Is it necessary that someone directly address precrafting issue? (Don't answer if you precrafted)

Prev1
Obi_Wan_Cannoli
272 posts Member
edited May 2016
It's been some time and a lot of new content. But still not a word about what I think most people still see as a huge issue. The high level gear is extremely scarce and I'm tired of getting smoked by these roided out gear 9 and 10 teams.

Guilds are cool, but they're making the problem worse. The precrafted players have a huge advantage and are getting better gear much faster.

I'd like to see something like a week long event that allows us players who didn't precraft at least one team together that can actually compete.

Is it necessary that someone directly address precrafting issue? (Don't answer if you precrafted) 155 votes

Yes
74%
TaniwhaGreen_Legend_RanTop_QuarkNaecabonpepelestatCronozNLMunkieAggropoxJaceTirelScorpion1980LordStylingDaezlWildcats1203benacrowDarth_MangoMerkur0mBrobiWanKenobiThePedroKidT0mmyB23Bluerock 116 votes
No
25%
FightonOneSixOneFourcosmicturtle333UshoKTroy24DashboardSekuElinadWill_CocishugegarubladorJohnnyMakeBelieveNONcomLordRathZettoquigonkennyKlockoKopfschussKingken85RenovatoDeadHeadAndy 39 votes

Replies

• Options
    Yes
    I think the No's precrafted
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    No
    It's not necessary. It would be nice, but it's not more than that.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I precrafted, but only some, and I've had multiple thread comments on why they need to fix this so that ALL players can access the pre-crafted gear before Halloween hits (I did the numbers and that's how long it'll take me to get my arena team to all G9 with the furnaces).
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • vavavader
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    It's necessary and a huge mistake in which no one is going to own up to.
    38yr old . Income: Govt Disability . Living in mom's basement . Fav food: hot pockets . Fav game: SWGOH
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes
    The problem is that it is literally (yes, literally) impossible for some folks to get these gears without (extreme?) luck on RNG.

I'm gear blocked on like all my A,B,and C teams waiting for drops and it is very frustrating.

I would be happy if they simply added these gear salvages to level 8 nodes, even if they only drop at like 5%.
  • soneill73
    202 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I pre-crafted one that was shared across 3 characters so not terribly helpful, and I was getting close to 3 others but they changed the recipe with the update.

I think it would be nice to have gear events not unlike the daily challenges but which only have the top tier gear with payouts that make sense so if you complete the events over an entire week you should end up with at least 1 fully crafted piece. It really doesn't sound like too much to ask since events only seem to run once every other month or so (not including the Yoda event). It's either that or having these hard to get pieces dropping more often. At least some of them are in the daily challenges now but still makes it much too slow when playing F2P.

It was a pretty poor change ultimately and seems a tad deceptive. I normally understand changes, but when you create a moving target to an end goal or purposefully cripple a characters abilities I cannot be in agreement. Seems like a shady practice. Not unlike creating an ever climbing level cap. How would you like to be a new player just starting out?
  • Obi_Wan_Cannoli
    272 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes
    Thanks to the commenters. Especially very much appreciate the precrafters who aren't bitterly and unfairly clinging to their advantage by underplaying this issue on the forum.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Every day without any compensation is another day I dont get the 50 gear I need to catch the people who are already g10 while I am stuck at g8. I have literally lost several matches because I go into arena only to see an enemy GS one shot a toon through protection for an auto-kill, then watch as the rest of their team do the same all because I am f2p and couldnt get to pre-craft fast enough.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I voted yes and I'm a precrafter. This is an obvious issue.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »

i declare this poll invalid, you were not allowed to vote! ;)

i dont encouter much precrafters, i think my server is too young and the mayority wasnt even close to the lvl needed to start planning lvl9 gear.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • GenKillYou
    125 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    This poll is a waste of your time man. They put a large portion of their player base at a major disadvantage on purpose. Had it been a mistake they would have responded to one of these countless precraft threads, or atleast fixed it. The gear is obtainable in raids? Sure if you are REALLY lucky. I have completed two tier 6 raids and came in 8th both times and I got junk. We have been looking forward to these raids for some time and thought they would be a solution to the gear issue. Biggest let down ever!!!

Oh and I disagree about the precrafters getting better gear in the raids. Sure, they might be able to do more damage but they got the same junk I did. Our #14 got a full part so it just shows how flawed the rewards system is.
  • Options
    Yes
    leef wrote: »
    Naecabon wrote: »

i declare this poll invalid, you were not allowed to vote! ;)

i dont encouter much precrafters, i think my server is too young and the mayority wasnt even close to the lvl needed to start planning lvl9 gear.

haha, neacabon is team instinct, destroying the leaderboard. He can vote in any poll he wants.

Lucky, my server has heavy precrafted teams into the hundreds rank.
  • Options
    No
    It's addressed. You can buy the gear with crystals for the shipment center. The whales are happy, so EA is happy.
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I precrafted months ago, just to make sure my main toons were ready.

This is a huge issue and CG dropped the ball on this one as gear should have effectively stayed the same that was already in the game. They thankfully prevented this from happening again, however the damage is done and there is a huge difference between those who precrafted and those who didn't. Which then compounds because of the furnaces now available to purchase in the Shipments.

The situation gets worse because the amount of time it will take most players to obtain this gear. Finally, because of all of this combined, those who are F2P or low spenders will lose PVP ranks because they just won't be able to beat high end teams with 2 tiers of gear on them which leads to less daily Arena rewards making the situation even more grim for them.

Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes
    Malachae wrote: »
    It's addressed. You can buy the gear with crystals for the shipment center. The whales are happy, so EA is happy.

See, the problem is, you can't just buy the gear in the shipment center if they never show up. I'm on probably 50 rotations through without seeing one. Single. Furnace. I've said it before, I have money waiting to be spent if I do see one. It can't be spent if they aren't available.

And that's just the furnaces, there are other types that don't even exist in shipments.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    GenKillYou wrote: »
    Our #14 got a full part so it just shows how flawed the rewards system is.

It seems everyone has the same chance of getting something half way decent (most only get some salvage if any raid gear). Just the higher ranks get more of it. I saw first place on Heroic didn't even get a full piece. lol

The whole thing's a joke. The only sure thing when it comes to raids/guilds are coins for shards and a few credits. Everything else is just meh.

The thing is, if their profits are going up from people buying extra crystals to complete raid activities, they'll think this is working. All the while our toons will be stuck on gear 8 indefinitely.

• Options
    Yes
    I'd like it to be acknowledged and to know what their plans are for it.

It may very well be in the next set of challenges, which we'll have to wait for with a level cap increase.

It seems now that the highest gear level is 11 for a few but 10 mostly and with furnaces added to shipments most can use those to get to 9 with few stuck at 8. So on average we're less than two gear slots behind without raids.

Level cap could come with a new raid as well to get to tier 12 while we catch up to 10 or 11 with gear from the challenges, leaving us still on average less than two gear slots behind.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I'd like it to be acknowledged and to know what their plans are for it.

It may very well be in the next set of challenges, which we'll have to wait for with a level cap increase.

It seems now that the highest gear level is 11 for a few but 10 mostly and with furnaces added to shipments most can use those to get to 9 with few stuck at 8. So on average we're less than two gear slots behind without raids.

Level cap could come with a new raid as well to get to tier 12 while we catch up to 10 or 11 with gear from the challenges, leaving us still on average less than two gear slots behind.

+1
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    While not ideal, the heads up on the forum allowed me to precraft 5 droid callers but no furnaces.

Ive saved up enough for a furnace now so ill snap one up for my arena team. This is the end game and things will be slow. Unfortunately even if there were a gear event the precrafters will finish towards the top, getting the best rewards and widening the gap
  • Options
    Yes
    I really don't believe they haven't addressed this yet. At least tell us they're going to do nothing. Tell us something.

Also, only furnaces are available in shipments. Great if you - (1) need a furnace, (2) are lucky enough to get one in shipments and (3) have the crystals.

What if you need another type of pre-craft gear? Too bad. Months of waiting and falling further and further behind those that have them. Ridiculous.
  • Kosar
    84 posts Member
    Options
    Lol the title of this might as well be "only vote if you agree with me"...and we wonder why trump gains power irl...

Have you never played a video game before tho? Every game that has ever done this gives no warning at all and alienates the entire community. This game chose to alienate half or less. It was a smart, bold choice considering how much the changes aggravated everyone. Nothing needs to be addressed, considering even precrafters didn't get away with 1000s of pieces. The vast majority made a couple. People like me made 15 of 1 item to find out only 3 really needed it. The few people that made 20 of each are so limited in number that it didn't affect the game or else the VAST majority of players wouldn't still be complaining about raid rewards...
  • Options
    Yes
    @Kosar the trump analogy made me laugh.

No need for rhetorical question, this is a star wars rpg, i think we've all played more than a few games before.

"It was a smart bold choice" doesn't seem right, as most people would disagree.

And maybe you play on a new server but mine is loaded with gear 9 and 10 toons. It's a huge problem. People criticizing raid rewards doesn't mean that it's not. That's faulty logic.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Yes, it's an issue since this gear is still fairly locked up for vast majority of players. It either randomly shows up for a very large amount of crystals, or you can spend literal months raiding without being able to complete a single piece. Meanwhile, people who were lucky enough to precraft in that 24-hour window are enjoying a fair amount of extra power, helping them both in arena as well as lock up those higher spots in raids, further leaving players behind in both areas which means that much slower catching up.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Yes
    I precrafted one droid caller for my Royal Guard purely to stay competitive on my soft launch whale server where the top 5 have almost full gear 11 teams (yes 11). I'm not proud of it, I didn't realize only a few people would be doing it at the time and it's definitely an unfair advantage. It sucks for everyone that wasn't on the forum at the right time and it's incredible that not only has it not been fixed, devs haven't even said one word about the issue.

If it makes any difference, I'm still not really competitive even with a gear 9 RG because I haven't really chased the meta with other characters...
  • Hedgehog
    61 posts Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to how they could "address" the issue of pre crafting in a way that would even come close to satisfactory. Give out free gear? Uncraft the gear that was crafted before the update? Offer an apology that would immediately be mocked and dismissed? Give a million free crystals and a pony to all?
  • Options
    Hedgehog wrote: »
    I'm curious as to how they could "address" the issue of pre crafting in a way that would even come close to satisfactory. Give out free gear? Uncraft the gear that was crafted before the update? Offer an apology that would immediately be mocked and dismissed? Give a million free crystals and a pony to all?

Yep, it's unfixable.

Yes, they basically broke their own game, but there's nothing that can be done about it now. The horse has bolted.

If you're still hoping for them to acknowledge a mistake they can't correct, then you're going to be sorely disappointed.
  • Options
    No
    Thanks to the commenters. Especially very much appreciate the precrafters who aren't bitterly and unfairly clinging to their advantage by underplaying this issue on the forum.

I voted no just because of comments like this.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes
    They could just make it easily farmable and make raid gear the next level up from that. That would sort most people out.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I won't vote since I preecrafted 5 Droid Callers. I seriously can't believe this was allowed to float by. I finally bought a Furnace from Shipments today. I don't feel that put out because I did have the Callers, but I feel your pain and was surprised by the way things played out. Very unfair to those who did not precraft. As for a fix, I don't see anything that can be done.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    No
    I didn't pre craft but if I could have I would have. The same goes for all of you. Its a game let it be already stop complaining because your not #1 im currently rank 187 and im not losing a limb. And yes I do get in the top 100 somethimes top 50 if my work shift is slow and I have fought gear 9 and 10 toons with omega abilitys and yet I win so stop complaining and play. Those who were smart enough to pre craft should enjoy there temporary advantage. Why temporary?? Because they can only have 5 toons at a time and sooner or later you will catch up