What is going on with Galactic War?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    I clear every day. its a chore. Not fun in the least. Hour and a half to 2 is my avg
  • Options
    GW needs addressed ASAP. This used to be the most fun feature of the game now it's a nightmare. The community as a whole doesn't have the time to spend 1.5 to 2 hours on GW sessions, this is a mobile APP! Please make this a high priority fix @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera
  • Waxx25
    62 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ok, the difference in GW between yesterday and today was amazing. I have beat it for more than 50days in a row. Yesterday was tough with lv75-76 last several nodes but today I made it to node 8 and by the time I made it to node 9 all my toons were dead. The difficulty level jumped through the roof. I have 13 7 star characters and it made no difference.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    I noticed today was harder, too. I still beat it with my A squad, though. I think I threw in one suicide squad on node 9, and that was it.
  • Options
    I really thought I wouldn't complete it today either when in the 11th node I came up against lvl76 Dooku (L), Daka, Rey, RG and GS all at 7*. I had to use a strong B team to take down protection and take out Daka after RG's taunt had worn off! That fight was hairier than a Wookie I can tell you ;)
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Options
    this topic should be closed. The devs stated several times they will be addressing GW problems soon.
  • strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    this topic should be closed. The devs stated several times they will be addressing GW problems soon.

Not really. Something has definitely changed. Maybe inadvertently. Yesterday was markedly harder. Today more so. This is not about protection. I have been clearing with protection. The difficulty has ramped in the last two days fore some reason we don't yet know.
  • Options
    strafeSS wrote: »
    There is another thread on GW today where a player thinks (with data backup) that GW difficulty just shifted from being based on arena power to the power of your top 5 toons.

this would explain the increased difficulty...
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't notice a change. This could just be RNG. Some people got it easier, some harder, then a big mass of people had the same difficulty. Start a poll ;)
  • strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Qleak wrote: »
    I didn't notice a change. This could just be RNG. Some people got it easier, some harder, then a big mass of people had the same difficulty. Start a poll ;)

If you use your highest power team in the arena (or close enough to it) and his theory is correct then you wouldn't notice a change.

• Options
    There was a definite change. I run my lowest power team in Arena to make GW easier. Before the guild update I had only seen four characters with protection. Now there is at least one purple gear character in every node, usually at least two, with some nodes having all five in purple some at gear VIII. I never saw a gear VIII before Monday. (max area power = 13K) I strongly suspect that a change was made accidentally by promoting some code they were testing since the CG staff so strongly deny that GW was changed.

This change is adversely affecting us cellar dwellers who don't care about Arena.
  • Tigerj
    18 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know...but it seems like there was some change. My guys just didn't feel like they were hitting or the opponent hitting harder! I am getting WASTED by toons lower than me or even a lev or 2 higher. I don't mind it challenging, but man at the end it is like impossible now.

I get to the point of frustration that I don't even want to play or I just restart the War..
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Options
    Yesterday I set a record of clearing at 38 minutes with one retreat. First time ever that has happened in weeks.

Today I was nearly killed completely off at Node 8 and 9. Took a ton of retreats and a lot of suicide and B/C squads. Took me over 1-1/2 hours to clear and I didnt have much left in the roster.

I dont get why there is a huge difference day to day... Annoying to say the least.