• scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    Dumb
  • NatureBoy0713
    66 posts Member
    edited March 8
    Options
    So doubling back and after watching Ahnalds video it’s leaving me with far more questions now and while I appreciate Tusken responding to us with what the team said…their answer and solution is not right.

The rule of 2 unique at ability level 7 lists all the great stats and buffs we get. Then for level 8, the omicron ability, it adds in more stats to bane…just for bane. Nobody else. Then also adds in that the effects persists even after bane is defeated. The way is worded and shown, the omicron juices up bane and then keeps the rest of those stat boosts going for his sith ally after he is defeated. That’s why people got that omicron ability. Why would the bonuses persist after bane was defeated when the stats were only for bane? That makes no sense. If he’s defeated it makes no difference if his stat boosts to himself Persist…

@CG_Tusken_Meathead thank you for the response but the Jet Flying, Kiss Stealin, Wheeling Dealing, Son of a Gun says that’s not enough. You need to refund the omicron to everyone that applied it if you guys refuse to make the kit work as it’s read. Please do the right thing. Preferably I, and I’m sure the rest of the horsemen here on the forums would rather have the ability work as it’s written, but at the very least this deserves a return of the omicron ability.
    Post edited by NatureBoy0713 on
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited March 8
    Options
    You need to refund the omicron to everyone that applied it if you guys refuse to make the kit work as it’s read. Please do the right thing. Preferably I, and I’m sure the rest of the horsemen here on the forums would rather have the ability work as it’s written, but at the very least this deserves a return of the omicron ability.

Word!

Also, @CG_Tusken_Meathead, why was the "These effects persist"-sentence there to begin with? No part of the omicron relates to anybody else than Bane, so having the effects persist is not really relevant. Which is why (I bet) people read the ability the way they did.
  • Options
    I totally agree with you guys. Bane may be great for damage boost but he was supposed to replace Wat, whose only purpose is to give SEE more survivability... In the end "as intended" is not what CG advertised.
  • Options
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Great! No, no way I'm going to buy that this was "intentional design", basically they already stated it before Bane released that the 100% TM was not working as intended and it was working as a bonus turn instead, and they just updated the text of the ability itself.

I mean, come on CG, don't try to fool us, the ENTIRE omicron affects ONLY Bane, why would we care about the effects that affect Bane will persist after he is defeated? You even hear how ridiculous that sounds? What is the purpose of a DEFEATED character to still have those stats!
    If he is supposed to be SEE lifter, therefore, no revives are intended, therefore, that omicron part is USELESS, and even if the revives are granted, how those help at all?

Even if they refunded the omicron, I would still apply it, that bonus turn is the big deal, but why oversell the ability doing what IS not supposed to do.

The funniest/saddest part is that both SEE and Darth Bane leads prevent sith allies revives.
  • Options
    So Bane as a lead with another random Sith can beat Leia but CG will nerf the mechanic that lets Bane replace Wat as a SEE lifter? Which clearly was the intended and communicated behavior from CG. Bane will still be a great character but it’s just strange to do a character rollout in this way.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited March 8
    Options
    So Bane as a lead with another random Sith can beat Leia but CG will nerf the mechanic that lets Bane replace Wat as a SEE lifter? Which clearly was the intended and communicated behavior from CG. Bane will still be a great character but it’s just strange to do a character rollout in this way.

According to the post, the thing they’re removing from the skill description was never in the game.
    So it’s not a nerf, it’s a clarification on how the skill actually works.
  • Gawejn
    1116 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

According to the post, the thing they’re removing from the skill description was never in the game.

Bane was advertised as a replacement for wat. Techs from Wat persist thru his defeat. Bane doesnt work that way. Players assumed based on information received from cg that bane would give kind of similar functions as wat. But it is just half cooked dish. Yes, Bane is great, but it seems Wat would still be with See. But the idea was to remove Wat from using with See. At least Bane was presented this way.
  • Gawejn
    1116 posts Member
    Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    I really hoped that see plus bane would be good against jmk in gac.

SEE/Bane is insanely good against almost anything.

However, Sith Lords are JMK's speciality. You would also be upset if SEE/Bane had no counter. JMK is the only squad that I know kills him. Yes, I want the descriptions to be accurate, but so long as they correct the wording, the way things function with Bane & SEE is fine.

See can beat jmk. But not with bane. And bane suposse to be his lifter. That was the idea i think to introduce bane. Not to use bane with r9 sith assasin to solo other teams and see would go still with wat.
    Bane was presented as replacement for wat.
    See could beat almost everything before bane. With wat.

SEE can DEFINITELY beat JMK with Bane
    I've done it on arena, as long as CAT does not instant kill Bane, which on GAC is not going to happen because of the bonus turn and CD increase

The only thing is that the omicron was supposed to counter that little issue on GAC, but now is not happening lol
    Still, I'm counting on that it is very much possible to still do so
    I've not encountered a JMK this first round, so no way to test it, and even so, I don't have the omicron on the special for the 2 turn CD, so quite hard for that as well, but will see

SEE could beat jmk in gac if cat would use her insta kill on SEE. Otherwise Bane is too slow to keep jmk on cooldown reduction despite omicron.
    Maybe if see would be enough fast charge his ult to kill cat before she kills bane ....
  • Whatelse73
    2182 posts Member
    Options
    I really hoped that see plus bane would be good against jmk in gac.

SEE/Bane is insanely good against almost anything.

However, Sith Lords are JMK's speciality. You would also be upset if SEE/Bane had no counter. JMK is the only squad that I know kills him. Yes, I want the descriptions to be accurate, but so long as they correct the wording, the way things function with Bane & SEE is fine.

See can beat jmk. But not with bane. And bane suposse to be his lifter. That was the idea i think to introduce bane. Not to use bane with r9 sith assasin to solo other teams and see would go still with wat.
    Bane was presented as replacement for wat.
    See could beat almost everything before bane. With wat.

SEE can DEFINITELY beat JMK with Bane
    I've done it on arena, as long as CAT does not instant kill Bane, which on GAC is not going to happen because of the bonus turn and CD increase

The only thing is that the omicron was supposed to counter that little issue on GAC, but now is not happening lol
    Still, I'm counting on that it is very much possible to still do so
    I've not encountered a JMK this first round, so no way to test it, and even so, I don't have the omicron on the special for the 2 turn CD, so quite hard for that as well, but will see

SEE could beat jmk in gac if cat would use her insta kill on SEE. Otherwise Bane is too slow to keep jmk on cooldown reduction despite omicron.
    Maybe if see would be enough fast charge his ult to kill cat before she kills bane ....

And maybe if CG tested their releases BEFORE they released them, they'd see these kinds of issues before players found them for CG?

If JMK gets to ult, SEE is going down either way because the whole team ignores protection and will mass attack him to nothingness. But I don't care that Bane can't beat JMK, it's the other counters he's supposed to deal with I'm concerned about not working anymore based on what CG told us about how his kit was released as compared to what it appears they're doing. (And the other bugs that seem to be present with the character.)

Again, CG leadership needs to put more resources into testing things before we get them.
  • Options

Ah I see, so instead of fixing the bug they change the description. That’s one way of solving the problem.
  • StarSon
    7461 posts Member
    Options
    Durumana wrote: »
    Removing the "These effects persist if Bane is defeated." line warrants a refund of the omicron. It is false advertising. I should not be expected to read code on swgoh.gg to assess whether an ability is worth investing an omicron in.

Yeah, that line is why I applied it. I did testing in arena and it beat the teams I wanted it to beat just fine without it. Would not have bothered wasting the super scarce materials for no tangible benefit.
  • crzydroid
    7318 posts Moderator
    Options

bs5ji2b5xfmj.gif
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Durumana wrote: »
    Removing the "These effects persist if Bane is defeated." line warrants a refund of the omicron. It is false advertising. I should not be expected to read code on swgoh.gg to assess whether an ability is worth investing an omicron in.

Yeah, that line is why I applied it. I did testing in arena and it beat the teams I wanted it to beat just fine without it. Would not have bothered wasting the super scarce materials for no tangible benefit.

Agreed. I hate to be a "conspiracy theory" type person, but its almost too obvious of what they did here.. There's simply no logical reason to include that last sentence in the kit, if all of the effects were not intended to persist after Bane's death. Its just simple reading comprehension that a 5th grader would understand. I think this is one of the cases where the simplest and most obvious answer is correct (even though it sounds crazy). Either CG: (i) intentionally structured the description that way to trick players into using omicrons (which I don't think is the case); or (ii) more likely, it was intended to persist, but they have so many bugs and issues currently, they don't want to fix it or (or can't) and don't want to admit it to the players. It just easier to say "Whoops, how'd that sentence get in there" than make his kit perform as intended. This is backed up by how CG was touting Bane prior to his release, as a superior replacement for Wat with SEE. Again, Bane is still amazing and I love him, but CG's explanation for all of this is baffling. They should definitely refund the omicron
  • TargetEadu
    1574 posts Member
    Options
    Another explanation is that the Omicron benefits were supposed to extend to the other Sith and persist, but that functionality was removed before release.
  • Options
    While in Grand Arenas: At the start of battle if there is only one other non-Summon ally present and they are Sith:

- Bane gains 75% Mastery, Max Health, and Max Protection
    - Whenever an enemy is defeated, Bane gains 10% Max Health, Max Protection, and Offense (stacking) until the end of battle
    - At the start of battle, Bane takes a bonus turn

These effects persist if Bane is defeated.

what's the point of this persisting it only benefit's bane.
  • TargetEadu
    1574 posts Member
    Options
    There isn’t. That’s why CG is changing the text.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Another explanation is that the Omicron benefits were supposed to extend to the other Sith and persist, but that functionality was removed before release.

That’s how it was intended to work. Rather than fix the bug CG decided to go the MSF route and blame the text rather than put manpower into fixing the broken mechanic
  • Options

That’s how it was intended to work. Rather than fix the bug CG decided to go the MSF route and blame the text rather than put manpower into fixing the broken mechanic

The other Sith never got the Omicron benefits like the +75% Mastery. That was always on Bane only. Or at least it was in the final revealed kit.
  • YurArm
    18 posts Member
    Options
    CG, after your announce, i say: are you seriously???!!! Ahrrrr!!!
    You giving best person , and then taking it back!

Give my money back! I spend to take darth Bane, but with his unique!!!!!!! You taking back his uniq, so give my money back.

You play with dirty rules
  • Options

The other Sith never got the Omicron benefits like the +75% Mastery. That was always on Bane only. Or at least it was in the final revealed kit.

Correct, the other sith never got the benefits from the omicron but the way the omicron read was that it was supposed to persist after bane was defeated. The entire unique. It didn’t work like that on release, so rather than fix the bug and make it work like kit read, they decided to just change the wording of the kit to match the functionality and that’s why people are upset and rightfully so.
  • Options

Correct, the other sith never got the benefits from the omicron but the way the omicron read was that it was supposed to persist after bane was defeated. The entire unique. It didn’t work like that on release, so rather than fix the bug and make it work like kit read, they decided to just change the wording of the kit to match the functionality and that’s why people are upset and rightfully so.

Yes.

I’m confused how that relates to the point I was trying to make, though.
  • Whatelse73
    2182 posts Member
    Options

Yes.

I’m confused how that relates to the point I was trying to make, though.

If it makes you feel any better, CG is confused about the whole character.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options

Bane was advertised as a replacement for wat. Techs from Wat persist thru his defeat. Bane doesnt work that way. Players assumed based on information received from cg that bane would give kind of similar functions as wat. But it is just half cooked dish. Yes, Bane is great, but it seems Wat would still be with See. But the idea was to remove Wat from using with See. At least Bane was presented this way.

I’m not denying that. Just saying it’s not a nerf.
    However, I’m on the refund Omi team. Just seems fair when you have to change the description because you realized the way it’s written is misleading.
  • Options
    tvxr9z8bfe32.jpg
    5x8ii0qa938r.jpg
    91dh46z0n5ub.png

Removing the sentence because Bane's bonuses persisting only to himself after death sounds stupid, does it not? At least you're removing the sentence. By the way, there was no confusion about it. It's poorly worded and was done so to sell Bane as a Wat replacement. That's how it was pitched to us, we bought it, and then it got screwed up.. Wat should re-enter the chat since the Unique goes down the toilet once Bane dies for the most part. You realize people are using Wat since tank tech persists after death, right? If it's not gonna work the same, then don't say it will.

Bane's cool when he's alive, but it sucks it's not the way you had us all believing. Perhaps CG should get some folks on the team to help them analyze their wording, since there are so many things in their kits that are poorly worded or left vague.
  • YurArm
    18 posts Member
    Options
    Bane's live matter
    Or
    Wat live matter

??
  • Hortus
    628 posts Member
    Options
    I think people take "Wat replacement" role of Bane way too literally. Pretty obvious he was intended to give SEE ability to duo most squads in the game, which SSE+Wat already did before. Does Bane achieve this role? Obviously big YES, it's one of the most overpowered characters ever released in the game. And if someone still prefer Wat... well, they can have it and also have another overpowered duo squad (Bane leader+another sith). Can't see any reason to complain here, really.
  • Options
    It's fairly obvious that's what they meant, they just didn't hit it correctly the first time, and instead of making it right, they decided to gaslight us instead.
  • Options
    tvxr9z8bfe32.jpg
    5x8ii0qa938r.jpg
    91dh46z0n5ub.png

Removing the sentence because Bane's bonuses persisting only to himself after death sounds stupid, does it not? At least you're removing the sentence. By the way, there was no confusion about it. It's poorly worded and was done so to sell Bane as a Wat replacement. That's how it was pitched to us, we bought it, and then it got screwed up.. Wat should re-enter the chat since the Unique goes down the toilet once Bane dies for the most part. You realize people are using Wat since tank tech persists after death, right? If it's not gonna work the same, then don't say it will.

Bane's cool when he's alive, but it sucks it's not the way you had us all believing. Perhaps CG should get some folks on the team to help them analyze their wording, since there are so many things in their kits that are poorly worded or left vague.

So basically he's not a SEE lifter, nor did you intend for him to be a SEE lifter. So as was previously mentioned, when are we getting a SEE lifter?

Based on this, Bane will be better as lead with one other high relic Sith because when he dies, SEE dies.

Though, Bane had followers that weren't "Sith". So Bane should work with inquisitors, DS UFUs, and even DS bounty hunters to make a full team, just as long as there are only two Sith on the team.

At the end of the day, it seems like the right hand of CG doesn't even know there's a left hand and whoever is in the lead at CG isn't ensuring everyone is working cohesively. Maybe you might want to work on that so all the hard work people are doing on the game isn't being wasted or confused with your expectation.
  • Options
    At least Bane+1 is better than SEE+Wat. We may not have gotten what we were told, but we did get something better. And everyone with SEE and Bane also have a high relic fodder unit to pair with Bane.

I'm not saying what happened was okay. But, at least this time, CG undersold the unit.