KNOWN ISSUES AND TOPICS - 1/4/2016

Prev13456714
EA_Jesse
663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited January 2016
First I want to say that not all of these are being considered issues, some things are listed here so that you know the team is aware of them. Example: Just because I list Princess Leia below doesn’t mean she’s an issue, it means we acknowledge that she has been brought up in multiple conversations here on the forums and we’re in the process of verifying that she is working as intended.

General
  • Leader abilities appearing to downgrade when upgrading – display bug
  • Characters dying in Galactic War after a battle when they have low HP
  • Targeting issues – unable to manually target characters in some instances
  • Ally points not being rewarded to player who had their hero borrowed
  • Stretching icons for gear and characters in some instances
  • Character shards display issue – NOTE: we are still looking into the issue of not receiving shards that some players are reporting.
  • Daily Crystal packs
  • Reported cheaters in Arena (PVP)
  • Galactic War rewards

Characters

• Talia AI healing herself even when she is the last character alive (results in lowering health).
  • Princess Leia abilities – investigating chance for group buff and chance to attack multiple times.
  • Admiral Ackbar – skills Tactical Genius and Rebel Coordination abilities being checked to ensure they are working as intended
  • Captain Phasma – Fire at Will ability being checked to ensure chance is doubled for First Order allies.
  • Asajj Ventress – investigating issues where players are reporting that she is healing the entire team instead of just herself when using the ability Strike Fear. Also investigating reports of ability not removing positive status effects.
  • Ahsoka – investigating reports of crit being low for abilities.
  • Nightsister Initiate – investigating report of crit bonus being removed at level 6 for ability Cut Down.
  • Ewok Elder – investigating report of not removing negative status effects with ability Tribal Healer.
  • First Order Tie Pilot - investigating reports of health and damage at higher star levels.

If there are any other issues or topics I missed that you feel should be on this list please reply with them on this thread.

Thanks!
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
Post edited by EA_Jesse on

Replies

• Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    Vader attack resisted by jedis already debuffed (it should refresh the debuff right?).
    Ventress 5th abillity not procs whe she gets the kill.
    FOTP advantage not renewing after losing it from a second attack in the same turn.
    Leia buff continues to 2\3 and 3\3 stages.
    Daka revives when killed first and allies reviving when Daka is in their team (not from her casting resurrection)

Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Options
    That is Dakas ability
    Her unique has a 10% chance to revive her and anyone on her team when they die. Her heal has a 35% chance to revive. This is not a glitch this is working as intended @Dark
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    That is Dakas ability
    Her unique has a 10% chance to revive her and anyone on her team when they die. Her heal has a 35% chance to revive. This is not a glitch this is working as intended @Dark
    Serve Again – When another ally is defeated, Daka has a 10% chance to revive it with 30% Health and grant it Offense and Defense Up for 1 turn. In addition, revived character gains 20% Turn Meter.

When ANOTHER ally is defeated ... she revives when killed first and allies revive not in Daka's turn just when you killed them.
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    Anyway the ability description in spanish says that only Daka has a chance not allies.
  • Jeks
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Don't know if this is game design or bug - but there seems to be something funny with SPEED in general, specifically how it's factored into Turn 1 order. This is more obvious in Arena for me than other areas of the game (GW, Cantina, etc). You called this out for Ackbar's Rebel Coordination but several of us on the forum are confused about the similar abilities for Qui-Gon or Asajj (probably Lobot, Tarkin for that matter).

Is it the intent that this leader speed buff should have no impact on the first turn? My very crude observations are that:
    (1) There seems to be RNG on turn meter at the start of the turn - which I believe is needed to some degree to ensure someone doesn't completely own and wipe out a team on the first turn.
    (2) Team leader speed buff is not factored into this starting turn meter calculation, and I only seem to "feel" it coming into play as the game progresses. In today's arena play this is an issue, because often by the second turn the game is already decided.

Happy to record or send videos if needed. I've been playing a QGJ led team, and with his speed buff he should be outpacing many characters. More often than not though similar speed characters on defence such as POE and Poggle will start before him.

If this is working as intended it would be great to know as well so that I can stop developing teams with a speed leader :smile:

• Tchiapet
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1. Duplicate shard awards for a character in a chromium pack are not additive. For example, 3 ten shard awards for Leia result in 10 total shards, not 30.
    2. dooku is not balanced. Parse him, 100 % counter with high chance of bonus attack is broken. People will complain about a nerf, but look at dmg/lvl/power.
    3. Galactic war, opponent status lag. If team a defeats 3 of 5, my team B faces same 5 unless I wait an unknown amount of time.
    4. ROI for Keycard battles is too low.
    5. Drop rate of tier 3 ability mats too low.
    6. Counter synergies represent dominant meta. Need viable alternatives.
    Post edited by Tchiapet on
  • Options
    Oops forgot one other thing.

Healing immunity should mean character cannot gain HP by any means. There is a common healer Chr who can heal through immunity. I don't care if the healers ability includes a HP leveling, if a character has healing immunity, hp do not go up until debuff is gone.
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    [*] Asajj Ventress – investigating issues where players are reporting that she is healing the entire team instead of just herself when using the ability Strike Fear.

Hi @EA_Jesse
    Since dark side team doesn't have a decent healer (compared to light side) how about leaving Asajj as she is right now?

• Options
    The drop rate of tier 2 and 3 ability mats is absurd... I have over 100 tier 1, 5 tier 2, and 2 tier 3...
    u7Vtvnb.jpg
  • Options
    Missing scrollbars for skill upgrades (people cannot see that there is a third mat requirement) and missing scrollbar on Asajj ability list (not everyone is aware she has another ability... Rampage). In both cases scrollbar should be visible by default, or there should be another visual que.

I also started noticing an odd targeting issue. Not only am I unable to target once in a while, but sometimes the target is switched on its own (not related to taunt). For example, there are two enemies left. I target one and go in attack. Suddenly during another turn targeting switched to the other enemy. It has been happening for the past week, but I haven't noticed it before.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    Has anyone else experienced this...my game says I have 3+ upgrades but there isn't anything to do in my character menu. I don't know what else to do. Please help if you've experienced this before
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the update @EA_Jesse.

I've forgotten a lot of the other bugs posted other than those already mentioned. I'll go through my subscribed posts and dig them up at some stage.

Re Leia and FOTP they can both attack once more than their abilities describe from their basic attack. ie have been hit 4 times by Leia and 3 by FOTP on several occasions. This enables them to 1 shot most heroes without buffs.

Abilities described as unavoidable can be avoided.

And it's not just leader abilities that can appear to downgrade, it's any ability, always from level 1 to 2 in my experience.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Ilza
    67 posts Member
    Options
    Add to the list that the rewards are not correctly displayed when you finish a fight in the Galactic War - Display Bug
  • Options
    KK2388 wrote: »
    Has anyone else experienced this...my game says I have 3+ upgrades but there isn't anything to do in my character menu. I don't know what else to do. Please help if you've experienced this before

It's a common thing i guess. I simply ignore it for now
  • Options
    Is anyone else having a problem with their Darth Vader dispelling negative effects on enemies instead positive ones?
  • Options
    I agree that Ashoka is not critting enough. I have her 6* purple gear with Sid as leader and the other characters crit far more often than her.
  • Options
    Broly_78_ wrote: »
    Is anyone else having a problem with their Darth Vader dispelling negative effects on enemies instead positive ones?

I believe Vaders culling blade is meant to dispel negative effects, and doing more damage based on how many he dispels. I just got him, but haven't leveled him yet.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Broly_78_ wrote: »

That is what he is supposed to do. Remove all negative effects and do more damage for each of them. So if you want to use that ability make sure enemy has at least a few negative effects to increase the damage.. Also don't use it on an enemy which is stunned because the stun will be removed also (if you are gonna kill him it's ok of course ;) )
  • Options
    Thanks for the additional comments everyone. I'll update the list later today with some of these, as well as any others that aren't on there.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Harmonica1138
    33 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse can we get some sort of additional comment on the Chromium packs not providing the correct number of shards? It is good you updated the status of the thread that it is being looked at, but this isn't just some bug that can be fixed down the road, this relates to a lot of money and also time for F2P players. It seems a lot of people have sent in complaints and are being ignored or dismissed with auto reply cut and paste answers from the customer service staff.

Having spent a bunch of money on this game that I really like, it is frustrating to feel that this is not being acknowledged. One would think that while investigating the issue, the 4x and 8x packs would be disabled to prevent this problem.
  • Options
    @Harmonica1138 we are still looking into the Chromium pack reports of not receiving the correct number of shards. This is a top priority for us right now as we do additional testing to track it down. I'll provide another update once I have one
  • Options
    In Squad Arena if you're in the top 10 you can only battle the three players right above you (which is a good mechanism imo), but if you're #11 you can battle everyone above you up to #2. I can't see this being intended and it looks easy to fix.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @Harmonica1138 we are still looking into the Chromium pack reports of not receiving the correct number of shards. This is a top priority for us right now as we do additional testing to track it down. I'll provide another update once I have one

Thanks @EA_Jesse

• Options

I have it seen it too. But if I drill down on gear it means I can assemble some piece of gear at a lower level somewhere. I'm not really sure what the solution is to this, just because I might know about it doesn't mean I want to assemble that gear.
  • Options
    I'm running on an iPhone 6s. I had to restart my phone the other day due to SW:GoH freezing up. Since then my energy refresh rate is frozen. My energy will not replenish unless I use crystals. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it with no luck. Is there a way to fix this?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Barriss's cleanse appears to do nothing, which stinks given her recent nerfing.
    Tie Fighter pilot is COMPLETELY unbalanced, doing massive damage and having HP comparable to that of a tank.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    KairiRhien wrote: »

I have it seen it too. But if I drill down on gear it means I can assemble some piece of gear at a lower level somewhere. I'm not really sure what the solution is to this, just because I might know about it doesn't mean I want to assemble that gear.

I have all my gear assembled and it still says it I don't know I've just ignored it but the when I get new gear I have to constantly check because of it just more annoying than anything
  • klay
    76 posts Member
    Options
    Bariss offee is able to heal characters even when they have healing immunity inflicted upon them. However, I have noticed she will not heal herself when afflicted with healing immunity. It's pretty annoying because it completely defeats the purpose of having that status affliction if it is simply ignored by her.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet.
  • Options
    I noticed that Lumi's 2 & 3 round heal seems to be 20% of her health, the information description seems to indicate it is 20% of the characters health. apologies if this is already known. thank you
  • Options
    When HK revives himself during a DSB, and he survives the 3rd round, you are only awarded 2 stars even though imo it should count as all survived. I don't think it shows when Barris removes a negative status effect. Sometimes heals when heal immunity is showing, but it may be dispelled without the icon being removed. Please also allow us to enter our own ally code so we can see our stats.