Asaj really needs to be fixed

Her dispel/heal is way too OP in the hands of the computer. What I mean, is with the bonus the comp seems to get in applying/removing debuffs, it's over kill. I had a solid win condition, only to have Asaj remove poggle buff from all 5 of my toons, and take the entire enemy team to full. Full dispell happens too often, and the bug of the heal applying to the whole team is nonsense. If it's intended, at least update the tooltip, though that still wouldn't be satisfactory with how things stand.

If you haven't encountered a defensive team with her, ren, obi wan, and any other two toons, you're fortunate to have avoided that stab yourself in the eye kind of agony.

Replies

• Options
    What is funny is the game predetermines before I use it that it doesn't work the majority of the time. i ended up putting her on the bench because it was so useless.
  • Options
    I thought it was a potency problem, but while my Ventress has a score of 0, so does most everyone who can apply a detrimental effect. Only Kylo Ren has more than 0, and that is 2.

But yes the dispel usually does nothing and is just a waste of a turn. The other bug with it seems to be the description says it is a self heal, when actually it is a party heal.
  • Options
    It is her ability to take the buff. There are seldom choice but we actually need it
  • Options
    Isn't it on the known issues list atm? I believe it was less powerful than intended. It doesn't take most buffs down tho, only Taunt in some occassions and very rarely the crit or dodge buff.
    I also see this as a wasted turn, what part is exactly OP about this? If it took all buffs down 100% guarenteed it's a different story but since I play her a lot, it seems rather useless to use the skill.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Isn't it on the known issues list atm? I believe it was less powerful than intended. It doesn't take most buffs down tho, only Taunt in some occassions and very rarely the crit or dodge buff.
    I also see this as a wasted turn, what part is exactly OP about this? If it took all buffs down 100% guarenteed it's a different story but since I play her a lot, it seems rather useless to use the skill.

It's in the hands of the AI that's the problem.

I'm not Uber pvp, but I'm in the 100-200 range generally, sometimes next bracket up, sometimes down. I say this only to qualify my statements as maybe it's different up higher or down lower. Much how when obi Wan is on defense and his debuff nearly always lands on your entire team, so too does asajjs dispell tend to remove nearly everything positive on your team, WHEN the AI is playing her. This makes it a mega heal, for the whole team, and you lose your buff, nearly 100% of the time. I'm talking a 6-8k heal and buff removal, in one. That's absurd. I don't know how anyone couldn't see anything wrong with it. Couple it with 4-6k AoE that nearly always grabs at least one charcater, thus resetting her two big cds, and she's no joke in the hands of the AI.

I agree, when I use her, she's worthless. Removal nearly never works, and her AoE hits lime a wet paper towel. But it's not comparable to when the AI is playing her. At least not in the 100-200 bracket with level 7 gear.
  • Options
    Ah I see your point. I never encounter her unfortunstely so no idea how AI handles her. I do know AI tends to have more luck than we do to compensate the flaws they make.
    Hope they fix it without making her worse for when we play her!
  • Options
    Ironic that she's great as a defender and a poor attacker while Talia is pretty nice as an attacking option but horrendous defending.

Both Talia and Assaj are the only two chars listed on the known bugs so hopefully they will be fixed Soon™.
  • Options
    Instead of complaining on OP this and that get a strategy for her. The same people calling Barriss OP to get her weakened when we paid for a pack with her now move to the other in the pack, Ventress, after this will it be Tano? I do not see you complaining that the AI Dooku(free or dirt cheap compared to the Heroines) attacks 5-6 times in a row and stuns almost every time. When I mentioned it I was told not OP at all. So her buff heals, big deal. 5 Dooku attacks in a row has greater effect than that heal. How do I know? I have Ventress at max gear and 5* and use her often. I also have 4* epic Dooku, and use him often. Is Ventress better, oh yes, does Dooku attacking 4-6 times in a row have greater impact than Ventress Dispel, depends how you use it. I'll go Ventress over the Count any day. I just use him as an example. I think Counter, Bonus, turn, bonus, turn meter full attack, bonus attack is a bit much, but hey it was, and still is fun to figure out how to win. You want OP my friend. I ran into a Buzzsaw that was a 7* lvl 60 epic gear Dooku. That was just obscene with a Phasma epic 6* lead, Sid, Lum and Ren all epic all 6*+ LVL 60 epic. No I did not get through that team in GW.

Point is many toons have abilities in AI that seem OP. Instead of complaining and getting them lessened because you are upset you do not have them or can't find a way to win, which is silly as I've faced Ventress Defense teams and walked through them, develop a strategy to overcome them. That is, afterall, part of the fun in this game. The development of battle and team strategy to overcome opponents. Ventress is far from OP, Barriss was not OP either. Dooku is not OP either. No player here really is. They have their strengths and weaknesses.

Take Dooku. He counters, well use a tougher, harder hitting toon that counters also. I hit him with Secura. She usually takes 33% of him down, counters his counter and often calls in support. When that happens 9 times in 10 it is RIP Dooku, on to next victim. Sorry I like Ventress right now on my team so I'm not going to post the easy way to deal with her.
  • Options
    Instead of complaining on OP this and that get a strategy for her. The same people calling Barriss OP to get her weakened when we paid for a pack with her now move to the other in the pack, Ventress, after this will it be Tano? I do not see you complaining that the AI Dooku(free or dirt cheap compared to the Heroines) attacks 5-6 times in a row and stuns almost every time. When I mentioned it I was told not OP at all. So her buff heals, big deal. 5 Dooku attacks in a row has greater effect than that heal. How do I know? I have Ventress at max gear and 5* and use her often. I also have 4* epic Dooku, and use him often. Is Ventress better, oh yes, does Dooku attacking 4-6 times in a row have greater impact than Ventress Dispel, depends how you use it. I'll go Ventress over the Count any day. I just use him as an example. I think Counter, Bonus, turn, bonus, turn meter full attack, bonus attack is a bit much, but hey it was, and still is fun to figure out how to win. You want OP my friend. I ran into a Buzzsaw that was a 7* lvl 60 epic gear Dooku. That was just obscene with a Phasma epic 6* lead, Sid, Lum and Ren all epic all 6*+ LVL 60 epic. No I did not get through that team in GW.

Point is many toons have abilities in AI that seem OP. Instead of complaining and getting them lessened because you are upset you do not have them or can't find a way to win, which is silly as I've faced Ventress Defense teams and walked through them, develop a strategy to overcome them. That is, afterall, part of the fun in this game. The development of battle and team strategy to overcome opponents. Ventress is far from OP, Barriss was not OP either. Dooku is not OP either. No player here really is. They have their strengths and weaknesses.

Take Dooku. He counters, well use a tougher, harder hitting toon that counters also. I hit him with Secura. She usually takes 33% of him down, counters his counter and often calls in support. When that happens 9 times in 10 it is RIP Dooku, on to next victim. Sorry I like Ventress right now on my team so I'm not going to post the easy way to deal with her.

...I am complaining, yes, but it's a legit bug that I'm complaining about. Whereas you told me not to complain then went on your own rant about dooku.

That being said, I'm not a huge dooku fan, but he's not bugged. That's the difference between yours and my "op" complaints; I want a known issue fixed, you don't want the pack you burned money on going to waste.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @DarthMasterShawn

Whiskey means how AI handles Assaj, not a global make her less strong arguement ;) When "people" play her she is fine if not a bit underwhelming so far like Whiskey also states.
  • Options
    I never see her in the arena top 15. I see her sometimes in galactic war and her ability to purge buffs are insane. I have only seen it resisted once. I have her on my "B" team for galactic war to take on teams that are difficult, sending her out to die and take as many of them down as I can before my "A" team goes in to finish them off.
  • Options
    I think she casts it whenever she can if the enemy has at least one buff, so if it is such a problem I suggest trying to wait a turn on poggle and get up a less useful buff so she uses it and you can poggle straight after.
  • Options
    I love how people tell other people to stop complaining about issues, when it's their right to do so. I can complain about whatever I want to complain about, doesn't mean others have to listen, but people need to stop trying to stifle others' voices.
    Also, I'm pretty sure counters don't counter counter attacks (at least not for me). That above-listed strategy is absurd. Best idea to counter cards like Dooku is to stun him and then pound him while he can't counter.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    So what you're really saying is that the AI needs to be fixed? I think that's a pretty big difference.

Asajj doesn't deserve a nerf. Far from it.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @Nonemo
    That's what I make of it since OP states that if he is playing her himself, she sucks. I can confirm this because I usually take 1 buff off if Im lucky (taunt one). She doesn't take defense off and rarely the dodge buff. Assaj now, Asohka after and the whole Bariss pack got nerfed this way, don't think that's the plan ^^
  • Options
    for the record I thought she was only supposed to heal herself with that move? at least according to her tooltip or is that another display bug? :) in player hands I don't see her as an issue, but with (apparent) buffs they get when on defense she can be a real pain.
  • Options
    I don't think she needs to be nerfed, just fixed. Big difference. All it may entail is a change on part of the AI.
  • Options
    Ye because the problem is, if they nerf her overall the effect will still be the same. So the AI keeps getting higher RNG and you yourself as a player will experience even worse RNG.
    AI needs to lose some of that high % based stuff, any global nerf won't make the problem go away.
  • O8c8h80
    119 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Lokai wrote: »
    for the record I thought she was only supposed to heal herself with that move? at least according to her tooltip or is that another display bug? :) in player hands I don't see her as an issue, but with (apparent) buffs they get when on defense she can be a real pain.

What exactly does Asajj's heal/dispel ability do? Only one of my Allies has her so I'm not entirely sure, it can't be the description listed in the game. She seems to heal her team members and I swear I've seen her heal without dispelling.

Anyway, I don't think she is OP at all. The ability, whatever it does, is totally situational. In PvP I usually just ignore her till the end. My squad doesn't really use buffs for her to dispell so she's not an issue.
  • Options
    Adjust your team that doesn't require one with buffs to win. It all depends on your team makeup. I have no problem with handling her AI controls but I don't use a heavy buff team. Mix it up.
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Options
    This is absolutely correct. When being run by the AI, Asajj is way overpowered. The debuff/heal is far too effective. The exact opposite is true when run by me. It almost never works.

There also seems to be a huge difference in the damage she does as an AI vs as my character. I'm a bit fuzzier on this point though as I benched her in the mid fourties as I realized how useless she was.
  • Options
    Asajj is far from OP, very far indeed, sometimes i think she need a buff cause her debuff rate is so very very low in human controlled team.

In the other way, a high attack buffed team is the strongest team right now and we have only asajj skill, which is really unreliable, to counter this. If i use a buff team asajj wouldn't be a problem at all.

Talking about AI toon fix, i think old ben, leia and dooku are the broken toons that need very harsh and quick fixed.