Do we have to remod each squad for the speeder bike raid?

Do speed mods have any impact on the raid? They weren’t listed. Am I going to have to remod every character every time I do the raid because their current sets focus on speed which makes no impact but other sets do?

Hopefully they just missed it. Having to remod for every raid run will be brutal.

Replies

• Options
    I believe Speed will be impactful on the speed of the unit as always.

works that way in GL Leia T5 aswell
  • Options
    I believe Speed will be impactful on the speed of the unit as always.

works that way in GL Leia T5 aswell

Thank god. Not sure why they didn’t include it with all the other mods in the post.
  • Options
    Aiscalp wrote: »
    You're sitting on a bike. Why would speed of a toon affect that? Same as it doesn't affect ships' speed. I'm afraid we are in for a long haul remodding period.
    Pretty sure if tier 5 takes them into account this raid will as well. I’m hoping it was just an omission. Like since TM and speed are just same as always they didn’t mention it.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it will be a case of optimal moding (Remod) will get better scores , much like with the Krayt. Also like the Krayt , the remoding effort will only be worth it if it pushes you and/or your guild to a new reward tier.
  • Starslayer
    2425 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    wildnz wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it will be a case of optimal moding (Remod) will get better scores , much like with the Krayt. Also like the Krayt , the remoding effort will only be worth it if it pushes you and/or your guild to a new reward tier.

I keep my characters in ‘raid mods’ outfit outside of raids because I hate moving mods around and didn’t anything different in gac.
    Now if the ‘raid mod outfit’ means not paying attention to speed secondaries and then slow down like crazy a bunch of great characters to get a high score, that might be a problem for me. Sad.
  • Options
    I guess it means we aren't spending as much on mods as we used to, so they want to up the revenue from them.
  • Options
    You're sitting on a bike. Why would speed of a toon affect that?

For the same reason as any other stats listed here.
  • Options
    Imagine thinking that speed mods weren't equivalent to "go faster" stripes
  • Options
    Not sure remodding all of those characters every raid is financially responsible.
  • Options
    Xitarus wrote: »
    Not sure remodding all of those characters every raid is financially responsible.

This game was never intended to be played in a financially responsible way.
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be a novel concept if when CG told us to be optimal in the new raid we would need 144 new mods that they might also give us additional mod inventory space and 'whole roster' loadouts so that we don't spend more time tediously moving mods than we do actually playing the new raid?
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be a novel concept if when CG told us to be optimal in the new raid we would need 144 new mods that they might also give us additional mod inventory space and 'whole roster' loadouts so that we don't spend more time tediously moving mods than we do actually playing the new raid?

Bump. We need a completely revamped mod management tool suite, with the “full roster” loadouts as the first and foremost feature. This new raid sounds like it will require copious remodding to achieve best results, so need to put this out like yesterday.
  • Options
    I'm going to start saving up those new mods with Evasion and Health Steal.
  • Options
    ItsNotMe wrote: »

Bump. We need a completely revamped mod management tool suite, with the “full roster” loadouts as the first and foremost feature. This new raid sounds like it will require copious remodding to achieve best results, so need to put this out like yesterday.

I really think just adding full roster mod snapshots would be enough. I'd take more mod management tools, for sure - but the most recent changes to mod management were a huge leap forward and probably covered 90% of my biggest gripes about the old system. If they just add snap shots I'd be happy as a pig in... mud.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Rius
    388 posts Member
    Options
    If we need to re-mod in our individual events I would prefer the modding to be done within the event screen and not impact my own whole roster or other events. It impacts fleets, GAC and TW if you forget to swap back in time or signup before you swap back, impacts multi-tasking and is a pain if you are in the middle of batch farming and not got round to reviewing the mods before deleting and freeing up space. I had hoped mods would be irrelevant but it was just wishful thinking…
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options
    Do we have to?

No.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rius
    388 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Do we have to?

No.

If it improves score and your guild is ‘just’ making it to a particular reward milestone then yes you do need to 😂.
  • Joebo720
    654 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Will be important for the top guilds going for the top score. Rest of us don't really need to worry about it.
  • Options
    ItsNotMe wrote: »

I really think just adding full roster mod snapshots would be enough. I'd take more mod management tools, for sure - but the most recent changes to mod management were a huge leap forward and probably covered 90% of my biggest gripes about the old system. If they just add snap shots I'd be happy as a pig in... mud.

I mean yeah I fully agree. There are some additional features I could think of that would make things WAY easier when moving mods around, but the full roster mod snapshot is really the primary thing.
  • scuba
    14179 posts Member
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    These ranges are based on a character's Start of Combat value, taking into account Leader and Unique bonuses as well as Mods.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Do speed mods have any impact on the raid? They weren’t listed. Am I going to have to remod every character every time I do the raid because their current sets focus on speed which makes no impact but other sets do?

Hopefully they just missed it. Having to remod for every raid run will be brutal.

I want too add too the existing thread.
    Can I use 1-2 dot mods instead of 5 dot mods?
    Easier too farm 1-2 dot mods than 5 dot accuracy mods.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

I want too add too the existing thread.
    Can I use 1-2 dot mods instead of 5 dot mods?
    Easier too farm 1-2 dot mods than 5 dot accuracy mods.

There's no minimum mod quality requirement so you can use whatever mods you want - I definitely wouldn't go out of my way to start farming trash mods to use - that seems really counter productive. Accuracy arrows really have niche uses, but when you need one it'll be really nice to have a good one (or three?) at 5 or 6 dots.

With regard to the question of speed that's come up a couple of times in this thread - yes, speed on your mods still functions the same way it always has affecting turn order and how quickly your TM bar fills.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »
    These ranges are based on a character's Start of Combat value, taking into account Leader and Unique bonuses as well as Mods.

Eh. It's in the section titled "Affected by Mods".
  • Options
    As someone who hates remodding, I am preparing to at least have Accuracy and Crit Avoidance Arrows to swap onto some characters. Beyond that, I’m probably going to do a pass on the characters I’ll use and bump up the relevant stats to the next highest threshold if I can. But I’m not going to completely redo their mods nor swap out whole sets back and forth.
  • Options
    You're sitting on a bike. Why would speed of a toon affect that?

Han was sitting in a cantina booth when he shot Greedo first, because Han is faster.