Not enough time for battle

Prev1
DeathShadow
38 posts Member
edited December 2015
Hey. I have to Player against ppl which are some lvl about me.
they offen have 2-3 heal. The time to win against this ppl is with 5min to short. Often at the end of time i have 4 and the enemy has only 2 guys left and so ist loose. With more time, maybe 8min it would be easier. So, lower ppl have no chance.
sry for my bad english

Replies

• Options
    play vs 5 tanks.. you never can win in 4/5min..
    this time limit is worse case over lvl 40
  • Options
    No, please don't increase the time limit even further. 5 minutes is more than enough to finish an arena battle.

If you can't kill a 3 healer team fast enough then you need stronger characters, and stop fighting against players who are higher level than you.

They do need to do something about the draws though, especially if you end the fight with more characters/hp than the enemy. That used to result in a win before they changed it.
  • Options
    What should i do if there are only higher Player in front of me? I cant fight into the back ;P
    I havent started at the release, so they will allways be higher then me.
    the strength of my Team is 3000-4000 points higher then theres. It's only time missing to have a chance. Why should i be satisfied with rank 30 if i could be in the top 10?
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Don't go by the team power rating, that's currently not working properly I think. Teams will always be shown as being less than your power rating even though they are usually on par with or stronger than you (as you've probably already seen).

While character levels help boost stats, make sure your gear and skill levels are the highest they can be at your level. A level 50 character with gear level 5 and skills level 4 should be stronger than a level 52 character with only gear level 3 and skills level 3. Generally speaking.

You can get a rough idea of what an enemy's gear level is on their leader by looking at their avatar border. See this link for the breakdown.

Unfortunately, other than just focusing on getting to level 60 as soon as possible so your characters can be level 60 is the most you can do for now. When everyone is at 60 the game changes and you'll find yourself having a much easier time in Arena.

Although it would help if the devs reverted back to the old system of giving you a win if you have more surviving members in your team at the end of the fight.
  • dauz6063
    73 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yes, imo 5min is MORE than enough time for a match, no need to increase it more. Dev need to address the power level visual bug so players is not tricked into thinking the other team is much lower power level than them.
  • Options
    Once you have the fight in hand, go into auto. The cpu acts so much faster than you can. I had to throw one in auto today at the deadline and it wasn't even under control yet, but it was the only way I was going to finish in time. Won with 16 secs left.
  • Options
    Hello, first post. I am enjoying the game but have some concerns. As far as PVP goes the time limit seems too short. I'm currently in the 1000-500 rank area with 8k power. Most of my battles end up with less than 30 secs left or go to draw. I find that with all the healers and defense boost it makes the match take a long time. Most times I end up putting auto up so the attacks will go quicker.

Maybe if at the end whoever has the most people left or hp left should get the win instead of just wasting a turn to do nothing. Y'all may say I need more power to finish quicker but most of my opponents are 2k-3k under my power (which I don't understand why I struggle with some fights).

Anyway feel free to discuss if you have had similar issues or have any suggestions moving forward.
  • Options
    I have a problem with auto where it sometimes switches the target that I pick in auto.

If I can still pick my target. It should stay on. It's just irritating to see my biggest bit go off focus.
  • Options
    No, the timer isn't too short.

Yes, it's annoying when you draw and don't gain any rank.

Yes, you need to level up your team more. Character levels, gear levels, skill levels, star ranks. As high as you possibly can depending on your account level.

Don't go by the power ratings because there appears to be a display bug and it's not showing you the right value.

I apologise if my response seems curt, but every day a new thread is created about these exact same issues and it's discussed ad nauseam.
  • Cenarl
    35 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Phyneas wrote: »
    I have a problem with auto where it sometimes switches the target that I pick in auto.

got the healer down in red? Sure, why don't we randomly change it to the tank with 8 full bars, who will probably cast taunt next round.
  • Options
    The timer isnt short. You want to win by increasing time but then you will lose rank much faster by that as well.
  • Options
    The timer is definetly too short. Especially when you are closing in to lvl 60. I dont know what people who claim it isnt have smoked.

Im hovering around rank 20 in pvp. 4/5 matches end up in a draw. I usually have 4 ppl left and enemy has 1-2 left.

People are saying update your gear and lvl. Ofc everyone is doing that but the competition is doing that also and more geared and leveled you become the harder it is to beat pvp in 5 mins(hp and def increase faster than dmg via updates).

I know there is a workaround for those bariss/lumi/chewie teams but its gonna take months or hundreds of euros to get that kinda team.

The pvp system definetly needs to be worked. There is no question about that!
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Kune0 wrote: »
    The timer is definetly too short. Especially when you are closing in to lvl 60. I dont know what people who claim it isnt have smoked.

Im hovering around rank 20 in pvp. 4/5 matches end up in a draw. I usually have 4 ppl left and enemy has 1-2 left.

People are saying update your gear and lvl. Ofc everyone is doing that but the competition is doing that also and more geared and leveled you become the harder it is to beat pvp in 5 mins(hp and def increase faster than dmg via updates).

I know there is a workaround for those bariss/lumi/chewie teams but its gonna take months or hundreds of euros to get that kinda team.

Sorry, I don't know what else to say. I've only had 2 draws from time outs since global launch. Every other fight has ended in either me or the enemy team being completely defeated. Most fights end with at least 2 minutes left on the clock.

5 minutes is more than enough time for me.

Edit: Sorry, I should also mention that I'm level 60 and the only money I've spent on the game is $5 for Dooku pack and $7 for crystals from free Google Play credits.
  • Options
    Slushie wrote: »
    Kune0 wrote: »

Sorry, I don't know what else to say. I've only had 2 draws from time outs since global launch. Every other fight has ended in either me or the enemy team being completely defeated. Most fights end with at least 2 minutes left on the clock.

5 minutes is more than enough time for me.

Edit: Sorry, I should also mention that I'm level 60 and the only money I've spent on the game is $5 for Dooku pack and $7 for crystals from free Google Play credits.

I started at global launch. Im currently lvl52 and pvprank 14. Since last post i have played 5 arena matches and they all ended in a draw. Last one even ended with 5 on each side so not a single dead char in 5 minutes!

Against bariss/lumi/chewie it takes around 2 minutes to take down chewie. Taunt + selfheal + bariss heal + lumis heal. I cant even win with autoplayon eventho autoplay plays it alot faster.

As i am allmost F2P(bought bariss), im working on very limited heropool and its allmost imposible to get those high dmg heroes without paying. Im also running only 2 healers (bariss,lumi,chewie,dooku,asajj). So i dont have many options in shortterm, tho im gonna get sid today which should help with healing immunity buff.

So well see how much healing immunity changes it but without that the clock just runs out allmost every single time.

• Ailan
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The only reason that people are saying no to the timers > running triple heal tank teams. Its pretty boring, I'm spent on this games PVP atmosphere. Its a joke. These timers aren't FUN. That is a main motivator for playing a GAME. I'm completely geared, higher rank with a pretty aggressive team. Lots of damage dealers and I simply cannot beat these tank teams @ five minutes. I don't lose, I just time out. I get down 4 by the time the timer drops. Used to not be a problem around levels 20-30. 40+ its impossible. This is boring.

Top two run Luminara, Consular, Barriss Offee. Impossible to beat no matter my rotation. The reality is that people should have a chance to outplay these people. This is ruining the game. It could be fun to see some versatility in peoples groups but its not going to happen when this comp is so readily available and so OP.
  • Options
    Sounds like the fix to this is to just get rid of draws and assign a winner based on who has more heroes standing/higher health pool at the end of the 5 minutes.

This actually used to be how the Arena used to work when the timer was 3 minutes long. If you ran out of time, and you were "winning" then you would be given the win and rank up.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Funny as I started out hating the timers but now kind of like them. Why? Because it's more exciting, and because it forces you to think and strategize and make smart decisions.
    I am running a 2-healer team with Barriss and Dooku and I can beat other similar teams, even at a higher level... because I have learned how to do it. Dooku for example.. there's a very specific strategy. Same thing in terms of deciding whom to attack first and whom to leave. You learn, you get better at it.
    And the draw thing is good because it cuts down on constant "churn" in the rankings.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    You just have to play right, you shoulndt draw if hou and jour team are gold enough. I am using 4 healers (barriss, consular, luminara, Chewbacca) to suck time out as much as i can, but still a few people even 3 lvls below me can beat me.

If you draw, think again about your team and the order in which you'll kill your opponents.
  • Options
    Since I have made this post I am still running into the same situation. My team seems pretty diverse, all are maxed lvl (44) and have all the items I can give them without paying into the game. Someone mentioned fighting easier opponents but everyone is about 1k over my power level when I cycle through. I guess I'm just at a point where I will always be in the 300's unless I pay.
  • Options
    I've run into this issue quite a few times now. 5 minutes just doesn't seem long enough for the upper tier battles.
  • Options
    If you can't p2w then don't try to beat the p2w teams and accept your ranks.
  • Options
    Why is there a time limit on battles? Probably because the devs were aware that 2 healing teams against each other might be drawn out forever so a time limit was put into place. The problem with this is that most matches aren't really draws. The attacking player is clearly winning if they have 4 or 5 characters and their opponent is down to 1 or 2. The players crying that they don't want it to change don't want to lose their higher ranking in the arena. They can sit up there with 2-3 healers and pray no one gets through when they are not really winning any battles.

Raise the time limit to 6 or 7 minutes and that's all that is needed.
  • Options
    I'm just going to copy and paste what a dev has responded with on why there's a PvP timer.

The problem is, we can't up the timer on PvP because of the rank swap system we're using. Right now, when you engage another player, both of your character records are locked--which means nobody can fight you. This is fine at anything below Rank 20, but once you start hitting Rank 20 or higher, it makes it extremely difficult to actually engage in a PvP battle.
    This is something we are aware of and are working on. In fact, one of my main priorities is to rethink how we handle PvP and what we do with it in the future.
  • Options
    Robobob wrote: »
    Why is there a time limit on battles? Probably because the devs were aware that 2 healing teams against each other might be drawn out forever so a time limit was put into place. The problem with this is that most matches aren't really draws. The attacking player is clearly winning if they have 4 or 5 characters and their opponent is down to 1 or 2. The players crying that they don't want it to change don't want to lose their higher ranking in the arena. They can sit up there with 2-3 healers and pray no one gets through when they are not really winning any battles.

Raise the time limit to 6 or 7 minutes and that's all that is needed.

And how do you suppose they earned their pvp ranks? Definitely not by draw because then they would lose, they earned their ranks by playing manually and winning the match. And if you cant win against their team which is only manage by the game AI then I think you deserve to lose.
    Maybe rethink your strategy, pick sidious for heal immunity, use stun/skill block, level up your skill/gear etc. This is only my opinion, and I am not that high in rank PVP though. :)
  • Options
    You need to fix your team comp and strategize better. For instance, against chewie, ability block will stop him from activating taunt - Luminara from GW shipments can inflict ability block along with some other characters. Sidius, from arena shipments, inflicts heal block. For me, these two characters are essential for dealing with heal/tank spam. Also, any other forms of CC - dooku stun, etc. can help a lot.
  • Options
    As the last second was passing, I press attack time runs out during the animation but kills the last member of the opposite team and it then says draw.
  • Options
    Working as intended. You have to clear the team before the last second.

Kill faster.
  • Options
    I would like to see them drop the time back down.. maybe to 4 min. I'm in the top ten on my server and can take out most teams down there in under 3min.. and the rest in under 4.. this would take care of those that have 5k less power then you sniping ...
  • Options
    Slushie wrote: »
    Don't go by the team power rating, that's currently not working properly I think. Teams will always be shown as being less than your power rating even though they are usually on par with or stronger than you (as you've probably already seen).

While character levels help boost stats, make sure your gear and skill levels are the highest they can be at your level. A level 50 character with gear level 5 and skills level 4 should be stronger than a level 52 character with only gear level 3 and skills level 3. Generally speaking.

You can get a rough idea of what an enemy's gear level is on their leader by looking at their avatar border. See this link for the breakdown.

Unfortunately, other than just focusing on getting to level 60 as soon as possible so your characters can be level 60 is the most you can do for now. When everyone is at 60 the game changes and you'll find yourself having a much easier time in Arena.

Although it would help if the devs reverted back to the old system of giving you a win if you have more surviving members in your team at the end of the fight.

They always show up 500-2500 Higher than me power wise, though that could just be from being in the top 10 and top 20. I keep drawing Barriss, Lum, Duku and a combo of JC,Sid, Chewie, Ventress(who heals the team, yet my Ventress does not oddly) Tailia. When I was at 10kish power my opponants were 11-13k to choose from, at Nearly 13 my draws are mid 14k-15 it takes me the time limit often, but I have 4-5(typically 5 standing, to their 1. That should give me a win, not draw, especially up against higher rated teams. The draws I get are also, on average 3-6 Levels higher than me since I broke 40.
  • Options
    I've had some insanely rough breaks due to the timer because I'm playin against mostly guys above my level. Literally lost against the #1 player with 5 guys left and he had 1 left with a sliver of health when the timer ran out. Also had one that got down to 2 vs 2 healers with 3 minutes left and then we both never even came close to killin the other.

And yet, I think the timer is necessary and at the proper time limit. If you're running out of time, evaluate your team and attack plan. If you can't beat a team in 5 minutes, frankly you don't deserve to move past them.