Conquest

Replies

• Options
    Done. 6pp54bmaup0q.png
  • Options
    Profit wrote: »
    Not really. My question was rethorical, the fact that there are preferences should be obvious to everyone and nowhere did I allude to the fact that it would somehow be unreasonable to enjoy conquest for some. This is something you are saying to either discredit my point or that I failed to get it across.

The point of it was as follows: this game mode poses unnecessarily high strain on some players (higher than other game modes), not that others can't find it enjoyable. If they (cg) tried; I'm pretty sure they could keep it enjoyable for those who like it and reduce the strain on the others.

I'm not trying to discredit you, and I didn't imply anywhere that you were being unreasonable. I'm simply pointing out that not everyone sees conquest as a stressful thing that needs to be managed to avoid burnout. For those that do view it that way, it's quite easy to reduce that stress by decreasing engagement level - it's not the end of the world if you unlock in 4 or 5 months instead of 3. I have several conquest characters parked at gear 8 - I didn't NEED to red-crate those conquests - I did it because it's a fun challenge and more than anything else in the game it's what keeps me playing.

For those of us that enjoy it - it's fine. Sure there's things they could do to improve it, and I would welcome positive changes - but the same could be said for every game mode.

Your 'rhetorical' question implies that it's somehow CGs fault that people are stressing over conquest. It's not on CG to manage peoples stress levels. Only players can do that. If people are stressed out by it - they should play less of it. The same thing goes for TW, TB, GAC, ABs, GCs, and any other game mode. Play the game for what you like about it - don't get caught in the trap of thinking you HAVE to do something you don't enjoy.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Conquest isn't a challenge it's only time intensive, grindy. And this is a big problem for competitive players who needs this character after 3 conquests. You can't buy the shards...and more and more players who pay are bored of 500 dots, 300 stagger feats ... And leave the game. Players would pay money to skip **** feats but CG don't care. They increase the difficulty and the numbers because too many players still get the red crates.
  • Profit
    282 posts Member
    Options
    Not really. My question was rethorical, the fact that there are preferences should be obvious to everyone and nowhere did I allude to the fact that it would somehow be unreasonable to enjoy conquest for some. This is something you are saying to either discredit my point or that I failed to get it across.

The point of it was as follows: this game mode poses unnecessarily high strain on some players (higher than other game modes), not that others can't find it enjoyable. If they (cg) tried; I'm pretty sure they could keep it enjoyable for those who like it and reduce the strain on the others.

I'm not trying to discredit you, and I didn't imply anywhere that you were being unreasonable. I'm simply pointing out that not everyone sees conquest as a stressful thing that needs to be managed to avoid burnout. For those that do view it that way, it's quite easy to reduce that stress by decreasing engagement level - it's not the end of the world if you unlock in 4 or 5 months instead of 3. I have several conquest characters parked at gear 8 - I didn't NEED to red-crate those conquests - I did it because it's a fun challenge and more than anything else in the game it's what keeps me playing.

For those of us that enjoy it - it's fine. Sure there's things they could do to improve it, and I would welcome positive changes - but the same could be said for every game mode.

Your 'rhetorical' question implies that it's somehow CGs fault that people are stressing over conquest. It's not on CG to manage peoples stress levels. Only players can do that. If people are stressed out by it - they should play less of it. The same thing goes for TW, TB, GAC, ABs, GCs, and any other game mode. Play the game for what you like about it - don't get caught in the trap of thinking you HAVE to do something you don't enjoy.

I don't get your counter point.

My point is that the game mode is overly punishing for those who dont enjoy it and this should be improved (obviously on cg). and you are arguing that I'm wrong in this because, you think its fun and therefore people who stress out should not ask for improvement and just play less? Or why are you arguing against my post?
  • Options
    It's nice when someone can afford to have a conquest character after 5-6 month or let this character at gear 8 but the competitive players need the characters after 3 rounds and that's the problem. This players have to play the **** conquest because there is no way to buy the shards or a way to skip more feats. I'm pretty sure players would spend money when they could skip more feats. But the conquest pass+ is joke... and also the timing of the conquest is extremely bad. We call the first week of conquest always hell week (TB and conquest together is a killer) and each time after TB we have players who stop because the game consume to much time.

It would be good to sim conquest feats or TB battles. It's nonsense to repeat a battle 14x - that's boring...
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    edited January 3
    Options
    Sairiki1 wrote: »
    It's nice when someone can afford to have a conquest character after 5-6 month or let this character at gear 8 but the competitive players need the characters after 3 rounds and that's the problem. This players have to play the **** conquest because there is no way to buy the shards or a way to skip more feats. I'm pretty sure players would spend money when they could skip more feats. But the conquest pass+ is joke... and also the timing of the conquest is extremely bad. We call the first week of conquest always hell week (TB and conquest together is a killer) and each time after TB we have players who stop because the game consume to much time.

It would be good to sim conquest feats or TB battles. It's nonsense to repeat a battle 14x - that's boring...

they don't need it they want it.
    I also know more competitive players than me (doesn't take much) but they care about the PvP stuff, I have gotten all the conquest units every time and they rarely run it. There is maybe 2 units that where "must have" first run, others where nice to have
  • Options

My point is that the game mode is overly punishing for those who dont enjoy it and this should be improved (obviously on cg). and you are arguing that I'm wrong in this because, you think its fun and therefore people who stress out should not ask for improvement and just play less? Or why are you arguing against my post?

Not at all what I'm saying - I'm saying that it's not CGs job to make sure people don't get stressed out. Only the player can manage that. They made a game mode. Some people will like it and some people won't. No one game mode can be all things to all people. So my 'counter point' in as much as there is one is that one persons stress is another persons fun. I find PVP stressful - so I do what I can to minimize my engagement to a level that is acceptable to me. That's within my power - that's a thing I can control. Conquest is no different.

You want conquest changed - I'm all for positive changes. There's a few things I would love to see changed. I'm not saying conquest is perfect. Ask away. No one is saying not to. That has nothing to do with your initial post that I responded to.
  • Options

I don't love doing TB and Conquest on the same day. Maybe they could split conquest into two one week long events that only run during off-TB weeks.

The 'need' to get a character day 1 is a self imposed requirement - unless your guild is requiring it, but again, that's a choice you're making too. Maybe that level of play isn't ideal. Come to the casual side. We have cookies - and we don't kick people for slacking in conquest.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options

I don't love doing TB and Conquest on the same day. Maybe they could split conquest into two one week long events that only run during off-TB weeks.

The 'need' to get a character day 1 is a self imposed requirement - unless your guild is requiring it, but again, that's a choice you're making too. Maybe that level of play isn't ideal. Come to the casual side. We have cookies - and we don't kick people for slacking in conquest.

I don't get how people stress out about this game. It is a game.

bd1.jpg
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

I don't get how people stress out about this game. It is a game.

bd1.jpg

I stress more about the forums than the game. Perhaps I should reduce my level of engagement...
  • Options
    But why would they make a gamemode which requires stress management and coping strategies to not make longtime players quit the game, a game that is supposed to be fun?

All games are based on a conflict or challenge of some kind that the player is responsible for overcoming. Putting the player into a stressful situation is part of the DNA of any game you play - even card games, chess, FPS games, RTS games - it comes down to what flavor of stress do you enjoy the most. For some people (in the context of SWGoH) it's conquest - for others it's GAC - but it's all based on the same idea - challenge the player to complete a task. Having fun and being under stress are not mutually exclusive.

Come on now, where exactly did I say anything even similar to "games are only fun if they are stress free"?

You didn't - but you're wondering at the logic behind "making a game mode that requires stress management and coping strategies" - and what I'm saying is, that kind of 'stress' is fun for some people. Developing and executing a strategy to overcome the challenge of conquest is fun for some people. The game mode isn't loved by everyone - that's established - but there are people that do enjoy it.

Just like I hate TW, but for some people that's the most fun they can have in this game. I find it stressful and unfun - so the same question could be posed about that game mode. Why would CG make such a stressful and unfun game mode? The answer is, different people will enjoy different parts of the game. And while I don't enjoy TW, I'm glad it's around - it's not too much trouble for me to participate (though I'm required and expected to do more than I care to), and for the people that really love it, it keeps them playing the game which is good for everyone.

Stress management and coping strategies are for handling negative stress, not strategies for problem solving and gameplay reasons.

Some like tw, some don't. But very rarely (i can't recall any) do i see threads/posts about tw causing game burnouts or similar concerns. If this was/is? The case the analogy is relevant, otherwise it is just a preference, which of course can differ.

Didn't we just read about some top guild(s) quitting TW a couple of months ago? I also remember seeing threads complaining about TW matchmaking - essentially stress caused by "unfair" or "unreasonable" matchmaking.
  • Profit
    282 posts Member
    Options

Not at all what I'm saying - I'm saying that it's not CGs job to make sure people don't get stressed out. Only the player can manage that. They made a game mode. Some people will like it and some people won't. No one game mode can be all things to all people. So my 'counter point' in as much as there is one is that one persons stress is another persons fun. I find PVP stressful - so I do what I can to minimize my engagement to a level that is acceptable to me. That's within my power - that's a thing I can control. Conquest is no different.

You want conquest changed - I'm all for positive changes. There's a few things I would love to see changed. I'm not saying conquest is perfect. Ask away. No one is saying not to. That has nothing to do with your initial post that I responded to.

No, nothing you are saying has anything to do with my initial post.

I made no claims that:
    - cg should manage player stress
    - stress is bad in a game
    - it can't be stressful to some and fun for others
    - there are no people who enjoy conquest
    - there are no preferences in the word

I do claim:
    - if a game mode produces enough stress levels for the players who don't enjoy it, that they (said players) have to employ stress management and coping strategies to not walk away from the game. They (cg) are missing the mark for a good game mode (even if there are other people who find it fun).
  • Options

I made no claims that:

I do claim:
    - if a game mode produces enough stress levels for the players who don't enjoy it, that they (said players) have to employ stress management and coping strategies to not walk away from the game. They (cg) are missing the mark for a good game mode (even if there are other people who find it fun).

By that logic they've done a bad job at ALL game modes, and yet, here we are.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options

I made no claims that:

I do claim:

I am here for the cookies.
    IMO there is good and bad with most of the game modes and some started out really good and went down hill (conquest being one of them), more bad than good, yes if this wasn't star wars and so easy to "keep up" with minimal daily effort (for the most part) I would have probably walked a way long ago.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

I made no claims that:

I do claim:

There you go. That's why we all have quit.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

I made no claims that:

I do claim:

IMO there is good and bad with most of the game modes and some started out really good and went down hill (conquest being one of them), more bad than good, yes if this wasn't star wars and so easy to "keep up" with minimal daily effort (for the most part) I would have probably walked a way long ago.

That's exactly why I haven't walked away. Once you establish a system and a method it's fairly easy to stay more or less current. I've put the game on autopilot (doing bare minimums daily) for months at a time before and come back to play more fully when I've had more time. I feel like I'm coming up on another one of those times soon, but now I'm a guild leader and I'm not sure how to lead without being fully present.
  • Profit
    282 posts Member
    Options

I made no claims that:

I do claim:

Again, trying to discredit my point.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

I made no claims that:

I do claim:

Pretty sure he's not...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

I made no claims that:

I do claim:

If your point is that CG should change game modes if some people don't enjoy them, then I just don't know how to respond any further to that. You're entitled to your opinion. The claim that they're 'missing the mark for a good game mode' because some people don't like it or find it stressful is true - but only for those people.

Could they make conquest better? Yes, absolutely, yes. Could they make it something that everyone enjoyed doing and didn't feel stressful at all to anyone? No - not a chance. Those two things are far too subjective to be a reasonable goal.
  • Options

I made no claims that:

I do claim:

If your point is that CG should change game modes if some people don't enjoy them, then I just don't know how to respond any further to that. You're entitled to your opinion. The claim that they're 'missing the mark for a good game mode' because some people don't like it or find it stressful is true - but only for those people.

Could they make conquest better? Yes, absolutely, yes. Could they make it something that everyone enjoyed doing and didn't feel stressful at all to anyone? No - not a chance. Those two things are far too subjective to be a reasonable goal.

Why thank you for allowing me to have an opinion. The rest again, is not what I'm saying but what you like to argue.

I believe it if perfectly possible to improve things for one group without ruining the fun for another.

• scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options

I made no claims that:

I do claim:

That's exactly why I haven't walked away. Once you establish a system and a method it's fairly easy to stay more or less current. I've put the game on autopilot (doing bare minimums daily) for months at a time before and come back to play more fully when I've had more time. I feel like I'm coming up on another one of those times soon, but now I'm a guild leader and I'm not sure how to lead without being fully present.

That is easy, get others to do it. I always say I am guild leader in name only..
  • Options

I made no claims that:

I do claim:

Why thank you for allowing me to have an opinion. The rest again, is not what I'm saying but what you like to argue.

I believe it if perfectly possible to improve things for one group without ruining the fun for another.

Well it was about acknowledging the validity of your opinion and respecting your agency as a person - not so much giving you permission - but if you want to give me that power, I'll gladly take it if it would end this silly exchange.

I really have no idea what your opinion is at this point. I've acknowledged every point you've made - even agreed on some tangential things - and you insist that I'm trying to discredit you - which is not now, nor ever was the case - and that I'm not getting your point - which I've acknowledged several times and you've changed several times.

So perhaps it's best we both just move on.
  • Options
    Idk, this was the easiest conquest in a long time. Finished in under 7 days and since these datacrons are uninteresting, I'm not going to waste 6 refreshes a day on them
  • Profit
    282 posts Member
    Options

I made no claims that:

I do claim:

Well it was about acknowledging the validity of your opinion and respecting your agency as a person - not so much giving you permission - but if you want to give me that power, I'll gladly take it if it would end this silly exchange.

I really have no idea what your opinion is at this point. I've acknowledged every point you've made - even agreed on some tangential things - and you insist that I'm trying to discredit you - which is not now, nor ever was the case - and that I'm not getting your point - which I've acknowledged several times and you've changed several times.

So perhaps it's best we both just move on.

What I think and tried to communicate, very unsuccessfully apparently.

Most awgoh events
    For people who enjoy: it's fine
    For people who don't enjoy: taxing is on par (time investment and rewards)

Conquest
    For people who enjoy: it's fine
    For people who dont enjoy: taxing too high (time investment and rewards)

Moving on

• Options
    The problem is that you can't skip the game mode or more feats. The higher guild who are TW focus have the requirement that you need the conquest character after 3 times. And such players don't want to play in a casual guild. They pay a lot money for the game and want the high end TW and GA content. And CG don't really care about this players... They make the conquest more grindy...
  • Options
    The problem is that you can't skip the game mode or more feats.

But yes -- you can.

It's just a game. Breathe deep. Exhale. Say it with me: It's just a game.
  • Options
    Didn’t checked is this was discussed somewhere, so here we go.
    Is this the first ‘red crate only’ feat ?
    vqt3m3qm5d5h.jpeg
  • Options

But yes -- you can.

His follow up sentence clearly put it into context of higher TW focused guild players. And it's true - you don't unlock the newest conquest char after 3 conquests, you get booted or moved into a lower guild within the alliance. So no, those people cannot skip the game mode - they could only let other ppl do the grind for them, which is fairly common practice.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Didn’t checked is this was discussed somewhere, so here we go.
    Is this the first ‘red crate only’ feat ?
    vqt3m3qm5d5h.jpeg

I have a vague recolection of trench appearing in red crate only space, but I'm definitely not certain.
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

But yes -- you can.

His follow up sentence clearly put it into context of higher TW focused guild players. And it's true - you don't unlock the newest conquest char after 3 conquests, you get booted or moved into a lower guild within the alliance. So no, those people cannot skip the game mode - they could only let other ppl do the grind for them, which is fairly common practice.

For people who want to stay highly competitive, it kind of makes sense to me that they need to invest a lot of time and effort. That is the differentiator.