Jedi vs Jedi

2Next

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda is your Sid-proofer, Barriss makes you a target.

Sid will be on most teams in the top 100.

Heals are an attrition reliever, and currently the meta is too fast to worry about it.
    Ahsoka is a good F2P sub for Kit, but I am sure I would prefer his counter/multi-attacks, his Potency buff, and his larger HP pool in the arena. Ahsoka may be better than Aayla, though...
    Her heal is better, her speed is better, and Aayla's assist seems lackluster. It seems her counters would offset this. I would need to play with her to know better. Wow 40% Tenacity lead, tho... nearly as effective as Yoda's BM. If QGJ lead wasnt so important...

Lumi is emergency heals, really, and her Push is why she rocks. Jedi lack damage, and she provides.

Max your P2P guys, then get back to me.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sid is not top tier, he hasn't been since the level cap was 60 but people just didnt realize. I did but didn't have a better replacement until early March.

Not to say that he isn't good, he just not one of the top ~8.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Randall wrote: »
    Sid is not top tier, he hasn't been since the level cap was 60 but people just didnt realize. I did but didn't have a better replacement until early March.

Not to say that he isn't good, he just not one of the top ~8.

He will be encountered often in the top 100, which is what I said.
    Thank you for your input.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Actually, I have been having much better luck vs the dreaded duo than I expected, and the reason is surprising- Eeth Koth.

His stun vs Dooku is VERY reliable, and a stunned Dooku is a dead Dooku.
    Sid gets saved for last, as usual, but is way less threatening standing alone vs 3-5 Jedi.

QGJ(L), Yoda, Ahsoka, Luminara, Eeth

Yoda BM
    Ahsoka basic
    Dooku tries to stun (fail)
    Sid AoE (no DoTs)
    QGJ assist (kills someone 90%)
    Lumi heal (everyone full again and HoT cant be dispelled)
    Eeth stun Dooku
    Focus Dooku while stunned (2 down, 1 less boogeyman)
    Focus on their Lumi (she is on almost every team I see, 3 down = I win)

I have a much harder time vs Poggle and droids.

If you play Jedi, DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE.

90% of their power is your belief that they are unbeatable.

I run this team. Eeth goes before lumi. But I agree sid/dooku are not a problem.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Actually, I have been having much better luck vs the dreaded duo than I expected, and the reason is surprising- Eeth Koth.

Sid gets saved for last, as usual, but is way less threatening standing alone vs 3-5 Jedi.

Yoda BM
    Ahsoka basic
    Sid AoE (no DoTs)
    Eeth stun Dooku

I run this team. Eeth goes before lumi. But I agree sid/dooku are not a problem.

My bad, you are totally right. Was just popping off the top of my head.
  • scuba
    14185 posts Member
    Options
    I wish these all Jedi teams were on my server.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    I run a all Jedi team and I personally am not afraid to attack almost any team really Jedi have a counter for everything really my favorite teams to fight are all sith teams . I get a big pleasure of abusing of all sith teams because there uniques are made as counter jedi measures but yoda avoides all debuffs QGJ one shot kills maul vader dies without much effort QGJ steals savage's buff eeth can stun Dooku and then just autoplay on sid he is useless alone.
  • Options
    Lirg wrote: »
    Thats a nice play by play. Can you enlighten me with another play by play with your jedis vs dooku lead Rey, gs, rg, and qgj?

Tough team. Ideally Would be something like.

Yoda. Unstoppable force Rey
    Ahsoka. Kills Rey with special
    Dooku
    Qgj. Removes taunt
    Qgj
    Eeth stuns Dooku
    Lumi blocks GS

Yoda bm
    Ahsoka rg/ or Qgj Gs depending on health
    Qgj assist call kill Qgj
    Focus rg
    Focus gs
    Dooku

Or start with Yoda bm and adjust accordingly you should get the idea of how to dismantle the team with the above strategy.

Yes there is some luck involved I have not faced this team personally so I'm going off of how I face teams with RG and a mix of some of these characters.
  • Options
    I consistently place top 5 on my shard. I'm looking forward to the fortitude update. It may allow for a different leader. Or switching in mace or old Ben. Or another Jedi. I was using JKA instead of Eeth but with level increase his lack of full stars will be a problem so switching out until I get him to 6*. I play Jedi because that's what I like. So far it has treated me well.
  • Options

Yoda BM
    Ahsoka basic
    Sid AoE (no DoTs)
    Eeth stun Dooku

My bad, you are totally right. Was just popping off the top of my head.

No worries I enjoyed your post. And I approve.
  • KalSolo
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock my team is also QGJ lead, Yoda, Lumi, and Snips. I recently started attacking Dooku teams consistently because the only way to crack top 10 was to swap with them. The only Dooku teams I fear have RG and a top attacker like Rey or GS. I've started taking out RG first and then use EK to stun the attacker. I'm having about 75% success rate. I've always run with an all Jedi squad because that's the way I want to play. In the last six weeks I've really learned how to use this team well and now I can hold my own against most. The downside of the Jedi squad is its inability to defend. I'm guessing my team wins very few matches as AI. Hopefully the future will be even brighter for us Jedi.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I wish these all Jedi teams were on my server.

I drop at lot less in rank overnight than I expected to.

Fully completed toons are still going to give 5* and 6* teams a rough time.
  • scuba
    14185 posts Member
    Options
    I hope it keeps working for you.

I have not seen a full Jedi team since 100-200 range and I used the to climb the ranks. They were easy pickings

Hopefully team factions, synergy what every you want to call I has a better effect someday.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Today I dropped 26 places in 18 hours, most of that right before payout.

This is fairly typical.

I know people gun for Jedi. They are perceived as an easy win. No way am I losing the majority of my defensive battles.
  • Options
    If I'm in first at payout I rarely drop below 15 by the next morning. Although it does happen. To me it seems there is a good variance of payout times in the top 20 on my shard. It also seems we all do a decent job of moving the ones that have received their payout down while leaving the ones still in need to do their thing.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I cant comment on top 10, I dont have enough money to buy that.
  • Options
    Keep at it. You will get there!!!