Insane Galactic War Nodes with full protection.

Replies

• Options
    Just lost my first GW in over 2 months. Last node i had 3 max health healer characters against Dooku and Fives. And i still lost. I spent nearly 2hrs of time trying to finish just to lose at the very end. GW used to take 30-40 minutes, tops. Now it takes over an hour. this is no longer fun. EA, you have until the end of this weekend to fix this, or i'm done. It's just not worth it anymore.
  • Options
    puru wrote: »
    Took a screenshot inside the last 2 days to share with some friends the kind of nodes I'm getting:

Didn't lose even one toon by the end of that GW, or any other GW for that matter, for a long, long time.

Unless you're way below in levels, I don't really see any issues here. Post your roster @enigma_jedi , maybe you can pick up some tips.

As the OP said there is big difference between G8 and G9. Typically Protection is doubled. Level and * are not that important, except that L76 teams usually have omega abilities to add cherry on the top. Are you facing G9 teams with omega abilities ?
    They are still winnable but to go through that much HP node after node is tiresome and annoying.

Did you see the images he linked? Omega starts at lvl 76. And his complaint is that it's unwinnable. My response was to his post. It's winnable and I posted a screenshot where I'm getting such teams too and another image where I cleared such a node without any losses and ready for the next node. I got mine at node 8 onwards, a node earlier than him. I'm not complaining, I'm adapting. I suggested he do the same and take help from the forum. Why are you so riled up at me, lol?

About the tiresome complaint that you added, refer my post above yours. Relax and try to enjoy the game. Personally, if it becomes tiresome for me, I'll quit.
  • Options
    Just lost my first GW in over 2 months. Last node i had 3 max health healer characters against Dooku and Fives. And i still lost. I spent nearly 2hrs of time trying to finish just to lose at the very end. GW used to take 30-40 minutes, tops. Now it takes over an hour. this is no longer fun. EA, you have until the end of this weekend to fix this, or i'm done. It's just not worth it anymore.

Maybe post a screenshot of the opponent you're finding impossible and your roster next time? I'm sure there are lots of guys and gals here who'd be willing to suggest tactics. At the least, you'll get tips for the next time. The time thing is another matter...
  • Options
    Took a screenshot inside the last 2 days to share with some friends the kind of nodes I'm getting:
    0CSqv9D.png

Changed my usual lineup and finished with my CDs ready for the next node.
    yG8rN4j.png

Didn't lose even one toon by the end of that GW, or any other GW for that matter, for a long, long time.

Unless you're way below in levels, I don't really see any issues here. Post your roster @enigma_jedi , maybe you can pick up some tips.

So you are combating the issues some are having with the same toons all at high gear/stars and abilities I would assume.

Thats great if you have a full stable to available players.

My Dooku is only 4 star level 50 with ability5 and gear 7........
    “Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    K1ngYoda wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong. You want to win GW everyday with 4 star toons?

Edit: By the way, all the toons I use in GW are F2P.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @enigma_jedi Out of curiosity, what's your team total power in arena? Seems pre-crafters have it the worst in GW.
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Options

As the OP said there is big difference between G8 and G9. Typically Protection is doubled. Level and * are not that important, except that L76 teams usually have omega abilities to add cherry on the top. Are you facing G9 teams with omega abilities ?
    They are still winnable but to go through that much HP node after node is tiresome and annoying.

Did you see the images he linked? Omega starts at lvl 76. And his complaint is that it's unwinnable. My response was to his post. It's winnable and I posted a screenshot where I'm getting such teams too and another image where I cleared such a node without any losses and ready for the next node. I got mine at node 8 onwards, a node earlier than him. I'm not complaining, I'm adapting. I suggested he do the same and take help from the forum. Why are you so riled up at me, lol?

About the tiresome complaint that you added, refer my post above yours. Relax and try to enjoy the game. Personally, if it becomes tiresome for me, I'll quit.

Hmm I know omega comes at L76 and I said so. I know that OP doesn't face those but I do. So that particular part was my personal whine. I am not riled up against you or anyone. You have every right to be proud of your GW accomplishments.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    @enigma_jedi Out of curiosity, what's your team total power in arena? Seems pre-crafters have it the worst in GW.

And yes, I pre-crafted some gears. So, its hell now in GW.
  • Options
    GW is insane. I have 12 max character in both gear and purp and I still can't get through. This update is ****!

Get better at playing and everyone needs to get over yourselves. This game will never be 100% what you want it to be, you can sit here and **** about everything or play the game the way it is or leave. They are not gonna change the game just because you don't like it anymore. I get through GW every single day, yo know why, I don't plan and play the meta, if you do you get stuck.
  • Options
    I keep repeating it anywhere I get the chance, so might as well say it here too.

Credit crunch. Pages of advice, farm 5-10 toons, finish GW, there's no credit crunch. Guess what, we who complained about the credit crunch worked on more than 10 toons and it's much easier for us to adapt to any changes. We don't have 10 mil+ credits earning interest but we're having it easier in Arena and GW.

That was directed at folks who complain they don't have a deep bench. You should, that's the whole point of GW. Honestly though, 3 healers and better management of the match should get anyone through most of GW. Suicide and kill squads can get through the rest. There's a reason the Retreat button is there.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    @Azraelrulez makes some good points here. I'm nowhere near the level that you guys are as far as toons, but his tips are pretty much what I attempt to do on a daily basis. Just don't run your A squad out on node 1. Mine gets difficult right in the middle and eases up at the end.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options

uh....no.....

I would like to continue winning with the best toons on my roster....or at least what used to be the best toons on my roster....

My suicide squads that had dooku etc used to come out around node 10.....now by node 6 or 7 they are gone....

And I currently have 7* QGJ, Lumi, JC, Ahsoka, Mace, Yoda, IG86, 6* Phasma, Magma, Old Ben, ST HAn, 5* Rey, Anakin

I had very solid toons that could carry me through GW.....

Not anymore....Average since update has been to node 9-10

– Yoda
  • Options
    I keep repeating it anywhere I get the chance, so might as well say it here too.

Credit crunch. Pages of advice, farm 5-10 toons, finish GW, there's no credit crunch. Guess what, we who complained about the credit crunch worked on more than 10 toons and it's much easier for us to adapt to any changes. We don't have 10 mil+ credits earning interest but we're having it easier in Arena and GW.

That was directed at folks who complain they don't have a deep bench. You should, that's the whole point of GW. Honestly though, 3 healers and better management of the match should get anyone through most of GW. Suicide and kill squads can get through the rest. There's a reason the Retreat button is there.

I cannot farm that many toons.

I farm RG
    I farm Old Ben
    I farm Rey

I do not have the crystals to be able to farm more than that....

I do not have the credits to upgrade the farming I am doing.......Magma sits unstarred, ST Han sits unstarred......

– Yoda
  • Balbes
    82 posts Member
    Options
    Look like 33k arena power is breaking point where you start getting unusually high level teams.
    I ended up fighting my own p2p team with f2p team. Before protection i was able to beat my own team on defense but with protection i can't even scratch them enough. Protection was meant to prevent 1 hit k.o. both ways but what we have right now in GW is that only AI is protected from 1 hit.
  • Options

uh....no.....

I would like to continue winning with the best toons on my roster....or at least what used to be the best toons on my roster....

My suicide squads that had dooku etc used to come out around node 10.....now by node 6 or 7 they are gone....

And I currently have 7* QGJ, Lumi, JC, Ahsoka, Mace, Yoda, IG86, 6* Phasma, Magma, Old Ben, ST HAn, 5* Rey, Anakin

I had very solid toons that could carry me through GW.....

Not anymore....Average since update has been to node 9-10

Not the best roster for GW. You need to get Barris or Daka or both.They're easily farmed. GW is war of attrition, healers are a must unless you have 30 maxed toons. How do use your suicide squads? Earlier they were used for getting the specials off, now with protection it won't work. You need to work on a kill squad, to get that one toon killed or hurt heavily. And work on Dooku. Stuns and heals, the easiest way to clear 90% of any GW.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    Balbes wrote: »
    Look like 33k arena power is breaking point where you start getting unusually high level teams.
    I ended up fighting my own p2p team with f2p team. Before protection i was able to beat my own team on defense but with protection i can't even scratch them enough. Protection was meant to prevent 1 hit k.o. both ways but what we have right now in GW is that only AI is protected from 1 hit.

Exactly, once I hit 33.5K it turned to Galactic Apocalypse not Galactic War
  • Options
    http://imgur.com/a/fk0fX

All nodes had full protection. Couldn't complete GW for the first time in 4 months. This is insane.

I face this every day. Also in my GW, battle #9 has the enemy predetermined with guaranteed crits for 2 turns, and my team members get the minimum damage and/or deflected for two turns. After two turns, the RNG let's up. The RNG gets less extreme after the 9th battle, but tightens up in difficulty at battle 12; but the final encounter in each node seems to be designed to be extreme for its level.
  • Options
    WildGrunt wrote: »

Exactly, once I hit 33.5K it turned to Galactic Apocalypse not Galactic War

What squad? The best squad (my opinion) on my shard has 32k, maxed RG, QGJ etc and gear 9. Just curious.
  • Balbes
    82 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Poggle/Qgj/GS/86/88 all lvl 9. 33.4k and thats my ftp 75 squad. My p2p only 32.3k.

Poggle alone 7k+ highest of all my chars by far
  • Options
    I actually have had an easier time beating it since the update. Maybe just retreat more and re-adjust your strategy.
  • Options
    Poggle/Qgj/GS/86/88 all lvl 9. 33.4k and thats my ftp 75 squad. My p2p only 32.3k.

Poggle alone 7k+ highest of all my chars by far

Just checked my Poggle, 6k+. I never noticed he had such a high power rating, of course mines gear 8. QGJ has the most power in my roster, G9, 6.8k lol!
  • Options
    KyleDvan wrote: »
    I actually have had an easier time beating it since the update. Maybe just retreat more and re-adjust your strategy.

Have you played todays GW? What is your main team look like?
  • Options
    So that particular part was my personal whine.

We all have some whines so you're not alone. I'm just trying to, you know, try a more positive attitude? Personally, I still enjoy the game overall even though there are aspects that I really dislike. Hope you start enjoying the game again once the Guild update hits! Though if precedents anything, things just might get worse, lol!

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    @Azraelrulez - Yeah, easy farm, but you have to get there first. You're assuming all of us here are level 70+. I have about a week or so to go before I can hit that Cantina node and even then there's no guarantee I could 3 star it.
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    @Azraelrulez - Yeah, easy farm, but you have to get there first. You're assuming all of us here are level 70+. I have about a week or so to go before I can hit that Cantina node and even then there's no guarantee I could 3 star it.

What level are you? I finished those nodes ages before hitting the 70 cap. It was difficult and there's at least one node I left at 2 stars then as I wasn't interested in the rewards. After that 1st time, it's sims anyway.

If you have difficulties, post on the forum and I'm sure you'll get through it. PM me if you want any specific toon as ally, I'm going 76 by tomorrow.

• Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    I've had some pretty beefy teams as of late similar to yours. Prior to the update I could complete it with only a single A Squad. Now it is becoming essential to use your B and C squads to soften up or at least take out the largest threats for your A team. I have yet to lose a GW since it opened up at level 27 back in December. Having a large bench is starting to become required, and I believe that's how they originally intended it.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options

What level are you? I finished those nodes ages before hitting the 70 cap. It was difficult and there's at least one node I left at 2 stars then as I wasn't interested in the rewards. After that 1st time, it's sims anyway.

If you have difficulties, post on the forum and I'm sure you'll get through it. PM me if you want any specific toon as ally, I'm going 76 by tomorrow.

@Azraelrulez - 63. Cantina 6 doesn't open until level 69. I DO have her hard nodes opened and 3 starred though, so at least I have that going for me.

• Options
    @Azraelrulez - 63. Cantina 6 doesn't open until level 69. I DO have her hard nodes opened and 3 starred though, so at least I have that going for me.

Yeah, GW was beeped up for lots of people in the 60s. I thought that was fixed, though. My wife had a hard time as she had concentrated on her droids and Arena. Now she's also cruising along having farmed Barris after a Bronzium drop and JC etc for the Yoda event. Unlike most other toons, Barris can be useful even at 4 stars so that 1st 80 shards will be a grind. I got Barris after reaching/ crossing 70 myself. Never needed her to complete GW but now I use her as leader on almost all nodes. Work on JC too and max his basic. He's good and his basic gives a chance to reset his already short cool down for heals.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    @Azraelrulez - EXACTLY. I'm not lucky enough to pull her from Bronzium and from what I hear, if you did the freebie toons, she's an absolute must to have for GW. I'm upping JC's basic next time I can get ability mats since I completely spaced it and it's stuck on level 3 because I'm stuck on stupid. Unfortunately, I'm locked out of gear level IX. I've got him to gear VIII but the Mk 10 lens salvage isn't obtainable yet. In the meanwhile, I'm just farming purple gear and trying to get enough credits to level up my squad. I've got Sid hitting 7* soon, so I can really only max out a toon per day because that half a million jump to level from 59 / 60 to 63 is fairly steep when you only have about a million credits and know that other characters are getting starred soon. I'll take any suggestions you have on that....