theory craft that now has been removed.

Maybe it's just me and on the contrary it's a blessing for people to free up some time, my feeling is that there's less to do in the game.

I assume that passed a certain power threshold it doesn't matter as much but, for many, that's far away.
  • Options
    Not alot changed with new raid its still the same rewards.
  • Options

What box were you getting before that it hasn't changed for you with the update? Not snark - genuinely curious. I would think there's a very small number of guilds that aren't seeing some benefit from the changes.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    The overall rewards are still significantly nerfed by any metric I’ve seen, they’ve just rearranged things to make it more worthwhile for more guilds to do the Krayt by putting the lower tiers on parity with HSTR. They even admit themselves in their own post that they haven’t changed the rewards, just the thresholds for achieving them.

They also indicated more changes to come, which is great, but just this ain’t gonna cut it.

What box were you getting before that it hasn't changed for you with the update? Not snark - genuinely curious. I would think there's a very small number of guilds that aren't seeing some benefit from the changes.

• TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    The overall rewards are still significantly nerfed by any metric I’ve seen, they’ve just rearranged things to make it more worthwhile for more guilds to do the Krayt by putting the lower tiers on parity with HSTR. They even admit themselves in their own post that they haven’t changed the rewards, just the thresholds for achieving them.

They also indicated more changes to come, which is great, but just this ain’t gonna cut it.

I've seen a study that showed at 130m guild box you are roughly equal to the old rewards with top 10 hstr finish as the baseline.

I did my own study based on my personal tracked data for 72 days of raids, where i got top 10 hstr every time, and my numbers matched up with that.

So I disagree that rewards were "significantly nerfed", at least if you reach that box.

The idea that you should have to get to 130m as a guild just to get the rewards you were previously getting is of course a separate discussion.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    The part I highlighted in bold is, I think, the crux of the argument, and where the "nerf" lies.

I've also seen Darth Loquitur's excellent video, based on the pre-change rewards track, which shows that on a purely crystal-to-crystals basis, we actually stand to make out a little better overall in HSTR (for guilds that couldn't do CPit previously), and on similar footing from 94M on up in Krayt for guilds that could. So on paper, in terms of overall compensation value, the new system is not bad at face value.

But what that doesn't take into account, is that based on the quantities of mk3 and current shop pricing, this seems to be pulling the rug out from under mid-game guilds that could do CPit, or were close to doing CPit. The pricing for especially mk2/mk3 seems a bit high, and we can't obtain all the same things with the new raid currency that we could before, not to mention not all mats are the same relative value in the game. The changes are actually overall very positive for newer guilds/players. It's the mid game guilds that are now caught in the middle. Many (most?) guilds were not able to simply shift over from the previous system to the new one, and earn equivalent rewards. Shifting the rewards earlier on the Krayt track and adding mk2/mk3 is good, but are we actually going to be getting enough mk3 to do anything worthwhile with it in those earlier boxes? Not liking the personal rewards track being gutted, at all.

I do like DL's suggestion, of adding the Bounty Hunters as a faction. A commenter also suggested, making them an allowed faction in ALL future featured raids. That's a really great idea - BH are willing to do anything for credits after all, it gives us a faction that we can invest in knowing it will always be valuable for future raids, and that has a lot of great characters that we actually want to invest in and overlap with various other journey guide farms. Adding another faction would increase the accessibility of the raid, as well as the opportunity to score higher and therefore earn better rewards.
    TVF wrote: »

So I disagree that rewards were "significantly nerfed", at least if you reach that box.

The idea that you should have to get to 130m as a guild just to get the rewards you were previously getting is of course a separate discussion.

• Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    goa0a686px8m.jpg

I think i got it from one cpit. Many players were getting kyros.

I am glad you took a screenshot of those rewards because you will never see them again, ever!
    I understand they want to take away randomness of gear drop and they want us to buy everything from guild activity store but the mk1, mk2, mk3, get1, get2 and guild tokens they give us from the reward boxes is not enough to replace what we had previously.
    You never know what you have until you loose it.
    My motto is if it is not broken don't fix it.

IMO I like the new raid system because I don't have to set my alarm for 0:00 to get top 10 rewards in HSITH.
    but I miss the rewards.
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    This should definitely be sarcasm.