Insane Galactic War Nodes with full protection.

Prev13
enigma_jedi
204 posts Member
edited April 2016
http://imgur.com/a/fk0fX

All nodes had full protection. Couldn't complete GW for the first time in 4 months. This is insane.
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Options
    Trippy
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    Options
    Need Taunters/Healers and a good bench for the current GW set up with protection.

O
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    That's nuts! I'd have been toast after the first one (maybe the second). Only so many suicide squads to burn down A hero and help progress.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    All those precrafters..
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Orions wrote: »
    Need Taunters/Healers and a good bench for the current GW set up with protection.

O

I have 22 maxed toons with purple gears. I have 7 toons at gear level 9. I couldn't complete it.

This is just close to impossible.

Every one of them had complete protection whereas none of mine had any left by 8th node.
  • Options
    I'm having trouble with node 6 right now! Daka is stunning 2 toons at a time every time and GS is blowing his 10k loads all on my face!
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you! Finally someone sees what I go through on GW! This happens to me starting node 6
  • Options
    If you've completed GW every day for 4 months except for this 1 time....I don't feel sorry for you at all.
  • Options
    http://imgur.com/a/fk0fX

All nodes had full protection. Couldn't complete GW for the first time in 4 months. This is insane.

Had the same prob today
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    That's not even bad. My second last team was Rex, clone Sargent, GS, gear IX RG and omega fives. That last team is tough but the others don't have tanks.

Got past it. (Omega fives does not take down 5 of your guys).

Still managed to win.

I don't understand how you couldn't do it with 22 guys. RG, QG, lumi, GS Phasma make it most of the way through against L75 teams. The clone team above was my first casualty in a while.

Do you retreat? What are your gear IX toons?

• bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options
    That's what I have to deal with on nightly basis from 8th to 12th. Those people who claim to "beat the GW in 15 mins on auto with Barriss(L), Lumi, JC and 2xDPS) simply face weak enemies. Triple-healer does not get you through 2 nodes of those.
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    I had a team like that today on the last node too except I had a gear 9 fives instead of the gear 9 daka. I had to send in my b team to clear out rg's insane protection.
  • Options
    Dont you know..The GW problem is just a myth...... ITs actually easier since the update.....

Took me 6 hours playing off and on, retreating etc, (think I had to go into battle over 60 times....might have been over 50 though...didnt write it down....) to get through it all yesterday....first time since update....

“Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options
    If you've completed GW every day for 4 months except for this 1 time....I don't feel sorry for you at all.
    So true. Literally complaining because he lost a challenge ONCE.
  • Options
    GW is insane. I have 12 max character in both gear and purp and I still can't get through. This update is ****!
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    Magisto wrote: »
    No the complain is because in order for people keep competing on higher level they NEED the credits they get from gw on daily basis
  • Beewl
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Took me 4+ hours today, but managed to finish after losing a lot of toons. I just think it will get increasingly difficult until everyone catches up to level cap.
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options
    WildGrunt wrote: »
    No the complain is because in order for people keep competing on higher level they NEED the credits they get from gw on daily basis
    You can make it without a day. I lost GW for weeks straight.
  • Options
    Usually get such teams from node 8. Except for the last node, the rest are easy. I run Barris, Dooku, Lumi, JC and Daka and usually finish in one run at reset time before going to bed, 3-4 retreats on average per GW. Don't even remember the last time I lost GW or used a suicide squad. It's always the same toons with a change maybe in the last node or 5s/ Kylo once in a while in place of Dooku. The only thing to monitor is the cool downs on the healers and always kill Sid 1st. No Sid, no problem in exiting a node with full health and at least 2 healers with their CDs reset.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree - I wish the they made it twice as challenging and half as long to get through, regardless. Not everyone should beat it every day.
  • Options
    I don't want to diminish your difficulties, but none of those nodes should be particularly difficult for someone with "22 maxed toons with purple gears. I have 7 toons at gear level 9."

I face the same thing the final 5 nodes or so and quite frankly none of those nodes would make me think "uh oh, I'm going to lose someone here." I have a 18 maxed characters all at gear 8. I fear seeing multiple nodes with maxed droid teams w/ taunt, but have yet to see more than 1 node with that makeup.

How are you playing the nodes?

In each of those nodes my priority target would be either QGJ/Rey. In every case my secondary would be Daka. The bug 3rd. After that it is just mop up.

I'd make sure I had a lineup that included:
    buff remover - QGJ/Ventris
    crowd control - Daka/Dooku
    taunt - RG/STH/Poe
    1/2 healers - Lumi/JC/Talia
    0-1 damage - IG88/86/RP/Rey/Bug etc

• Options
    Dooku lead with G9 - RG, GS, QGJ, Yoda/Rey/Daka is brutal. Unless you have a similar team to combat this meta, you will be in trouble.
  • Options
    Please don't use CG,EA,DEVS etc in post titles.

It is redundant and causes clutter. We take your feedback seriously and to heart. By posting in these forums we understand that you are addressing us.
  • enigma_jedi
    204 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't want to diminish your difficulties, but none of those nodes should be particularly difficult for someone with "22 maxed toons with purple gears. I have 7 toons at gear level 9."

All the last 4 nodes had full protection. Whereas none of my toons has any protection left.

Also, all last 4 nodes had evasion leaders. So, they dodge lot of attacks.

My arena power is 33,000. So, the last 4 nodes are stronger than my arena team. And they all have full protection with gear level 9.

It is very difficult as you increase you power in arena.

Your gear level 8 characters are piece of cake.

Gear level 9 gets lot of protection....and high increase in difficulty.

• Options
    Im on node 6...and second suicide squad to beat it....

7*
    Dooku
    Fivez
    Phasma
    Sid

Over and over and o er again.....node after node.....until node 10 when rg shows up

I do not have a roster of 20 7* toons....i have 7 star jedi that i worken on for over 2 months to get yoda.....

As a result of dooku dodge and stuns/ability blocks....fives multiple attacks and speed downs....rg stuns and auto taunt....i have no hopes of beating gw and acquiring the credits needed to build a dooku led team with fives....rg....gs....etc to compete with the current meta......

At least prior to update i could win gw 90ish % of time if i put alot of time and thought into it.

“Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I had my toughest GW in some time last night. Lost all my protection by the end of the second node and had to win my last three with just my main squad (burned the rest earlier). But I pulled it off just barely. Though I would not have been able to finish it had I had your last node. Dat full RG!
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Took a screenshot inside the last 2 days to share with some friends the kind of nodes I'm getting:
    0CSqv9D.png

Changed my usual lineup and finished with my CDs ready for the next node.
    yG8rN4j.png

Didn't lose even one toon by the end of that GW, or any other GW for that matter, for a long, long time.

Unless you're way below in levels, I don't really see any issues here. Post your roster @enigma_jedi , maybe you can pick up some tips.
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Options
    WildGrunt wrote: »
    You can make it without a day. I lost GW for weeks straight.

I think the point here is not just winning or losing. If you win till node 11 you still get a good chunk of rewards/credits. Probably the big loss is the purple mat from the last node. The bigger problem here is the time its taking to clear each node. With guild raids around the corner it is not feasible to invest so much time just in GW. I still clear GW everyday but loathe to do it as it has become such a chore.
  • Options
    puru wrote: »
    The bigger problem here is the time its taking to clear each node.

Valid point but depends on POV. I like to do GW at bed time and since GW and Arena are the only modes where I'm not simming, so I kinda like it this way. Challenges I put on auto while I'm watching a movie or something. We'll see what happens when the guild raids are online.
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Took a screenshot inside the last 2 days to share with some friends the kind of nodes I'm getting:

Didn't lose even one toon by the end of that GW, or any other GW for that matter, for a long, long time.

Unless you're way below in levels, I don't really see any issues here. Post your roster @enigma_jedi , maybe you can pick up some tips.

As the OP said there is big difference between G8 and G9. Typically Protection is doubled. Level and * are not that important, except that L76 teams usually have omega abilities to add cherry on the top. Are you facing G9 teams with omega abilities ?
    They are still winnable but to go through that much HP node after node is tiresome and annoying.