Leviathan isn’t pushing the meta…

Replies

• Options
    CG put a ship out that was under-tested and as such, currently suffering from multiple bugs. And yet - bugged and all, it's still beating the two previous meta ships. It's been out less than a week, so it seems a bit early for people to be that upset, IMO.

I'm getting Lord Vader / "Lord Failure" vibes here. All the angst about how high the requirements were (or are) but still beatable. But also really strong.

So I'm not sure what people expect. My guess is by the time the bugs are sorted out, it'll be the dominant capital ship but may still incur losses on defence outside of just mirrors. I think that's the way it has worked in the past. Dominant, yes, but still beatable.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    CG put a ship out that was under-tested and as such, currently suffering from multiple bugs. And yet - bugged and all, it's still beating the two previous meta ships. It's been out less than a week, so it seems a bit early for people to be that upset, IMO.

I'm getting Lord Vader / "Lord Failure" vibes here. All the angst about how high the requirements were (or are) but still beatable. But also really strong.

So I'm not sure what people expect. My guess is by the time the bugs are sorted out, it'll be the dominant capital ship but may still incur losses on defence outside of just mirrors. I think that's the way it has worked in the past.

Dominant, yes, but still beatable.

As has been stated here, Levi should be competing vs exec and profund at 5*. Just as has been the case for previous ships. It currently cannot compete at 5*, is barely useable at 6* and just breaks even at 7*. This is clearly NOT a ship that is pushing the meta in its current state. We will see once fixes roll out how it performs but right now lack of offense on the ships that are under it is causing a big issue vs profundity teams. Unless they bring a buff to their offense I don’t see this pushing anything even at 7star.

• Options
    I was hoping by now to have a statement from CG saying either it's performing as expected or not, or have the bugs fixed. frustrating to go into anther round of GAC with this in limbo
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Hortus wrote: »
    Fun fact. On day one Leviathan which "isn't pushing the meta" got 16% in top-1 swgoh.gg meta report. That's definitely far from slowest "push" I've seen amongst new metas.

This number didn't go higher (which is understandable because all who could get it did it pretty fast). But it also didn't fell - which is pretty strange given how weak this ship is, according to the forums. :)

Many players switched back to Profundity

Their loss is my gain. Levi vs Prof is way more reliable than Exec vs Prof.

Prof v Prof is SEBAI

What does SEBAI mean?

On topic, I can’t recall when I last lost a prof mirror in arena, not sure if I might have lost once with Prof vs Exec in the past few weeks.
    Haven’t lost yet with Prof vs Levi.

I’m still questioning why I got Levi to 7* day one, answer is the hope of a quick round of bug fixes. Still waiting.

My Prof is 5*, so I don’t use it in arena.
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    My Exec vs Prof is pretty consistent. Consistent enough at least with TIE Bomber.

Except for the couple RNG checks, sure. I was losing once or twice per climb with Exec vs Prof. Now I lose zero times per climb.
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Fun fact. On day one Leviathan which "isn't pushing the meta" got 16% in top-1 swgoh.gg meta report. That's definitely far from slowest "push" I've seen amongst new metas.

This number didn't go higher (which is understandable because all who could get it did it pretty fast). But it also didn't fell - which is pretty strange given how weak this ship is, according to the forums. :)

Prof v Prof is SEBAI

What does SEBAI mean?

On topic, I can’t recall when I last lost a prof mirror in arena, not sure if I might have lost once with Prof vs Exec in the past few weeks.
    Haven’t lost yet with Prof vs Levi.

I’m still questioning why I got Levi to 7* day one, answer is the hope of a quick round of bug fixes. Still waiting.

My Prof is 5*, so I don’t use it in arena.
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    My Exec vs Prof is pretty consistent. Consistent enough at least with TIE Bomber.

Except for the couple RNG checks, sure. I was losing once or twice per climb with Exec vs Prof. Now I lose zero times per climb.

And your 5 star profundity could probably beat Leviathan, so...
  • Options
    the problem with leviathan is that it's terrible at low stars and 7* it does just enough; it's a nice ship to have but considering chimera beats ex triple attacker, finalizer beats ex w/ bossk, and tarkin beats profundity...those are 3 fleets with 0 overlap. they all do what lev does without the massive relic investment (plus $$ or crystals to 7* the ship, as it's unusable at low stars).
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Options

Imagine, that at home you have a slow-cooker. The one you got for $50 3 years ago. You are using it every day and it is working nicely.
    One day you was in shop and consultant started selling you a new slow-cooker. Of brand new model. That is ahead better then any other slow-cooker. New regimes, that will make your dishes softer then ever. Requires 3 times less oil, so dishes are much healthier.... And so on and so forth. So after all that glorious marketing you decided to buy new great slow-cooker for $200
    And at home you find that it is cooking not better than your old $50 one. But it is also overheating in prosess. And sause may leak on table. And cleaning it is a pain...

Will you be angry? Will you wish to go back to shop and demand you money back for that garbage? Or just think "that's OK, at least it is switching on!"

Oh, and when you went to write and angry comment in Internet other people start telling you: why are you engry? It a new model! Don't expect it to work as advertised! Just give it to service senter and maybe some of it problems will be fixed! Or maybe not... Or may be in half a year... Or maybe never... But don't be upset, just smile and enjoy buying that new slow-cooker XD
  • Options
    Just an information: How Levi works in the TB campain? Thanks
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Ratinira wrote: »

Imagine, that at home you have a slow-cooker. The one you got for $50 3 years ago. You are using it every day and it is working nicely.
    One day you was in shop and consultant started selling you a new slow-cooker. Of brand new model. That is ahead better then any other slow-cooker. New regimes, that will make your dishes softer then ever. Requires 3 times less oil, so dishes are much healthier.... And so on and so forth. So after all that glorious marketing you decided to buy new great slow-cooker for $200
    And at home you find that it is cooking not better than your old $50 one. But it is also overheating in prosess. And sause may leak on table. And cleaning it is a pain...

Will you be angry? Will you wish to go back to shop and demand you money back for that garbage? Or just think "that's OK, at least it is switching on!"

Oh, and when you went to write and angry comment in Internet other people start telling you: why are you engry? It a new model! Don't expect it to work as advertised! Just give it to service senter and maybe some of it problems will be fixed! Or maybe not... Or may be in half a year... Or maybe never... But don't be upset, just smile and enjoy buying that new slow-cooker XD

Or you could just inform yourself before and not buy on day one? Especially when you know that the other slow cookers of the same company performed poorly on release?

Tbh, if someone came up and told me they bought something for a nice amount of money and they dont know anything about except what the ads say about it and now it sucks, my reaction would be S2BU too.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Options
    I_JnK_I wrote: »

Or you could just inform yourself before and not buy on day one? Especially when you know that the other slow cookers of the same company performed poorly on release?

Tbh, if someone came up and told me they bought something for a nice amount of money and they dont know anything about except what the ads say about it and now it sucks, my reaction would be S2BU too.

Please, re-reade the quote I was answering, there is a connection....

P.s. The whole concept "customer shouldnt be upset if they got a bad product, it is customers fault for buying it after all, so customer should be happy and smiling" seems a little bit wrong to me
  • Options
    LastNeuron wrote: »
    Just an information: How Levi works in the TB campain? Thanks

Bad. Geonosis (ROTE DS#2) ship battle is still unbeatable with it.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Options

P.s. The whole concept "customer shouldnt be upset if they got a bad product, it is customers fault for buying it after all, so customer should be happy and smiling" seems a little bit wrong to me

I did not say that. To put it in that words, i said: "The customer couldnt wait to inform themselves past the "better than ever" mark and now the product doesnt meet up to their expectations. Will you be provided a better product in time? Yes. Does the new product still does its job? Seemingly."

I did not say you should be happy about it. It has bugs. But given the fact that cg literally never gets up to their expectations, i would say ignoring the chances they mess up this time would be very idealistic.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I did not say you should be happy about it. It has bugs. But given the fact that cg literally never gets up to their expectations, i would say ignoring the chances they mess up this time would be very idealistic.

Pretty sure both Revans, GAS, Rey, JMK, and Profun all exceeded expectations and crushed their respective metas on release.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Options
    Figgured an exaggeration could be too much here
  • wharp
    219 posts Member
    Options
    All talks is about PvP, any use of the Leviathan in RoTE TB?

It got wrecked, Levi and sith fleet rely heavily on debuff but couldn't put any except bombs when B-28 get hit since there is too much tenacity on the enemy fleet, it got destroyed on all these assists and finally, sith fleet is really slow.
  • Options
    For me this was the breaking point of disappointment. Conquest hurt when they changed it, detacrons, and the unending Krayt raid.
    It's just frustrating to want to enjoy the new ship and I'm sure many of you wanted to love this ship because of KOTOR.
  • Options
    Wonder if CG even knows that leviathan's special 1 that kills the 1st enemy reinforcement is broken in gac lol
    I will definitely be requesting a refund for the crystals i bought and for wasting my time
  • herd_nerfer
    1968 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    the problem with leviathan is that it's terrible at low stars and 7* it does just enough; it's a nice ship to have but considering chimera beats ex triple attacker, finalizer beats ex w/ bossk, and tarkin beats profundity...those are 3 fleets with 0 overlap. they all do what lev does without the massive relic investment (plus $$ or crystals to 7* the ship, as it's unusable at low stars).

Why does everyone keep going on about low star viability? Low stars are a temporary condition. Who cares how it performs at low stars, and why should there be any expectation that ANY unit is going to perform well before it's fully upgraded? Some units work well at low stars, others don't. No one cares about it after they get to 7*, which everyone will do eventually.

Who's happy about it though? No one is happy about the bugs - no one is defending the bugs - but we also shouldn't be making any assumptions about Leviathans strength as a fleet until the bugs are fixed. We just don't have a good enough picture to know. Should we? Yes. But we don't. People are saying "be patient" because we really don't have a choice. Throwing venom and vitriol at CG on the forums isn't going to fix anything any faster - it just gives anyone reading a false impression about the strength of the fleet.

What we do know is that even with the bugs, it's still doing it's job and I'll echo StarSons earlier statement in saying that I haven't fallen out of the top 10 in fleet arena in the past week. That's really unusual in my shard. So you all keep not using Leviathan, or hold your position of not farming it. Please. That gives me and all the other early adopters a huge advantage in both GAC and fleet arena.

As I keep using Leviathan, I keep getting better at using Leviathan. Mirrors are even getting easier and I'm nearly ready to back away from my initial impression that all mirrors are simple coin-flips. That doesn't seem to be the case. I'm really starting to feel that when all the bugs get fixed, this fleet is absolutely going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Post edited by EA_Mako on
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Options
    VladoVDD wrote: »

jeez - you need just a few more posts to reach 7k and the system will begin to write automatically comments to excuse CG for all the crap done - keep it up

i'm just astonished how some people can take all the garbage thrown at them constantly and excuse it (also constantly) thus supporting the bad practices to continue instead of insisting changes for better and for all of us (if not paid for that - it really isn't normal imo)

I think you've sorely misjudged StarSon. It looks like he and I are on the same page on this one though.

Why does everyone keep going on about low star viability? Low stars are a temporary condition. Who cares how it performs at low stars, and why should there be any expectation that ANY unit is going to perform well before it's fully upgraded? Some units work well at low stars, others don't. No one cares about it after they get to 7*, which everyone will do eventually.

What we do know is that even with the bugs, it's still doing it's job and I'll echo StarSons earlier statement in saying that I haven't fallen out of the top 10 in fleet arena in the past week. That's really unusual in my shard. So you all keep not using Leviathan, or hold your position of not farming it. Please. That gives me and all the other early adopters a huge advantage in both GAC and fleet arena.

As I keep using Leviathan, I keep getting better at using Leviathan. Mirrors are even getting easier and I'm nearly ready to back away from my initial impression that all mirrors are simple coin-flips. That doesn't seem to be the case. I'm really starting to feel that when all the bugs get fixed, this fleet is absolutely going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Well, good for both of you, I fly away not only from top 10, but also from top 20 with my 7* Leviathan. And I have Malgus at R9, Marauder at R8 and SF and Dagger at R7 so there is even not much room for upgrading them (and even less for believing it will have any impact).
    So sorry for not sharing your enthusiasm about its great defencive abilities 🙂

On offence... it works, yes. Spend 2 min hitting tank that is healing quicker then you damage it, then summon Mark, oneshot tank and press auto to kill other 2 ships. Working? - yes. Looking like its worth its price and advertising? - Not that much.
  • Options
    VladoVDD wrote: »

jeez - you need just a few more posts to reach 7k and the system will begin to write automatically comments to excuse CG for all the crap done - keep it up

i'm just astonished how some people can take all the garbage thrown at them constantly and excuse it (also constantly) thus supporting the bad practices to continue instead of insisting changes for better and for all of us (if not paid for that - it really isn't normal imo)

I think you've sorely misjudged StarSon. It looks like he and I are on the same page on this one though.

Who's happy about it though? No one is happy about the bugs - no one is defending the bugs - but we also shouldn't be making any assumptions about Leviathans strength as a fleet until the bugs are fixed. We just don't have a good enough picture to know. Should we? Yes. But we don't. People are saying "be patient" because we really don't have a choice. Throwing venom and vitriol at CG on the forums isn't going to fix anything any faster - it just gives anyone reading a false impression about the strength of the fleet.

Regarding your mirror comment, I’m curious if you’re facing 7 star Levi’s with R8+ Marauders and Sith Assassin in starting lineup rather than Dagger. That’s the meta as far as I can tell for mirrors. I find that’s a 50/50 coin flip 100% of the time.
  • Options

All due respect - you don't care about low star viability because you have a 7* Levi. This is the reason you don't understand why "everyone keeps going on about low star viability." You don't have a 4,5,6* Levi so either make an attempt to understand the people that do or stay out of the conversation being had by the people that are talking about the performance of a 4,5,6* Levi.
  • LordDirt
    5052 posts Member
    Options
    4*-6* Capital ships should not push the meta
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    4*-6* Capital ships should not push the meta

Should not or has not? Did Executor push the meta at 4,5,6*? What about Profundity?
    In this particular case, CG explicitly said this ship would define the meta. Those two points lead to a low star ship (per history) performing very well vs meta ships and this one will not be an exception (per CG comments).

You can personally not want low-star ships to drive change but history is they do and CG backed that up with their comments.
  • LordDirt
    5052 posts Member
    Options
    7* is the standard. No one expects GLs to dominate at 4*
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • EdSolo
    415 posts Member
    Options
    I win every day with 5* Profundity. I beat 7* Profundity all the time. Haven't tried 7* Levithan yet to see how I perform against that. My 5* Levi got utterly smoked the one time I tried it. I did use it against Tarkin in GAC and won without issue. Will probably drop a few crystals to 6* Profundity in a few days. I'm a favorite target in arena since I don't run a 7* ship. The mirror match is generally a breeze. Probably lose 1 out of 20 at most.
  • OmegaIV
    107 posts Member
    Options
    I think a whole lot of Leviathan's problems can be traced back to three of its four activated abilities being only usable once per battle. I think there's a solution for this, but it would be pretty text-heavy. Basically, I think that Seize The Bridge needs to function similarly to the Ultimate abilities for Sith Eternal Emperor and Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, in that when you use it, some of the abilities it already has are replaced with new abilities.

Either do that, or have the abilities replace themselves after their first use. Make it thematic. After 'Sabotage the Hangars,' have an ability called 'Fighter Support' that buffs your team. After 'Sabotage the Engines,' turn it into 'Chase Them Down.' After 'Seize The Bridge,' maybe gain 'Pincer Maneuver' or something like that. Have the powerful effect that seizes the enemy ship be a one-time thing, and then give us something else in its place. Even if it starts on cooldown, it would be something we can use rather than having a Capital Ship capable of nothing but using its Basic and calling in reinforcements.

The Leviathan has powerful abilities, but the fact that it loses access to almost all of its abilities permanently is a big failure. Hell, just let us keep the stuff already there that doesn't hurt the enemy but still helps our own guys. And this is just me spit-balling ideas off the top of my head. I'm not a game designer or even a top-tier player. I'm just a regular guy with some ideas who hopes that something will be done to make Leviathan as good as it ought to be.

Simple fix. STB should disallow ships to gain any and all buffs.

Problem solved.
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options

While I agree with your general position, I don't think you can really compare ships with toons, since ships don't have gear or mods.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Especially since they unlock at 7 :)

That being said, I am wrecking everything in fleet arena with a 6 star Levi and take first every day by knocking out a 7 star Prof after their payout.... I think that's perfectly fair and I also think that anyone who thought that Leviathan would be good at 4 stars probably didn't take the 2 minutes required to actually read it's kit...
  • TargetEadu
    1596 posts Member
    Options

Pretty sure both Revans, GAS, Rey, JMK, and Profun all exceeded expectations and crushed their respective metas on release.

DR gets two little asterisks to that, being on release he felt a little weak without Malak, and then even Malak needed a small buff to stop EP Empire from rolling over them.