My strategy to beat any sidious team

Prev1
Basically i have dooku and ct 5555, i stun there sidious even if that fails i dont kill him i let him aoe me and then those 2 will counter and then hes dead in the first turn. then 5 v4 i cant lose to any team

Replies

• Options
    Cool.. It's nice to see someone that figures out another way to take down a character that they have had a problem with. Too many people think "skill" means coming to the Forum and asking for a nerf.

Well played.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This is close to my standard strategy, except I don't have Fives. However, it only works some of the time, and especially with high-starred, well-geared Sids, will not always take him down in the first turn. His insane evasion against Jedi makes this more difficult now as well. He also doesn't always AoE the first time (usually, not always).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    yeh thats where fives assist works well at hitting him hard
  • Options
    also i try not to attack him with luminara and she's me only jedi so i do well most the time
  • Options
    I just focus him down in first round unless there is a Daka. Even if his AOE goes out I still just breeze past him. He's pretty squishy when focused as long as your team isn't all Jedi.
  • Options
    I use HK-47 as leader, with IG-88, IG-86, Captain Phasma, and Jedi Consular.

This is basically a tricky crit-team which does insane damage. The combined speed buffs from HK and Phasma allow for a double round after the enemy team completes it's first (you also get to open with this setup), basically giving you three rounds vs their one. And that's all you need to wipe their team.

I typically eliminate Sid first, then Phasma if the enemy has one, and then the healer. I tend to leave Kylo Ren alone (and other strong counter heroes like Duku), if he has his counter buff activated, but as soon as it's gone I nuke him.
  • Options
    Refreshing to read and yes dont attack with a jedi unless you wanna take a gamble.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    No team combination is untouchable. In PVP, it's a combination of having a good team for both offensive matches along with Computer controlled defensive bouts and that makes this difficult...
  • senseless
    19 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

The only time sidious is a PITA is when you don't take him out first. Once he locks in a few debuffs on your chars and healing is useless you're kind of done for.

Prioritize in ..
    #1 -> Daka
    #2 -> Darth
    #3 -> Heavy hitting AGI
    #4 -> Healers

Just make sure you time your attacks properly so you don't trigger any AI heals.
    Elsario wrote: »

This is basically a tricky crit-team which does insane damage. The combined speed buffs from HK and Phasma allow for a double round after the enemy team completes it's first (you also get to open with this setup), basically giving you three rounds vs their one. And that's all you need to wipe their team.

I typically eliminate Sid first, then Phasma if the enemy has one, and then the healer. I tend to leave Kylo Ren alone (and other strong counter heroes like Duku), if he has his counter buff activated, but as soon as it's gone I nuke him.

I played you on my server (or someone using this same load out). What a pain in the ... It's ridiculous the number of turns you were getting. First time around I took out consular first then proceeded to die. Second time around I got IG-88, Phasma, then Consular down. Then i decided to just fight someone else and skip you.

• Options
    senseless wrote: »

I played you on my server (or someone using this same load out). What a pain in the ... It's ridiculous the number of turns you were getting. First time around I took out consular first then proceeded to die. Second time around I got IG-88, Phasma, then Consular down. Then i decided to just fight someone else and skip you.

It's not him but the computer .
    When computer plays for us he plays bad.
    I loose Many Time When computer play on défense . And When i fighting back them, i win really easilly
    Without any death.
  • Metschina123
    361 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Good to see a fellow droid player. I have a similar build with poggle instead of phasma and lumi instead of JC.

You're right that the firepower of this team is insane. My 86 and 88 are 5* ATM and my 86 can dish out 15k damage on a single target and 88 can do 20k AOE when buffed by poggle. But the fatal flaw of the droid team is the low health and mediocre speed of 88 and 86 as it became more evident when I run into some high speed offensive teams recently.

Some heroes who have the speed and firepower to eliminate 86 or 88 before they act will be deadly to any droid build. Such as QGJ, Dathcha and Tie pilot and so on. When these characters are geared up, it's very difficult to even challenge them and nearly impossible to defend with HK as the leader. That's why I am building an alternative for my droid team now.
  • Options

It's not him but the computer .
    When computer plays for us he plays bad.
    I loose Many Time When computer play on défense . And When i fighting back them, i win really easilly
    Without any death.

Sure, but his build is still his.
  • Elsario
    29 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Good to see a fellow droid player. I have a similar build with poggle instead of phasma and lumi instead of JC.

You're right that the firepower of this team is insane. My 86 and 88 are 5* ATM and my 86 can dish out 15k damage on a single target and 88 can do 20k AOE when buffed by poggle. But the fatal flaw of the droid team is the low health and mediocre speed of 88 and 86 as it became more evident when I run into some high speed offensive teams recently.

Some heroes who have the speed and firepower to eliminate 86 or 88 before they act will be deadly to any droid build. Such as QGJ, Dathcha and Tie pilot and so on. When these characters are geared up, it's very difficult to even challenge them and nearly impossible to defend with HK as the leader. That's why I am building an alternative for my droid team now.

I was actually able to take the #1 spot with this build yesterday, just before I posted, from a player named Arcath, who has held it pretty much uncontested for a long while. He retook the spot, and then I got it back just in time for the prizes, so that made me pretty happy. Since then, he has retaken the spot with a modified team: he replaced Phasma with 5's, has adding Ahsoka for the extra healing, and has retained Jedi Consular, Barriss and Sid. It's a good team for computer defense since all the healing translates into a lot of survivability, and I haven't been able to displace him "yet", though I came close a couple times today. He also has a 3000 power advantage, which is a factor when the battle is so close that it's down to 1-2 heroes on both sides.

My IG-86 is a 5*, but my IG-88 is still 4*. Hoping to change that in a couple days. I think upping his survivability will be a deciding factor for me.

Have you checked out Lobot? He is a decent healer, and has strong enemy debuffing abilities, and can remove all debuffs from your own team with a single ability (which also heals everyone), and is designed to synergize with droids (passive speed boost from droid teammates). I just unlocked him, so need to gear and level him up, but I think he may be a better choice than Consular, in the long run, for a droid team.

Oh hey, if any of you guys want to ally me in the game, my Ally Code is: 592-337-973
    Post edited by Elsario on
  • Options
    The only time sidious is a PITA is when you don't take him out first. Once he locks in a few debuffs on your chars and healing is useless you're kind of done for.

Prioritize in ..
    #1 -> Daka
    #2 -> Darth
    #3 -> Heavy hitting AGI
    #4 -> Healers

Just make sure you time your attacks properly so you don't trigger any AI heals.

Senseless - what do you mean by "don't trigger any AI heals?" I've often gone for the healers first but may need to re-think my strategy.

For Sid, I've been using Kit Fisto in the lead (ability 5) as Jedi Protector and run Luminara & Barriss. Then I attack with Sid and Boba.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Options

I was actually able to take the #1 spot with this build yesterday, just before I posted, from a player named Arcath, who has held it pretty much uncontested for a long while. He retook the spot, and then I got it back just in time for the prizes, so that made me pretty happy. Since then, he has retaken the spot with a modified team: he replaced Phasma with 5's, has adding Ahsoka for the extra healing, and has retained Jedi Consular, Barriss and Sid. It's a good team for computer defense since all the healing translates into a lot of survivability, and I haven't been able to displace him "yet", though I came close a couple times today. He also has a 3000 power advantage, which is a factor when the battle is so close that it's down to 1-2 heroes on both sides.

My IG-86 is a 5*, but my IG-88 is still 4*. Hoping to change that in a couple days. I think upping his survivability will be a deciding factor for me.

Have you checked out Lobot? He is a decent healer, and has strong enemy debuffing abilities, and can remove all debuffs from your own team with a single ability (which also heals everyone), and is designed to synergize with droids (passive speed boost from droid teammates). I just unlocked him, so need to gear and level him up, but I think he may be a better choice than Consular, in the long run, for a droid team.

Oh hey, if any of you guys want to ally me in the game, my Ally Code is: 592-337-973

My droids are all fully geared, nearly maximum ability, all 5* and 88 is going to be 6* soon. My team would have no trouble with the guy in your server because poggle can buff up my droids, and they can take down any hero with one shot or 2. I once one shot a full health Vader with my 86, lol probably 14k damage. When you have Poggle you can easily take down those slow counter heal team. Like I said, it's the fast offensive team that dominates the droids because they can kill at least one droid before you can make a move.

So one solution is to get Lobot. Lobot's leadership increases droids speed so that 86 and 88 can make the first move which is crucial in the high level pvp match. I would love to have Lobot, but it's going to take a while to farm. I'm FTP. I strongly recommend you try Poggle. It will give you a new perspective on your droids.

My server has a lot of spenders. They've got 7* QGJ, Leia, Tie pilot, Ben, you name it they have it. But I can still get 1st place occasionally thanks to the droid firepower and the stupid AI that controls my opponents lol. So in a way, the flawed AI keeps us in balance with the more powerful teams.

• Options
    In GW, I leave Sidious alive for a bit until the damagers are out. The heal block is never an issue, his early attack speed is the most useful tool for me to retreat when I choose, usually before heavier hitters even get to do something.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    @Metschina123

Yeah, it sounds like you've got a badass droid team there. :)

I've experimented with a few loaner Poggles, and you're rignt about his ability to ramp up the damage of droids. I unlocked him a few days ago, but currently lack the resources to level and gear him up. I'm not sure he will prove to be a better leader than HK-47, as HK's leadership ability gives me more crits, more damage and more attacks, especially when combined with Phasma's abilities. I did manage to upgrade my IG-88's gear to level 7 finally (still 4* though), so he's a bit less squishy now—which helps a lot.

I love HK, but wish he had some appropriate dialogue for when he kills enemy heroes, such as, "Meatbag terminated." Heh.
  • Options
    I am running a droid team also. Only lvl 42 with 4* HK, 4* IG-88, 3* IG-86, 4* Poggle, and 3* JC. I am slowly working my way up the ranks and have broken into top 200. I am hoping for a lucky bronzium to unlock Lobot as I would like to replace JC with him and it will be a while before I can farm him.

Anyone running Lobot with their droid team?

How about Genosian soldier? I have him unlocked, but only one star right now. Wondering if he would be worth farming up to add into droid team until I can unlock Lobot...
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    This strategy won't work if they have obi wan as a debuffer :) because I will just use single attacks on your weakest link until obi wan does his massive debuff (ct has a very hard Time warding off debuffs) then the massive ages kicks in :) and if kylo becomes below half hp at that point dooku gets 1 shot, then your double counter attack becomes even less useful and from then in it is game over lol
  • Options
    Aoes*
  • Options
    Basically i have dooku and ct 5555, i stun there sidious even if that fails i dont kill him i let him aoe me and then those 2 will counter and then hes dead in the first turn. then 5 v4 i cant lose to any team

5's isn't fast enough to hit Sid first and his counter doesn't trigger 100% of the time (35%?). But you should be able to take single char our first round almost every time because the defense AI is awful. Sometimes Sid is the best to take out. Sometimes not. There are at least 4 chars I prioritize over Sid.
  • Options
    fives has 70% counter and he does it most the time
  • Options
    i am switching dooku for 6 star boba when i get him
  • Elsario
    29 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    fives has 70% counter and he does it most the time

In my experience, when Fives is attacked directly his counter works 100% of the time. The only time the 70% holds true is when he's hit with aoe damage. At least, this is how it functions when Fives is controlled by the computer; the actual value listed in the ability description probably does apply if you're controlling him. He also frequently gets a second attack when hit directly, which is why I always kill Fives last. Otherwise he has too much damage output in an arena match. Same reason I kill Dooku last.

I always kill Sid first when he's teamed with high damage-dealers.
  • Options

All of these sids are why I keep lobot on my team. With 3 or more of sids spells lobot's dispell/heal is usually useful. I only care about sids anti-heal.
  • Elsario
    29 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

All of these sids are why I keep lobot on my team. With 3 or more of sids spells lobot's dispell/heal is usually useful. I only care about sids anti-heal.

Yeah, I'm building up Lobot and Poggle atm. Have you tried using Poggle with Lobot? Are they a viable combination (assuming you're running a droid team), or even necessary? Being able to completely remove debuffs from my entire team while healing them at the same time will be a game changer. Pretty competitive on my server atm, a couple of the top guys are just sitting in battles, running the timers down to keep their spots, preventing anyone from challenging them. I take solace in the knowledge that it costs them crystals to do it, so even if I end up in the #2 or #3 spot, I'm still ahead. :)
  • Options
    I currently roll all elite lvl 56-60 phasma lead, 4 star lumi, 5 star consular, 3 star lobot, 4 star chewwy. I'm working on getting IG88 and 86 to both 5 stars, currently at 4. They are lvl 53 elite geared now. I will swap out chewwy and consular when I can for them. I have $20 in shards in the game and wont do more. I win 99% of played arenas, but I bounce between 150-250 ranking usually getting my reward at 190
  • Options
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    I am running a droid team also. Only lvl 42 with 4* HK, 4* IG-88, 3* IG-86, 4* Poggle, and 3* JC. I am slowly working my way up the ranks and have broken into top 200. I am hoping for a lucky bronzium to unlock Lobot as I would like to replace JC with him and it will be a while before I can farm him.

Anyone running Lobot with their droid team?

How about Genosian soldier? I have him unlocked, but only one star right now. Wondering if he would be worth farming up to add into droid team until I can unlock Lobot...

I have him in my main team but wuth phasma leading. Meh two droids arent strong enough yet. Lobot's dispell though is sooooo useful i keep him no matter.
  • Options
    I usually leave sideous for last because killing everyone else will give him a heal when they die. And sid is easy to stun
  • Options

Prioritize in ..
    #1 -> Daka
    #2 -> Darth
    #3 -> Heavy hitting AGI
    #4 -> Healers

Ranivoos wrote: »
    I usually leave sideous for last because killing everyone else will give him a heal when they die. And sid is easy to stun

So far, I've been killing Sid first or second. If they have Luminara, I go after her first with Dooku. Sid usually resists Dooku on first stun attempt.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct