Solution to guild clearing Heroic Rancor in 30 mins

Replies

• Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Diraan wrote: »
    Naecabon wrote: »
    Balaxxe wrote: »
    If you clearing heroic in 23 minutes, you are chaating, plain and simple.

We aren't.

You guys post a video of you doing it legit and I will donate 50 bucks to the charity of your choice.

We'll stream it Saturday.

Then I will pm you after and we will work out the details.

Kudos to you if you're serious about the charity thing. I'd love to see the stream myself as my guild is at T6 but looking upwards.

Maybe TI should make an announcement about the stream in the forum? Twitch anyone?

I am serious. Seems like a fair deal. Everyone wins.

Well, you're awesome. If they throw up some kind of charity link on the stream, I bet a lot of others would donate, myself included.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Kopfschuss
    653 posts Member
    Options
    This whole thing is mildly upsetting. Heroic seems like easy mode once you have a big roster...
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Kopfschuss wrote: »
    This whole thing is mildly upsetting. Heroic seems like easy mode once you have a big roster...

Will, the way it's built f2p can beat it eventually. If they make it too much tougher it will extend the time before f2p can down it. It's a tough balance.
    Post edited by Barrok on
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    Kopfschuss wrote: »

Will, the way it's built f2p can beat it eventually. If they make it top much tougher it will extend the time before f2p can down it. It's a tough balance.

They've struck a pretty decent balance too. Most new MMO raids are cleared within a week of launching, while more casual guilds play catch up for the next few months. Then a new raid is released.

EA did a great job with the Rancor - most people's complaints lie solely with the reward structure, but that is a different problem entirely.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    Can I just pipe in here and say.. (for what it's worth) I would not bet against anything said here.. I was a part of this raid, and everything that has been said was true..

My comment in our chat.. "it takes 3 times as long to get the loot as it does to do the raid.." :|

That being said, please no personal attacks, calling each other out etc.. I will close this.

If you @Bentwookiee make it something worthwhile..
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    They've struck a pretty decent balance too.

I'm not sure I can agree if, 10 days in, guilds are spending 30 minutes race-raiding followed by 2,850 minutes of sitting around waiting for raid currency to accumulate.
    I, like I would imagine most people, though T7 would be a little harder than T6 but with no refreshes. Why make it easier?! If that's the case the only gate to beating it is what, grinding 100 more shards for 20 guys?
    I like the actual raid mechanics too. They are fun to puzzle out and take lots of strategy.
    The reward structure and balancing are something else.
    ETA: Month 6 of providing evidence that we need a beta test program.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    WOW
    Bad game management here
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

I'm not sure I can agree if, 10 days in, guilds are spending 30 minutes race-raiding followed by 2,850 minutes of sitting around waiting for raid currency to accumulate.
    I, like I would imagine most people, though T7 would be a little harder than T6 but with no refreshes. Why make it easier?! If that's the case the only gate to beating it is what, grinding 100 more shards for 20 guys?
    I like the actual raid mechanics too. They are fun to puzzle out and take lots of strategy.

You hit it right in the nose. Grind out more shards for more characters to do the heroic raid. Aka: spend more crystals and money lol.
  • Options
    Tier V and VI were not designed to be beaten in a day. Heroic was.
    Yeah but there's a large gap right now between T5 and T6, so T5 takes 2 hours for a F2P guild like mine, and T6 takes 4 days.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yeah but there's a large gap right now between T5 and T6, so T5 takes 2 hours for a F2P guild like mine, and T6 takes 4 days.

Yeah I started a thread about this earlier. The gap between T5 and T6 is enormous. There is no "sweet spot" for a lot of guilds. On the plus side, does give you something to work on. We've already shaved a half day off our last time.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    @Naecabon
    My guild only needs 1 refresh to beat a t6. Without knowing our rosters obv how far off do you think we are before we should try heroic?
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    @Naecabon
    My guild only needs 1 refresh to beat a t6. Without knowing our rosters obv how far off do you think we are before we should try heroic?

We had never actually beaten T6 without a refresh before we cleared Heroic the first time.
  • ReyOP
    85 posts Member
    Options
    Good. If raids cause TI trouble then we can be sure EA will change it up.
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Can I just pipe in here and say.. (for what it's worth) I would not bet against anything said here.. I was a part of this raid, and everything that has been said was true..

My comment in our chat.. "it takes 3 times as long to get the loot as it does to do the raid.." :|

That being said, please no personal attacks, calling each other out etc.. I will close this.

If you @Bentwookiee make it something worthwhile..

I agree. You look like a snitchy muff when you tag mods unnecessarily. ignore the attacks/trolls. I can't believe it bothers people that much.
    I don't always @ bentwookie, but when I do, Its always because i have a pair of chapped cheeks.
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Options
    @Naecabon

We had never actually beaten T6 without a refresh before we cleared Heroic the first time.

Which phase of aT6 raid do you use your refresh?

• oALo
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    @Naecabon

Last T6 we had 15% left of phase 4 (not sure we had all members get attacks in). If you can make it to phase 4 of T6 before refresh you are more than likely ready to attempt t7
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Tier V and VI were not designed to be beaten in a day. Heroic was.

Our first T6 was 4 days, now we are at about 48.25 hours. 2 days plus a reset for 3 sets of attacks. Wonder how big a roster you need for T7.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    @Naecabon

Our best was phase 4. I think Team instinct got to 30% left and Instinct Legends 50%.

With that said, we haven't done t6 since heroic... I feel we could do it a quicker now.

Also, t6 is the best of the two as far as difficulty and roster flexibility. You get to use guys in t6 that you would never use... which is also the problem.. you farm guys for t6 that you won't use in Heroic.

They could have moved the heroic battle to t6 and t6 to the heroic and it probably would have gone off better (that is my personal opinion, Team Instinct doesn't necessarily share that belief).
  • oALo
    52 posts Member
    Options
    @Randall

A few possibilities here

1. Have a large roster of at least gear 8 toons 30+
    2. Have a really strong set of 15 (g9+) toons and a gaggle of garbage 7* toons
    3. Regardless of roster size, is your guild strong enough to make it half way through phase four of T6 without a refresh?

Those may even be generous. But if you and your guild mates meet those requirements your probably ready to attempt your first T7

Good luck!
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    We aren't. TY. Looking forward to the guide I read was going to be posted tomorrow. My damage isn't that great I usually barely sneak into top 20.
  • Options
    All I can say is well done folks, well done.

First big raid design flaw I've heard of besides rewards. Maybe beating the heroic raid should reward half the bank coins it takes to start one..idk
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    @BentWookiee until they add something else for you guys to do, why not make it fun raiding instead?

Ie: pick 5 unrealistic toons with horrible combos and see how you guys do?

As long as you guys still beat it, keep it fun!
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    @BentWookiee until they add something else for you guys to do, why not make it fun raiding instead?

We make it a goal to have all raids end with CUP doing the final damage.
  • DarthScott
    292 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

T6 is great. The mechanics are interesting, the health pools are large, and you can last more than a few rounds of attacks when the rancor isn't toppled. Honestly, making T7 exactly like T6 without the character daily reset would be harder than what T7 is, well at least for guilds with a ton of whales. As it is, T7 seems mostly a roster check. If you have enough chars to throw at the Rancor, you win.
  • Options

Lol nice. Next time start with your worse teams first and see how long they last?
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options

Lol
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options

Lol nice. Next time start with your worse teams first and see how long they last?

To be honest, my first team was my worst team :) I did a bunch of stun guys and didn't get the 1.2 million I got on phase 1 in the tier 6 raid. You need to make sure you have your solid guys for phase 4.. because he hits like a son of a gun.. Got to pack that damage in fast.
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    Options
    @Naecabon

@Phipps How far do you get before the first refresh?
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • DarthScott
    292 posts Member
    Options
    @Naecabon

@Phipps The big question is 'do you need the refresh because you ran out of allowed attempts, or because you ran out of characters to use?' If you still have characters, but are artificially limited by the attempt limit AND you are in to phase 4 already, then my guess is you can do heroic now. If instead of being out of attempts, you are totally out of characters and the rancor isn't nearly dead, my guess is that you aren't quite ready for heroic yet.
  • mccif16
    114 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    On my game screen it ended in 32 mins. With 39 players getting in on it. This is about having a deep roster. The pigs are easy with the right line up. The rancor kills you quick so just get as much damage in as possible.

Phase 4 is hardest
This discussion has been closed.