Happy New Year from Capital Games!

Replies

• Options
    aspenstar wrote: »
    @CG_JohnSalera yep in the game! You know when you add an ally you can see their stats plus an avatar? And also is it possible to become a beta tester?

I believe the "Avatar" you are speaking about that shows up in your ally management or when you have received a friend request is that players' current leader in the arena... players or developers, please correct me if I am incorrect
  • Options
    Trentazoid wrote: »
    aspenstar wrote: »
    @CG_JohnSalera yep in the game! You know when you add an ally you can see their stats plus an avatar? And also is it possible to become a beta tester?

I believe the "Avatar" you are speaking about that shows up in your ally management or when you have received a friend request is that players' current leader in the arena... players or developers, please correct me if I am incorrect

Yep..you're right thanks!
    "...I think I just blasted it." | Ally Code: 183-341-914 | Member of The New Rebellion | Youtube
  • Options
    Good News , but some characters ( like jc)
    Need to be more than 70(73) to gear up ..
    Any idea What to do with all those sim ticket , an exchange?
    Like others i have more than 1000 of them ..

Agreed.
  • Options
    Fun game until lvl 60. Great game.
  • Options
    I just started playing, and I'm trying to bring more people with me. I think this game is awesome! One thing I would like to see is a way to check on your allies so that you can see their progress as well. Also I think it should be easier to borrow heroes from them. Maybe as long as you are allies you should be able to pick which one of their heroes you want to borrow? Just a thought. Can't wait to see the modes I have yet to unlock!
  • Options
    Woot! Im excited for the new update!
  • Options
    "
    One thing I can announce -- and something we've been hearing increasingly requested in the forums -- is that we will be raising the Player Level cap from 60 to 70 in January.

Please do this more towards the middle or end of January. A lot of players like me who started playing only several days post-release and have logged on every day since are still having a tough time catching up, raising the level cap will only make the skill gap wider. My server only has about 5 players that have reached the max level and everyone else is in the 50-59 range, I myself am 54 and I've been completing all daily events every day since the end of November/beginning of December. I haven't really been pleased with what I got out of the Chromium bundles either but regardless please offer a little bit more time.

• Options
    Best mobile game for me so far, and one of my all time fav game.
    Keep up good work guys.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @CG_JohnSalera Thanks for the reply. Please make character balancing a top priority. All of the top teams are now running the same overpowered character combos that can one-shot opponents before they even do anything. Characters that can hit for 10k damage shouldn't also have hit bars like tanks. Leia should not be getting 3 or 4 hits on almost every turn.
    Games where you lose literally before you get a turn -- not fun.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Would love a way to search for any "barrowed" hero below my level so I can run lowbie mission with a lvl1 team without having a level57 co-leader

And rotate new shards into galactic war, pvp, and cantina battles once a character is maxed
  • Options
    Hope rebel Luke makes an appearance.
  • Options
    @CG_JohnSalera, I know implementing changed takes time. I understand there are a lot of variables to consider before taking action on any issue. My chief complaint with this game is the energy system and related costs. I feel a better monetization strategy is to either cut energy recharge rates by 50% or keep pricing static. I believe many more people would be willing to spend more money on the game if energy prices were static. Say 50 or 100 crystals per refill.

If you review these forums and the online reviews for this game, you will see this is a key aggravation for your customers.
  • Options
    Any plans for the extra shards of 7 star characters?
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Whatever this new mode is, I hope it is something people can do for a reasonable amount of time. A major issue with the game is that there simply isn't very much to do. Even if you buy a couple of refills, you end up simming because the fights are all the same and you've done them before -- they are boring. So after you've done GW and a couple of arena fights there's nothing to really do.
    When the forums are more interesting than the game, that's a problem. Bored players lose interest and move on, so it's to everyone's benefit to give people more to do.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options

The community still has tons of questions and asks, but why not wait for the update? CG is re-affirming that they have heard, evaluated and implemented some of our collective thoughts into the upcoming patch. :)

Thanks for the great game, Happy New Year and look forward to seeing the update soon!
  • Options
    LocoAl wrote: »
    Congratulations and thank you for this awesome game. Good job!

Good to see corporate staying in touch. Wish it was a bit less vague but I guess we'll wait and see how this goes. Leveling is a bit too easy. I say let the level system go to 100 already. With the periodic cap increases it feels a bit beta stage still
    [SøtFØ] Leader
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    Options
    Hello Heroes!

On behalf of the entire game development team here at Capital Games, I wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year! 2015 has come to a thrilling close for us and that is directly thanks to you and the millions of people who have played our game.

I also wanted to take a moment to reflect on the last few weeks since launch, and talk about what's ahead.

We launched the game worldwide just over five weeks ago. And while we always believed in our game, we have been humbled and awed by the huge outpouring of positive response. From the reviews, to the amount of time players spend in the game each day, to the feedback on these and other forums it's clear that the game is delivering what we'd hoped: a great Star Wars experience for mobile players across the world.

During the past five weeks the team has been busy fixing bugs, adding polish, and releasing new characters. We have addressed over 200 issues since launch -- a good portion of that based on your feedback.

That being said, we know not everything is perfect and there have been some mistakes, the Barriss tuning probably chief among them. Please know we take your feedback to heart and will work hard to avoid that situation in the future. Our team has a strong culture of both listening carefully to player feedback and constantly improving the game, so please keep all the positive and negative feedback coming. @EA_Jesse and @CG_AaronNemoyten have been the main ones posting on the forum, but many of us on the team read the forums actively.

Looking ahead, we have a lot of cool stuff planned. I can't get into many specifics because schedules and priorities can change and I don't want to promise anything that isn't certain. However I can say we will continue to round out our feature set, as well as add some wonderful innovations no other game is providing.

We will also keep bringing out additional characters to provide more strategic options as well as bring some frequently-requested Star Wars icons into the game. Our game is fundamentally designed to continue to grow as Star Wars grows. I hope by now you have all had a chance to see The Force Awakens. If so, I think you'll agree the future for Star Wars looks very bright indeed!

One thing I can announce -- and something we've been hearing increasingly requested in the forums -- is that we will be raising the Player Level cap from 60 to 70 in January. This will unlock new Light Side Battles, new Dark Side Battles, and new Cantina Battles. This will also open up new tiers of Gear and Ability upgrades for characters.

Beyond that we are currently wrapping up our next major update which will bring a brand new Events system (replacing the Key Card system) as well as bunch of improvements to the overall game experience. Again, many of these changes are in alignment with your feedback.

In closing, it’s a great time to be a Star Wars fan and we are so happy to have you enjoying this Star Wars experience with us.

Thank you all again for taking the time to play our game!

John Salera, Executive Producer

TL;DR: Happy New Year from the dev team! Thanks for playing the game and providing feedback. More cool stuff is on the way!

what EA has heart and listen to what we say? I can't believe it and of course i'm excited for the new stuff.
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    Options
    Gremin_DHS wrote: »
    Would love a way to play with friends easier...
    whats the less easier way that you're playing with them?

• Options
    I'm excited about the level cap being raised.

Now how about more Vader shards being available through gameplay?
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great responses! Glad to hear you guys are as psyched as we are for what’s ahead. B)

To a few specific points…

@Dani267 – Yes, we will be bringing out additional characters. I mentioned that in my post. Perhaps that wasn’t clear.

@Dark_Jedi – No hints as to which characters, though. That would spoil the fun. :)

@HavokTrigger – Glad you like the open communication. Wish we could be more specific about what’s coming but, for various reasons, we honestly can’t. We have to walk a fine line about speaking about future deliverables.

@Powerlifter450 – You are definitely being listened to – far more than you may realize. I and others very actively read the forums. However, we haven’t been very active in responding especially over the holiday. Sorry about that. Please know you are being heard. That being said, we of course can’t instantly make changes nor integrate everyone’s ideas. But, yes, we are here and will work to engage more directly with you guys.

@Avalanche5502 – You have a great point and one we discuss frequently internally. We want to get more characters in but need to bring them in judiciously. We do a lot of internal playtesting and have various tools and simulators to help identify issues, but we can’t hope to match what will happen when so many of you get your hands on new characters. Bottom line: we’ll bring them out as quickly as seems to make sense and as we feel they can be effectively tested. We will try to keep post-launch balance changes to a minimum but really every game like ours has to do them.

@Enigmaticien – Very observant of you, but I can’t discuss that.  Regarding Sim Tickets, we currently don’t have plans for a way to exchange them. But we can start considering options.

@Blktauna and @Tweggiejack – You can expect more types of packs in the future, but I don’t have any specifics to share at this point.

@Top_Quark - https://youtu.be/OfJRX-8SXOs

@Lust008 – Wish… wish… I could tell… tell… you. :)

@Qeltar – Yes, definitely bug fixes are constantly a top priority. We are fixing them “all the time”. There’s a lot we can (and do) address via server updates, game data updates, or asset updates. Bugs in the actual game client (the executable you run on your device) take longer to address because the release process is more time-consuming. As @CG_AaronNemoyten mentioned in another thread we have been reviewing the Bugs and Issues section of the forum, and will continue to use this as a key input to our priority queue.

@Falen_Lacer – No current plans that I’ve heard, but the design folks may have been discussing this offline over break. Prior to the recent balance changes there was a preponderance of power on the Jedi side and this and some of the other changes were intended to bring a balance to the Force.

@ aspenstar – I’m not clear on which avatar you mean. In the game or in this forum (or something else)?

Thanks again!

although there are many cry babies crying about tie pilot, dont nerf him. If anything go ahead and rebuff resistance fighter. I find that nerfing changes one person from meta to another person. I guess i was one of the lucky guys that got tie pilot shards and now it's 4* g8. I really don't want to switch to someone else b/c you have noobs that haven't even hit lvl 60 crying about how a tie pilot, buffed with boba's 45% crit dmg + poggles 50% boost, critted on vader for 11k dmg and killed him in 1 shot. It could be greedo and he'd 1 shot vader or double attack him for that much damage.

But other than that, i'm so happy that you guys listen to forums and are trying to mold the game into something more awesome. Glad you guys are actually listening and not on an island somewhere out in the distance counting stacks and avoiding the consumers.
  • Options
    Great work so far! The game is really coming along very nicely. As a big fan of the game so far, please be cautious not to flood the game with new characters, very few people are level 60 in my server and with the cap being increased, and increasingly expensive upgrade costs, if more characters are just flooded into the game, not many can keep up and some people may lose interest. I've seen it happen in other games and I am very interested in the longevity of this project. Looking forward to a well balanced release of content! And happy new year!

@Avalanche. I most totally agree: the future of this game depends on balance between F2P and P2P. This in itself is quite a feat!t
    BowTieJedi
  • jafla
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Excellent job so far guys. Appreciate this game. One suggestion would be to consider making some heroes have a few more locations to farm their shards. An example would be resistance trooper. After bug fix he was weakened some but he has amazing synergy with Poe. No one on my entire pvp grouping uses this combo mainly thinking due to the time it takes to farm the shards. He could be a really strong team member at 7 star. I'm still running him at 3 star and hit rank 1 yesterday completely free to play. There are other characters that might be used more often in pvp if for instance they are given a cantina spot for farming or 1-2 more spots on ls ds missions. It could be just a slight increase in ability to farm so there opens up more possibility and unit comps that are more commonly used in pvp. It gets kinda boring fighting the same grouping of heroes in pvp 8 out of 10 battles. I will say highly impressed that you have created a game that you can be competitive in without spending any money.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_JohnSalera can you make Poe available for purchase by Android players and Captain Phasma available for Apple players for a token fee? They were given out for free last week but limited to Poe for Apple and Phasma for Android but some players want the other.
  • Options
    @CG_JohnSalera hey my only one question is about a name change. I didn't know that we couldn't change our name when i first started. I,
    Like a lot of people are now stuck with the name of Mol Eliza and wanted it changed. Anything about adding this feature or the option for a one time change?
  • moddom
    238 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_JohnSalera Any plans on giving us an easier way to make credits? Leveling a character to 60 and starring them already costs quite a bit of credits. Will cost even more now going to 70.
  • Options
    @moddom start saving!
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing us this awesome game! Happy new year and may the force be with us. Or you can always go to the dark side. Your call. Hahahaha
  • Options
    This is the funnest game I've played in years including console games. Thank you for creating a wonderful game that I can spend a couple of hours on each day and continue to have fun. This really is an amazing game
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Any plans for revamping the ally system? It's still mysterious which characters we can borrow, and we can't even see their rosters or records. (Or heck, our own record for that matter.) Or chat with our allies.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Awesome post. Appreciate the update.