Mk5 Arakyd Droid Callers, who needs them? Craft them now!

Replies

• Options
    grind·ing
    ˈɡrīndiNG/
    adjective
    adjective: grinding
    (of a state) oppressive, tedious, and seemingly without end.
    "grinding poverty"
    (of a sound or motion) harsh and grating
  • Options
    I hope this is some sort of april fools joke by the devs because this aint nice.
  • Options
    Good call thanks.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Options
    I went through and crafted some other stuff too. You never know if they don't mention all the changes.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    **** can you do one for the other 3 peices listed in the patch notes?! i would really like to know who will need the nurubian something with the 40% potency :)

Someone else will have to step up, I'm at work.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Refunds???
  • Options
    Mc1 wrote: »
    Refunds???

What about them? That they're against TOS to discuss on the forum and have no relevance to this thread whatsoever? Yeah, I agree.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    WildGrunt wrote: »
    QGJ seems to need only one, are you sure he needs 2?

He needs one at gear level 7 and another at gear 9. Obviously this is subject to change.

The only thing you should take from this thread is that you should farm at least 20 of these for all of the heroes posted and all of the heroes added in the future. I'll be spending all of my energy on these until the next update.
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Omg Anakin became impossible to gear up now. He was already very hard to gear at VIII-->IX with 170 purple item and they add even more? Someone at CG really hates this guy...
  • Options
    I bet this is an April fools joke to get us all to use up our stocked up energy.
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Options
    I bet this is an April fools joke to get us all to use up our stocked up energy.

If they did that, everyone would probably delete the app and not look back...

SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Options
    @Cosmicturtle3333 I appreciate the info, you probably saved me a couple of Migraines down the road.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Who needs the MK7? Built everything I could, none of my characters are showing this being needed.
  • wikking4u
    60 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Do you really think that we can use the gear that we create now after the patch without the new pieces?

I strongly think they just rename the gear we can craft now and add 50 of the new pieces together with the old part to get the new one.

So that everyone has to wait (and pay).

• Options
    I dont even know what gear youre talking about. How are any of you guys able to learn the names of these things?
  • Options
    Can someone tell me what battle they're in?
  • klay
    76 posts Member
    Options
    So this maybe a stupid question and I feel like I should already know the answer but how do you make the gear ahead of time? Are you just finding it on a toon that also has it and making more? What if you have the mats but no toons that can make the gear yet?

Correct, you have to have a character already that requires that piece of equipment. That's the only way to make it. However, it makes zero sense that they haven't made a way to craft gear outisde of having a character need it.
  • Options
    wikking4u wrote: »
    Do you really think that we can use the gear that we create now after the patch without the new pieces?

I strongly think they just rename the gear we can craft now and add 50 of the new pieces together with the old part to get the new one.

With less than 20 hours notice, they're inducing panic spending and people to use their saved energy. It's an excellent strategy. My hat is off to them as I myself am spending up saved energy and going to exhaust a good 1K in crystals by morrow's end.
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Options
    **** can you do one for the other 3 peices listed in the patch notes?! i would really like to know who will need the nurubian something with the 40% potency :)

Given the time and resources available, the Mk5 Droid Caller is the only really viable one for most people to grind near-term. It's also by far the more common of the components, needed by many many toons as listed in the OP.

The other items require that you had already banged out multiple iterations of other 50x grind items already, which is far fewer people at this point, imho. e.g. Yoda and GS would already need to be at Gear IX to see the craft recipes for:

Mk 7 Nubian Security Scanner: Yoda
    Mk 6 Nubian Design Tech: Yoda, GS

The Mk5 CEC Fusion Furnace has been a lost cause for people for a while now I think (70x purples each)... now even moreso. ;)

SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    wikking4u wrote: »

With less than 20 hours notice, they're inducing panic spending and people to use their saved energy. It's an excellent strategy. My hat is off to them as I myself am spending up saved energy and going to exhaust a good 1K in crystals by morrow's end.

This is probably true. I know I used up about 1500 energy farming parts.
  • Options
    Hmm I just crafted 3..all I could
    I Hope they come in handy
  • Beewl
    129 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yeah, slick way to get us to dump stockpiled energy.

I blew through my saved energy and managed to make 3 x MK 5 droid callers. Oiy...

Forget about the CEC furnace for now.
  • Options
    Thx cosmic turle :)
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    What a horrible thing to do :'( add 50 gear pieces to all these things. Just going to have to use whatever energy I can scrape up to try and construct the gear before the change
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    My daka and qgj need this at level 74 and I was so happy that they were easy to craft and I didn't have to worry about them but now I need to rush and try and craft them before the update
  • Options
    they will eventually add in more gear in challenges
  • Options
    Bump for justice
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Do we know or anticipate how much xp will it require to get to level 72? I need to choose between grinding gear asap or hoard energy for xp gain and it would be really useful if i know that.
    Thanks