Removal of 3v3

2Next

Replies

• Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Why do we care if one side gets way more engagement?

Because it then erodes both sides. You don't like 3v3? Well, good news, it's already optional. Just don't play it.

I wouldn't agree that it is optional because it is a source (for some even the main source) for crystals.

Not really a problem in the current system where players (except at the top of k1) tend to 50% win rate by design.
    The ones that are happy to choose the mode they prefer. Presumably, most would be happy playing their preferred mode all the time.

Gac test player skill in fleet, 3v3 and 5v5. If i’m better/worse in any aspect it will affect my general performance. Choosing only one to compete in is a possibility, but it will make me unhappy (big word, let’s say very, very slightly upset) as i enjoy the current game mode. I’ll risk an analogy: gac is triathlon; if someone doesn’t like swimming, they could propose to choose between swimming and running to go with cycling, but it’s a different sport then.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

Because it then erodes both sides. You don't like 3v3? Well, good news, it's already optional. Just don't play it.

I wouldn't agree that it is optional because it is a source (for some even the main source) for crystals.

Not really a problem in the current system where players (except at the top of k1) tend to 50% win rate by design.

Of course it is a problem. If you don't play a full season, especially because the system is designed for 50%, you will not automatically win every battle in the next season. And on top of that you get less crystals because you get demoted if you don't participate/ just do the 10 point battle.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    I'd argue CG implementing 3v3 took away from those of us that liked it when it was all 5v5. CG could always run them concurrently and let us all sign up for the one we prefer.

This doesn't work when the entire premise of GAC is to pit the entire player base against itself and reward based on ranking....

Then CG could just remove 3v3 from the game... or redefine their premise.

Or just keep things as they are.....

Or don't becuase many people don't like 3v3. I've heard two arguments here against letting players choose. One is that 3v3 would be underpopulated because people don't like it as much (not much of an argument for forcing people to play it). The other is that it goes against some premise that is hardly set in stone.

Or third option: Because many DO actually like it. Read the comments... way more commenting they like than dislike. I personally Love 3v3 more. It's a game mode. Not all people will like all game modes. Cool thing is you don't have to play or participate in all the modes. I don't participate in TW. See choices. Good for the longevity of the game and not burning out the player base.
    Yes, I am THE Warrior.
  • Options

The ones that are happy to choose the mode they prefer. Presumably, most would be happy playing their preferred mode all the time.

Gac test player skill in fleet, 3v3 and 5v5. If i’m better/worse in any aspect it will affect my general performance. Choosing only one to compete in is a possibility, but it will make me unhappy (big word, let’s say very, very slightly upset) as i enjoy the current game mode. I’ll risk an analogy: gac is triathlon; if someone doesn’t like swimming, they could propose to choose between swimming and running to go with cycling, but it’s a different sport then.

I hate analogies, but... these choices already exist. Some runners specialize in a single event, some try multiple, some don't focus on track because they can make more money playing a different sport, etc.

Right now, you have everyone forced into the triathlon. Folks that despise 3v3 take losses they could otherwise win because they can't be bothered. So you already don't have the competitive integrity you seem to desire.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Of course it is a problem. If you don't play a full season, especially because the system is designed for 50%, you will not automatically win every battle in the next season. And on top of that you get less crystals because you get demoted if you don't participate/ just do the 10 point battle.

If you don't participate that's on you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options

I hate analogies, but... these choices already exist. Some runners specialize in a single event, some try multiple, some don't focus on track because they can make more money playing a different sport, etc.

Right now, you have everyone forced into the triathlon. Folks that despise 3v3 take losses they could otherwise win because they can't be bothered. So you already don't have the competitive integrity you seem to desire.

Yep, I took the risky road with the analogy. But I agree with how you interpret it: everybody is forced into the triathlon and I like it that way.
    Now I won't argue that some players won't like that, just like some players don't like fleet and have to play it anyway if they want the daily crystal reward.
  • Options
    But I agree with how you interpret it: everybody is forced into the triathlon and I like it that way.

Okay then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

It was not me whom said "Just don't play it" and that it is "optional". My comment is a direct answer to that. 😉
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    Warrior_TI wrote: »
    I'd argue CG implementing 3v3 took away from those of us that liked it when it was all 5v5. CG could always run them concurrently and let us all sign up for the one we prefer.

This doesn't work when the entire premise of GAC is to pit the entire player base against itself and reward based on ranking....

Or don't becuase many people don't like 3v3. I've heard two arguments here against letting players choose. One is that 3v3 would be underpopulated because people don't like it as much (not much of an argument for forcing people to play it). The other is that it goes against some premise that is hardly set in stone.

Or third option: Because many DO actually like it. Read the comments... way more commenting they like than dislike. I personally Love 3v3 more. It's a game mode. Not all people will like all game modes. Cool thing is you don't have to play or participate in all the modes. I don't participate in TW. See choices. Good for the longevity of the game and not burning out the player base.

Ok then for the record: I don't like it
  • Options
    Warrior_TI wrote: »

I didn't say there aren't many that do like 3v3.

Why do I care about the ratio of comments in this thread for pro/anti 3v3? I don't recall making the claim that 3v3 is less popular overall.

Also, TW isn't run in place of any other game mode. Maybe you could argue it's in place of TB, but I don't think that argument holds water. They only want 2 TBs a month. So the option for TW is yay or nay, not TW or TB.

No part of your response explains why forcing people to alternate between 3s and 5s is better than providing a choice.
  • Options
    Yes, remove it. It's boring.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

It was not me whom said "Just don't play it" and that it is "optional". My comment is a direct answer to that. 😉

"Just don't play it" in this context means join, do one battle, and collect your second place rewards.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    NotoBoil wrote: »

If this was justification (one person being bored) for removing a game mode, the game would have no game modes.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options

"Just don't play it" in this context means join, do one battle, and collect your second place rewards.

Yes and my answer before that was referring exactly to that. Just read it again please. With don't play I meant exactly that: Doing the 10 point battle or not playing at all which is right at the end of my comment.

"Of course it is a problem. If you don't play a full season, especially because the system is designed for 50%, you will not automatically win every battle in the next season. And on top of that you get less crystals because you get demoted if you don't participate/ just do the 10 point battle"
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    The system designed for 50/50 doesn't mean you can't climb back up later. By dropping you fall to a place where you have easier matches and go better than 50/50.

But yes it will cost you some crystals. That's the choice you have to make.
  • Options

If this was justification (one person being bored) for removing a game mode, the game would have no game modes.

It's not just one person. Most people dislikes 3v3 and prefer 5v5 gac.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Do you have any data to back that up?.... Again, the folks that don't like something are ALWAYS more vocal than those that do....

Either way, it's not going to change... people have built rosters, invested in omicrons etc. for this game mode... It isn't going away so folk best deal with it....
  • NotoBoil
    42 posts Member
    Options

Do you have any data to back that up?.... Again, the folks that don't like something are ALWAYS more vocal than those that do....

Either way, it's not going to change... people have built rosters, invested in omicrons etc. for this game mode... It isn't going away so folk best deal with it....

I deal with it and also letting anyone listening hear my opinion. I want it removed.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    I like 3v3. 5v5 gets.boring.
  • Lovimgsaskia1
    371 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Maybe CG should introduce 6v6 just to shake it up even more, maybe we will see less complaints about 3v3 then.
    We can't say they didn't listen then to those complaining.
    Ie be careful what you wish for.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    I'd play 6v6. Probably get a bit silly but could be fun.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Let's have Grand Pie Championships.

3.14 v 3.14
  • Options
    Let's have Grand Pie Championships.

3.14 v 3.14

Does hoda count as the .14?
  • Cookiezi
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    DarthMidge wrote: »
    Can we please remove 3v3 GAC from the game!? It is the worst game mode ever implemented. I hate having to play this every other month. It's an absolute hateful experience. The only reason why I even put 10% effort into it was the fact CG s making me do it for crystal income. If we can't remove this garbage could we at least have it be optional? Or every 3 months!

The problem isn't 3v3. The problem is CG releasing broken characters that almost require GLs to beat.
    Post edited by Cookiezi on
  • Options
    I like the change between 5X5 and 3X3. As a 5.1m gp roster user, I always have better performance with 3X3.
  • Options
    I love the rotation from 3v3 to 5v5. Helps keep em both fresh and enjoyable
  • Screerider
    1360 posts Member
    Options
    It used to only be every 3rd or 4th GAC... and there also used to be Fleetless GACs as well. I wouldn't mind the variety.
  • DeusArt
    133 posts Member
    Options
    3v3 is great mode. I also would like to see 1v1 mode as something new.
  • Options
    DeusArt wrote: »
    3v3 is great mode. I also would like to see 1v1 mode as something new.

Hm - it’s not that I’m against variety but wouldn’t that rather militate against a whole bunch of toons that are designed to support or interact with others?