Please remove Gungan Challenge

Please remove this gungan challenge from the game and never run it again. You made this senario unplayable, the theme is trash, and it is not fun which is the entire point of a game.

Replies

• Options
    Please remove this gungan challenge from the game and never run it again. You made this senario unplayable, the theme is trash, and it is not fun which is the entire point of a game.

Not unplayable, I got the red crate fairly easy
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • Options
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options

Come on now, this is not a fairly easy GC. It's great you have the right toons but let's not pretend this is something the majority can fairly easy accomplish.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

Come on now, this is not a fairly easy GC. It's great you have the right toons but let's not pretend this is something the majority can fairly easy accomplish.

I beat it with the Inquistors and also with LV+Inquistors. If you don’t have these characters by now, maybe the red crate isn’t for you 🤷
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options

I beat it with the Inquistors and also with LV+Inquistors. If you don’t have these characters by now, maybe the red crate isn’t for you 🤷

I never said anything about Red crate... no need to use that kind of "argument ", especially because I even said in the other thread that it is not about red crate. Again, if even GLs get obliterated on lower tiers, nevermind the highest, and the majority of players agree that this is aweful, then maybe it is.

Inquisitors, especially Reva and LV are not toons that people normally get very quickly or that are high on anyone's list when they build their account.

I have 3 GLs, SLKR, SEE and Leia, I have 2 GL ships, Profundity and Leviathan and I have almost every Conquest toon leveled up and my account is 7.7M. I would also consider my account quite good. No it's not endgame, but I never said so and I often enough made it quite clear that I do not expect everything to fall into my lap. I am quite aware of all that. But that's not even what this is about

I am not some small player that wants Red crate and just whines just because I have a small roster, but to pretend that this is an easy GC just because you have those toons and to act as if those toons are what everyone has high on their list when building out their roster is absolutely not the way to go. And you know it.

I don't even care if I don't get the Red crate. The reason why I am writing this here is because I can't stand it if people only base everything around their experience and how easy it is for them and seem not to be able to see, how a "normal" player might experience things when they are not absolute endgame.
  • Options

I never said anything about Red crate... no need to use that kind of "argument ", especially because I even said in the other thread that it is not about red crate. Again, if even GLs get obliterated on lower tiers, nevermind the highest, and the majority of players agree that this is aweful, then maybe it is.

Inquisitors, especially Reva and LV are not toons that people normally get very quickly or that are high on anyone's list when they build their account.

I have 3 GLs, SLKR, SEE and Leia, I have 2 GL ships, Profundity and Leviathan and I have almost every Conquest toon leveled up and my account is 7.7M. I would also consider my account quite good. No it's not endgame, but I never said so and I often enough made it quite clear that I do not expect everything to fall into my lap. I am quite aware of all that. But that's not even what this is about

I am not some small player that wants Red crate and just whines just because I have a small roster, but to pretend that this is an easy GC just because you have those toons and to act as if those toons are what everyone has high on their list when building out their roster is absolutely not the way to go. And you know it.

I don't even care if I don't get the Red crate. The reason why I am writing this here is because I can't stand it if people only base everything around their experience and how easy it is for them and seem not to be able to see, how a "normal" player might experience things when they are not absolute endgame.

OP said it was unplayable, which is false.
    I don’t know or care why you’re going off about this.
    Have a blessed day
  • TVF
    36767 posts Member
    Options
    TIL inquisitors are "absolute endgame"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

TIL people read what they want to read even when that is not what has been written.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

TIL people read what they want to read even when that is not what has been written.

I can sympathize with you
  • enlguy
    90 posts Member
    edited June 17
    Options
    Came here hoping a better chance of CG seeing this... reddit is ticked off about the challenge. There are two main concerns, beyond that it deals with a faction no one likes or wanted in the game.

1) Bugged - crashing, freezing, skipped frames in animations... it wasn't working the last event with them, and still isn't working - stop breaking people's devices CG, and do your jobs you've made billions at - why release more bugged content without fixing the bug everyone has already complained about a million times??

2) Difficulty - lots of people on reddit talking about being wiped on Tier 5 using GLs. This is NOT the same level of difficulty as other GCs, clearly. CG keeps beefing up this faction on AI to try and get people to spend money on these kitten characters no one wants. Typical CG - don't listen to anyone, just keep digging a deeper and deeper hole you'll find yourself in.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    The more I play, the more absurd this challenge is. GLs do absolutely nothing past level VII (and I needed hardcore RNG to actually beat level VII). SEE's ultimate did absolutely no damage even on lower levels, SLKR barely made it. Gungans seem to have 100% evasion? And unlimited TM? Their modifier is imbalanced for them more so than other enemy modifiers. You gotta get the shield down, but the shield keeps gaining stacks even after being hit? And, of course, I either get frozen out during the loading screen or experience incredible lag during the Gungans' unlimited turns and debuffs. Gungan AOE takes out 3 players with full health & pro at level VII? The Mandalorian modifier "graciously" gives you 50% to attack out of turn (which is pivotal with Maul lead) but it's all wiped out due to Jar Jar frustration buff. I have almost 9.6 mil GP but I may end up wth only 90 points (the T7 crate). Unsure what else to do but give up. There's no fun in trying to theory craft this challenge; it's not worth it.
  • Options
    The more I play, the more absurd this challenge is. GLs do absolutely nothing past level VII (and I needed hardcore RNG to actually beat level VII). SEE's ultimate did absolutely no damage even on lower levels, SLKR barely made it. Gungans seem to have 100% evasion? And unlimited TM? Their modifier is imbalanced for them more so than other enemy modifiers. You gotta get the shield down, but the shield keeps gaining stacks even after being hit? And, of course, I either get frozen out during the loading screen or experience incredible lag during the Gungans' unlimited turns and debuffs. Gungan AOE takes out 3 players with full health & pro at level VII? The Mandalorian modifier "graciously" gives you 50% to attack out of turn (which is pivotal with Maul lead) but it's all wiped out due to Jar Jar frustration buff. I have almost 9.6 mil GP but I may end up wth only 90 points (the T7 crate). Unsure what else to do but give up. There's no fun in trying to theory craft this challenge; it's not worth it.

I beat it with Maul Mandos (BK, Armorer, BAM, Canderous) and got all the feats on the first try. Now, I don't mind actual challenges (in fact, I find myself a bit disappointed if, barring GL events, stuff like this is too easy), but, yeah, Gungan GCs have been quite annoying so far. This from a 11.6M GP player with all GLs, GL-ish ships and 3/4 of the characters at Relics. Like you said, there's the constant lagging every time they use an ability, though I have to say it wasn't nearly as bad as the Takodana challenge a few weeks ago. Then there's the fact that Phalanx's omi is active (even more annoying considering it isn't listed on the sidebar when you open the event). And also the who-knows-how-many other mechanics they have - evasion, constant TM gain, interrupting your Maul bonus turns, etc.
  • Options
    Unsure how you did it with Mauldorians. I can't even beat level viii, lol. All morning I have been using the same team you mention above. First: the buff immunity only lands maybe 25% of the time during Maul's opening attacks. Second: while Maul is able to get in his opening attacks, the turn order somehow becomes all Gungans even though it was initially listed as all of my toons going first. Third: I frequently have 1 toon with full health & protection getting one-shot or multiple toons with full health & pro getting destroyed by 1 Gungan AOE attack. Remodding hasn't helped. I have experimented over and over again hoping for better RNG, but it's the same result everyt time.
  • Options
    Unsure how you did it with Mauldorians. I can't even beat level viii, lol. All morning I have been using the same team you mention above. First: the buff immunity only lands maybe 25% of the time during Maul's opening attacks. Second: while Maul is able to get in his opening attacks, the turn order somehow becomes all Gungans even though it was initially listed as all of my toons going first. Third: I frequently have 1 toon with full health & protection getting one-shot or multiple toons with full health & pro getting destroyed by 1 Gungan AOE attack. Remodding hasn't helped. I have experimented over and over again hoping for better RNG, but it's the same result everyt time.

Bit Dynasty posted a vid - it's worth watching. It's RNG. Rage inducing, spirit crushing RNG.

This GC was bad and I hope it goes away forever.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    This challenge IS actually unplayable. Every time the Gungans take a turn the game LITERALLY freezes for several seconds. And you literally have Tarpals ONE-SHOTTING YOUR ENTIRE R7-R9 team with a SINGLE AOE. It's absolutely ridiculous. Did they even play test this? How is this any kind of fun or entertaining? And then you have the RNG of the Big Fish constantly going to the Gungans making you reset every time it does.