Ban appeal status

Madmax1980
10 posts Member
edited March 12
Hi. My ally code is 236988998. I was banned on 03/08/2024. I'd like to know about the status of my ban appeal. Thanks
Post edited by CG_Tusken_Meathead on

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5033 posts Member
    Options
    Your previous thread says it has been appealed. If you are still banned, then they have found reasons for that ban to stand.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/268935/please-help#latest
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    seems like

without a shadow of a doubt

you are a cheater
  • Madmax1980
    10 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Options
    I say again. I haven't cheated in any mode or manner.
    The result of that match would not have affected my rankings as I was already at about 3700 in K1 and a loss wouldn't have pushed me into K2. I cannot explain .gg shows about that match.
    I was sitting at 41k crystals with all toons unlocked (except Bo Mandalore, with 3/4 reqs finished) and had no reason to cheat.
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    edited March 12
    Options
    Madmax1980 wrote: »
    I say again. I haven't cheated in any mode or manner.
    The result of that match would not have affected my rankings as I was already at about 3700 in K1 and a loss wouldn't have pushed me into K2. I cannot explain .gg shows about that match.
    I was sitting at 41k crystals with all toons unlocked (except Bo Mandalore, with 3/4 reqs finished) and had no reason to cheat.

maybe it was that match

maybe it was something else

we aren't privy to it other than whatever it was - it resulted in a ban which is not going to be reversed
    Post edited by Ultra on
  • Options
    Thanks. I've been a player since Nov 2016, so sad to go. Shout out to my guildmates for their loyalty, help and advice.
  • ddlooping2
    1047 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Options
    This is an absolutely ridiculous decision, sorry to hear it @Madmax1980 :/

It's also worrying that a glitch in either the game and/or swgoh.gg can get players banned. :|
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »

It's also worrying that a glitch in either the game and/or swgoh.gg can get players banned. :|

CG don’t look at .gg to ban players

they can pull their own internal data
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

And we all know how "glitch/bug" free CG developments always are, right? :|
  • Options
    In a game full of old uncorrected glitches and new upcoming bugs its convenient and cheaper to blame the player
  • Sdtbarbarossa
    366 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Options
    Im pretty sure the Ban was because of Obvious reasons. Like Cheating in PvE (Conquest / TB / Raid ) or whatever. Usually CG would unban you if the case is "in question". It must be a very clear case to them.
  • Options
    I spend crystals in Conquest upto 3×100 refreshes,sometimes even 200 refreshes, so I can finish asap as I find it a chore.
    TB we get 36☆ and its a team effort and no incentive to cheat in TB.
    As for raids, I've missed posting a score the last 2 due to work.
    Like I said, I'm FTP at 11.1M with all GL's, Conquest characters, Journey characters unlocked(other than Bo Mandalore). Sitting on a hoard of 41k crystals.
    I was already in K1 with close to 3700 points. So even a loss in the last 3v3 match wouldn't have pushed me into K2. Anyways I'm bouncing between K1 and K2 so that's not a problem for me.
    I haven't cheated. I don't know how the system works so I can't tell you what happened or why.
  • Options
    I love this game and been playing since Nov 2016. I've spent a lot of time, energy and thought into my account.
  • Options
    You would at least expect an explanation as to how they concluded cheating was involved.
    Especially when the player in question has been playing for close to 8 years, with no history of cheating, absolutely no reason to cheat, and based on 1 match in his GAC history.

Feeling for you @Madmax1980 :/
  • Options
    There was an active member of the forums that was busted not too long ago for needlessly cheating in TB. Motive, or lack thereof, is not really a valid defense here.

That said, I do think it would be cool if CG told the cheaters why they were banned--if they appeal and are not reinstated. Then it could be up to them to share with the class what CG told them.
  • Options
    People who cheated don't need to be explained why they were banned. And the reason is always the same: to win without effort.
    Cheaters should stop creating complaint threads. If there's ever a mistake ban, the victim will never be believed.
  • ChuMuc
    42 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Options
    If you were wrongfully banned, I feel for you. But giving a cheater an information why he was banned would lead the cheaters to adjust their tactics to not get banned the next time. You don't help your enemy by telling them how you beat them. So I can understand this. We accept this in the TOS. There is an appeal system that has reinstated many players wrongfully banned. But two different persons at cg likely looked at the actions of the account and came to the same conclusion.
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

And we all know how "glitch/bug" free CG developments always are, right? :|

Your friend is a cheater - accept it and move on
This discussion has been closed.