Should purples drop rates be lowered?!

Prev13
KickedazzZ
117 posts Member
edited April 2016
Right now there is little seperation between ptp and ftp. Most of characters can be farmed. ftp can get top spot in arena.

lowering drop rates would give ptp some advantage which they rightly deserve.

plus ea/cg should be paid for their efforts!

Should purples drop rates be lowered?! 182 votes

yes- lower rates
11% 21 votes
no- keep them the same
15% 29 votes
no- they should be raised
72% 132 votes

Replies

• Baf
    41 posts Member
    Options
    I have a f2p acct and a main't which is always fully stocked with everything lol.. but I still don't want to get even less than what I do get? Cut off my nose to spite my face ? The premise of this poll seems sarcastic am I right? When we pay we pay to play not to see who pays the most... even when paying eventually I still had to wait for things so started free 2 play... nonetheless ppl I'll bet a million crystals.. want the new toon they're eyeing up to have max gear and abiltys.. and they want that more than they want other players to NOT have gear lol.. after all gimme some respect.. if I'm max I'll beat you max any day cause I'm coo like Dat
  • Options
    They're to high as it is, plus I've got way too many sim tickets
    **Officer in the Synėrgy Guild**
  • Options
    You can't reduce 0
  • Options
    Lol, good try OP.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    So you want to pay for thousands of crystals so you can hit the sim button all day long in hopes of getting 20 purple pieces?

Good god. lol
  • Options
    I feel like it should actually be lowered to -1, now I know what your thinking, "this guy is crazy", but hear me out. So this is how it would work, when a piece was actually going to drop the game would take a random piece of gear from a character, then destroy it. This would be labeled and "balancing".
    **Officer in the Synėrgy Guild**
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Lol, I'm curious to exactly how you thought this would pan out?
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    I just want to watch the world burn
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    7/10

I suspect there will be those that bite.
  • Dev_Str
    137 posts Member
    Options
    (/Sarcasm on)
    I think they should lower them fron 20% to, let's say 5%. After that they could sell temporary boost 200 crystals to raise the drop rate to ... hem 20%.
    (/Sarcasm off)
    I think drop rate are very low and too RNG dependant ... but now I'm used to them.
  • Options
    for those voting no, then what should be advantage that ptp players have? a cool looking but useless grievous ?

without ptp there would not be a game
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    KickedazzZ wrote: »
    for those voting no, then what should be advantage that ptp players have? a cool looking but useless grievous ?

i have to agree with you that p2p doesnt give you that much of an advantage over f2p. your solution of lowering the drop rates even further will probably just annoy f2p and p2p equilly much. The gear would still be obtainable, it would just take longer. in the current situation it allready takes f2p longer, that + some exclusive toons is the only benefit from spending money. suggesting even lower droprates will just result p2p players having to spend more for a slightly longer period of time before the f2p catches up. not that much of an advantage considering you have to spend way more money.

edit: plus the fact that simming spending simming spending over and over agian isnt much fun.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    Options

P2P has an advantage on having a much deeper roster and unique toons.
  • Options
    Shard drop rates in cantina were drastically lowered... I do 2 refresh a day there and get max 5 shards from it. Before update was 10 and more. Just got 1 shard for 200 energy spent there...
  • Options
    Raise the drop rates, it's way too low
  • Options
    Maybe they should make you pay for increased drop rates for a period of time, 12 hours or something.
  • Options

If you need to pay to win this is not a game but something else...I prefear to watch 10 advs every day than a game where I can't be competitive without paying...

without FTP there would not be other players to beat...do you thing that people want to play (and pay) alone or only against other players that can pay (sometimes more)? I don't think so...
  • Options
    One purple per year is more than enough, OMG
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Punga88 wrote: »

If you need to pay to win this is not a game but something else...I prefear to watch 10 advs every day than a game where I can't be competitive without paying...

without FTP there would not be other players to beat...do you thing that people want to play (and pay) alone or only against other players that can pay (sometimes more)? I don't think so...

without p2p the game wouldnt excist because the developers could not be payed.
    without f2p the benefit of spending money on the game would even be lower than it allready is

that means p2p MUST have an advantage over f2p. But to keep the f2p intrested in the game this advantage must be belanced.
    so you are both right.
    - giving too much advantage to spending players would result in f2p players quiting. -> game would s-uck
    - giving too little advantage to spending players woult result in them not spending anymore -> game would also s-uck because it isnt profitable enought for the developers to make money on.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • JediJason
    68 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Oops! Voted for the wrong one. I meant to vote that they should be raised.
    I have 99 problems but a Sith ain't one...
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    a8fdf58a7e4760e3326f70b6888ea724.jpg
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    a8fdf58a7e4760e3326f70b6888ea724.jpg

NnoGhN1.gif
  • Options
    for all the ones I've already collected they should be dropped to one every other leap year. For the ones I still need it should be raised to 5 every time I think about looking at the screen.

So, on balance its probably about right. I like that you actually still have to play the game and invest time to be at the top, not just abuse the trust fund.
  • Options
    I agree with the OP. An ewok scout shard should be worth 20000 crystals. Only the russian oligarchs should be able to play this game.
  • Options
    I assume anyone agreeing is sarcastic. Or was payed by the P2P players to agree...
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Did you vote conservative?
  • Options
    I know (or atleast hope) the OP is being sarcastic. That said... I have had the experience of both my moderate p2p account and a completely FTP account that we started for my son. The difference is vast! I have been meaning to write a post about the comparison. I will get around to it one of these days.

FTP people that were lucky enough to hit a level cap a couple of times and have the opportunity to build their roster are fortunate. Imagine starting completely over (even with your knowledge of the game) and trying to grind a viable roster that will reasonably keep up from 0-80 without spending a dime. Believe me when I tell you that you hit a giant wall at around level 60. You have to choose between arena and GW at that point.

You either have to stop leveling and gearing your main toons in order to build a secondary roster for GW, or you have to keep strengthening your main squad for arena and only have 5 viable toons for GW.

Anyone that has been strictly p2p takes many things for granted. I would encourage you to start a secondary FTP account and experience it from the other side. It will give you a new found respect for those who have built powerful rosters without spending money. It takes a great deal of patience and decision making.
  • Options
    Give P2P advantage of spending 5000 crystals to raise their energy cap by 1. There's your advantage. They already have one since they can buy whatever they want and f2p has to farm.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Do you work for EA or something like this is an absolute joke. Is this guy serious? What level are you 20?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Is anybody even supposed to consider this troll thread and vote? Or is it a joke i don't get?
This discussion has been closed.