Current Galactic Challenge

Prev1345
MasterSeedy
5209 posts Member
I may be missing something, because kits are novels these days, but CAT's special is an instant kill that can't be evaded, yet it's being evaded and when it's not evaded it doesn't kill.

I honestly don't know whether this is a bug or a (special) feature, but I really don't care much.

GC's don't have rewards worth going through this. They've outlived their time. Mostly I don't have time to theorycraft a solution to each GC, and the answers aren't interesting enough for me to want to pursue a solution even when I do have time. I either watch a video or just blow it off entirely.

I honestly don't know who GC's are for anymore. I would be super happy to have them removed from the game.

Replies

• Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    I may be missing something, because kits are novels these days, but CAT's special is an instant kill that can't be evaded, yet it's being evaded and when it's not evaded it doesn't kill.

I honestly don't know whether this is a bug or a (special) feature, but I really don't care much.

GC's don't have rewards worth going through this. They've outlived their time. Mostly I don't have time to theorycraft a solution to each GC, and the answers aren't interesting enough for me to want to pursue a solution even when I do have time. I either watch a video or just blow it off entirely.

I honestly don't know who GC's are for anymore. I would be super happy to have them removed from the game.

I agree. Although the rewards like slicing mats and Omis are something I welcome, I definitely don't have the time or the patience to sit on it for hours trying to find a solution. For that the rewards are not good enough or worth it. As Seedy said, either I find a content creator that has a solution I can use with my roster or I just leave it at that. It's just way too much getting on my nerves with some of these overpowered toons and mechanics. Especially when it feels like it is buggy or unintended.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Blubcop
    425 posts Member
    Options

Jar jars unique stops instakills while the shield generator is active.
  • Options
    Thank you.

I knew it was probably in there somewhere, but it's such a pain in the rear to read all that ... and because CG **does** mess up and give us bugged GCs, you don't really know if something you don't expect is WAI or not. You could read everything and still not find it. Such a waste of time.
  • Options
    I beat it with Lord Vader and Darth Bane, put it on auto. It takes a while but he wins.

vq2la8npir75.jpg
  • MasterSeedy
    5209 posts Member
    Options
    I beat it with Lord Vader and Darth Bane, put it on auto. It takes a while but he wins.

I think you're missing the point.
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options

Omicrons make it worth. Also, this time it gives Gungan shards.
  • MasterSeedy
    5209 posts Member
    Options
    Omicrons make it worth.

Your statement, like mine, is opinion. Yours is valid, of course, but it won't convince me.
    Also, this time it gives Gungan shards.

About which I care almost not at all. I collect everything because I play Pokemon style, but the gungan faction and JarJar in particular were abominations in the movies and have been largely -- and wisely -- left out of everything since. I was honestly hoping that JarJar would never come to this game. If he weren't required for the raid, he would be left at g12+0, where I leave all the junk.
  • Options
    Easy red crate with Lord Vader (no ultimate) and Inqs (no Reva). This seemed hard at first but since the Gungans are quite new, you need to get accustomed to them. Initially, I wanted to settle down for 8th box which is not that hard to get.
  • Options
    My game reached a bug with 4 minutes remaining where jar jar just shakes his head a bit but no one on either team can make a move. I recorded a video but don't know how to put it here.
    Also, it was lagging and stuttering awfully bad and my phone is usually fine with the game.
    Also, my SLKR R8 team can't even beat the gear 12s.
    I think I'll just give up on this one. The worst GC I've ever done. Feels like it wasn't tested properly to me.
  • BazG78
    7 posts Member
    Options
    Setting aside the difficulty level. The freeze and lag that accompanied every Gungan turn makes this one absolutely unplayable. I'm going to give this one a pass.

If it was tested I'd suggest new testing team is needed.
  • Seighz
    21 posts Member
    Options
    4knij0nfjf17.jpg
    Gungan phalanx omicron activated is WAI?
  • MasterSeedy
    5209 posts Member
    Options
    The freeze and lag that accompanied every Gungan turn makes this one absolutely unplayable. I'm going to give this one a pass.

Yup.

You know it's going to affect the raid as well. What a disaster.
  • Alinza
    10 posts Member
    edited June 3
    Options
    The performance on my Android mobile phone is extremly bad on this event and it is only this event, the rest of the game works smoothly. Other guild members also reports that bad performance.
    On the PC version, it works also fine.

In our guild, we will also pass this bad quality event.
  • Options
    Someone already asked but y’all glossed over it… can a dev let us know if the omicron on the enemy gungans is intentionally supposed to be on? 100% evasion is pretty easy to notice lol
  • Jacgul
    283 posts Member
    Options
    Awful lagging and g12 gungans wreck R9 Leia, great.
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    Someone already asked but y’all glossed over it… can a dev let us know if the omicron on the enemy gungans is intentionally supposed to be on? 100% evasion is pretty easy to notice lol

You'll have to go report it as a bug on Answers if you want CG to say something about it.
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    Easy red crate with Lord Vader (no ultimate) and Inqs (no Reva). This seemed hard at first but since the Gungans are quite new, you need to get accustomed to them. Initially, I wanted to settle down for 8th box which is not that hard to get.

Easy if you have LV and the Inqs maybe. I am at 7.7M, I have SEE, SLKR and Leia and would consider my roster to be quite good and it is not possible.

I don't even expect Red crate but seriously, if 3 different GLs and other strong squads get destroyed like they are nothing, it is definitely a sign that this GC is not "normal" compared to usually (GG from last time doesn't count as that was indeed a bug)
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Jacgul
    283 posts Member
    Options
    And it's bugged because if you kill all the gungans without taking out the generator, sudden whirlwinds, the generator sticks around and you have to defeat it.
  • herd_nerfer
    2098 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

Easy if you have LV and the Inqs maybe. I am at 7.7M, I have SEE, SLKR and Leia and would consider my roster to be quite good and it is not possible.

I don't even expect Red crate but seriously, if 3 different GLs and other strong squads get destroyed like they are nothing, it is definitely a sign that this GC is not "normal" compared to usually (GG from last time doesn't count as that was indeed a bug)

I managed the last tier with Rey, R2, Drogan, CRex, and Old Ben - Leia can do it, might just need a few attempts.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    I find that I can usually get the 2nd crate. For this one I just won with LV on t6, not spending any more time of this train wreck!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    BazG78 wrote: »
    Setting aside the difficulty level. The freeze and lag that accompanied every Gungan turn makes this one absolutely unplayable. I'm going to give this one a pass.

If it was tested I'd suggest new testing team is needed.

I'm running a phone with 12GB Ram 3.0ghz Snapdragon gen 1. And it lags way too much. Put some effort into optimizing it CG.
  • Options
    Ya, 5 second lag seems the norm here.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Jacgul
    283 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

I managed the last tier with Rey, R2, Drogan, CRex, and Old Ben - Leia can do it, might just need a few attempts.

How'd you manage that? Mine usually get locked behind jarjar, but even if tarpals get death mark, nothing kills him
  • Options
    This GC is just horrible and not worth the time to play. I like my game to be challenging and fun. This is unplayable and dumb
  • Options
    Gungans, making everything Star Wars worse for 25 years.
  • Gannon
    1661 posts Member
    Options
    This is horrible. Why is it Empire? Wit Gungans.
    Is there an actual empire team that counters them, cuz i'm not seeing it.
    If this is WAI, they need a better team coming up with things..
  • LordDirt
    5169 posts Member
    Options
    LV with Inquisitors on auto
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Gannon
    1661 posts Member
    Options
    so the only way to beat it is to unlock LV? sounds like their logic
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    Gannon wrote: »
    so the only way to beat it is to unlock LV? sounds like their logic

No. Inqs, SLKR, Leia can work as well.