Give us the option for GAC.

Replies

• Options
    What would be good is a pre GAC poll asking the gamers what the upcoming GAC should be either 3v3 or 5v5?

The one that gets the most votes gets run
  • Options
    Guilds can choose which TB they want to play,
    Just saying
  • Options
    I vote that they keep it the same way to force players to figure out 3v3, be good at the game. That's 1 vote either way.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I think there have been large enough polls on this that about 80% would do 5’s and there is a 20% of sick twisted weirdos out there that prefers 3’s. With my solution those 3 vs 3 stans get to play it every GAC. If you love 3’s soooo much because it’s so awesome you get to play with a bunch of oddball comps then you should like this solution.

Large enough numbers where? How many people voted and how large percentage is that of the total player base? If it wasn’t an official poll accessible through the game chances are a very large portion of the players haven’t even seen it.
  • Options
    You don't have to do it. Just sign up and throw 0-9. According to the popular theory, you'll win 9-0 in the next 5v5, mostly easily, right?

How do replies like this always come up? They don't address the issue or OP's desire, and yet...

there is no issue, just an individual's desire to change the game for all players based on their own preference.
  • Options
    Ranzono wrote: »
    Guilds can choose which TB they want to play,
    Just saying

The options to choose for TB is for the level of difficulty, not personal preference.

I like that they switch between 5v5 & 3v3. Especially when I get matched against someone that doesnt like one of those versions ;)
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • Options
    It would be pretty awful to have to choose to climb in one GAC and fall into the other. Anyone wanting to be competitive would rather sign up for both 5v5 and 3v3 at the same time. I’m not sure I’d want the added time sink, just so I won’t drop rewards.
  • Options
    Stokat wrote: »
    I think there have been large enough polls on this that about 80% would do 5’s and there is a 20% of sick twisted weirdos out there that prefers 3’s. With my solution those 3 vs 3 stans get to play it every GAC. If you love 3’s soooo much because it’s so awesome you get to play with a bunch of oddball comps then you should like this solution.

Large enough numbers where? How many people voted and how large percentage is that of the total player base? If it wasn’t an official poll accessible through the game chances are a very large portion of the players haven’t even seen it.

Reddit has polls at about 1500 users on this.
  • Options

There have been over 100 million people that have played this game, 1500 is not a very large portion of the player base.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

There have been over 100 million people that have played this game, 1500 is not a very large portion of the player base.

Reddit also has a bad reputation lol
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

People tend to put too much value in the n, 1500 is not bad, it would probably yield a fair estimate if based on an representative sample...which I seriously doubt a reddit poll does.
  • Options
    To maximize profit, you need to do X and Y.

I only want to to Y.

No.

So, for your post, X and Y are 3v3 and 5v5? If so, yet another response that is nothing more than restating the status quo. Why is OP's suggestion bad for the player? Bad for CG? Bad for the game as a whole?

My answer is to the point, and r reason the status quo is preferable. CG will make changes that increase sales. Not forcing players to invest in 3v3 teams would likely generate less profit.

Motivation by profit is not necessarily the best option, but it's the model we're living in and that keeps the game alive.

I suppose we could found Communist Games, supported by taxes or donations and that would focus entirely on game quality and enjoyment rather than sales, but I don't think that's going to happen though.
  • rickertron
    347 posts Member
    edited February 5
    Options

Chances are that poll is not represenative, given that it is not a random sample of the player base.
  • Options
    To maximize profit, you need to do X and Y.

I only want to to Y.

No.

So, for your post, X and Y are 3v3 and 5v5? If so, yet another response that is nothing more than restating the status quo. Why is OP's suggestion bad for the player? Bad for CG? Bad for the game as a whole?

If I got interested in 3v3 strategies and became good at it, I have the advantage during 3v3 seasons against players who didn't go this extra mile. If players choose 3v3 or 5v5, then I'll play against players who also chose 3v3, so are also good at 3v3 and will lose my advantage.

It's pretty similar to fleets. If you're not interested in fleets, you will be at disavantage each gac. If you're not interested in 3v3, you will be at disavantage every 2 gac.

Just like the poets said: "I like it that way".
  • Options
    These forums have a terrible habit of missing the forest through the trees.

Think it’s fair to say the grand majority of the player base prefers 5v5 to 3v3. I count myself among them. If you’re reading this and wondering “proof?”, just stop, please. It’s disingenuous. If I had to place my bets on which is the more preferred format, I’m going 5v5 every single time.

I still play 3v3 because I want to earn my rewards (and it doesn’t hurt that a lot of people simply won’t play in 3v3, so I get easy rewards) but would ultimately prefer for there to just be 5v5 GAC’s.
  • Options
    Would LOVE the option to choose. I absolutely hate 3v3. Complete trash IMO.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    edited February 6
    Options
    Haugs wrote: »

Think it’s fair to say the grand majority of the player base prefers 5v5 to 3v3. I count myself among them. If you’re reading this and wondering “proof?”, just stop, please. It’s disingenuous.

I'd argue that making up statistics or citing an unscientific non-representative poll is disingenuous.
  • Haugs
    181 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Think it’s fair to say the grand majority of the player base prefers 5v5 to 3v3. I count myself among them. If you’re reading this and wondering “proof?”, just stop, please. It’s disingenuous.

I'd argue that making up statistics or citing an unscientific non-representative poll is disingenuous.

Most people aren’t doing that, though, that I’ve seen
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Some are
  • scuba
    14166 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Most people aren’t doing that, though, that I’ve seen

73.6% of all statistics are made up.
  • Options
    The best part of 3v3 is getting matched up vs players that hate it and don't try. Give me a stress free easy win any day. If people are allowed to opt out then we don't get those easy matchups. Forget that.
  • Options
    To those that hate 3v3,
    Get good
  • Options
    Ranzono wrote: »
    To those that hate 3v3,
    Get good

Pretty much, same people that hate 3 vs 3 hate matchmaking and just want a long series of easy mindless wins.

I saw a poll that showed this was the case 95% of the time.
  • Options
    Hawthorne wrote: »
    The best part of 3v3 is getting matched up vs players that hate it and don't try. Give me a stress free easy win any day. If people are allowed to opt out then we don't get those easy matchups. Forget that.

This is why 20% of people prefer 3 vs 3. It’s not the gameplay they like, it’s the disproportionate awards they get.

The gameplay is awful. It’s like playing baseball with a 5 man lineup instead of 9. It’s like playing monopoly with 25 players instead of 2 to 6. The game wasn’t built or intended to be played like this so naturally the gameplay sucks. Let’s add a 12 vs 12 GAC throw that at the wall and see if that sticks to.
  • Options
    I love random stats that people pull out of thin air.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    50v50
  • Options
    Around 10vs10 would be interesting. I'd play that.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    86v86
  • Options
    5v3
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    I am honestly curious about 6v6 with an extra leader slot. I think that would be interesting