Malgus proving grounds

Angry_Owl46
7 posts Member
edited July 2023
Why do we need end game teams to beat an event aimed at mid game players?
This event seems intentionally bugged to ensure it is unwinnable by 95% of the players to force them to buy packs.
Why else would they need to super juice an already strong team?
Then most kits do not work properly in this battle.
I wish the game worked properly, I would love to whale on my account, but I refuse to financially support this
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    The Malgus tier is beatable by a GL, one which is easily accessible for mid game players. The difficulty of PG is dependent on how you’ve focused your roster. That’s on you, not CG.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • UdalCuain
    5042 posts Member
    Options
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Then most kits do not work properly in this battle

Such as?

I'd noticed that CUP's usually destructive firepower to be underwhelming in this event.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Such as?

I'd noticed that CUP's usually destructive firepower to be underwhelming in this event.

Not many comments on here surprise me anymore but this was an unexpected joy. Now I've got to clean up my beer I just spit everywhere
  • Options

Such as?

Traya is supposed to cleanse all debuffs, key word is "ALL"
    Gg metaloid monstrosity does not kick in when a droid dies
    Malak is supposed to take a bonus turn when his health hits specific thresholds, it does not work
    Malak is supposed to take reduced damage from max health based attacks, except malgus hits Malak with a max health attack and instantly kills Malak
  • Options
    The Malgus tier is beatable by a GL, one which is easily accessible for mid game players. The difficulty of PG is dependent on how you’ve focused your roster. That’s on you, not CG.

Just because GLs are mid game accessible does mean they are mid game teams
    Early game is building teams, mid game is building fleets, end game is filling in your roster with GLs

Once again, GLS are end game
  • Lumiya
    1575 posts Member
    Options

Early game is building teams, mid game is building fleets, end game is filling in your roster with GLs

I would say that was true a while ago but not anymore. GLs are definitely mid game considering how much everything has changed (for example GAC), power creep and the speed new things come out.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1105 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Such as?

Malak is supposed to take a bonus turn when his health hits specific thresholds, it does not work
    Malak is supposed to take reduced damage from max health based attacks, except malgus hits Malak with a max health attack and instantly kills Malak

Context and more information here would be important. For instance, if you are talking about fear, that can't be cleansed by Traya, its not dispellable. Don't know about GG, but if he was inflicted with fear at the time that his bonus turn kicked in, say if someone died due to DRs leap then that could appear as though it wasn't working. If Malak takes too much damage and passes through the thresholds the damage inflicted doesn't simply stop there, so he can be killed in a single stroke. Similarly, if he was inflicted with fear simultaneously as triggering a bonus turn that would seemingly prevent a bonus turn. Finally, Malak takes reduced damage from percentage health damage effects. This refers to DOTs, burning etc. Max health based damage like Malgus does (also GG and Malak himself) are a different sort of damage.

Disagree. If you have the GP to take part in proving grounds (4M) then you have access to the resources to have built multiple GLs. If you have chosen other priorities that is your prerogative, but it doesn't change the fact that those things are accessible and achievable to you. If you are intending to get every other fleet and JG character before starting on GLs you may well be waiting a long time to unlock your first GL.

Simply declaring all GLs to be endgame does not make that necessarily true.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Solem_Phyxx
    71 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I find all the comments about wrong roster focusing and match ups hilarious...
    PG is meant as a catch mechanism for accounts not ready for this particular conquest to unlock the unit afterwards. And the last few battles failed pretty hard at that, requiring very specific toons and strategies to win, making the catch up part very hard.
    The new swolo battle seems better, but I would hazard that having 4 million GP as a prerequisite, should be enough of a entry barrier.
    I had no problems with any of the PG, even if I only managed to 3* the tie interceptor Pg this time, but they should be actually manageable for most 4 mil GP players.
  • DarthA
    44 posts Member
    Options

Not by SLKR or SEE
  • Options

Such as?

Context and more information here would be important. For instance, if you are talking about fear, that can't be cleansed by Traya, its not dispellable. Don't know about GG, but if he was inflicted with fear at the time that his bonus turn kicked in, say if someone died due to DRs leap then that could appear as though it wasn't working. If Malak takes too much damage and passes through the thresholds the damage inflicted doesn't simply stop there, so he can be killed in a single stroke. Similarly, if he was inflicted with fear simultaneously as triggering a bonus turn that would seemingly prevent a bonus turn. Finally, Malak takes reduced damage from percentage health damage effects. This refers to DOTs, burning etc. Max health based damage like Malgus does (also GG and Malak himself) are a different sort of damage.

Disagree. If you have the GP to take part in proving grounds (4M) then you have access to the resources to have built multiple GLs. If you have chosen other priorities that is your prerogative, but it doesn't change the fact that those things are accessible and achievable to you. If you are intending to get every other fleet and JG character before starting on GLs you may well be waiting a long time to unlock your first GL.

Two contradicting kits face each other in battle, only one can be true.
    The problem is you can't have one kit that says dispel ALL debuffs, and another kit that inflicts debuffs that cant be dispelled.
    GAS can kill malgus in every single game mode except pg. Let that sink in with all the mid game accessible GLs that can't win the battle either.
  • Options

Such as?

Malak has full health, gets hit hard enough to put him in the red, and he just stands there
    Malak takes reduced damage from max health effects, including an attack that does damage based on the max health of the attacker like malgus, and this attack kills Malak from full health. But if you hit malgus with a max health based attack like from grievous, it basically bounces off.
    The event cant be more obviously broken.
  • Options
    I find all the comments about wrong roster focusing and match ups hilarious...
    PG is meant as a catch mechanism for accounts not ready for this particular conquest to unlock the unit afterwards. And the last few battles failed pretty hard at that, requiring very specific toons and strategies to win, making the catch up part very hard.
    The new swolo battle seems better, but I would hazard that having 4 million GP as a prerequisite, should be enough of a entry barrier.
    I had no problems with any of the PG, even if I only managed to 3* the tie interceptor Pg this time, but they should be actually manageable for most 4 mil GP players.

This is absolutely true, but IMO the crux of this is in your last clause. “manageable”. I expect you’d agree that it shouldn’t be achievable for everyone immediately at 3* after all unlocking these toons through conquest usually involved roster development over the 6 seasons they were in reward chests. Should anyone be able to do it, at least at 1*, after a month of investment? Yes. But then even the hardest tiers have had non-GL 1* teams that could beat them. It might mean farming specifically for that event, but why is that wrong, and I think this is what a lot of players don’t like. I know I worked on my sith trio to be able to 1* the TIE Int event. It was a priority so that was where resources went. Maybe we’ll have to agree to disagree on the level for “manageable”. MTFBWY
  • Options
    DarthA wrote: »

Not by SLKR or SEE

Beatable with SEE.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/134xj8b/proving_grounds_darth_malgus/
  • Options

Such as?

Malak has full health, gets hit hard enough to put him in the red, and he just stands there
    Malak takes reduced damage from max health effects, including an attack that does damage based on the max health of the attacker like malgus, and this attack kills Malak from full health. But if you hit malgus with a max health based attack like from grievous, it basically bounces off.

It sounds like you are having issues with the mechanics in the game, which apply in all game modes not working in the way that you want in this specific event. Expecting PvE toons to be like the rest of the game is also not realistic. Have you played TB? Finally, this is just not true Malak takes reduced damage from max health effects, including an attack that does damage based on the max health of the attacker. You can’t just reinterpret game mechanics to suit you, you have to play the game as coded by CG. I expect your issues around Malak and bonus turns are down to Fear or another mechanic you aren’t accounting for, given that no one else is reporting similar issues. If you have proof you should submit it as a bug report, but I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you.
  • KDC99X
    762 posts Member
    Options
    Malgus does damage to an opponent based on HIS OWN max health, not the target’s. Units like Malak and KRU that take reduced damage from max health based attacks, are referring to attacks doing damage based on THEIR OWN max health, like expose damage.

Such as?

• Options

Not at all, or not by any GL.

I've been trying with different alignments, teams, mods configurations... Nothing, not with my SLKR. the last GA I've beaten three accounts with three GL, one with a full wipeout, but still I can't beat the malgus nor the tie proving grounds...

zt1qezbvgqri.png

gbd1qeumxt5l.png

rl35kfqomse1.png

Usually during conquest I spend between 1'5/2 hours a day, as you can see the past two days I've been playing more... 6 hours. I've been modding, or fighting malgus and the inquisitors for 6 hours, and yet, even having "potentially useful" teams for proving grounds, I didn't get a star in any of those fights.
  • Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    Malgus does damage to an opponent based on HIS OWN max health, not the target’s. Units like Malak and KRU that take reduced damage from max health based attacks, are referring to attacks doing damage based on THEIR OWN max health, like expose damage.

Such as?

The kit description says Malak takes reduced damage from max health based attacks. Nowhere does it say anything referring to specific circumstances.

When you do the math, proving grounds was released as an event for mid game players to catch up. Which is false.
    Kits not working as worded, and contradicting each other. There is a pattern here.
    I did report this as a bug. And I submitted proof.
    I'm surprised nobody else is paying attention.
    I know a lot people that try 1 battle and never go back after their newly paid for GL gets wiped in seconds.
    I'm sure some are reporting the bug, but most just learn their money is being wasted on teams that cant be used.
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1105 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Such as?

The kit description says Malak takes reduced damage from max health based attacks. Nowhere does it say anything referring to specific circumstances.

You’re literally, factually, 100% wrong. It’s percent health damage effects.

xkvoi46drhc7.png
  • Options

Not at all, or not by any GL.

I've been trying with different alignments, teams, mods configurations... Nothing, not with my SLKR. the last GA I've beaten three accounts with three GL, one with a full wipeout, but still I can't beat the malgus nor the tie proving grounds...

zt1qezbvgqri.png

gbd1qeumxt5l.png

rl35kfqomse1.png

Usually during conquest I spend between 1'5/2 hours a day, as you can see the past two days I've been playing more... 6 hours. I've been modding, or fighting malgus and the inquisitors for 6 hours, and yet, even having "potentially useful" teams for proving grounds, I didn't get a star in any of those fights.

My initial pint was simply that it could be done with at least one GL, not necessarily all. However…

How to beat TIE int with SLKR.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/10vq9nn/how_to_beat_tie_interceptor_proving_grounds_with/

I’m not going to bother finding how to to the Malgus one with SLKR. You should be able to do a Google search on your own. It might involve nasty RNG, but so have so many events before it.
  • Options

Such as?

xkvoi46drhc7.png

And malgus does damage with a health based affect. Im 100% correct.
  • TVF
    36747 posts Member
    Options

Such as?

xkvoi46drhc7.png

you said "The kit description says Malak takes reduced damage from max health based attacks."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • UdalCuain
    5042 posts Member
    Options

Such as?

xkvoi46drhc7.png

This isn't what Malak takes reduced damage from though. It's attacks on him that are based on HIS OWN Max Health. Things like Damage Over Time, Thermal Detonators, Plague, Rex's Aerial Advantage and an enemy Malak's Drain Life to name a few.

Malgus's attack is based on his (Malgus's) Max Health, so Malak won't take reduced damage from it.
  • Options

Such as?

xkvoi46drhc7.png

Even if you don’t want to listen to me, you should look at what other posters are saying. Max health based damage and percent health effects are different mechanics. One is based on the health of the attacker, the other on the health of the recipient.

In this case you are 100% wrong, and despite being a percent, the wrongness is not reduced by Malak’s unique. It’s an exception to that rule.