Leia Organa Tier 2 is why this game isn't worth playing

13Next

Replies

• Deathbringer59
    588 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Soon in about a month, I'll be experiencing the same thing... expect my Rolo has been R8 since ROTE came out cause platoons. for the guild!
  • herd_nerfer
    1909 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I went 3 for 3 with this modding. In wave 2 focus Vader and don't use Snowlo's cleanse until after Vader is dead. Xaereth went through all of this in his video - I feel like people looked at the modding and ignored the rest of the video or watched it with the sound off.

7pl312s16v6i.png

The design for the GL ticket system is horrible and it shouldn't be this hard - but please don't waste tickets on this event if you don't have to. Good luck.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    I watched his video too and went 3 for 3 with these mods
    xgr4srqe6h8x.jpeg
    6xumwi8hpgw9.jpeg

• Options
    Question is, which would be worse:

The current system

Or

A system either without tickets, or with tickets only being spent per win rather than attempt, where the battles are extra hard and where you may end up needing to spend extra relic levels above the requirements

IMO I think I’d rather do away with the tickets (or have them linked to wins) and have harder battles. Thinking about the GAS and Malak events I often went above the minimums and have rarely regretted it as the extra gear just makes those units stronger permanently. YMMV
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    IMO I think I’d rather do away with the tickets (or have them linked to wins) and have harder battles. Thinking about the GAS and Malak events I often went above the minimums and have rarely regretted it as the extra gear just makes those units stronger permanently. YMMV

Agree.

If the tix are spent per win, then I don't have the same incentive to follow someone else's modding and strategy template. I can figure it out for myself because the errors I make along the way don't cost me in the same way.
  • Options

Agree.

If the tix are spent per win, then I don't have the same incentive to follow someone else's modding and strategy template. I can figure it out for myself because the errors I make along the way don't cost me in the same way.

Exactly, it would encourage more creativity for players. There would still be some players who would spend extra on more relic levels or better mods, so I doubt CG would lose out on the income from extra crystals spent on refreshes for more tickets.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Oh, and she's r6. If you only have r5 that might affect some of these stats

Yes R5. I was watching a video and toward the end he mentioned his was R7. I really don't want to spend the relic on her but will do it if it means saving weeks on the unlock.

hot utils/grand ivory has mod setup for r5 with zetas. hope it helps
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    I watched his video too and went 3 for 3 with these mods
    xgr4srqe6h8x.jpeg
    6xumwi8hpgw9.jpeg

Love those pics...
  • Options
    I'd rather the grind and building of characters and farming the tickets be the "tough" part and the tier battles be the story, like JMK where you can beat it even without mods on.

Throwing in tricky RNG like in Tier 2 is just dumb. (CG: But hey! If you take both characters to R7 or R8, your RNG failing will be lower, so just go ahead and do that, okay?)
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    I'd rather the grind and building of characters and farming the tickets be the "tough" part and the tier battles be the story, like JMK where you can beat it even without mods on.

Throwing in tricky RNG like in Tier 2 is just dumb. (CG: But hey! If you take both characters to R7 or R8, your RNG failing will be lower, so just go ahead and do that, okay?)

You don't have to relic them higher. I just went 3/3 last night on Tier 2. Both at R5. Used XP's video, worked peachy.
    Just needed to remod.
  • Options
    I got lucky. Why doesn't everyone else just try having good luck?
  • Options

I dunno - feels like an awful lot of "lucky" people in this thread that all did the same things... I feel like the outliers are the people that were unlucky.
  • Options

I dunno - feels like an awful lot of "lucky" people in this thread that all did the same things... I feel like the outliers are the people that were unlucky.

True.

I didn't get unlucky. Why doesn't everyone else choose to not have bad luck?

Rephrasing still makes the same point that OP and several others have made. GL tiers should either be trivially easy or only cost tickets on successful attempts.
  • Options

True.

I didn't get unlucky. Why doesn't everyone else choose to not have bad luck?

Rephrasing still makes the same point that OP and several others have made. GL tiers should either be trivially easy or only cost tickets on successful attempts.

I made the exact same point early in this thread. But it doesn't change that luck has less to do with success than you seem to think it does. Modding and strategy are vitally important in this fight and significantly impact the likelihood of failure. I'm just confused by your first comment, "...just try having good luck..." - it seems to imply that that's the only way people are being successful. If that's not what you meant, I misunderstood and you have my apologies.

To be clear, and to reiterate again - yes the ticket system is awful as it exists now - battles should be easy after all that farming - and people should pay attention to established strategies if losing tickets is an unacceptable risk. OP is understandably frustrated - I would be too - they should probably change tactics and see how that works before rage quitting.
  • Options
    @herd_nerfer

It was a snarky joke. Don't think too much about it.
  • Options
    @herd_nerfer

Sure, I get the snark - I intentionally didn't acknowledge it or play into it because that's not productive. I was just trying to assess whether Ragnarok_COTF really believes that people that have been successful have just been 'lucky'. That just doesn't track with my experience, nor others in this thread. Several people getting lucky once or twice? Sure, fine... several people in the same thread getting lucky three times in a row while all following the same advice? Anything is possible, I guess...
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1792 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @herd_nerfer

Sure, I get the snark - I intentionally didn't acknowledge it or play into it because that's not productive. I was just trying to assess whether Ragnarok_COTF really believes that people that have been successful have just been 'lucky'. That just doesn't track with my experience, nor others in this thread. Several people getting lucky once or twice? Sure, fine... several people in the same thread getting lucky three times in a row while all following the same advice? Anything is possible, I guess...

I think with ideal modding, all zetas, and the minimum relic requirement; you would probably have a Tier 2 win rate around 80-90%. (And I think that is unacceptably low, given the cost to attempt, but we agree on that.)

I have not done enough attempts to validate this estimate. It is based on my feels from my experience (3/4) and discussing the event with people that I know did their homework.
    @herd_nerfer

I am moderately triggered by folks saying they went 3/3 because they followed some guide. Several people have followed said guides and gone 3/4 or 5 or 6. I also roll my eyes when people say it's impossible or other exaggerations of the like. But the former triggers me more than the latter.
  • Options
    I haven’t tried the event yet but judging by the complaints it needs to be tuned down or they should just increase the drop rates for tickets. Not sure why there is any RNG on farming the tickets.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    There's RNG in just about every farm, don't see the issue there. Separate issue from the event.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    So, this has been bugging me all day wondering if I've just got really lucky going 3 for 3 on tier 2. Just for kicks I tried the event 6 more times - I lost once when Vader managed to kill Han - but it was really a misplay on my part because I used Leia's special when I should have used her basic to pop the expose on Vader. That would have killed him, but I used the special and didn't land a hit on Vader so he survived. I knew I messed up as soon as I hit the button and then watched things unfold pretty much how I expected. So I'm 8 wins for 9 attempts - and should be 9 for 9 if not for my own mistake.

Your mileage may vary I guess - but so far mine hasn't varied too much.
  • Options
    @herd_nerfer

There are also those that have done the remodding, watched the videos, and not done 3/3, 4/4, etc. RNG is still a possibility to lose tickets when there shouldn't be any RNG for "some" to lose.
  • Options
    I'm just curious ... is there a chance, that some of the people who watched the video, remodded and followed the guide and still had trouble, just don't have the mods to achieve sufficiently high stat numbers for the remod to matter enough?

Sure, you can have very bad luck and fail the mission because of that, but I'm not willing to accept that RNG alone is the reason why many people fail repeatedly. Out of the 10 people in my guild who have unlocked Leia so far, nobody struggled with the tier in question.
  • Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    I'm just curious ... is there a chance, that some of the people who watched the video, remodded and followed the guide and still had trouble, just don't have the mods to achieve sufficiently high stat numbers for the remod to matter enough?

Sure, you can have very bad luck and fail the mission because of that, but I'm not willing to accept that RNG alone is the reason why many people fail repeatedly. Out of the 10 people in my guild who have unlocked Leia so far, nobody struggled with the tier in question.

You can be crit with a CA arrow.

DV can land debuffs (all 4 in my case) even with ~170% Tenacity.

I'm not sure how unlucky I got or if there was something I did wrong (it's not like there's a way to practice the event), but that means Han can get killed before you have any agency to act.

It also sounds like there may be better strategies than what many of us early (but not whale early) unlockers used.

Proceed with caution if you find losing tickets unacceptable. Ask A LOT of questions. Ideally, find a guildmate that already unlocked, get them to show you the fight a dozen times, and replicate their mods/strategy.

And even though most here agree with this, I'm going to repeat it again, this is an absurd bar to clear for a GL ticket stage.
  • Options
    After updating Rolo to R7 i tried it again and lost my 4.attempt. Went back to the best tenacity mods and won attempt 5,6 and 7.
    On my main account i only lost 1 attempt on tier 2 because of very bad rng.
    I only have to do tier 4 now on both accounts.
    So i think weekend i will unlook her
  • Col_McKnight
    29 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Today i have to fight the second attempt on tier4 to get the last 55 shards. First attempt some days before no issue . Not near to lose. today han died in round 2 and i won on my second account and could acivate leia.on my main the same . han died and i didn´t have a chance to win.
    first attempt it was so easy . now after the update it seams to be harder.
    or i have bad RNG on both accounts

edit: tested on my second account 3x. easy. so it was only very bad RNG
    Post edited by Col_McKnight on
  • Options
    Seems someone dont really understand the character's kit because they are not pvp favorite.