Darth Vader

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Who cares, there's plenty of other characters to choose from.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Vader should be rare as he aways was. It requires dedication to make him good and to star him up. It is a sign that you have played a lot. Just stay patient. It pays off:

http://youtu.be/chk7S5iJN1E
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Beewl
    129 posts Member
    Options
    I'm cool with him being barely available. Otherwise he'd be another toon everyone has.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    He is adequate at four star, use for challenges, he hit a 60k culling blade on tarkin it was amazing.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Vader is an awesome toon. Yes, he should be the end game for the most dedicated players, but it shouldn't take 5 years to get him to 6*.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @Amish_Ace Did you pick up a lot of his shards at the shard shop?

Yeah, I've gotten a few. Maybe 10 or so...been on a dry spell for a while ever since I posted about this particular topic a week or more ago (jinxed myself). I need to post another one I think to change my luck :smiley:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/25111/darth-vader-hows-your-progress/p1
    Smapty wrote: »
    I have him at 5 stars (45/85) and gear 9 also and even at that level I find him extremely strong and useful in my empire team... His dots are great for wearing down protection and culling blade is the highest single damage skill in the game with the right conditions. I've hit culling blade for 25k in arena but typically its in the 12-15k range. He is by no means weak in the right team and I compete for top spot on my server daily using Vader with an empire squad.

These pics are from last week I think but you get the idea...

http://m.imgur.com/a/hizn9

I agree 100%. Sadly, I don't want to give up Dooku lead or I'd drop too much in arena. He is def fun to use in GW though. I pair him with Phasma (L), Kylo and a mix of others and they hit like a truck to help with some of those harder nodes.

@GrimmVonHell : I'm not sure what his base damage is but I'll use him in GW today and make a video.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    @Amish_Ace Plz & Ty!
  • Options
    I would use him if he wasn't so dumb on defense. He never uses cull blade properly.
  • Options
    Yeah. There is this sense of continuous progress which retains users in the game.

Vader dropping a large pack of shards at long intervals is much worse than having him drop at least once per week.

IMO the way achievement progression stair-stepping to ludicrous time frames between drops is a really, really bad call.

It should be reworked, even if it means retroactively giving shards to veterans.

Every full month of daily logins (i.e. no daily logins lost) should give the player a drop of vader shards as well.
  • Options
    @GrimmVonHell : Here is a video below. Sorry for longer than normal loading times and lack of sounds. I was at work so I play on mute, and I had crappy service so thing were taking a while to load. Tried to use him back to back, but lost on the next GW node.

https://youtu.be/khbZWvJ64r8
  • Options
    Completely disagree with the OP. Leave Vader as is. He s a reward for dedicated players.
  • Options
    @Amish_Ace thank you & awesome roster dude! I'm suprised you didn't do a refresh after your team got got. I'll do it every time for a free retry, lol. Can't wait to get Vader up there!
  • Options
    is he a meta toon at 6 or 7 stars?
  • Options
    KickedazzZ wrote: »
    is he a meta toon at 6 or 7 stars?

No one knows as it's not legitimately possible to have him at 6 or 7 stars yet.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    If he isn't meta at 5* gear IX then getting him to 7* isn't going to change that.

Mate... I have the same Vader as the images posted (to the number) and the first person to grind out an Imp team with him as leader and a 5*+ RG will be THE meta
  • Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    If he isn't meta at 5* gear IX then getting him to 7* isn't going to change that.

Mate... I have the same Vader as the images posted (to the number) and the first person to grind out an Imp team with him as leader and a 5*+ RG will be THE meta

I hope they do an aurodonium pack for when The Emperor is released, because I will be all over those shards, especially Tarkin.
  • Options
    While we are at it can we discuss Darth Maul who is impossible to get without dropping serious cash through data packs? I have him 7* Abilities maxed level 75 I will be 76 by Sunday and Omega him and he is gear maxed and although a beast still isn't given what he should bring
  • Options
    I would hate to face Vader's Culling Blade as an attacker ... if he used it right.

He should use it at least right-ish.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    I'm building a Vader lead empire team it's a long grind but I'm close. I use my 5 star Vader now gear nine makes him a beast . Phasma lead Vader, RG, Ig 88, kylo Ren is winning against the best comps on offense but defense drops to 30s in rank. My future arena team is Vader lead Magmatrooper , Stormtrooper, snow trooper , RG . There slow sure but with protection will survive initial burst after that the turn meter control will get Vader a huge culling blade and 2 tanks will protect Vader and snow trooper to kill what's needed. Magmatrooper is done Stormtrooper and snow trooper , RG 5 star so not ready yet . Believe it or not very viable and Vader viable in arena right now at 5 star I see 15 k culling blades now with no buffs. Vader at 7 star even 6 maybe op I can't wait to find out I buy Vader shards everytime I see them in shard shop 6100 power with 2 pcs left to fill gear 9 not even fully geared yet.
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    I have him at 5 stars (45/85) and gear 9 also and even at that level I find him extremely strong and useful in my empire team... His dots are great for wearing down protection and culling blade is the highest single damage skill in the game with the right conditions. I've hit culling blade for 25k in arena but typically its in the 12-15k range. He is by no means weak in the right team and I compete for top spot on my server daily using Vader with an empire squad.

These pics are from last week I think but you get the idea...

http://m.imgur.com/a/hizn9

Your top 3 would be in 50s on my server I reckon although nice too see you do well with a different squad :) I have 5* Vader just haven't geared him up if you guys reckon he's viable might give him a go
  • Phu
    17 posts Member
    Options
    I find him too slow. Force crush puts 3 dots on everything and you get all exited to throw his lightsaber and one shot anything...but you wait...and wait...and all the dots wear off...and you go away sad.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Phu wrote: »
    I find him too slow. Force crush puts 3 dots on everything and you get all exited to throw his lightsaber and one shot anything...but you wait...and wait...and all the dots wear off...and you go away sad.
    Well you have to pair him up with right characters. I go up against level 75-78 level comps and get into top 5 with Phasma lead Vader, kylo, ig88,RG . I stun biggest threat with RG 1st use victory march with Phasma 1st move force crush with Vader then Ig 88 lights them up by time Vaders turn comes again there's still dots on enemy for a unbelievable strong culling blade . This comp is extremely fun to use. When I get my skills fully leveled will be a lot better
  • Options
    This are some samples of Vader and AoE chars on arena. Not top tier, @Jabba team seems better.

Vader na arena:
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    Joe_Cus wrote: »
    Agreed. It's ridiculous.
    +111