Discussing the top tier characters.

Prev1
TheDukeofDukes22
585 posts Member
edited May 2016
So I will list here which ones I believe are the best 10 characters in the game. I would love for you to discuss them and I will be adding or taking away some depending on the descusion. So, for you, which character is worthy of one of the 10 spots?

List (no particular order):
Rey
Geonosian Soldier
Royal Guard
Dooku
Qui-gon Jinn
Fives
Sun Fac
Leia
Captain Phasma
Old Daka
Post edited by TheDukeofDukes22 on

Replies

• MoBlaq
    586 posts Member
    Options
    Leia
    Old Ben > Dooky. Dont even think Dooky should be on the list
    Phasma
    Daka
  • Options
    Why is han on here over 5s?
  • BobAFeet
    147 posts Member
    Options
    A 7 star fully geared Rey is more powerful than Dooku, GS or FOTP ever was...even before the update
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    Options
    Fives is in there I don't care who you move.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    RG
    Old ben
    Fives
    Rey
    Leia
    Sun fac
    QGJ
    Phasma
    ST Han or Count Dooku
    Old Daka

No order.
  • Icyraine
    70 posts Member
    Options
    The grand master is really good u know
  • Options
    Why is han on here over 5s?

Is he not better?
  • Options
    RG
    Old ben
    Fives
    Rey
    Leia
    Sun fac
    QGJ
    Phasma
    ST Han or Count Dooku
    Old Daka

No order.

Can we grade Sun Fac already??
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    You need fives in this list
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    daka, rey, Rg, gs, fives, leia, phasma.

I'd say those are meta right now.
  • Options
    I am adding fives right now.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Uggh...you guys...your missing the mighty ugnaught! And unstoppable corusant underworld police officer! I mean really! How many #1-10 ranks dont have those two...gems...in there :p
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma and Old Ben should not be on the list.
    Yoda should be on the list.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »

Old Ben is the best evasion lead right now. Plus Yoda is terrible on defense.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    Options
    Rex
    Rey
    Leia
    QGJ
    GS
    Fives
    Old Ben
    RG
    Sun Fac

Daka
    Aalya
    Phasma
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    Yea I agree that Ben shouldn't be on there, he is Completley neutralised by yoda, and yoda does a lot more
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

"Does not BM first move" is different than "terrible on defense".
    Old Ben is FotM. Not a staple.
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options
    You totally forgot about Barris.
    She is superrior to any other leader in GW (makes the whole run the walk in the park with a single team).
    In arena her leadership is stronger than any eva leader, even though most ppl dont see the obvious synergy with RG. With Barris HP boost and protection even Rey cant 1 shoot any hero anymore, and before RG taunt is over Barris passive heals can bring anyone from yellow back to green. Plus her equalization and heal can bring RG from red to full and give everyone def up for 2 turns. This can turn the tide of any battle back on your favour.
    Since the protection update I use her as a leader exclusively and I win close to 100% arena battles without loosing a single hero. Usually all end up on green and I hardly ever need to use her heal even.
    She should definattely be in top 5 along with Rey, RG, QGJ and GS
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options

I personally prefer dooku over Ben. Why?

Everyone has qgj. I use dooku to keep him locked down. Rather stun, or abilty block, both helps more than old Ben as he has no anti abilities. This lets my RG to lock down someone else with stuns, while rey, qgj, and Leia focus people down. Plus counter is still effective.

What about mind trick? What about it? It's really not that good anymore with protection. You can easily last one round of the mind trick without it doing hardly any harm. Plus when t misses ( as it does with Rey Everytime because of insight ) they get off up, and Rey can almost 1shot anyone with her number 3 skill, with off up, and no neg effects.

So really comes down to liking tm gain over off up gain I guess. While tm gain is better than off up gain, I like dooku because of qgj. If people didn't use qgj, then I more than likely would use old Ben instead, but for now I see dooku more valuable than old ben
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    Also are you only talking arena characters? Bc the best all round character for every single aspect of the game is Lumi, she's viable in every area but not the best in any
  • Options
    Breetai wrote: »

I personally prefer dooku over Ben. Why?

Everyone has qgj. I use dooku to keep him locked down. Rather stun, or abilty block, both helps more than old Ben as he has no anti abilities. This lets my RG to lock down someone else with stuns, while rey, qgj, and Leia focus people down. Plus counter is still effective.

What about mind trick? What about it? It's really not that good anymore with protection. You can easily last one round of the mind trick without it doing hardly any harm. Plus when t misses ( as it does with Rey Everytime because of insight ) they get off up, and Rey can almost 1shot anyone with her number 3 skill, with off up, and no neg effects.

So really comes down to liking tm gain over off up gain I guess. While tm gain is better than off up gain, I like dooku because of qgj. If people didn't use qgj, then I more than likely would use old Ben instead, but for now I see dooku more valuable than old ben

I also believe dooku's is better. But Old Ben is really good. Evasion lead in general is top tier right now.
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Also are you only talking arena characters? Bc the best all round character for every single aspect of the game is Lumi, she's viable in every area but not the best in any

Yeah! Forgot to specify, sorry.
  • Options
    Amnor wrote: »
    You totally forgot about Barris.
    She is superrior to any other leader in GW (makes the whole run the walk in the park with a single team).
    In arena her leadership is stronger than any eva leader, even though most ppl dont see the obvious synergy with RG. With Barris HP boost and protection even Rey cant 1 shoot any hero anymore, and before RG taunt is over Barris passive heals can bring anyone from yellow back to green. Plus her equalization and heal can bring RG from red to full and give everyone def up for 2 turns. This can turn the tide of any battle back on your favour.
    Since the protection update I use her as a leader exclusively and I win close to 100% arena battles without loosing a single hero. Usually all end up on green and I hardly ever need to use her heal even.
    She should definattely be in top 5 along with Rey, RG, QGJ and GS

I don't really agree. First, sorry for not specifying, we are talking of arena solely. Second, I belive that a lot of people, including some friends and guild mates tried barris as lead and as you can see in most leaderboards, there is not much barris lead. I don't have her enough level to have her in my arena really. So I am stating what others have told me and what I have seen in the leaderboards. She is great as lead in a defensive team though.
  • Options

Yoda isn't top 10 anymore in my opinion, Phasma is. I am changing Old Ben for Sun Fac. I will change another one (Probably Phasme as she seems to be the weakest rival) when someone states a better character with arguments and evidence.
  • Options
    Personally I'd drop that list down to 2.
    Rey/QGJ.

Every other toon on the list is situational in the sense that you need other toons that make them synergize well, but IMHO Rey/QGJ can be plugged into basically any team and make it better.
  • Options
    Rey/QGJ.

Every other toon on the list is situational in the sense that you need other toons that make them synergize well, but IMHO Rey/QGJ can be plugged into basically any team and make it better.

You have a point, though I want us to have a wider view of good characters, not strictly the best 2.
  • Options
    Rey/QGJ.

Also, what about GS? And RG?
  • Options
    Rey/QGJ.

Also, what about GS? And RG?

I prefer 86 over GS (especially with Omega) since the update and Han can be plugged into just as many builds as RG.

Other I think are worthy of discussion for a top 10 are Poggle/Ahsoka.
  • GruyloRen
    206 posts Member
    Options

I don't really agree. First, sorry for not specifying, we are talking of arena solely. Second, I belive that a lot of people, including some friends and guild mates tried barris as lead and as you can see in most leaderboards, there is not much barris lead. I don't have her enough level to have her in my arena really. So I am stating what others have told me and what I have seen in the leaderboards. She is great as lead in a defensive team though.

I agree with this. Barriss is awesome for GW as was stated, but she hits like a wet noodle and losing that offense in a short arena fight really doesn't work. She's not going to get more than one heal in during an arena fight, and her passive heal, while helpful, isn't enough to turn the tide of most fights. I always target teams she's in as it's basically a 5 on 4 fight, and just leave her for last as she really can't hurt you enough to matter.

I threw her in once for a specific fight where I needed a heal to get past my opponent and forget to take her out again. My team normally is in the top 20 on my server, and I got knocked back to 50 that day, so she's much worse on defense than my normal team too, and obviously others targeted me as a result.