1 1/2 year old account has been deleted

Prev1
As the title says, my account has been deleted shortly after I bought the light speed bundles. I have receipts for all of my purchases, as well as my Game Center achievements, but for whatever reason, I cannot sign with Apple ID, gmail, Game Center or Facebook. They all bring me to the new account that has been made instead. Does anyone now what I should do? Am starting to panic now, so any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• Options
    Moonz962 wrote: »
    As the title says, my account has been deleted shortly after I bought the light speed bundles. I have receipts for all of my purchases, as well as my Game Center achievements, but for whatever reason, I cannot sign with Apple ID, gmail, Game Center or Facebook. They all bring me to the new account that has been made instead. Does anyone now what I should do? Am starting to panic now, so any advice would be appreciated!

Have you tried closing out the game and shutting down your device completely and logging back in.... No worries, your account is still there and there are many ways to get back into it since you have an apple ID and facebook etc...

This happens to me on a semi daily basis.... lol
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options
    I have to no avail! I also don't remember my ID or Ally Code, as I thought I would be able to log back in with those, so according to EA Play I am now locked out forever. I am in in De?th St?r D?nce P?rty, can you maybe try to find my ally code there?
  • Options
    I have to no avail! I also don't remember my ID or Ally Code, as I thought I would be able to log back in with those, so according to EA Play I am now locked out forever. I am in in De?th St?r D?nce P?rty, can you maybe try to find my ally code there?

I found your guild.... What is your player name?
  • Options
    Here is your guild page.... Can you find yourself? https://swgoh.gg/g/wfZRXD5EQrqjJ5XcvPrsTw/
  • babylonfallen3
    130 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    When was the last time you logged in and what time zone are you in. I Can check player activity in game to see what players match your last activity.

Shoots guild search isn't working for me in game
  • Options
    I am in the East Coast, and logged in last about 1:30 East Coast Time.
  • Options
    That's it! My name is Moonz962. I cannot find my ally code though, which should be the last thing I need to access my account, at least according to EA Help.
  • statix
    32 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    according to swgoh.gg, your ally code is 499-668-339

however, that account has changed its name to Jakuu Bombassa

here's a link to the profile:
    https://swgoh.gg/p/499668339/
  • Options
    That's it! Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    Did you change your name or is your account hacked?
  • Options
    Oh no maybe OP got hit with that bug where someone else can randomly access your account?? Has CG still not fixed that?
  • Options
    Pretty sure it was hacked, as I'm pretty sure my account has been deleted right now. EA Help think they might be able to help me with it though
  • Options
    idk what happened all I know is that after I bought the light speed bundles and tried signing in to EA to access the webstore, my account had been deleted and the game was making me start over
  • Options
    Ouch I hope you get this worked out, this is a scary situation and makes me want to know how to make our accounts more secure.
  • Options
    I’m not sure what steps you should take at this point — maybe start a post in EA Answers? @Ultra do you know what to do here?
  • Options
    I have been in contact with them EA Help Services several times, including right now. The previous times they said that they needed mainly the ally code or player ID, so I'm hoping that as I now have that the Ally code, they should hopefully be able to access it for me again
  • Options
    Good luck, that’s seriously scary stuff for a game that involves so much time to develop and progress, please keep us posted!
  • Options
    Well EA Help said they would be able to recover my account previously even if deleted, were then able to find out that my account had indeed been deleted, but for whatever reason couldn't do anything about it. after they said they would be able to do something about it......

this game really does suck
  • Options
    Well EA Help said they would be able to recover my account previously even if deleted, were then able to find out that my account had indeed been deleted, but for whatever reason couldn't do anything about it. after they said they would be able to do something about it......

Oh no, I'm sorry this is happening to you, gives me a sick feeling. EA should escalate this issue rather than giving up.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Keep pressing. Others have gotten their accounts back.

• Options
    I don't even know how to at this point. every time I ask why they just say that's "their policy". there's only so many times I can shout at them through the chat room and give them my ally code... its apparently due to the "delete with the right to forget".... or something like that, which erases the account from their database according to them
  • Options
    I mean its not like I get any revenue or following from this game like APGains or Ahnald, so they don't exactly care about my opinions or feelings all that much
  • Options
    EA support is usually rather useless. I dunno if tagging a CG employee would help, then again I don’t know who it would be that could help.
  • Options
    Maybe try to pm ultra, he may know if anything can be done.
  • Ultra
    11532 posts Moderator
    Options
    if somebody did initiate an account deletion process there is no way to recover the account, not even CG can recover it
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    :(
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    if somebody did initiate an account deletion process there is no way to recover the account, not even CG can recover it

1. Thats a straight lie. The Account still exists on the DB. It just doesnt have a connection to login with and no personal data.
    2. Its CG's fault not to have MFA or something on the deletion function.
  • Lumiya
    1495 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

1. Thats a straight lie. The Account still exists on the DB. It just doesnt have a connection to login with and no personal data.
    2. Its CG's fault not to have MFA or something on the deletion function.

As far as I know there were already cases where this happened after an account got hacked and after the player could verify it was their account, the account got linked to them again... because like you mentioned, the account still exists in the DB and "just" has to be relinked.

Also, there really needs to be something done about the deletion process. I can not understand that it is still possible to delete an account this easily. This is a long known problem and at least 2 step authentification should be in place before this can be done! It is long overdue that something is done for the safety of accounts.

@Moonz962 do not give up yet.

If it really will not be possible to relink your account, at least get your money back from the gamecenter for the lightspeed packs you bought.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Typo edit
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    I have also tried going down the route with EA, and they said it would be very hard because as they originally claimed, my player account data has been "erased", despite the fact that pretty much everyone can still see my account in-game
  • Options
    No I am a mobile player, which is why I am confused something like this could have happened to me