Discuss the latest Conquest communication

2Next

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    What's significant about October 4th

Its National Taco Day!!!
  • Options
    Is the conquest energy regen slower this season?
  • Options
    Conquest should be fun. Not feel like you’re losing a slugfest. This may be the first of many conquests that I don’t buy a pass.
  • Options
    Ahnaldt made a good video comparing what it used to be to what it is now. It used to be a lot more enjoyable, but now is downright painful and annoying. We work harder and get worse rewards for our trouble. Xaereth also put out a video with Sarah and I am feeling much the same as they are. Why am I putting myself through this since the game is becoming less and less enjoyable. And yes I do spend money on this game CG - main is at 11.4m with all 8 GL's at ultmate, alt is at 8.5m with 5 GL's.

If CG doesn't listen to us, I hope they at least listen to their content creators. They are the ones that provide all the free advertising for the game.
  • Options
    Almost end of business day here in california, are they coming with a fix today, like they stated they were aiming for yesterday? Any Communication or compensation right now would be great, Radio Silence :/
  • Options
    Decicrim wrote: »
    Almost end of business day here in california, are they coming with a fix today, like they stated they were aiming for yesterday? Any Communication or compensation right now would be great, Radio Silence :/

Message in game for update at 23:15 UTC
  • Options
    I hope the 120 conquest energy is not the "make good". (this is after the update)
  • Options
    hsv216 wrote: »
    I hope the 120 conquest energy is not the "make good". (this is after the update)

Seems like it is.... Face meet palm.
  • Options

Seems like it is.... Face meet palm.

If it is that is a massive slap in the face.
  • Options
    I honestly can't believe that this is the thanks we get for playing this game. I'm beyond disappointed.
  • Options
    Haven't gotten even the conquest energy yet - wondering if that is coming out in phases? This conquest is ridiculously bad. I could see if they warned us that they were going to really amp up conquest to make it more challenging. No comms though and no clue how anything will play.

Discs - all mine are bad, keep waiting for something decent
    Fiasco on Sector 1 Mini boss - embarrassing
    Amped up enemy squads - unnecessary
    Grindy Quests - MORE? Why? It was already too grundy

Overall, not fun at all and definitely not going to make me drop money on the pass again. Honestly, it seems like they figured out that the best way to get people to buy the pass was to put a really good disc in it, and then take all the other discs away. Without good discs this is going to be a thankless unenjoyable two week grind.
  • Options

@Patrick_LJenkins added:
    Seems like it is...

Please remember that this is how they worded the bit about update and compensation:
    The team has investigated the issue with Conquest Hard and will be taking action to adjust it (Aiming for the update tomorrow).

Once the update is out, and deemed fixed, we will be sending a make good to players.

Since the 120 free Conquest energy was sent at the same time as the update, they had no time (at that point) to look at data and "deem [the problems] fixed".

It was generally expected that there would be a time gap between any fix and any "make good". The fact that they sent 120 energy right away should be seen as a proactive step and not the final decision on exactly how much havoc these problems caused to a 2-week event that requires consistent input over 10-11 days to complete.

The difficulty for them includes not only what is fair for the majority of players, but also what is fair for people who are (just for example) going on vacation next week and thought that they could get things done before vacation and now can't. And, of course, they can consider that, but there will be some people who were on vacation for the first couple of days and were planning on finishing Conquest by using the last 10-12 days instead of the first 10-12. Those people were very possibly not inconvenienced at all.

They'll figure something out, and it won't be perfect because the player base is diverse and different people have been impacted differently. I am not saying don't complain or that I know for a fact that the make good will be "good". I'm just saying that we have info that the 120 energy is not the make good that they were talking about, and we should wait until that comes in before we make our criticisms about the 120 energy.
  • Options
    There is nothing in this comp package for "inconvenience" though..... It's not all about sending the average loss compensation out, it's also about an apology.... I usually have their back, but this is lacking.

I will be ok and will get my usual gold box after some scrambling and extra tiime spent but nothing in this package indicates that they apologize ..
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options
    There is nothing in this comp package for "inconvenience" though

There hasn't been a comp package at all yet. That's the point. They said the make good would come AFTER evaluating the fix. They just sent the fix. They'll be acquiring data overnight and then when they come in to work tomorrow morning they'll have numbers that they can look at that tell them whether things are, in fact, WAI now.

Once they have those numbers and things are WAI, well THEN they decide on and send the make good. You can't judge it now since it hasn't even been decided yet, much less sent out.
  • Options
    There is nothing in this comp package for "inconvenience" though

There hasn't been a comp package at all yet. That's the point. They said the make good would come AFTER evaluating the fix. They just sent the fix. They'll be acquiring data overnight and then when they come in to work tomorrow morning they'll have numbers that they can look at that tell them whether things are, in fact, WAI now.

Once they have those numbers and things are WAI, well THEN they decide on and send the make good. You can't judge it now since it hasn't even been decided yet, much less sent out.

Fair.... You are doing a much better job of communication than they are :)
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options
    Extend conquest bye 2 days then we get time lost back and everyone only lost a bit of crystals if they did refreshes.
  • Options
    don't lie to us
  • Options
    no communication
  • Options
    Communication is as always really bad. Atm I'm one of the person who have to make a decision. Should I play this game any longer?

When the conquest will be more grindy then I need to stop this game. Today I need to do 13 TB battles, 5 battles for the raid, my fleet arena battles and the conquest. I think I will need 2h till 2.5h for all this battles.

I spend some money for this game but with this time intense game modes I can't afford it anylonger. Ofc I could switch to a casual guild but I love my guild members that's the reason why I still play this game...
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I haven't even get a message with free energy, consumables and shards I have seen other people got...
  • Options
    This was honestly par for the course for cg. I still enjoy the game but I honestly will likely go back to spending nothing. Make goods should always be more generous than what was actually lost by the average player. Make goods should make the player feel like the company actually feels bad for failing instead cg obviously is trying to get away with the least amount of compensation possible for screwing up
  • Options
    Agree that make goods should definitely err on the side of generosity. Because of the apology note with the CWC shards and consumables, I am now concerned that we've seen the sum total of what they consider a make good for this, and ... I don't think it's appropriate. I think it's going to be far from sufficient just to put some of the worst affected people back where they should be. Will this make things even for most people? Sure, probably. But then the apology is only 3 CWC shards worth. I love the 3CWC tradition. I think it's funny and as an in-joke makes the player base (or at least some of us) feel seen, feel connected with CG. It makes (some of us) feel like CG understands something about the player culture that has developed over 7 years. So while I am glad that the CWC shards are there... they have a purpose that's very separate from an apology or making up for frustration, much less making up for problems caused for people who are going to be severely impacted by the reduction in time available to work on feats. (Imagine someone going on vacation in the middle of next week, so they only have 8-10 days to do all the feats...and have now lost 2 of those days.)

I've been encouraging people to wait until we know we've gotten the make good before criticizing its contents... but based on the apology note in the in-box message and how that's worked before, I think we HAVE gotten the make good and it is not good.
  • Options
    I've been encouraging people to wait until we know we've gotten the make good before criticizing its contents... but based on the apology note in the in-box message and how that's worked before, I think we HAVE gotten the make good and it is not good.

There should have been crystals. The energy they gave amounted to what, 100? People probably burned a good bit more than that banging their heads against those bosses. And some DC mats would also have been appropriate.
  • Options
    Agree that make goods should definitely err on the side of generosity. Because of the apology note with the CWC shards and consumables, I am now concerned that we've seen the sum total of what they consider a make good for this, and ... I don't think it's appropriate. I think it's going to be far from sufficient just to put some of the worst affected people back where they should be. Will this make things even for most people? Sure, probably. But then the apology is only 3 CWC shards worth. I love the 3CWC tradition. I think it's funny and as an in-joke makes the player base (or at least some of us) feel seen, feel connected with CG. It makes (some of us) feel like CG understands something about the player culture that has developed over 7 years. So while I am glad that the CWC shards are there... they have a purpose that's very separate from an apology or making up for frustration, much less making up for problems caused for people who are going to be severely impacted by the reduction in time available to work on feats. (Imagine someone going on vacation in the middle of next week, so they only have 8-10 days to do all the feats...and have now lost 2 of those days.)

Agreed. I've tried to hold off with the torches and pitchforks as well because, as you noted, it seemed as though they hadn't yet issued the make good. But now, with the latest comms it looks as though this is the end of it from their pov, and so it seems time to sharpen those gardening tools.

They've missed a large chunk of the point, which is that it took several days to get to this point. For most players time is needed to appropriately eke out battles across multiple sectors to enable players to deal with the double issues of stamina and energy while working towards excessively 'grindy' feats. By removing more than two days of time it makes all of that harder to organise, possibly impossible and players will miss out on crates as a result.

IMO, the only appropriate response would have been: reset conquest, refund crystals spent on refreshes and start again from scratch. There would have been minimal downside to them and would have given time to fix issues properly. They've done it before, so why not now?
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    its still not fixed on lower difficulties btw. Rancor is faster on normal than on hard ...
  • Options
    If what we got is all we are gonna get it's a joke. I need to redo about 15 battles, at least, and I also have about 10 fails. That's 500 Conquest energy. I also bought a consumable, that's 75 crystals. Plus the headache. 120 conquest energy wasn't close to a reasonable compensation
  • Options
    @VincentLaserbrain
    Plus the headache. 120 conquest energy wasn't close to a reasonable compensation

It was 240 energy (two separate doses of 120 each), but I take your point, and further, I agree with it.

@Notthatguyfrombefore
    it seems time to sharpen those gardening tools.

Well metaphor'd. I agree with you, too.
  • Options
    I was asked to post my issue here by the help desk. I purchased the conquest pass + minutes after cobquest went live and my characters did not have increased stamina regeneration. It appears to have been resolved when they issued a fix for the mini and sector bosses.