Grand arena, why are people letting me win?

Prev1
Hi so I’m in Kyber two wi4bwlld4ekp46.png
th5enjt4wiwht3.png
7mill gp never touched a datacron never will. The past 3 matches in what I’m sure my opponents could easily beat me they attacked once and stopped. Is Kyber one that bad or something?

Replies

• Options
    Some people don't like 3v3. Other people prefer to spend a whole hour of a saturday with the family instead of playing gac. Multiple possible reasons.
  • Options
    More and more people are finding GAC less enjoyable overall both 3v3 but also 5v5. Less people put in effort and even the gac streamers are finding less engagement from viewers on it
    #JediFactionRework2018
  • Options
    One of my issues is that I work a lot (Not that other people don’t), and I forget to fight. So to mitigate losing out on rewards, I will fight a team and beat them, that way if I have time I can do it, but if I don’t, I don’t lose out on rewards. That’s one verifiable reason right there.
  • LordDirt
    5033 posts Member
    Options
    Always hated GA, I usually just do bare minimum
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Appreciate it, was scared that if I made it to Kyber one it would be a terrible place but glad to hear that isn’t what the issue is.
  • Options
    Also, with new squish, K1 isn't what it used to be. Easier to make it and stay there than before. So effort levels are down. For example, see my last 6 matches (.gg in sig)
  • Options
    That makes sense I was more confused on the consistency of the people knocking out one team then just stopping. As if I was missing something.
  • Options
    If you want to understand an individual’s behavior do you:

1) ask the person directly
    2) create a forum thread asking other people to guess as to why the person behaved the way they did

I guess you went with #2
  • Options
    That’s the order!
  • Options
    Beau0216 wrote: »
    If you want to understand an individual’s behavior do you:

1) ask the person directly
    2) create a forum thread asking other people to guess as to why the person behaved the way they did

I guess you went with #2

I have given up messaging opponents in GA. Most people simply deny my request to chat. A number of times I simply wanted to congratulate my opponent for beating me, but my chat request was denied. So in defence of the OP, maybe they also were denied in their attempt in asking people directly.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    That’s the order!

The point is you should only be doing number 1. No one here can answer the question.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    That’s the order!

The point is you should only be doing number 1. No one here can answer the question.

Number 2 is the best option on Wednesdays
  • Options
    Mostly I do one battle and go about my business in 3v3. Unless I'm just really hurting for crystals, it's not going to get my effort and attention. Rarely I'll actually put in some effort, but that's mostly just when my daily crystal spend ticks up. Don't overthink it - it's not about people 'letting you win' so much as it's people not having the time or the inclination to engage.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Maybe boring dying game, too much time consuming. Better live the real life and just do the minimum
  • Options
    One word:
    apathy
    def: lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
  • Options
    That’s the order!

I have had this type of conversation 3 times this week with guildmates and in game friends. Mostly people are like OP and are curious as to what’s going on. I think it’s a valid topic :)
    Seems to boils down to time or people who always do the min. To collect at least base rewards.
  • Options
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    That’s the order!

I have had this type of conversation 3 times this week with guildmates and in game friends. Mostly people are like OP and are curious as to what’s going on. I think it’s a valid topic :)
    Seems to boils down to time or people who always do the min. To collect at least base rewards.

Speculating is fine, but the only person that can answer OP’s question is their opponent
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    LastNeuron wrote: »
    Maybe boring dying game, too much time consuming. Better live the real life and just do the minimum

Game has been dying since launch.
  • Options
    I’ve tried contacting them, never get a reply so I went here. I think it’s fair to ask questions.
  • Options
    I’ve tried contacting them, never get a reply so I went here. I think it’s fair to ask questions.

Of course it's fair, and a healthy conversation doesn't hurt anyone.
  • Disruptor92
    847 posts Member
    edited April 14
    Options

If you think about it, if you keep saying that the game is dying every single day, the day where it ends up being true will inevitably come at some point. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
  • JediMasterVader
    47 posts Member
    edited April 14
    Options
    The players active are 300k. I think we will be good for sometime. Plus you like the game or you wouldn’t be here, and it’s great to have a game with a community that has passion for the franchise! So let’s enjoy what we have!
  • Options

Just like in real life…every day is a day closer to dying. Why would this game be any different?
  • Options
    I’m not here to discourage conversation or to comment on the merit of the topic.

As TVF and prettyfly rightly pointed out (and several people seem to have misinterpreted) from my original comment is that the only way to arrive at the correct conclusion as to an individual’s behavior is for that person to explain themselves. If they refuse to do so, you will never understand their behavior. Just a fact.

You can speculate as you like, but it’s effectively worthless to do so, save for you satisfying the desire to engage in a dialogue. If you find the dialogue to be satisfying, well, that’s a win for you. Personally, I don’t like asking questions of an audience who are wholly incapable of answering them, but that’s just me.
  • Options
    Doing one battle just keeps you ticking over.
    Who has the time to spend about an hour doing a full clear in 3v3 gac especially if there's no guarantee of winning.
  • Options
    Who has the time to spend about an hour doing a full clear in 3v3 gac especially if there's no guarantee of winning.

Presumably all of the people who fully clear in GAC
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    edited April 15
    Options

My first two full clears this week were for 2080 and 2072 banners, which encouraged both my opponents to give up after scoring just one win each.
  • Options
    Sometimes I’ll do an attack and think I’ll have more time to finish later, then I end up not. Or sometimes I’ll just forget entirely.
  • rickertron
    334 posts Member
    edited April 15
    Options
    I like competition. I take on all comers in GAC, sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. Sometimes the opponent puts forth a: weak effort, strong effort or no show. That is the life of competition. I Like GAC.
  • Options
    3v3 is horrible. I auto one battle and then usually don’t bother again unless I’m just really bored.