Guild Preview Discussion Megathread

Replies

• Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    so it seems like theres an advantage to being in a larger active league with high level players. Good thing that Im an active player with a ton of characters!

i will say its nice having this much communication, thers been more in the day than the entire month on March it seems
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Awesome Jesse. Will there be a new toon available for purchase via guild currency or will it be similar to a guild shop?
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @JumbuckJedi no, you will not be able to bank shards for other members to buy.

Love your work @EA_Jesse!

Will we see chromium exclusives moved to the guild shipments?

#Aaylaforguildshipments

• Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Awesome Jesse. Will there be a new toon available for purchase via guild currency or will it be similar to a guild shop?

im guessing this is where the unfarmable gear will be
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse how long do we have to do daily activities? This is a concern if we have players across US and Asia
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Now THAT'S a preview! Excellent stuff!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Crap, agreeing with Qeltar.

And I agree with Barrok who agrees with Qeltar. :#
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse - Thanks for the answer. This is unfortunate and I hope will be addressed in the future, as it sounds like everyone is going to be forced into large guilds.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse
    Thanks a lot for prompt answers and extensive feedback.
    Excellent job and best of luck to dev team on this exciting feature! Looking forward
  • Options
    I think it's great that they gave us this preview. I'm pretty excited for the new raid content.

Cheers to Jesse for communication.

Guess I need to find a guild... Anyone from Adelaide/Australia in or know of guilds?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Tardis1205 wrote: »
    I think it's great that they gave us this preview. I'm pretty excited for the new raid content.

Guess I need to find a guild... Anyone from Adelaide/Australia in or know of guilds?

@cosmicturtle333
  • Options
    Awesome! Can't wait for it to come.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

@cosmicturtle333

This.
  • Options

Check out ANZGC in the guilds section.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Last round of questions answered for now since I need to eat dinner and watch The Force Awakens again :)

@mel - no, Guilds will be required to obtain the same rewards. There will be a "find a Guild" feature so you can easily find one that works for you.

@cosmicturtle333 - the leader is the one that has to pay the cost of creating a Guild. My understanding is that this will not be a huge amount. I can't give the exact cost yet just in case it does change before launch.

@Telaan - there will be new units in the Guild Shipments that you can purchase Shards for, it works similar to other shipments in the game.

@HelloHey - most likely this will be 24 hours with the reset time being based off the Guild Leaders location.

Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse - Thanks for the answer. This is unfortunate and I hope will be addressed in the future, as it sounds like everyone is going to be forced into large guilds.

This seams totally logical to me that players in smaller guilds get less stuff. Why would a 5 player guild get the same as a 50 player guild? Maybe I'm missing something?
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Reddplague wrote: »

This seams totally logical to me that players in smaller guilds get less stuff. Why would a 5 player guild get the same as a 50 player guild? Maybe I'm missing something?

Look at what Jesse posted. He said it will be much more difficult for a 5 person guild to complete their missions. A 5 person has to do the same work as 50 people. Seems logical they'd still get a full reward. -if they manage to compete everything.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Reddplague wrote: »

Many games use scaling to accommodate people who want to be in smaller guilds. For example, they make the rewards be on a per-person basis rather than a lump sum split among the members. They scale the difficulty of daily activities so the smaller guilds can complete them.
    If they aren't going to do that here, then that's okay, at least we know.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    About lowmanning guild stuffs..

Other games I've played had scaling in the form of difficulty. You can do like a guild galactic war set on easy if you have lower level members and as guild ranks up or gets more members ya set it to hard for more coins.

It's kinda fun sometimes to be a high-power player helping lower guild members. Or join a high-power guild for the carry.. Trying to be number1 in the number guild is an option as well if that's how ya roll!

I'm getting hyped. New stuffs to do woo.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse a question to plz address in near future: are rewards distributed by leader or autodistributed?
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Well shoot. I was getting ready to quit this game to be free of the time sink. It was getting boring and obligating to hit #1 every day. New content has made me reconsider. Hopefully there will be ships included!
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

@cosmicturtle333 - the leader is the one that has to pay the cost of creating a Guild. My understanding is that this will not be a huge amount. I can't give the exact cost yet just in case it does change before launch.

If this is the case I would suggest there needs to be some mechanism for transfer of resources (crystals, credits etc) within the guild so the cost can be shared.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    "Guild Shipments" I like the sound of that~
  • Options
    Seriously though. This is the kind of communication the players have been dying for. Everyone wouldn't be so PO all the time if we had concrete details instead of disappointing surprises and vague update notes. Thank you for this! And please keep it coming!
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Kaib
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Informative post & timely responses. I can get behind this. Thank you.
  • Options
    Good to know we now need to join other people. It was fun to play for awhile. I'm sure people will be happy that some of us are done as if I wanted to be forced to rely and form with others we would just play the 100's of better mmo's built for such stuff.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse
    I hate guilds and "raiding" (massively multiplayer cooperative stuff). I hope there will be a way to have a viable guild of only myself so I don't have to play this game relying on others to achieve top level items and characters.
    Guild requirement to progress is the surefire way to ruin any game for me.
  • Options

Check out ANZGC in the guilds section.

Cheers for the reply. I've posted in ANZGC section.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse thank you very much for all the communication! We were going crazy by ourselves! Can't wait to play the new game modes, keep up with the great work you and all the dev team.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    Awesome. Thank you for the update :)
  • ElToro
    149 posts Member
    Options
    OMG, I'll have my own guild, im not sure on the name yet but I'm sure it will be badas, and everyone is welcomed to join it