Are you happy with the direction this game is going?

Prev13
Tau_Lambda
72 posts Member
edited April 2016
I am just curious because the most fun I had with this game was in January after they had largely fixed most bugs from release. Ever since then I feel like every addition to this game has been in the interest of those who pay a lot of money, or have been met with largely negative responses by the community (most of which was ignored by devs). Please remember this is just my opinion, try to keep hostilities to a minimum.

Edit for spelling, sorry for poor english.

Are you happy with the direction this game is going? 315 votes

Yes I am happy with the direction the game is going
41%
MackemSLAMIvoB1987SongUshodata90xMurTelAnraethRogan_Ban84NonemoStarSonMoaiTailsSekuReznorXReyalpRelish_YodaFAED_EmperorSeryaZylvarstarAlmostcoolCastaspella 131 votes
No I am not happy with the direction the game is going
58%
Top_QuarkTelaanJJHilyanormasterringGenakumacosmicturtle333Kang0306AksterTagichatnPittpenfan71stupidfatfoolEM650shampooTakFireWatertjw_tjw14jbeeneybenacrowottomaddux 184 votes

Replies

• Options
    I think the moneygrabbing by EA is starting to get out-of-hand. I don´t mind paying in a freemium but some of the latest additions are ridiculous. Like the so-called Rancor MEGA pack with 22 shards for 1320 crystals. What a rip-off.

Or the Rancor Raid strategy bundle sigh... I can by a AAA game for that kind of money.
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    Options
    Well as I stated yesterday somewhere, I literally didn't like the way was heading with regards to prices *cough rip offs cough * I have quit playing. Deleted the installs from 4 of my gaming devices that I use. I still talk to the people I met playing via line but this game unfortunately has no interest for me to play anymore.

It was a fun playing December until a week or two ago and things just seemed to keep sliding down, prices relatively go up and incentives to buy stuff died, the precraft debacle (and I pre crafted 7 or 8 items) and lack of communication has blown it in my opinion.

Hopefully I teach myself to stop reading here, my 30+ years of love of all things star wars makes it hard to though haha
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    I'm still happy with the game, and the direction. I enjoy the raiding, and the guilds in general. Agree the reward systems are kind of messed up, but I have hopes they will change them (hopefully for the better, not like what they did profit mining).
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    I'm happy with it tbh, you prob have to spend upward of £200 a month to be competitive at the top end these days unless you made a good start in your shard which is something I'm not prepared to do, I don't mind spending a bit though here and there. The gear thing kills the game though, if you can't progress then what's the point really? Slow progress is better than no progress lol
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Gear items being locked behind raids and even then have a small chance to drop. Or locked behind shipments for crystal is just rediculous. I precrafted a bunch and I'm still annoyed at this face
  • Tau_Lambda
    72 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    I'm happy with it tbh, you prob have to spend upward of £200 a month to be competitive at the top end these days unless you made a good start in your shard which is something I'm not prepared to do, I don't mind spending a bit though here and there. The gear thing kills the game though, if you can't progress then what's the point really? Slow progress is better than no progress lol

if you want to spend that kind of money would you like to purchase the premium Tau_Lambda bundle? When you buy the bundle you get the knowledge that you are helping Tau_Lambda through university. If you spend $400 you gain an exclusive letter from Tau_Lambda thanking you for paying a months rent at his house. Haha. Just joking. But this is one of the reasons why I'm having trouble sticking to this game. To stay competitive and gear your team you have to spend crystals.
  • Options
    Overall it's good. The only thorn in my side is gear availability. IMO, a huge draw of the game is building characters and trying different teams. Unless you are a whale's whale, your chances of actually doing that are very slim. At least getting characters to a competitive level. I don't know that it should take years to enjoy this chunk of the game.
  • Options
    Veritasum wrote: »
    Overall it's good. The only thorn in my side is gear availability. IMO, a huge draw of the game is building characters and trying different teams. Unless you are a whale's whale, your chances of actually doing that are very slim. At least getting characters to a competitive level. I don't know that it should take years to enjoy this chunk of the game.

Ya I really wish I could play around with different team comps, but as f2p I only have enough resources to barely keep up with my main team.
  • Options
    I like the game. I don't feel you have to spend a ton of money to be competitive but I do think the prices are outrageous. I've spent 60-70$ and I'm always in top ten and sometimes #1. This is on a mid January server. So 20$ a month, but for the amount of time and enjoyment it is worth it. HOWEVER, something must be done about gear. Why can't I level up? Please fix this.
  • Options
    As a p2p player, yes I am. Just don't get distracted by these silly character packs and spend wisely, you can climb ranks pretty quick and see a return in your investment
  • Options
    This is a freemium game

Lots of f2p whiners here don't want to pay $10 to buy a furnace and want to play free forever on a server that costs money to maintain and staff to feed. I wish these whiners will go because they don't support the game financially which is the most important thing. What good do they bring to this community?
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    As long as they keep prices reasonable, I'll keep tossing ten dollars at the screen. I don't mind supporting this game at all. It was bound to happen in a free to play game that it would change. At least there are still ways of obtaining gear through raids for free to play, however they shouldn't expect to compete with someone who is purchasing gear. This isn't new, this is in almost every free to play game.
  • Options
    As a p2p player, yes I am. Just don't get distracted by these silly character packs and spend wisely, you can climb ranks pretty quick and see a return in your investment

I bought the recent rg pack. 50 rg shards was just too good to pass up. it 7* mine
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    I'd be fine spending some more on this game (only $5 on **** Greedo my first day, what a ripoff that was) if *any* of the offers seemed like they were worth the money. The return for cash in this game outlandishly low. Drop the price of Crystals or the new crystal priced gear by 50% and I guarantee their income goes way up.
  • Options

I bought the recent rg pack. 50 rg shards was just too good to pass up. it 7* mine

Wise purchase. I was considering that pack, as it would take me halfway to 7* if I got character drop too
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    I'd be fine spending some more on this game (only $5 on **** Greedo my first day, what a ripoff that was) if *any* of the offers seemed like they were worth the money. The return for cash in this game outlandishly low. Drop the price of Crystals or the new crystal priced gear by 50% and I guarantee their income goes way up.

Agreed. If they came out with just a few character packs between, let's say, $5 to $15 I'm sure they'd actually do well. I'm not paying $55.00 for easily farmable characters, although RG was tempting since I have him close to 5* and the 40 shards would bump me up to 5* and beyond since I can't get to the Cantina node yet.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    And as far as the poll goes, I'm reserving judgement.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    HelloHey wrote: »
    This is a freemium game

Lots of f2p whiners here don't want to pay $10 to buy a furnace and want to play free forever on a server that costs money to maintain and staff to feed. I wish these whiners will go because they don't support the game financially which is the most important thing. What good do they bring to this community?

It's not A furnace. It's dozens of these items. There are still several tiers of gear ahead, each needing multiples, and everyone has dozens of characters that will need these. Why are people so short sighted and keep presenting this as if it's a single time purchase?
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    yes, the only thing I dont like is reward system, especially raid one.
  • Options
    A lot of people are saying that f2p players bring nothing to the game. This is false. F2p people are like fibre in a good bowel movement. They add bulk and allow it to pass with ease. Less f2p players causes the game to dry up since that is a large chunk of the community, this leads to constipation. Too many f2p people gives the game diarrhea, bleeding money from the company. You need a nice balance of F2p to have a good game movement. Furthermore, if the prices for crystals and packs were a little bit cheaper like $5-$20 the some f2p might be more inclined to spend a little bit to support the game. As it stands now, you can by a brand new pc/console game for the price of 1 pack in this game. This I find to be a disgusting cash grab tactic.
  • Options
    No, I don't understand why the guild will be created ...
    I explain, the only reason I'm on a guild is for Neuro IX - X and Lens X, and I see that rewards It's only for the 3 better player on the raid (we try tier V). So why I do this raid? I CAN'T be on the top 3, some people of my guild are better than me. So I'm only here for help us to farm there character? I'm not ok with that...

I know i'ts selfish but at first I like this game because there are no interaction with other player (only 5 battle in arena). I'm farm my toon alone, and that will be ok for me.
    So now I have my toon blocked to the gear level 8 or 9 and I can do nothing to change that ...
    I see some people can buy in a shop the complete gear like furnace, I never see that but if the gear cost is 1400 crystals (for me more of 10€), I don't pay that I'm not crazy EA.

This is my point of view, I start to play in December.

PS : I'm french, may be I do some grammar mistake, I wrote this quickly without use a translator, please apologies me for that.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    You can easily compete with being f2p or spending like $20 a month.

Ive been playing since release and still havent spent enough to unlock Aurodiums ($200). I'm consistently in the top 20 on my shard and I was #1 at the payout just gone. With anywhere between 400-600 crystals a day I have more than enough IMO to compete with someone whos spent thousands. As the man said above - spend wisely. More importantly its about having patience to wait for a bargain or to spend when you need to - not have a child like mindset of 'NOW NOW NOW!!'

As for Guild Rewards, again dont have an issue. Currently sitting in top 10 and more than happy to take that box. Sure top 3 would be nice but those guys have probably paid a fortune (supporting the game, feeding the staff etc) and as a by-product of recent changes are stuck (like all of us) with no gear if they didnt have the hindsight to precraft. To be honest, anyone who says its skewed towards whales is having a laugh - its about the composition of your team and how much burst dps you do. A f2p person running a balanced squad is gonna hit for more than a whale running RG and a Poggle.

Games fine as it is and the track its on looks good. Especially when they get round to ships. Also, well done Devs for fixing Old Ben's leader ability (Finally!)
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Dmitri wrote: »
    No, I don't understand why the guild will be created ...
    I explain, the only reason I'm on a guild is for Neuro IX - X and Lens X, and I see that rewards It's only for the 3 better player on the raid (we try tier V). So why I do this raid? I CAN'T be on the top 3, some people of my guild are better than me. So I'm only here for help us to farm there character? I'm not ok with that...

I know i'ts selfish but at first I like this game because there are no interaction with other player (only 5 battle in arena). I'm farm my toon alone, and that will be ok for me.
    So now I have my toon blocked to the gear level 8 or 9 and I can do nothing to change that ...
    I see some people can buy in a shop the complete gear like furnace, I never see that but if the gear cost is 1400 crystals (for me more of 10€), I don't pay that I'm not crazy EA.

This is my point of view, I start to play in December.

PS : I'm french, may be I do some grammar mistake, I wrote this quickly without use a translator, please apologies me for that.

That's not selfish at all. You put in an effort and you expect a reward, even if it's a smaller one. I'd would be fine if the top person got a complete piece, the next 2 guys got half way there or so, and then it kept scaling down to maybe even 1 piece for the last place. At least this way everyone would be making progress. But right now you have 47 people who are subsidizing 3 and are not getting anything in return.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    shampoo wrote: »
    Gear items being locked behind raids and even then have a small chance to drop. Or locked behind shipments for crystal is just rediculous.

This is my biggest complaint. I like all the additions (Raids, Guilds, Events) but the fact that some things are simply out of reach EVEN IF YOU GRIND, seems really cheap and insulting. I'm not F2P, and it's still frustrating.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    shampoo wrote: »
    Gear items being locked behind raids and even then have a small chance to drop. Or locked behind shipments for crystal is just rediculous.

This is my biggest complaint. I like all the additions (Raids, Guilds, Events) but the fact that some things are simply out of reach EVEN IF YOU GRIND, seems really cheap and insulting. I'm not F2P, and it's still frustrating.

This
  • Options
    Still extremely satisfied... Coming from playing clash of clans where they killed the game with no communication for weeks post th11 update... CG has done a fantastic job communicating with the fan base and listening to feedback. So much more than Supercell ever did which is refreshing... Only complaint I have is the issue of precrafting. I feel it's the most frustrating issue and the only one that the devs haven't even acknowledged.... But I feel the game has been kept extremely competitive and though buffs and nerfs can be difficult to adjust to sometimes I have found them to have kept the game balanced.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Tau_Lambda wrote: »
    A lot of people are saying that f2p players bring nothing to the game. This is false. F2p people are like fibre in a good bowel movement. They add bulk and allow it to pass with ease. Less f2p players causes the game to dry up since that is a large chunk of the community, this leads to constipation. Too many f2p people gives the game diarrhea, bleeding money from the company. You need a nice balance of F2p to have a good game movement. Furthermore, if the prices for crystals and packs were a little bit cheaper like $5-$20 the some f2p might be more inclined to spend a little bit to support the game. As it stands now, you can by a brand new pc/console game for the price of 1 pack in this game. This I find to be a disgusting cash grab tactic.

This. All day.

EA could've easily had me for another $100 if their prices were even remotely reasonable, but they're not so I'll sit on my money.

If EA wants to make this game a boutique game for whales only, good luck with that.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Powda wrote: »

This. All day.

EA could've easily had me for another $100 if their prices were even remotely reasonable, but they're not so I'll sit on my money.

If EA wants to make this game a boutique game for whales only, good luck with that.

Since the update, their daily revenue has doubled (https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/68737/star-warstm-galaxy-of-heroes/). And that's just on iOS. Not sure they care about your $100.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

This. All day.

Since the update, their daily revenue has doubled (https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/68737/star-warstm-galaxy-of-heroes/). And that's just on iOS. Not sure they care about your $100.

That's the problem. They don't care about the players only the revenue.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

This. All day.

I think that's got more to do with the sale and the excitement around guilds which has dropped off sharply already.
    The whales are the ones rocking world firsts and the most upset about the raid rewards and the structure of rewards in general. If things don't change you can expect that number to drop at least 60% in a week or two.