Raid phases make the gear rewards unfair!

Prev1
I have only been a part of 2 raids so far (as most of us have), so I am still unsure as to which phase offers the chances at most damage for the raid. However, since the reward is based on damage alone, it is incredibly unfair for certain players in a guild to wait for this phase before they attack. We all agree that the raid reward system is flawed, but this has never been addressed.

Replies

• Options
    I posted this a few days back when we did our first raid. We are into our 2nd raid now, and wouldn't you know the same people have waited until the latter phases to begin attacking, pretty much guaranteeing the top spots.

While those of us who try to play this like a team, don't wait to attack and go in as soon as the raid opens and get really terrible damage numbers in phase 1.
  • Options
    I got terrible numbers in phase 1. All the higher levels waited until the rancor, and this is our second raid. Doubt I'll even get to see the rancor before my characters reset
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like your leadership is using you for cannon fodder.

Be sure to thank them.
  • Twyst3d
    58 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No. Competing for gear vs your guild mates makes it unfair. An officer can schedule the raid for optimal timing for themselves. Yesterday our first raid. 5 players got 10 attempts while everyone else only got 5.

Even then. The system guarantees that whoever has top spots will get stronger and stronger making it more impossible for you to compete with their contribution. They will gear up first. Which will guarantee I will NEVER catch up. In what world should I be agreeing to work so someone else's game experience does better than mine?

**** crackhead developers. The update changed nothing. It went infinitely terrible to slightly less infinitely terrible. Now my work amounts to minimal rewards while someone else gets stronger off the sweat of MY labor.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Sounds like your leadership is using you for cannon fodder.

Be sure to thank them.

That may be the case for some guilds, but it's a silly implementation for the game.
  • Options
    Phase 1 takes the longest because people don't want to waste their attacks :/
  • Options
    Phase 1 needs thinking. And with correct tactics it can allow you to deal more damage. I tried Phase 1 and Phase 4 with the best (as I assume) squads for that. At Phase IV there is almost no tactics. At Phase I you need to lock minions and wisely distribute damage. I dealt two times higher Damage in Phase 1 than in Phase 4. Anyway, OP is right regarding the issue. Phases allow different damage dealing.
    On the other hand, if you need system to estimate impact, damage is the most objective criterion anyway. Someone has suggest system were rewards tiers depend on damage threshold one need to reach. And it is reasonable! E.g.:
    • Tier 1: over 1000 damage
    • Tier 2: over 25000 damage
    • Tier 3: over 50000 damage
    • Tier 4: over 100000 damage
    • Tier 5: over 250000 damage
    • Tier 6: over 500000 damage
    • Tier 7: over 1000000 damage
    So, everyone who dealt damage in the frames between, let's say, 250k and 500k gets reward for Tier V. It allows not to think about how to outperform your guildmates, but how to distribute damage in order to get the best possible reward for everyone.
  • Stok3d
    140 posts Member
    Options
    See here for a solution to raid phases and loot distro in general: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4h38aw/detailed_raid_and_loot_distro_solution/
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need a new guild.
  • Options
    Really? I saw some guy in this forum did like 2 MILLION damage on Phase I with a Ewok team... I don't think you can do that much damage to Rancor.
  • Options
    I'm blessed to have in a guild that doesn't care nearly as much as others. We all pitch in, no one plots or looks to make an easy run at top slot. We just do what we do. Highly suggest you find one like it, or start another. It's quite liberating.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Kopfschuss
    653 posts Member
    Options
    Haplo wrote: »
    Sounds like you need a new guild.

Fortunately, I'm in TeamSkunk Omega and we are doing quite well. I can only imagine the struggle this brings for younger guilds.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    The whole system is intended to make you want to play more and spend more crystals so that you can compete with your guildmates. I highly doubt it will change anytime soon as everyone has expressed their hatred of the current system and no dev has made any sort of comment on it.
  • CPTRogers
    107 posts Member
    Options
    shampoo wrote: »
    The whole system is intended to make you want to play more and spend more crystals so that you can compete with your guildmates. I highly doubt it will change anytime soon as everyone has expressed their hatred of the current system and no dev has made any sort of comment on it.

I think it's more that the Dev's really can't comment on it. I've worked PR for a group before...you can't talk bad about the system as it is, but internally, they may be working on ideas to fix the issues.

So far, from what I've seen, they've been pretty on-point in listening to folks on the forums and trying to find some solutions. We may not always agree with what they go with, but they are trying (I believe).
  • Options
    shampoo wrote: »

It's been like what one week
  • Fearbeard
    100 posts Member
    Options
    You just need to find the right squad for phase 1. I had an Ewok + rg squad and did massive amounts of damage due to fast attacks, healing, and slowing the chief. I doubt this squad will get the same damage output in the rancor phase cause he will just devour me.

For reference in phase 1 I did 450k damage while in phase 2 I did around 120k, 200k, 200k and 200k.
  • LeBobcat
    107 posts Member
    Options
    You guys are funny complaining about one phase being harder than another. I have seen phase 1 is hardest and that's unfair because people wait, while other posts say phase 1 being the easiest and unfair for people to go first. Reality is it is all new and your strategy was most likely poor because you didn't prepare for battle and when the guards taunted and u got deathmarked. Prepare better. I can do 300k damage on phase 1 with multiple squads and I'm free to play top 100 arena. I just plan for the battle.
  • HelloHey
    186 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Raid itself is content for whales

To rank high, you need five characters for five teams who can dispel negative effects off your team and maybe heal.

Ask yourself who can dispel and where to get these characters.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    HelloHey wrote: »

To rank high, you need five characters for five teams who can dispel negative effects off your team and maybe heal.

QGJ is in Cantina Shipments, Mace windu and Plo Koon are Cantina farmable, Ventress is a Shipment, Ackbar is a Shipment, Barriss has a Cantina node... I am sure there are more...
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    HelloHey wrote: »

QGJ is in Cantina Shipments, Mace windu and Plo Koon are Cantina farmable, Ventress is a Shipment, Ackbar is a Shipment, Barriss has a Cantina node... I am sure there are more...

Nah, that's not it. If he can't do it, then it must be only whales that can. Isn't that the case for everything in this game?
  • Kopfschuss
    653 posts Member
    Options
    LeBobcat wrote: »
    You guys are funny complaining about one phase being harder than another. I have seen phase 1 is hardest and that's unfair because people wait, while other posts say phase 1 being the easiest and unfair for people to go first. Reality is it is all new and your strategy was most likely poor because you didn't prepare for battle and when the guards taunted and u got deathmarked. Prepare better. I can do 300k damage on phase 1 with multiple squads and I'm free to play top 100 arena. I just plan for the battle.

I hope you mean 300k per attack, because you'd need a lot more to compete with a real guild. The fact that guild compete against each other is rediculous. My original post mentioned that it is very new and strategies are still being calculated. Eventually the min/maxing of the game will show the ideal phase to attack for top dps.
  • ottomaddux
    490 posts Member
    Options
    My first Raid I did phase one and finished 2nd. second raid i missed first phase and finished second.
  • Khaleesi
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Eebers wrote: »
    I posted this a few days back when we did our first raid. We are into our 2nd raid now, and wouldn't you know the same people have waited until the latter phases to begin attacking, pretty much guaranteeing the top spots.

While those of us who try to play this like a team, don't wait to attack and go in as soon as the raid opens and get really terrible damage numbers in phase 1.

I agree it is so annoying. Im usually rank 4 or 5. And those in rank 1 to 3 and 6 are freaking waiting! I usually attack whatever the phase is and whenever i have time and battle attempts. And usually the whole raid is all gone and finished when i leave at the start of phase 2 and get back 30 min after my character resets. And today, it has been 5 hours passed the character resets and the raid still looked like where i left off at the start of phase 3 yesterday! Or moved only by like 5%?

What the hell? I am tempted to NOT put in all the damages until these people at least try some hits. **** so annoying. I am at level 76, arena power 30k + and i will be ranked like this in top 3 until these people levels 75 to 76 (76 is highest in my group), starts attacking when the younglings cleared the path and suddenly i will find myself in 9# and have to rush against time to fight to 5# or 6#.
  • Khaleesi
    19 posts Member
    Options
    I got terrible numbers in phase 1. All the higher levels waited until the rancor, and this is our second raid. Doubt I'll even get to see the rancor before my characters reset

I love phase one. More than two or three anyway.
  • Khaleesi
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Twyst3d wrote: »
    No. Competing for gear vs your guild mates makes it unfair. An officer can schedule the raid for optimal timing for themselves. Yesterday our first raid. 5 players got 10 attempts while everyone else only got 5.

Even then. The system guarantees that whoever has top spots will get stronger and stronger making it more impossible for you to compete with their contribution. They will gear up first. Which will guarantee I will NEVER catch up. In what world should I be agreeing to work so someone else's game experience does better than mine?

**** crackhead developers. The update changed nothing. It went infinitely terrible to slightly less infinitely terrible. Now my work amounts to minimal rewards while someone else gets stronger off the sweat of MY labor.

Agree for those who leeches on my effort. I mean i do get top 6 spots. But i did spend all day playing!
  • VeeDee
    140 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Really doesn't matter what phase You attack in....
    for me I hit 1 million no matter what phase!!! depends on how many level seven*characters, gear, attack abilities you have
  • Options
    I'm blessed to have in a guild that doesn't care nearly as much as others. We all pitch in, no one plots or looks to make an easy run at top slot. We just do what we do. Highly suggest you find one like it, or start another. It's quite liberating.

This!! Just chill and collect rewards. My guild can handle level 5 raids, 6 are rough. Eventually we'll get there. Competitive guilds are whack

• Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Twyst3d wrote: »

This is possibly the best post ever.
  • Options
    Khaleesi wrote: »

I love phase one. More than two or three anyway.

Things have dramatically changed since this post. 5th raid and I'm consistently top 3 when finishing, and number 2 overall in guild. I was going through 20 toons a raid, but now I'm losing half that. I find most of my damage now comes in first two phases, and least damage in forth. There's definitely a learning curve when first starting out, and once I figure out forth phase, I'm pretty sure they'll change who we battle.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    The irony is the best I've done in raids the worse gear I've gotten. After two raids you just don't have enough to go on, bro