Guild Preview Discussion Megathread

Replies

• Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So Guild activities will be on the same time zone as the Guild leader, I guess peeps will be advertising the time zones for their Guilds.

Nice positive responses.
    @EA_Jesse that was cool of you to jump in here and answer questions. I think you made alot of people happy by just showing up and saying hi.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Any top 5 arena players looking for a guild message me!!!! Plus very nice job CG/E love what you've done with the place!
  • Haihs
    151 posts Member
    Options
    It's seems pretty nice I would suggest vice-leaders to support the leader, so if the members do not participate they get kicked out and so on
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    ElToro wrote: »
    OMG, I'll have my own guild, im not sure on the name yet but I'm sure it will be badas, and everyone is welcomed to join it

Did you know your avatar is a picture of someone, who I assume is you, kissing someone? Interesting choice.
  • Cyclops
    80 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds awsome
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    ElToro wrote: »
    OMG, I'll have my own guild, im not sure on the name yet but I'm sure it will be badas, and everyone is welcomed to join it

Did you know your avatar is a picture of someone, who I assume is you, kissing someone? Interesting choice.

$$$$ stop watching them kiss.
  • Options
    Honestly I would recommend that Guilds are exclusive and expensive to create otherwise there will be too many guilds with not enough people spread out.
  • Jaybayblay
    233 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    a
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse

Been at work since early morning I come home see this awesome preview and all these questions answered, several of which I had. AWESOME!!!! Great communication. A heartfelt thank you for the great job.

I'm so stoked for these guilds.
  • Options
    Wait... New currency...
    Does that mean more characters to unlock :o
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    God you people are easily distracted. Tease you with a hint of guilds and all past troubles are forgiven. There is no way I would guild up with such a bunch of lemmings.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    God you people are easily distracted. Tease you with a hint of guilds and all past troubles are forgiven. There is no way I would guild up with such a bunch of lemmings.

Take a wild guess if i will lose sleep :/
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options

Wouldn't really agree that there was a "hint of guilds". Everything stated in today's developer update is a positive sign for the game. Not just extra content but communication aswell both of which have been severely lacking of late.
  • BetaRay
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Haihs wrote: »
    It's seems pretty nice I would suggest vice-leaders to support the leader, so if the members do not participate they get kicked out and so on

The preview mentions 3 member types: leader, officer, and member. If similar to other games then officers would be able to invite other people, start raids and possibly release inactive members.

• Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    #Aaylaforguildshipments

Here we go!

PLEASE SOMEBODY GIVE @JumbuckJedi AAYLA BEFORE I KILL HIM
    Jajajajajajajjajajaja just joking bro, your cool
  • Options
    Tardis1205 wrote: »

Wouldn't really agree that there was a "hint of guilds". Everything stated in today's developer update is a positive sign for the game. Not just extra content but communication aswell both of which have been severely lacking of late.

Correct. I'm pretty much more excited that they are communicating and answering questions than excited about the content update. Well said.

Now, I would like some communication on where those pieces of unfarmable purple gears are going to be placed in the game. Maybe guild shipments will be all gear?!
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    Make Guilds cost 5 Million credits to keep exclusivity
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    That all sounds really cool, but I hope you consider making an alternate gearing path for antisocial players. Right now it looks like solo only players are hard gated at gear 9.
  • Options
    Check out the developer updates post folks
  • Options
    There is currently a discussion thread for this topic located here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/25272/guild-preview-discussion-megathread/p1
  • Options
    What are guilds about?
  • Options

Is there anyway I can get this guy in my guild? He seems like the life of the party!
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Guild payouts. Top contributors get a bonus reward. So there's no GvG. Instead we compete against each other for the bonus reward. I sure hope it's tiered. Seems silly if we have to fight each other for the top spots.
    @ea_jesse
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    No what it says is that the bigest contributor gets a bonus reword. The player on you guild that has the best preformance will get a little incentive.
    I find this just fine
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    Options
    Will guild missions use normal energy,or will they be like Challenges, ie, have a number of completions per day? I'd hope for the latter, one more thing to increase my play time!
  • Options
    Will raids be with your guild or alone?
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    #Aaylaforguildshipments

Here we go!

PLEASE SOMEBODY GIVE @JumbuckJedi AAYLA BEFORE I KILL HIM
    Jajajajajajajjajajaja just joking bro, your cool

This guy gets it! B)
  • Naifreak
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Awesome. With this, i could finally spend my time more in the game rather than in the forum. Wish i could get in an active guild though. For me, guild is the only reason why i stay loyal to a game. Now, im going to have problem with managing my time cause of this.
  • Options
    If we do fight each other for the top spots at least you know your guild is competitive and doing everything they can to win which I don't mind at all lol
  • Options
    Would someone please tell a dumb noob like me how guilds work? It's not in real time, is it? I'm assuming more like a contribution to a cumulative goal, everyone does their part to help the whole team? ...and if it's a popularity contest, I'm SO going to lose! Guild Sven, party of one. :D