GeoLS TB

Prev1
Bigfish_Aus
81 posts Member
edited April 19
Thought on the TB still running. I decided as the guild leader to set the commands and run it as if it isn’t going to be removed just in case they end up running it still. Has been a number of hours now.
Post edited by CG_Tusken_Meathead on

Replies

• Warch
    13 posts Member
    edited April 16
    Options
    We've done the same. Assume it will eventually be cancelled but airing on the side of caution
    Post edited by Warch on
  • Options
    It kinda just feels wrong NOT to do TB even knowing it's going to get cancelled lol
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    I started to play the TB…and then I remembered…4 waves?!?
  • Options
    I needed reminding that the big difference - is that the CM points matter far more than the ops + deployments
  • TakumaTomo
    16 posts Member
    edited April 16
    Options
    A lot in our guild are worried that if we decide to do ls Geo work, that cg will decide that anyone who get rewards from this Geo TB.. they will refuse to cough up the rote rewards and just blame us for trying to double dip even though it was their screw up
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    We need more clarification on what’s happening from CG for sure. There are guilds that were trying ROTE for first time. What do they get? This is why I suggested even rewards across the board. We were set to improve, many other guilds too. Do those who signed up for Geo or Hoth get only Geo & Hoth rewards as compensation?

I’ve paid more money to this game compared to any other in my life. We deserve better rewards than simply what was earned last time. And tbh I’m saving them man-hours by just making a simple make-good compensation equal across the board. As a player it’s good to know the game is going to work, but if it doesn’t I’ll do even better in compensation. That’s a sign of a company that cares about customer service, CG/EA (I figured I would share that last bit since you continue to act how you do).
  • Options
    TakumaTomo wrote: »
    A lot in our guild are worried that if we decide to do ls Geo work, that cg will decide that anyone who get rewards from this Geo TB.. they will refuse to cough up the rote rewards and just blame us for trying to double dip even though it was their screw up

Why are they worried about that? Has it ever happened that CG promises rewards and didn't deliver? If CG says rewards are coming, I'm pretty confident rewards are coming. Also, they're not in the habit of placing blame on players for anything.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options

Why are they worried about that? Has it ever happened that CG promises rewards and didn't deliver? If CG says rewards are coming, I'm pretty confident rewards are coming. Also, they're not in the habit of placing blame on players for anything.

I get it. But I could see CG translating a guild's decision to work on the TB available as said group agreeing to take Geo rewards in place of ROTE rewards. No one can be 100% sure unless it's elaborated on.
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »
    We need more clarification on what’s happening from CG for sure. There are guilds that were trying ROTE for first time. What do they get? This is why I suggested even rewards across the board. We were set to improve, many other guilds too. Do those who signed up for Geo or Hoth get only Geo & Hoth rewards as compensation?

I’ve paid more money to this game compared to any other in my life. We deserve better rewards than simply what was earned last time. And tbh I’m saving them man-hours by just making a simple make-good compensation equal across the board. As a player it’s good to know the game is going to work, but if it doesn’t I’ll do even better in compensation. That’s a sign of a company that cares about customer service, CG/EA (I figured I would share that last bit since you continue to act how you do).

They get exactly what they got in their last completed TB. I don’t know what you guys are smoking. They are going to be GIVING you rewards with NO effort on your part. No CMs, no platoons, no deployment, no headaches trying to manage 49 other people to maximize your rewards. With conquest starting yesterday take whatever time you were going to spend in TB and put it in to that. Don’t like conquest then enjoy the free rewards for doing nothing whenever they drop.

SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options

I get it. But I could see CG translating a guild's decision to work on the TB available as said group agreeing to take Geo rewards in place of ROTE rewards. No one can be 100% sure unless it's elaborated on.

There’s no need for elaboration. CG said they were going to CANCEL the TB event so anyone trying to push forth with a current running TB is going to be sorely disappointed in what I suspect will be in a few hours when they actually pull it.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Boofpoof wrote: »

They get exactly what they got in their last completed TB. I don’t know what you guys are smoking. They are going to be GIVING you rewards with NO effort on your part. No CMs, no platoons, no deployment, no headaches trying to manage 49 other people to maximize your rewards. With conquest starting yesterday take whatever time you were going to spend in TB and put it in to that. Don’t like conquest then enjoy the free rewards for doing nothing whenever they drop.

Smart attacking someone who did nothing wrong (me). CG on the other hand... But keep defending them. MTFBWY!
  • StarSon
    7450 posts Member
    Options

Smart attacking someone who did nothing wrong (me). CG on the other hand... But keep defending them. MTFBWY!

Because you're spouting nonsense. Why do you think we need clarification? Their statement was super clear and concise. And why on earth would we deserve more than getting the same rewards as last time while not having to actually do anything for them?
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    The more I think about it, many have been programmed to try and do as little as possible in the game and getting best rewards possible. However some people actually ENJOY playing the events, working together in guild, filling platoons etc. With this bug, that’s all taken away. One might look at doing nothing for the rewards as a GREAT thing, but others like myself are missing out on the FUN that I’m supposed to be able to PLAY! Why do we get stuck with 2-week old rewards for missing out on what our hard-earned money should have PAID for? This is the reason I believe compensation should go beyond what we’ve earned in the past.

I suggested an “easier” fix for them with their time and an exceedingly happier player base for getting more from CGs mistake. We STILL miss out on the playing opportunity but extra compensation beyond playing and rewards helps to cover missing out on playing. Other guilds’ differing circumstances entering the event were also taken into consideration, reinforcing my belief in a simple across the board compensation where every single player benefits.

CG, I ENJOY your game. I would rather have played TB than do nothing for lesser rewards. My confidence in the team to keep things working correctly has been severely damaged. Extra compensation would help me believe that you want to provide an excellent gaming experience, but if you fall short on that promise you’ll give just a little extra to ensure to us that you care.

This will all likely fall on deaf ears and we will likely get previous rewards, but then CG/EA will be acknowledging the possibility of my personal limited trust and confidence in their products now and in the future. How many people feel similarly? Obviously I have no idea, but how is LOTR: HOME going? So many people have already walked away or stopped spending, how long do you want to keep on this cheapskate position?
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Because you're spouting nonsense. Why do you think we need clarification? Their statement was super clear and concise. And why on earth would we deserve more than getting the same rewards as last time while not having to actually do anything for them?

Read above.
  • StarSon
    7450 posts Member
    Options

Read above.

That's great that you want to play the game. But you're not "doing nothing for lesser rewards," you are "doing nothing for the same rewards." I would much rather the event be cancelled and we get appropriate rewards than they try to shoe-horn something in and screw with schedules.

Also, HoME was shut down a couple months ago.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Read above.

That's great that you want to play the game. But you're not "doing nothing for lesser rewards," you are "doing nothing for the same rewards." I would much rather the event be cancelled and we get appropriate rewards than they try to shoe-horn something in and screw with schedules.

Same rewards are lesser rewards over time. Those rewards are 2 weeks old at minimum. Some guilds rotate TBs so thier last ROTE could be over a month ago.

I’m not asking for max crate, I’m asking to play the game mode. Since messing up schedules etc. really isn’t an option it’s up to them to satisfy me (the customer). I’m not satisfied and feel free to disagree with your own perspective. I take no issue that you’re happy with it. I just think we all deserve better. Hence my return to the forums.

Obviously HOME is shut down, that was the point.
  • Options
    The more I think about it, many have been programmed to try and do as little as possible in the game and getting best rewards possible. However some people actually ENJOY playing the events, working together in guild, filling platoons etc. With this bug, that’s all taken away. One might look at doing nothing for the rewards as a GREAT thing, but others like myself are missing out on the FUN that I’m supposed to be able to PLAY! Why do we get stuck with 2-week old rewards for missing out on what our hard-earned money should have PAID for? This is the reason I believe compensation should go beyond what we’ve earned in the past.

I suggested an “easier” fix for them with their time and an exceedingly happier player base for getting more from CGs mistake. We STILL miss out on the playing opportunity but extra compensation beyond playing and rewards helps to cover missing out on playing. Other guilds’ differing circumstances entering the event were also taken into consideration, reinforcing my belief in a simple across the board compensation where every single player benefits.

CG, I ENJOY your game. I would rather have played TB than do nothing for lesser rewards. My confidence in the team to keep things working correctly has been severely damaged. Extra compensation would help me believe that you want to provide an excellent gaming experience, but if you fall short on that promise you’ll give just a little extra to ensure to us that you care.

This will all likely fall on deaf ears and we will likely get previous rewards, but then CG/EA will be acknowledging the possibility of my personal limited trust and confidence in their products now and in the future. How many people feel similarly? Obviously I have no idea, but how is LOTR: HOME going? So many people have already walked away or stopped spending, how long do you want to keep on this cheapskate position?

Take a chill pill
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Beau0216 wrote: »

Take a chill pill

After you, MTFBWY!
  • StarSon
    7450 posts Member
    Options

Read above.

Same rewards are lesser rewards over time. Those rewards are 2 weeks old at minimum. Some guilds rotate TBs so thier last ROTE could be over a month ago.

I’m not asking for max crate, I’m asking to play the game mode. Since messing up schedules etc. really isn’t an option it’s up to them to satisfy me (the customer). I’m not satisfied and feel free to disagree with your own perspective. I take no issue that you’re happy with it. I just think we all deserve better. Hence my return to the forums.

You can ask to play it all you want, but that is clearly not going to happen. Unfortunate, but sometimes problems arise. The response from CG is more than adequate, and it's not their job to "satisfy you," or give you more free stuff because you "deserve better."

Also, I hadn't really thought about the fact that previous TB for some would be DS Geo instead of RotE, even though they would have done RotE this time. Unfortunate for them, but they will get less rewards. CG cannot be expected to handle every edge case.

And why ask about HoME, particularly in the way you did, if you already knew it was shut down?
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Read above.

You can ask to play it all you want, but that is clearly not going to happen. Unfortunate, but sometimes problems arise. The response from CG is more than adequate, and it's not their job to "satisfy you," or give you more free stuff because you "deserve better."

Also, I hadn't really thought about the fact that previous TB for some would be DS Geo instead of RotE, even though they would have done RotE this time. Unfortunate for them, but they will get less rewards. CG cannot be expected to handle every edge case.

And why ask about HoME, particularly in the way you did, if you already knew it was shut down?

I disagree with your assessment of how customer service should work, but that’s ok. You’re entitled to your opinion as well.

Tbh my arguments are not even really about me, it is the principle. My previous rewards in ROTE are just fine since we run it and we are probably only losing a little bit from the effort. In my opinion the outlier scenarios are EXACTLY who they should consider in a make good scenario if it’s their own fault. Take it or leave it there. To be even more clear, if they had a major power outage for a few hours or something, I would be less inclined to voice anything.

I don’t want what happened to HOME to happen here. Poor customer service can lead to that outcome, hence the inclusion of the argument.

I’ve pretty much said all I can on this matter. I feel I’ve offered rational perspectives on why the solution CG is currently choosing to employ is not enough. I’m fine with disagreement and ultimately no change to their approach, but there will likely be consequences down the road again.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry one last thing, the post from Meathead said nothing about Reva shards nor GET currencies from Special missions. Could we get clarification on that at minimum please @CG_Tusken_Meathead?
  • TakumaTomo
    16 posts Member
    edited April 16
    Options
    I do also want to make a note that right before ROTE was pulled completely for this event cycle, members of our guild were successfully able to set toons into ROTE operations, showing there was a very short window of time where it was working properly, just many hours late to start (and I assume without mandatore or whatever had caused the issue).

Make of this what you will.
  • Options

They store at least the last two TBs, so they'd have the last TB during the light side cycle and could actually choose the better reward from either light or dark.

While the previous rewards is an okay deal for my guild, I can see why others might be upset and that previous rewards may not really be good enough. Guilds grow and do better. If it's less than they could have earned, then it's really not sufficient.
  • Options

Read above.

I disagree with your assessment of how customer service should work, but that’s ok. You’re entitled to your opinion as well.

Tbh my arguments are not even really about me, it is the principle. My previous rewards in ROTE are just fine since we run it and we are probably only losing a little bit from the effort. In my opinion the outlier scenarios are EXACTLY who they should consider in a make good scenario if it’s their own fault. Take it or leave it there. To be even more clear, if they had a major power outage for a few hours or something, I would be less inclined to voice anything.

I don’t want what happened to HOME to happen here. Poor customer service can lead to that outcome, hence the inclusion of the argument.

I’ve pretty much said all I can on this matter. I feel I’ve offered rational perspectives on why the solution CG is currently choosing to employ is not enough. I’m fine with disagreement and ultimately no change to their approach, but there will likely be consequences down the road again.

While I understand and somewhat agree with the suggestion to overcompensate a bit to offset any possible gains this TB as well as compensate us for our lost playtime, I wholeheartedly disagree with your specific suggestion here of even rewards for everyone, i.e. matching what the highest scoring guild got last time.

I would love to see CG handing out end of TB rewards + SM loot + something for our trouble, but in my mind that "something for our trouble" shouldn't be to the extreme of awarding Hoth guilds with the loot from 44* in ROTE, nor do I feel like that would be within reasonable expectations for ROTE guilds.

Aside from it being way above what could be expected, you also need to consider the feeling of fairness in compensation distribution from other guilds. Relatively the guild which got 44* last time who now get "just" the same rewards would be shorted significantly vs. the guild scoring 12* last time and suddenly receiving rewards for an extra 32*.
    And taking your own argument, wouldn't you be "cheating" in a sense the top guilds since they will just get the same rewards, with no room for improvement? Should they then be getting something extra on top?

As I recall the last couple of f ups, CG actually came out with make goods which felt pretty well balanced at least to me, so until proven wrong I'm going to trust them on this one to hand out something that is fair, but not extravagant.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

Read above.

While I understand and somewhat agree with the suggestion to overcompensate a bit to offset any possible gains this TB as well as compensate us for our lost playtime, I wholeheartedly disagree with your specific suggestion here of even rewards for everyone, i.e. matching what the highest scoring guild got last time.

I would love to see CG handing out end of TB rewards + SM loot + something for our trouble, but in my mind that "something for our trouble" shouldn't be to the extreme of awarding Hoth guilds with the loot from 44* in ROTE, nor do I feel like that would be within reasonable expectations for ROTE guilds.

Aside from it being way above what could be expected, you also need to consider the feeling of fairness in compensation distribution from other guilds. Relatively the guild which got 44* last time who now get "just" the same rewards would be shorted significantly vs. the guild scoring 12* last time and suddenly receiving rewards for an extra 32*.
    And taking your own argument, wouldn't you be "cheating" in a sense the top guilds since they will just get the same rewards, with no room for improvement? Should they then be getting something extra on top?

As I recall the last couple of f ups, CG actually came out with make goods which felt pretty well balanced at least to me, so until proven wrong I'm going to trust them on this one to hand out something that is fair, but not extravagant.

I find your take very agreeable.

I actually mentioned somewhere else that it should probably be best guild score (44* is it?) plus 1. Maybe 2 would even be better. Everyone would do better that way. But that could still feel unfair to those top guilds and that’s a reasonable feeling. I mostly suggested a simple 1 package to everyone to make CG lives easier in the process too (they’ve got a TB to fix after all, wasting time divvying up rewards after looking at what’s actually fair for each guild seems silly). I could get behind many other solutions for the “something for our trouble”, but last TB rewards is not the fair solution in my opinion.

Again this changed very little for me (I bet our guy who did put his useless NS initiate up to R8 before this TB for operations would argue with me), but I’m in the normal bell curve of players. Others are not. I’m arguing for them. The outliers matter.
  • Options

Lol all I said was you’re getting the same rewards you got from the last completed TB. It was YOU who came in here touting the whole notion that there should be “better” rewards when you’ve done nothing to earn those “better” rewards. How is that “defending” them?

An error occurred. Apparently there was no easy fix. They cancelled the TB event and clearly stated fair compensation (aka what you earned last TB) was coming. What is there to defend? Get over yourself dude.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Lol all I said was you’re getting the same rewards you got from the last completed TB. It was YOU who came in here touting the whole notion that there should be “better” rewards when you’ve done nothing to earn those “better” rewards. How is that “defending” them?

An error occurred. Apparently there was no easy fix. They cancelled the TB event and clearly stated fair compensation (aka what you earned last TB) was coming. What is there to defend? Get over yourself dude.

That’s your opinion, “what are you smoking?”
  • Options

There’s no need for elaboration. CG said they were going to CANCEL the TB event so anyone trying to push forth with a current running TB is going to be sorely disappointed in what I suspect will be in a few hours when they actually pull it.

Yet it is still active. I would much prefer to push forward and be disappointed than do nothing and find out I missed out.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    This bickering is pointless. We should all be ganging up on Ultra.

@Ultra fleets TB is broken.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Also it’s not clearly stated. Even if they stay with “fair” rewards, what about Reva shards & SM rewards? Not mentioned in the post.
This discussion has been closed.